Hoyer trade rumor
-
http://draftbreakdown.com/video/teddy-bridgewater-vs-florida-2012-bowl/
for those doubting Bridgewater's ability against quality competition.
http://draftbreakdown.com/video/teddy-bridgewater-vs-florida-2012-bowl/
for those doubting Bridgewater's ability against quality competition.
anyone who watches that video and still wants Manziel over Bridgewater is nuts.
-
I didn't see anything overwhelming in the video, so call me nuts!
-
It is impressive because Dan Quinn was the D-coordinator for Florida at the time. Same guy who coached the Seattle defense.
Bridgewater has had Joe Shit and Bob Whothefuckisthatguy at wideout but still continues to put up good numbers.
However, I think if Bridgewater is off the table then Manziel is no slouch.
-
I didn't see anything overwhelming in the video, so call me nuts!
I didn't see anything overwhelming in the video, so call me nuts!
Well apparently your definition of overwhelming is pretty stringent. I saw a 20 year old kid who kept his eyes downfield under pressure, got through his progressions quickly and placed the ball accurately where only his receivers could make the catch (only interception off a tipped pass). How many times did you hear the announcers say "Bridgewater right on target again!" He overthrew the ball a few times and took some sacks, but he was playing against an SEC team with the 5th ranked defense on a big stage. Most importantly, however, was that he not only beat a team that no one expected him to beat, but he beat them big (up 33-10 midway through the 4th). Teddy completed 60% of his passes even with a couple dropped passes that hit the receiver's hands.
After the game Teddy was quoted as saying "I looked at what did and didn't work for quarterbacks during the regular season," said Bridgewater, picked as the game's top player. "They faced guys forcing throws ... and coach tells me, `No capes on your back or 'S' on your chest, take what the defense give you.' That's what I took. Film study was vital."
Sounds like a guy I want on my team...
-
After the game Teddy was quoted as saying "I looked at what did and didn't work for quarterbacks during the regular season," said Bridgewater, picked as the game's top player. "They faced guys forcing throws ... and coach tells me, `No capes on your back or 'S' on your chest, take what the defense give you.' That's what I took. Film study was vital." Rolls
*********************************************************
Bridgewater has a beautiful touch on the ball. Manziel can do that. And both can throw accurately rolling
out to the left...both are very athletic.
But Bridgewater plays a pro style offense, and from the snap, keeps his eyes downfield, instead of on
the defense/scrambling around like Manziel. And Bridgewater was playing with an offensive line that
was completely overrun, and receivers that don't even rate with manziel's terrific receivers. Bridgewater
behind Hoyer for a while? Beautiful setup, and I wouldn't fear Bridgewater could be a bust.
His awareness, intelligence, and *work ethic" makes him a solid bet. But trading Hoyer to trade up is
taking a big step backwards to take a big step forewards.
-
After the game Teddy was quoted as saying "I looked at what did and didn't work for quarterbacks during the regular season," said Bridgewater, picked as the game's top player. "They faced guys forcing throws ... and coach tells me, `No capes on your back or 'S' on your chest, take what the defense give you.' That's what I took. Film study was vital." Rolls
*********************************************************
Bridgewater has a beautiful touch on the ball. Manziel can do that. And both can throw accurately rolling
out to the left...both are very athletic.
But Bridgewater plays a pro style offense, and from the snap, keeps his eyes downfield, instead of on
the defense/scrambling around like Manziel. And Bridgewater was playing with an offensive line that
was completely overrun, and receivers that don't even rate with manziel's terrific receivers. Bridgewater
behind Hoyer for a while? Beautiful setup, and I wouldn't fear Bridgewater could be a bust.
His awareness, intelligence, and *work ethic" makes him a solid bet. But trading Hoyer to trade up is
taking a big step backwards to take a big step forewards.
After the game Teddy was quoted as saying "I looked at what did and didn't work for quarterbacks during the regular season," said Bridgewater, picked as the game's top player. "They faced guys forcing throws ... and coach tells me, `No capes on your back or 'S' on your chest, take what the defense give you.' That's what I took. Film study was vital." Rolls
*********************************************************
Bridgewater has a beautiful touch on the ball. Manziel can do that. And both can throw accurately rolling
out to the left...both are very athletic.
But Bridgewater plays a pro style offense, and from the snap, keeps his eyes downfield, instead of on
the defense/scrambling around like Manziel. And Bridgewater was playing with an offensive line that
was completely overrun, and receivers that don't even rate with manziel's terrific receivers. Bridgewater
behind Hoyer for a while? Beautiful setup, and I wouldn't fear Bridgewater could be a bust.
His awareness, intelligence, and *work ethic" makes him a solid bet. But trading Hoyer to trade up is
taking a big step backwards to take a big step forewards.
Obviously Keeping Hoyer would be the best option, but I believe that Bridgewater is ready for the NFL. Even if they landed Bridgewater and kept Hoyer, I would expect Bridgewater to win the QB competition and be named the starter.
I like Hoyer as a mentor and reliable veteran backup, but if he wins the QB competition then by all means roll him out there for the season opener.
-
Although I am not a Browns fan, I do listen to WKNR radio during the mornings and afternoons(Rizzo & Goldhammer) when my favorite Baltimore sports radio show ends. I listen because I do enjoy their entertainment and insight. With that said, I do like to follow all things NFL, and especially the AFC North Division since I am a Ravens fan.Lately, I have been hearing rumblings about the Browns potentially trading Hoyer and picks to move up to 1st pick in the draft to select Johnny Manziel. With that said, I would like to make two things known. Number 1, I don't really think Manziel is that great of a quarterback...and with that, I don't think he is the right quarterback for the Cleveland Browns or the AFC North black and blue division. Number 2, since when was Brian Hoyer worth a hoot? I mean he has a 2 game resume (which includes beating the freaking Vikings). Why would anyone think the Texans would make that trade (saying Hoyer is their quarterback of the future?) I know the whole Bill O'Brien connection, but that's more smoke than fire.I wanted everyone's opinion on Manziel, the Browns and Hoyer because I just can't see how anyone who is a smart football person would sit here and say "Browns don't need to necessarily draft a QB in the 1st round, as they have Hoyer)...c'mon man! And with that said, why on earth would the Texans want a guy with no resume? He's Matt Flynn...and hows that worked out?I know most of you will be like "F this guy, hes a Ravens fan", but honestly, I would like to see the Browns competitive and relevant. I understand your sorrows as I am an Orioles fan and we deal with very similar issues and concerns.Look forward to hearing from everyone, later.
Ravens5220 said:
Although I am not a Browns fan, I do listen to WKNR radio during the mornings and afternoons(Rizzo & Goldhammer) when my favorite Baltimore sports radio show ends. I listen because I do enjoy their entertainment and insight. With that said, I do like to follow all things NFL, and especially the AFC North Division since I am a Ravens fan.Lately, I have been hearing rumblings about the Browns potentially trading Hoyer and picks to move up to 1st pick in the draft to select Johnny Manziel. With that said, I would like to make two things known. Number 1, I don't really think Manziel is that great of a quarterback...and with that, I don't think he is the right quarterback for the Cleveland Browns or the AFC North black and blue division. Number 2, since when was Brian Hoyer worth a hoot? I mean he has a 2 game resume (which includes beating the freaking Vikings). Why would anyone think the Texans would make that trade (saying Hoyer is their quarterback of the future?) I know the whole Bill O'Brien connection, but that's more smoke than fire.I wanted everyone's opinion on Manziel, the Browns and Hoyer because I just can't see how anyone who is a smart football person would sit here and say "Browns don't need to necessarily draft a QB in the 1st round, as they have Hoyer)...c'mon man! And with that said, why on earth would the Texans want a guy with no resume? He's Matt Flynn...and hows that worked out?I know most of you will be like "F this guy, hes a Ravens fan", but honestly, I would like to see the Browns competitive and relevant. I understand your sorrows as I am an Orioles fan and we deal with very similar issues and concerns.Look forward to hearing from everyone, later.I like this guy...leave him be
-
It is impressive because Dan Quinn was the D-coordinator for Florida at the time. Same guy who coached the Seattle defense.
Bridgewater has had Joe Shit and Bob Whothefuckisthatguy at wideout but still continues to put up good numbers.
However, I think if Bridgewater is off the table then Manziel is no slouch.
How did Bilgewater put up those numbers if he has such terrible receivers?It is impressive because Dan Quinn was the D-coordinator for Florida at the time. Same guy who coached the Seattle defense.
Bridgewater has had Joe Shit and Bob Whothefuckisthatguy at wideout but still continues to put up good numbers.
However, I think if Bridgewater is off the table then Manziel is no slouch.
Also if the Texans really believe Johnny Manziel is the guy to take them to the Superbowl why would they trade that pick?
Answer: because it's a smoke screen more than likely. If you can get two first round picks and a decent starter, possibly, and you only have to move three spots? You're still probably able to take the highest rated quarterback in the draft or 1 of 2 can't miss players. Sounds like a no brainer for me if I'm the Texans GM. Let's hope Ray Farmer has earned his respect here for something other than not being Mike Lombardi.
WSS
-
How did Bilgewater put up those numbers if he has such terrible receivers?It is impressive because Dan Quinn was the D-coordinator for Florida at the time. Same guy who coached the Seattle defense.
Bridgewater has had Joe Shit and Bob Whothefuckisthatguy at wideout but still continues to put up good numbers.
However, I think if Bridgewater is off the table then Manziel is no slouch.
Also if the Texans really believe Johnny Manziel is the guy to take them to the Superbowl why would they trade that pick?
Answer: because it's a smoke screen more than likely. If you can get two first round picks and a decent starter, possibly, and you only have to move three spots? You're still probably able to take the highest rated quarterback in the draft or 1 of 2 can't miss players. Sounds like a no brainer for me if I'm the Texans GM. Let's hope Ray Farmer has earned his respect here for something other than not being Mike Lombardi.
WSS
How did Bilgewater put up those numbers if he has such terrible receivers?
Bridgewater's receivers aren't terrible, but it certainly isn't an all star squad; he has to deal with a lot of drops. But, like any good qb, he makes the best of what he has by knowing where to go with the ball, throwing players open and hitting receivers in stride
-
He can always add some weight. He has a decent size frame to do so.1. Bridgewater and Bortles play in the same conference
2.Watch the '13 Sugar Bowl between Lousiville and the Florida Gators. Bridgewater shit all over them, and that was when Florida was ranked 3rd in the nation due to their "world class sec defense". Louisville was ranked 21 at the time and NO ONE thought they'd win.
The fact of the matter is that Teddy's OC handed him the keys to Lousiville's pro-style offense and he did nothing but make good reads, go through progressions and get the ball out quickly. I don't care if he's a little skinny, he can run a pro style offense and he has the brain power to be successful.
I like teddy the most in this draft of QBs. Very smart player. He has most of the qualities you'd want in a day 1 rookie starter. Over some of the other prospects who may take a little longer to develop.
I don't think he'll get past the Jags though if Houston passes on him. But ya never know.
I'd be happier with him or Bortles than manziel, if we take a QB at 4.
-
Actually the knock on him is that he does not have the frame size to add weight. He is tall, but he is not "thick".
Reportedly at one point during the 2013 season his weight dropped into the mid-180's.
Having skeletar at QB could be fun

I think with the right trainer he could gain a bit.
I'd hate to imagine a 180 pound bridgewater getting slammed on the blindside by a guy like Burfict.
-
Actually the knock on him is that he does not have the frame size to add weight. He is tall, but he is not "thick".
Reportedly at one point during the 2013 season his weight dropped into the mid-180's.
Having skeletar at QB could be fun

I think with the right trainer he could gain a bit.
I'd hate to imagine a 180 pound bridgewater getting slammed on the blindside by a guy like Burfict.
-
How did Bilgewater put up those numbers if he has such terrible receivers?It is impressive because Dan Quinn was the D-coordinator for Florida at the time. Same guy who coached the Seattle defense.
Bridgewater has had Joe Shit and Bob Whothefuckisthatguy at wideout but still continues to put up good numbers.
However, I think if Bridgewater is off the table then Manziel is no slouch.
Also if the Texans really believe Johnny Manziel is the guy to take them to the Superbowl why would they trade that pick?
Answer: because it's a smoke screen more than likely. If you can get two first round picks and a decent starter, possibly, and you only have to move three spots? You're still probably able to take the highest rated quarterback in the draft or 1 of 2 can't miss players. Sounds like a no brainer for me if I'm the Texans GM. Let's hope Ray Farmer has earned his respect here for something other than not being Mike Lombardi.
WSS
How did Bilgewater put up those numbers if he has such terrible receivers?
WSS
Because good QB play can make average to 'meh' receivers look much better especially at the college level.
-
How did Bilgewater put up those numbers if he has such terrible receivers?
WSS
Because good QB play can make average to 'meh' receivers look much better especially at the college level.
Because good QB play can make average to 'meh' receivers look much better especially at the college level.
Yeah? Maybe. So why did Gordon do so well and Greg Little did not? Anyway I think your statement works for any team.
Even the Aggies.
WSS
-
Peyton manning earning Eric decker what will likely be an overpaid contract?
-
Because good QB play can make average to 'meh' receivers look much better especially at the college level.
Yeah? Maybe. So why did Gordon do so well and Greg Little did not? Anyway I think your statement works for any team.
Even the Aggies.
WSS
Yeah? Maybe. So why did Gordon do so well and Greg Little did not? Anyway I think your statement works for any team.
Even the Aggies.
WSS
I would theorize that Gordon would have likely had an even bigger year if he had a better QB and Greg Little would likely still be bad.
-
But again Greg Little is not a fan of catching the ball.
-
Because good QB play can make average to 'meh' receivers look much better especially at the college level.
Yeah? Maybe. So why did Gordon do so well and Greg Little did not? Anyway I think your statement works for any team.
Even the Aggies.
WSS
Yeah? Maybe. So why did Gordon do so well and Greg Little did not? Anyway I think your statement works for any team.
Even the Aggies.
WSS
IMO Mike Evans is overrated and benefited from having Manziel on the team, but Evans is still far better than anyone on the Louisville squad.
There are those of us who have been patient with Little, but it's starting to look like he will never have the hands needed to be a reliable receiver. For this reason, I'm kind of worried about a guy like Kelvin Benjamin with his dropped pass problem.
-
One of doze guys is gonna be startin' for someone else next season.
I say keep Hoyer coz you know what you got with him.
Johnny Scramble of unknown quality on an NFL level.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login