Skip to content

FA's worth a look?

The Browns Board
64 23 2.2k
  • GoBrowns 0G GoBrowns 0 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Ideally, I want Eric Decker. Tall, 6'3'' physically strong, 215 pounds and can actually catch a ball unlike Little. He had nearly 1,300 yards this year with 11 TDs with similar stats in 2012. Decker and Gordon would be a deadly duo.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    RB - Toby Gerhardt to complement Dion Lewis and a draft pick

    WR- James Jones ( I like Decker but I think his price will be too high)

    OG - Osamuah or Swartz

    OLB - Brian Orapko

    ILB -Donald Butler

    DB - Alterraun Verner (if that is a strikeout I say Captain Munnerlyn)

    S - Jarius Byrd comes to play with Pettine

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Why wouldn't we be aiming for Decker?

    Screw this "price too high, he won't come here" bullshit. You put the best players you can on the field. Throw him a large contract, fuck it.

    We're going to have to overpay for any FA, might as well target the best available.

  • R Represent wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Decker, Orapko, Byrd.

    Push to keep Ward and Mack

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I'm definitely a Decker fan. Not sure Denver will keep him because he'll probably demand a high price, but I'd definitely throw him an offer.

  • RB - Toby Gerhardt to complement Dion Lewis and a draft pick

    WR- James Jones ( I like Decker but I think his price will be too high)

    OG - Osamuah or Swartz

    OLB - Brian Orapko

    ILB -Donald Butler

    DB - Alterraun Verner (if that is a strikeout I say Captain Munnerlyn)

    S - Jarius Byrd comes to play with Pettine

    7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @jcam222 said:

    RB - Toby Gerhardt to complement Dion Lewis and a draft pick

    WR- James Jones ( I like Decker but I think his price will be too high)

    OG - Osamuah or Swartz

    OLB - Brian Orapko

    ILB -Donald Butler

    DB - Alterraun Verner (if that is a strikeout I say Captain Munnerlyn)

    S - Jarius Byrd comes to play with Pettine

    Pass on James Jones.At 30 is an older version of Greg Little, many drops in his career.

  • Why wouldn't we be aiming for Decker?

    Screw this "price too high, he won't come here" bullshit. You put the best players you can on the field. Throw him a large contract, fuck it.

    We're going to have to overpay for any FA, might as well target the best available.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why wouldn't we be aiming for Decker?

    Screw this "price too high, he won't come here" bullshit. You put the best players you can on the field. Throw him a large contract, fuck it.

    We're going to have to overpay for any FA, might as well target the best available.

    I dont think Decker is that great, and he will command an inflated contract due to his numbers with Manning. There are plenty of options out there for #2 reciever.
  • @jcam222 said:

    RB - Toby Gerhardt to complement Dion Lewis and a draft pick

    WR- James Jones ( I like Decker but I think his price will be too high)

    OG - Osamuah or Swartz

    OLB - Brian Orapko

    ILB -Donald Butler

    DB - Alterraun Verner (if that is a strikeout I say Captain Munnerlyn)

    S - Jarius Byrd comes to play with Pettine

    Pass on James Jones.At 30 is an older version of Greg Little, many drops in his career.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @7moses7 said:

    Pass on James Jones.At 30 is an older version of Greg Little, many drops in his career.

    I am not suggesting James Jones is a number one but comparing his drop issues to Greg Little is absurd. He has had issues with drops from time to time but overall he is vastly superior to Little and a good big redzone target.I certainly would still draft a top talent WR or even still chase Decker.

    I like Decker and wouldnt mind paying to get him, I just wonder what a Manningless Decker produces.

  • Why wouldn't we be aiming for Decker?

    Screw this "price too high, he won't come here" bullshit. You put the best players you can on the field. Throw him a large contract, fuck it.

    We're going to have to overpay for any FA, might as well target the best available.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why wouldn't we be aiming for Decker?

    Screw this "price too high, he won't come here" bullshit. You put the best players you can on the field. Throw him a large contract, fuck it.

    We're going to have to overpay for any FA, might as well target the best available.

    I agree. In almost all cases, FA sign where the money is and not the location. Plus, what's overpaying? I don't think you overpay if the guy you get comes in and gets it done.

  • Why wouldn't we be aiming for Decker?

    Screw this "price too high, he won't come here" bullshit. You put the best players you can on the field. Throw him a large contract, fuck it.

    We're going to have to overpay for any FA, might as well target the best available.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why wouldn't we be aiming for Decker?

    Screw this "price too high, he won't come here" bullshit. You put the best players you can on the field. Throw him a large contract, fuck it.

    We're going to have to overpay for any FA, might as well target the best available.

    No shit, can the Browns go after the BEST FA at least at one position this year
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why wouldn't we be aiming for Decker?

    Screw this "price too high, he won't come here" bullshit. You put the best players you can on the field. Throw him a large contract, fuck it.

    We're going to have to overpay for any FA, might as well target the best available.

    No shit, can the Browns go after the BEST FA at least at one position this year
    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @comeonman said:

    No shit, can the Browns go after the BEST FA at least at one position this year

    I would prefer G, CB or safety. Pettine should bring Byrd with him...
  • @comeonman said:

    No shit, can the Browns go after the BEST FA at least at one position this year

    I would prefer G, CB or safety. Pettine should bring Byrd with him...
    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
    #16

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I would prefer G, CB or safety. Pettine should bring Byrd with him...

    Pettine was there for one season. Byrd has been there since 09. He made it to two Pro Bowls without Pettine.

    It's not like Byrd is a Pettine guy or something.

    That would be like Tennessee fans saying "Horton should bring Joe Haden with him"

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I would prefer G, CB or safety. Pettine should bring Byrd with him...

    Pettine was there for one season. Byrd has been there since 09. He made it to two Pro Bowls without Pettine.

    It's not like Byrd is a Pettine guy or something.

    That would be like Tennessee fans saying "Horton should bring Joe Haden with him"

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Pettine was there for one season. Byrd has been there since 09. He made it to two Pro Bowls without Pettine.

    It's not like Byrd is a Pettine guy or something.

    That would be like Tennessee fans saying "Horton should bring Joe Haden with him"

    Except Haden isnt a free agent...he can take Chris Owens with him...
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Pettine was there for one season. Byrd has been there since 09. He made it to two Pro Bowls without Pettine.

    It's not like Byrd is a Pettine guy or something.

    That would be like Tennessee fans saying "Horton should bring Joe Haden with him"

    Except Haden isnt a free agent...he can take Chris Owens with him...
    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #18

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Except Haden isnt a free agent...he can take Chris Owens with him...

    Okay, TJ Ward. Better?

    Point is, Byrd is about as loyal to Pettine as Haslam is to coaches.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I know what youre saying, I wasnt really saying they were loyal to each other, just that I would like to have him. If we get Byrd, Ten can have Ward though.

  • @7moses7 said:

    Pass on James Jones.At 30 is an older version of Greg Little, many drops in his career.

    I am not suggesting James Jones is a number one but comparing his drop issues to Greg Little is absurd. He has had issues with drops from time to time but overall he is vastly superior to Little and a good big redzone target.I certainly would still draft a top talent WR or even still chase Decker.

    I like Decker and wouldnt mind paying to get him, I just wonder what a Manningless Decker produces.

    7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @jcam222 said:

    I am not suggesting James Jones is a number one but comparing his drop issues to Greg Little is absurd. He has had issues with drops from time to time but overall he is vastly superior to Little and a good big redzone target.I certainly would still draft a top talent WR or even still chase Decker.

    I like Decker and wouldnt mind paying to get him, I just wonder what a Manningless Decker produces.

    Drops are drops comparing Jones to Little isn't absurd.To bring in a 30 year old receiver is absurd when your able to bring in younger guys who can hang on to the ball.

  • GoBrowns 0G GoBrowns 0 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Im confused as to why some people are worried about money. We have so much cap space, from my understanding its hovering around 24 mil. If anyone can provide a large contract its us. Decker is worth the money. I want a proven wr that is strong and tall. Also, we need to take the pressure off of Gordon.

  • Im confused as to why some people are worried about money. We have so much cap space, from my understanding its hovering around 24 mil. If anyone can provide a large contract its us. Decker is worth the money. I want a proven wr that is strong and tall. Also, we need to take the pressure off of Gordon.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @gobrowns-0 said:

    Im confused as to why some people are worried about money. We have so much cap space, from my understanding its hovering around 24 mil. If anyone can provide a large contract its us. Decker is worth the money. I want a proven wr that is strong and tall. Also, we need to take the pressure off of Gordon.

    Decker looks pretty good with Manning tossin him the rock, doesnt he? Id rather have a quick shifty reciever to go beside Gordon myself. A Randall Cobb type. I think we should throw money at DBs or OLine help. Plenty of recievers available for cheaper, or in the draft that would improve our #2 reciever.
  • Im confused as to why some people are worried about money. We have so much cap space, from my understanding its hovering around 24 mil. If anyone can provide a large contract its us. Decker is worth the money. I want a proven wr that is strong and tall. Also, we need to take the pressure off of Gordon.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #23

    @gobrowns-0 said:

    Im confused as to why some people are worried about money. We have so much cap space, from my understanding its hovering around 24 mil. If anyone can provide a large contract its us. Decker is worth the money. I want a proven wr that is strong and tall. Also, we need to take the pressure off of Gordon.

    Money is kinda a concern because we'll need to resign ward/mack and have Cameron/Haden next year.

    We definitely should consider going after a big name FA though, but it will require overpaying.

  • GoBrowns 0G GoBrowns 0 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    " Decker looks pretty good with Manning tossin him the rock, doesnt he? Id rather have a quick shifty reciever to go beside Gordon myself. A Randall Cobb type. I think we should throw money at DBs or OLine help. Plenty of recievers available for cheaper, or in the draft that would improve our #2 reciever."

    Yes, he does look great! Though, I believe his numbers aren't inflated and he is a true talent. Who do you want in the draft that meets your wr qualifications: watkins, evans, robinson?