Skip to content

Coordinator Hirings news

The Browns Board
129 38 7.2k
  • Id rather draft a young rb pair him with dion lewis then spend big money on tate

  • Tate would be a serviceable running back, most likely, in a system he already knows. But, why should we spend big FA money on a RB whose production could most likely be reproduced by a second or third rounder, or below? Instead of giving him $5m a year (or whatever it'd be) and drafting a 3rd round CB - because let's be honest, we're most likely looking offense with picks 1b and 2 - spend that money of decent CB, for example.

    @gftchris said:

    Tate would be a serviceable running back, most likely, in a system he already knows. But, why should we spend big FA money on a RB whose production could most likely be reproduced by a second or third rounder, or below? Instead of giving him $5m a year (or whatever it'd be) and drafting a 3rd round CB - because let's be honest, we're most likely looking offense with picks 1b and 2 - spend that money of decent CB, for example.

    At this point, I agree, I would rather get an RB out of the draft.....maybe a couple with out 10 picks.

  • @gftchris said:

    Tate would be a serviceable running back, most likely, in a system he already knows. But, why should we spend big FA money on a RB whose production could most likely be reproduced by a second or third rounder, or below? Instead of giving him $5m a year (or whatever it'd be) and drafting a 3rd round CB - because let's be honest, we're most likely looking offense with picks 1b and 2 - spend that money of decent CB, for example.

    At this point, I agree, I would rather get an RB out of the draft.....maybe a couple with out 10 picks.

    @the-gipper said:

    At this point, I agree, I would rather get an RB out of the draft.....maybe a couple with out 10 picks.

    I totally agree. Why buy some used tread when we have plenty of draft picks to grab some fresh legs. Running backs don't need a lot of seasoning or coaching, Grab them when they are young (not 34 like Willis ... what a bad joke that was).

    Seems like a lot of good running backs coming out early in this draft, grab a bruiser to go with Lewis and Baker/Oby.

    Zombo

  • Somebody has updated Wikipedia on the coaching staff:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns

    Which seems to line up with the official site:

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches.html

    Already more vacancies than I thought there would be at this point.

    @tml1138 said:

    Somebody has updated Wikipedia on the coaching staff:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns

    Which seems to line up with the official site:

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches.html

    Already more vacancies than I thought there would be at this point.

    The funny thing is the wikipedia entry for Mike Pettine had him listed as HC of the Browns before it was even announced.

  • NBC Sports just called the possibility of Kubiak coming to the Browns as the OC "unlikely".

  • NBC Sports just called the possibility of Kubiak coming to the Browns as the OC "unlikely".

    @spectralcow said:

    NBC Sports just called the possibility of Kubiak coming to the Browns as the OC "unlikely".

    Then that should mean its a done deal, right?

  • Tate would be a serviceable running back, most likely, in a system he already knows. But, why should we spend big FA money on a RB whose production could most likely be reproduced by a second or third rounder, or below? Instead of giving him $5m a year (or whatever it'd be) and drafting a 3rd round CB - because let's be honest, we're most likely looking offense with picks 1b and 2 - spend that money of decent CB, for example.

    @gftchris said:

    But, why should we spend big FA money on a RB whose production could most likely be reproduced by a second or third rounder, or below?

    Because he's a proven back at the NFL level and we can afford him?

    Ice Dawg19 said:

    Wade Phillips as - DC

    Wade is strictly a 3-4 guy... He's not exactly a "taylor-your-Defense-to-your-personel" kind of guy.

    Pettine is going to bring one of his staffers from the Bills to be a DC...

    You read it here first...

  • tate, schmate.

    grab some laundry guy in the 5th round. he'll be the next curtis martin.

  • Based on Fosters injury history I would not be surprised at all to see the Texans keep Tate. Having said that he didnt have a season last year that will drive his value as high as he would like on the market.

  • I read where Pettine wants an ex HC on his staff. With Kubiak apparently out of the mix it will be interesting to watch. Other than that, I wouldn't be surprised to see mostly younger guys. We'll see.

    Mike.

  • Will not be Jim Schwartz....he has replaced Pettine in Buffalo

  • can anyone say dick jauron?

  • To be honest, I'm hoping for all young, new coaches and coordinators. Let's frickin' build something special with some new innovative coaches that only need a shot. I saw enough of former head coach Norv Turner's offense last year to last me a lifetime............ I'm in hook, line and sinker.

  • Steve Spagnuolo?

  • How about me? I'll be the offensive coordinator (give me a call pettine).

  • I heard yesterday that the Browns were interested in Kubiak but McShea says it ain't gonna happen and Grossi agrees. We shall see...

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    At this point, I agree, I would rather get an RB out of the draft.....maybe a couple with out 10 picks.

    I totally agree. Why buy some used tread when we have plenty of draft picks to grab some fresh legs. Running backs don't need a lot of seasoning or coaching, Grab them when they are young (not 34 like Willis ... what a bad joke that was).

    Seems like a lot of good running backs coming out early in this draft, grab a bruiser to go with Lewis and Baker/Oby.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I totally agree. Why buy some used tread when we have plenty of draft picks to grab some fresh legs. Running backs don't need a lot of seasoning or coaching, Grab them when they are young (not 34 like Willis ... what a bad joke that was).

    Seems like a lot of good running backs coming out early in this draft, grab a bruiser to go with Lewis and Baker/Oby.

    Zombo

    Tate is barely even broken in. I wouldn't be upset with the move, but there are plenty of exciting mid-round backs in this draft. Hyde, Seastrunk, Storm Johnson, and Andre Williams can be had in the third or later

  • I would not invest in a big named free agent RB. You can snatch up two guys in the middle rounds to platoon.

  • #Bills have til Mon to decide if they’ll allow DC candidate Jim O’Neil to take CLE job. If not, Ravens LB coach Don Martindale is a target

  • why not take wvu running back simms in the 2nd round? he was bout the only good player we had this yr. I just want my browns to be like they were in the late 80's once a browns fan always a browns fan.hope seahawks win because I still can't stand bucktooth elway