Skip to content

Hoyer trade rumor

  • Although I am not a Browns fan, I do listen to WKNR radio during the mornings and afternoons(Rizzo & Goldhammer) when my favorite Baltimore sports radio show ends. I listen because I do enjoy their entertainment and insight. With that said, I do like to follow all things NFL, and especially the AFC North Division since I am a Ravens fan.


    Lately, I have been hearing rumblings about the Browns potentially trading Hoyer and picks to move up to 1st pick in the draft to select Johnny Manziel. With that said, I would like to make two things known. Number 1, I don't really think Manziel is that great of a quarterback...and with that, I don't think he is the right quarterback for the Cleveland Browns or the AFC North black and blue division. Number 2, since when was Brian Hoyer worth a hoot? I mean he has a 2 game resume (which includes beating the freaking Vikings). Why would anyone think the Texans would make that trade (saying Hoyer is their quarterback of the future?) I know the whole Bill O'Brien connection, but that's more smoke than fire.


    I wanted everyone's opinion on Manziel, the Browns and Hoyer because I just can't see how anyone who is a smart football person would sit here and say "Browns don't need to necessarily draft a QB in the 1st round, as they have Hoyer)...c'mon man! And with that said, why on earth would the Texans want a guy with no resume? He's Matt Flynn...and hows that worked out?


    I know most of you will be like "F this guy, hes a Ravens fan", but honestly, I would like to see the Browns competitive and relevant. I understand your sorrows as I am an Orioles fan and we deal with very similar issues and concerns.


    Look forward to hearing from everyone, later.

    Ravens5220 said:

    Lately, I have been hearing rumblings about the Browns potentially trading Hoyer and picks to move up to 1st pick in the draft to select Johnny Manziel. With that said, I would like to make two things known. Number 1, I don't really think Manziel is that great of a quarterback...and with that, I don't think he is the right quarterback for the Cleveland Browns or the AFC North black and blue division. Number 2, since when was Brian Hoyer worth a hoot? I mean he has a 2 game resume (which includes beating the freaking Vikings). Why would anyone think the Texans would make that trade (saying Hoyer is their quarterback of the future?) I know the whole Bill O'Brien connection, but that's more smoke than fire.

    I wanted everyone's opinion on Manziel, the Browns and Hoyer because I just can't see how anyone who is a smart football person would sit here and say "Browns don't need to necessarily draft a QB in the 1st round, as they have Hoyer)...c'mon man! And with that said, why on earth would the Texans want a guy with no resume? He's Matt Flynn...and hows that worked out?

    i'm sure you'll be hearing a lot more rumors before may rolls around. i agree with you on one of your points. i believe manziel is not made up to be an AFCN caliber QB. that being said i was a mccoy fan (hated the pick, but given the alternative...............yeah). he was a weak armed version of russell wilson. now saying that, manziel does have a stronger arm BUT his reckless abandon would have guys like suggs salivating from his big assed lips.

    the real question here is do we stay pat @4 and pick a QB or do we go defense? silly question? not really. you just said in another post that we are 'shady' in areas of our defense. now hiring a defensive minded HC and a guy in Farmer who might pull some weight in this draft, who played LB in the NFL i could see them keeping both picks in the first round. the real question is do we pick QB @4 or do we trade down a spot or 2 and land a defensive giant and get more picks that we can garner into a high #1 next year?

    my concern is that even though we 'beat the vikings' hoyer hasn't proven himself one way or the other. but how do you know what you got in a guy until you field him and let him play? putting all our chips on the table for a twig or a fidget i don't get. i do believe bortles will be there @4, if not that means take the DE and change your scheme accordingly. pick up that vaunted CB or SS with the second first. then how does our defense look to you? if hoyer sucks, then play the season to find out who we have and suck it for hundley or marriotta next year just like the colts layed down for luck.

  • Ravens5220 said:

    Lately, I have been hearing rumblings about the Browns potentially trading Hoyer and picks to move up to 1st pick in the draft to select Johnny Manziel. With that said, I would like to make two things known. Number 1, I don't really think Manziel is that great of a quarterback...and with that, I don't think he is the right quarterback for the Cleveland Browns or the AFC North black and blue division. Number 2, since when was Brian Hoyer worth a hoot? I mean he has a 2 game resume (which includes beating the freaking Vikings). Why would anyone think the Texans would make that trade (saying Hoyer is their quarterback of the future?) I know the whole Bill O'Brien connection, but that's more smoke than fire.

    I wanted everyone's opinion on Manziel, the Browns and Hoyer because I just can't see how anyone who is a smart football person would sit here and say "Browns don't need to necessarily draft a QB in the 1st round, as they have Hoyer)...c'mon man! And with that said, why on earth would the Texans want a guy with no resume? He's Matt Flynn...and hows that worked out?

    i'm sure you'll be hearing a lot more rumors before may rolls around. i agree with you on one of your points. i believe manziel is not made up to be an AFCN caliber QB. that being said i was a mccoy fan (hated the pick, but given the alternative...............yeah). he was a weak armed version of russell wilson. now saying that, manziel does have a stronger arm BUT his reckless abandon would have guys like suggs salivating from his big assed lips.

    the real question here is do we stay pat @4 and pick a QB or do we go defense? silly question? not really. you just said in another post that we are 'shady' in areas of our defense. now hiring a defensive minded HC and a guy in Farmer who might pull some weight in this draft, who played LB in the NFL i could see them keeping both picks in the first round. the real question is do we pick QB @4 or do we trade down a spot or 2 and land a defensive giant and get more picks that we can garner into a high #1 next year?

    my concern is that even though we 'beat the vikings' hoyer hasn't proven himself one way or the other. but how do you know what you got in a guy until you field him and let him play? putting all our chips on the table for a twig or a fidget i don't get. i do believe bortles will be there @4, if not that means take the DE and change your scheme accordingly. pick up that vaunted CB or SS with the second first. then how does our defense look to you? if hoyer sucks, then play the season to find out who we have and suck it for hundley or marriotta next year just like the colts layed down for luck.

    @miktoxic said:

    my concern is that even though we 'beat the vikings' hoyer hasn't proven himself one way or the other. but how do you know what you got in a guy until you field him and let him play? putting all our chips on the table for a twig or a fidget i don't get. i do believe bortles will be there @4, if not that means take the DE and change your scheme accordingly. pick up that vaunted CB or SS with the second first. then how does our defense look to you? if hoyer sucks, then play the season to find out who we have and suck it for hundley or marriotta next year just like the colts layed down for luck.

    While I believe that the Browns will and should take a QB at four (or higher) this year, I'm not totally opposed to this route either. I've been waiting since '99 for a competent QB, what's one more year, right?

  • @the-gipper said:

    What part of the Baltimore area are you from? (I ask because my nephew lives in Baltimore)

    Awesome, great city. I live in the Canton/Fells Point area. Where is your nephew located?

    Ravens5220 said:

    Awesome, great city. I live in the Canton/Fells Point area. Where is your nephew located?

    Somewhere near John Hopkins.

    Actually, my question was a test to determine whether or not you are a FRAK. You have passed, so welcome.

    On the respective rosters, yes, I think a 22 man comparison will be in order at some point.

    But, to quote Aragon: "This is not that day". Why? Because of impending Free Agency, because of the draft, because of a whole lot of things.

    See these threads:

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26331&hl=%2Bposition+%2Brankings+%2Bafcn

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26038&hl=%2Bposition+%2Brankings+%2Bafcn

  • @miktoxic said:

    my concern is that even though we 'beat the vikings' hoyer hasn't proven himself one way or the other. but how do you know what you got in a guy until you field him and let him play? putting all our chips on the table for a twig or a fidget i don't get. i do believe bortles will be there @4, if not that means take the DE and change your scheme accordingly. pick up that vaunted CB or SS with the second first. then how does our defense look to you? if hoyer sucks, then play the season to find out who we have and suck it for hundley or marriotta next year just like the colts layed down for luck.

    While I believe that the Browns will and should take a QB at four (or higher) this year, I'm not totally opposed to this route either. I've been waiting since '99 for a competent QB, what's one more year, right?

    @roycerolls said:

    While I believe that the Browns will and should take a QB at four (or higher) this year, I'm not totally opposed to this route either. I've been waiting since '99 for a competent QB, what's one more year, right?

    when you say it like that it DOES suck that we haven't seen or sniffed a guy that could get the job done.

    until we fix the right side of the line and get a competent running game i don't believe any rookie or vet will take us to the playoffs.

    i just like the idea of finishing off one side of the ball where all the coaches are confident with the players (let's say on D since we are closer there than on O) then concentrate on the other side of the ball. i'm not saying we pass on a WR or RB or T if they are there when we pick but i think we are seriously only a couple of guys away from finishing and moving up to be an elite defense. of course i don't want to see the FO do something stupid and reach for a guy way above his ranking either.

    too bad krueger doesn't have the speed to cover, because that would make the clowney pick even more sensible. sheard and clowney and mingo. yikes!

  • @roycerolls said:

    While I believe that the Browns will and should take a QB at four (or higher) this year, I'm not totally opposed to this route either. I've been waiting since '99 for a competent QB, what's one more year, right?

    when you say it like that it DOES suck that we haven't seen or sniffed a guy that could get the job done.

    until we fix the right side of the line and get a competent running game i don't believe any rookie or vet will take us to the playoffs.

    i just like the idea of finishing off one side of the ball where all the coaches are confident with the players (let's say on D since we are closer there than on O) then concentrate on the other side of the ball. i'm not saying we pass on a WR or RB or T if they are there when we pick but i think we are seriously only a couple of guys away from finishing and moving up to be an elite defense. of course i don't want to see the FO do something stupid and reach for a guy way above his ranking either.

    too bad krueger doesn't have the speed to cover, because that would make the clowney pick even more sensible. sheard and clowney and mingo. yikes!

    @miktoxic said:

    too bad krueger doesn't have the speed to cover, because that would make the clowney pick even more sensible. sheard and clowney and mingo. yikes!

    I'd certainly be disappointed if Clowney was there @ #4 and we passed on him. I don't think he will be though.

    At #4 I think you take the biggest difference maker available. IMO right now that is Clowney/Watkins.

    We already have a "competent" QB called Brian Hoyer. If we draft one at #4 he better be "very highly competent" 😉

  • @roycerolls said:

    While I believe that the Browns will and should take a QB at four (or higher) this year, I'm not totally opposed to this route either. I've been waiting since '99 for a competent QB, what's one more year, right?

    when you say it like that it DOES suck that we haven't seen or sniffed a guy that could get the job done.

    until we fix the right side of the line and get a competent running game i don't believe any rookie or vet will take us to the playoffs.

    i just like the idea of finishing off one side of the ball where all the coaches are confident with the players (let's say on D since we are closer there than on O) then concentrate on the other side of the ball. i'm not saying we pass on a WR or RB or T if they are there when we pick but i think we are seriously only a couple of guys away from finishing and moving up to be an elite defense. of course i don't want to see the FO do something stupid and reach for a guy way above his ranking either.

    too bad krueger doesn't have the speed to cover, because that would make the clowney pick even more sensible. sheard and clowney and mingo. yikes!

    @miktoxic said:

    when you say it like that it DOES suck that we haven't seen or sniffed a guy that could get the job done.

    until we fix the right side of the line and get a competent running game i don't believe any rookie or vet will take us to the playoffs.

    i just like the idea of finishing off one side of the ball where all the coaches are confident with the players (let's say on D since we are closer there than on O) then concentrate on the other side of the ball. i'm not saying we pass on a WR or RB or T if they are there when we pick but i think we are seriously only a couple of guys away from finishing and moving up to be an elite defense. of course i don't want to see the FO do something stupid and reach for a guy way above his ranking either.

    too bad krueger doesn't have the speed to cover, because that would make the clowney pick even more sensible. sheard and clowney and mingo. yikes!

    I'm all for an elite defense, but if we find a QB who can extend drives the Browns D (even with zero personnel changes) will play much better than it did last year. I have a similar stance to the O-line issue, any O-line will look bad with Weeden holding the ball for 5 seconds before throwing it at the ILB's nutsack.

    And you're 100% correct that we need upgrades on the O-line and in the running game, as well as in the defensive backfield and lb corps. Fortunately, all of these upgrades can be made in rounds 2-7 or free agency. When it comes to finding a franchise QB your options are early 1st round or getting lucky.

    edit: normally there aren't a whole lot of franchise QBs on the FA Market, but if the Texans do let Schaub go, bring him to Cleveland!!! Schaub had a lot of success under Shanahan before, why not now, why not here?

  • @roycerolls said:

    While I believe that the Browns will and should take a QB at four (or higher) this year, I'm not totally opposed to this route either. I've been waiting since '99 for a competent QB, what's one more year, right?

    when you say it like that it DOES suck that we haven't seen or sniffed a guy that could get the job done.

    until we fix the right side of the line and get a competent running game i don't believe any rookie or vet will take us to the playoffs.

    i just like the idea of finishing off one side of the ball where all the coaches are confident with the players (let's say on D since we are closer there than on O) then concentrate on the other side of the ball. i'm not saying we pass on a WR or RB or T if they are there when we pick but i think we are seriously only a couple of guys away from finishing and moving up to be an elite defense. of course i don't want to see the FO do something stupid and reach for a guy way above his ranking either.

    too bad krueger doesn't have the speed to cover, because that would make the clowney pick even more sensible. sheard and clowney and mingo. yikes!

    @miktoxic said:

    when you say it like that it DOES suck that we haven't seen or sniffed a guy that could get the job done.

    until we fix the right side of the line and get a competent running game i don't believe any rookie or vet will take us to the playoffs.

    i just like the idea of finishing off one side of the ball where all the coaches are confident with the players (let's say on D since we are closer there than on O) then concentrate on the other side of the ball. i'm not saying we pass on a WR or RB or T if they are there when we pick but i think we are seriously only a couple of guys away from finishing and moving up to be an elite defense. of course i don't want to see the FO do something stupid and reach for a guy way above his ranking either.

    too bad krueger doesn't have the speed to cover, because that would make the clowney pick even more sensible. sheard and clowney and mingo. yikes!

    I think you're head's in the right spot, as far as "finishing" off the defense, but no matter how many great players we have on defense they have no chance without an efficient offense. We do need to improve the running game somehow, but seriously the position we've been missing for 14 years now is QB. There are 3 potential starting QBs (maybe even 4) in this draft. How can we justify passing them all up?? I get the fact that you don't want to trade up, but we have to do something about that position... there really is no way around it...

  • Although I am not a Browns fan, I do listen to WKNR radio during the mornings and afternoons(Rizzo & Goldhammer) when my favorite Baltimore sports radio show ends. I listen because I do enjoy their entertainment and insight. With that said, I do like to follow all things NFL, and especially the AFC North Division since I am a Ravens fan.


    Lately, I have been hearing rumblings about the Browns potentially trading Hoyer and picks to move up to 1st pick in the draft to select Johnny Manziel. With that said, I would like to make two things known. Number 1, I don't really think Manziel is that great of a quarterback...and with that, I don't think he is the right quarterback for the Cleveland Browns or the AFC North black and blue division. Number 2, since when was Brian Hoyer worth a hoot? I mean he has a 2 game resume (which includes beating the freaking Vikings). Why would anyone think the Texans would make that trade (saying Hoyer is their quarterback of the future?) I know the whole Bill O'Brien connection, but that's more smoke than fire.


    I wanted everyone's opinion on Manziel, the Browns and Hoyer because I just can't see how anyone who is a smart football person would sit here and say "Browns don't need to necessarily draft a QB in the 1st round, as they have Hoyer)...c'mon man! And with that said, why on earth would the Texans want a guy with no resume? He's Matt Flynn...and hows that worked out?


    I know most of you will be like "F this guy, hes a Ravens fan", but honestly, I would like to see the Browns competitive and relevant. I understand your sorrows as I am an Orioles fan and we deal with very similar issues and concerns.


    Look forward to hearing from everyone, later.

    Ravens5220 said:

    Although I am not a Browns fan...

    I stopped reading right there.

    Will someone let me know if I miss anything of merit?

  • @miktoxic said:

    when you say it like that it DOES suck that we haven't seen or sniffed a guy that could get the job done.

    until we fix the right side of the line and get a competent running game i don't believe any rookie or vet will take us to the playoffs.

    i just like the idea of finishing off one side of the ball where all the coaches are confident with the players (let's say on D since we are closer there than on O) then concentrate on the other side of the ball. i'm not saying we pass on a WR or RB or T if they are there when we pick but i think we are seriously only a couple of guys away from finishing and moving up to be an elite defense. of course i don't want to see the FO do something stupid and reach for a guy way above his ranking either.

    too bad krueger doesn't have the speed to cover, because that would make the clowney pick even more sensible. sheard and clowney and mingo. yikes!

    I think you're head's in the right spot, as far as "finishing" off the defense, but no matter how many great players we have on defense they have no chance without an efficient offense. We do need to improve the running game somehow, but seriously the position we've been missing for 14 years now is QB. There are 3 potential starting QBs (maybe even 4) in this draft. How can we justify passing them all up?? I get the fact that you don't want to trade up, but we have to do something about that position... there really is no way around it...

    @thenew23 said:

    There are 3 potential starting QBs (maybe even 4) in this draft. How can we justify passing them all up?? I get the fact that you don't want to trade up, but we have to do something about that position... there really is no way around it...

    key word: potential. the only one i can see playing in the AFCN is bortles. then you've got your carrs and your fales. do we judge a QB because of the comp. they played? if so bridgewater shouldn't even be in the discussion. there's plenty of great QBs who've played shitty opponents. hell take weeden for example........................everyone was sooooo high on the ginger!

  • @thenew23 said:

    There are 3 potential starting QBs (maybe even 4) in this draft. How can we justify passing them all up?? I get the fact that you don't want to trade up, but we have to do something about that position... there really is no way around it...

    key word: potential. the only one i can see playing in the AFCN is bortles. then you've got your carrs and your fales. do we judge a QB because of the comp. they played? if so bridgewater shouldn't even be in the discussion. there's plenty of great QBs who've played shitty opponents. hell take weeden for example........................everyone was sooooo high on the ginger!

    @miktoxic said:

    key word: potential. the only one i can see playing in the AFCN is bortles. then you've got your carrs and your fales. do we judge a QB because of the comp. they played? if so bridgewater shouldn't even be in the discussion. there's plenty of great QBs who've played shitty opponents. hell take weeden for example........................everyone was sooooo high on the ginger!

    1. Bridgewater and Bortles play in the same conference

    2.Watch the '13 Sugar Bowl between Lousiville and the Florida Gators. Bridgewater shit all over them, and that was when Florida was ranked 3rd in the nation due to their "world class sec defense". Louisville was ranked 21 at the time and NO ONE thought they'd win.

    The fact of the matter is that Teddy's OC handed him the keys to Lousiville's pro-style offense and he did nothing but make good reads, go through progressions and get the ball out quickly. I don't care if he's a little skinny, he can run a pro style offense and he has the brain power to be successful.

  • @miktoxic said:

    key word: potential. the only one i can see playing in the AFCN is bortles. then you've got your carrs and your fales. do we judge a QB because of the comp. they played? if so bridgewater shouldn't even be in the discussion. there's plenty of great QBs who've played shitty opponents. hell take weeden for example........................everyone was sooooo high on the ginger!

    1. Bridgewater and Bortles play in the same conference

    2.Watch the '13 Sugar Bowl between Lousiville and the Florida Gators. Bridgewater shit all over them, and that was when Florida was ranked 3rd in the nation due to their "world class sec defense". Louisville was ranked 21 at the time and NO ONE thought they'd win.

    The fact of the matter is that Teddy's OC handed him the keys to Lousiville's pro-style offense and he did nothing but make good reads, go through progressions and get the ball out quickly. I don't care if he's a little skinny, he can run a pro style offense and he has the brain power to be successful.

    @roycerolls said:

    I don't care if he's a little skinny, he can run a pro style offense and he has the brain power to be successful.

    yeah that's where we differ. when i mentioned bortles, i meant he was big enough to withstand the pounding he'll probably get. bridgewater might be smart but when you got a lineman driving your shoulder 10 yds deep into the ground what are you going to out-genious the hit?

    the competition reference was a joke (ref: my comment about weeden).

  • @miktoxic said:

    key word: potential. the only one i can see playing in the AFCN is bortles. then you've got your carrs and your fales. do we judge a QB because of the comp. they played? if so bridgewater shouldn't even be in the discussion. there's plenty of great QBs who've played shitty opponents. hell take weeden for example........................everyone was sooooo high on the ginger!

    1. Bridgewater and Bortles play in the same conference

    2.Watch the '13 Sugar Bowl between Lousiville and the Florida Gators. Bridgewater shit all over them, and that was when Florida was ranked 3rd in the nation due to their "world class sec defense". Louisville was ranked 21 at the time and NO ONE thought they'd win.

    The fact of the matter is that Teddy's OC handed him the keys to Lousiville's pro-style offense and he did nothing but make good reads, go through progressions and get the ball out quickly. I don't care if he's a little skinny, he can run a pro style offense and he has the brain power to be successful.

    @roycerolls said:

    1. Bridgewater and Bortles play in the same conference

    2.Watch the '13 Sugar Bowl between Lousiville and the Florida Gators. Bridgewater shit all over them, and that was when Florida was ranked 3rd in the nation due to their "world class sec defense". Louisville was ranked 21 at the time and NO ONE thought they'd win.

    The fact of the matter is that Teddy's OC handed him the keys to Lousiville's pro-style offense and he did nothing but make good reads, go through progressions and get the ball out quickly. I don't care if he's a little skinny, he can run a pro style offense and he has the brain power to be successful.

    He can always add some weight. He has a decent size frame to do so.

    I like teddy the most in this draft of QBs. Very smart player. He has most of the qualities you'd want in a day 1 rookie starter. Over some of the other prospects who may take a little longer to develop.

    I don't think he'll get past the Jags though if Houston passes on him. But ya never know.

    I'd be happier with him or Bortles than manziel, if we take a QB at 4.

  • @roycerolls said:

    1. Bridgewater and Bortles play in the same conference

    2.Watch the '13 Sugar Bowl between Lousiville and the Florida Gators. Bridgewater shit all over them, and that was when Florida was ranked 3rd in the nation due to their "world class sec defense". Louisville was ranked 21 at the time and NO ONE thought they'd win.

    The fact of the matter is that Teddy's OC handed him the keys to Lousiville's pro-style offense and he did nothing but make good reads, go through progressions and get the ball out quickly. I don't care if he's a little skinny, he can run a pro style offense and he has the brain power to be successful.

    He can always add some weight. He has a decent size frame to do so.

    I like teddy the most in this draft of QBs. Very smart player. He has most of the qualities you'd want in a day 1 rookie starter. Over some of the other prospects who may take a little longer to develop.

    I don't think he'll get past the Jags though if Houston passes on him. But ya never know.

    I'd be happier with him or Bortles than manziel, if we take a QB at 4.

    @bbedward said:

    He can always add some weight. He has a decent size frame to do so.

    I like teddy the most in this draft of QBs. Very smart player. He has most of the qualities you'd want in a day 1 rookie starter. Over some of the other prospects who may take a little longer to develop.

    I don't think he'll get past the Jags though if Houston passes on him. But ya never know.

    that's why I'd be fine if the Browns moved up to 1 overall to draft him. I know most on the board think of "trade up" as a four letter word, but there is a reason the FO stockpiled draft picks

  • @bbedward said:

    He can always add some weight. He has a decent size frame to do so.

    I like teddy the most in this draft of QBs. Very smart player. He has most of the qualities you'd want in a day 1 rookie starter. Over some of the other prospects who may take a little longer to develop.

    I don't think he'll get past the Jags though if Houston passes on him. But ya never know.

    that's why I'd be fine if the Browns moved up to 1 overall to draft him. I know most on the board think of "trade up" as a four letter word, but there is a reason the FO stockpiled draft picks

    @roycerolls said:

    that's why I'd be fine if the Browns moved up to 1 overall to draft him. I know most on the board think of "trade up" as a four letter word, but there is a reason the FO stockpiled draft picks

    You are right. There is a reason they stockpiled picks. I am hoping that reason was to fill a lot of holes instead of a couple.

  • @roycerolls said:

    that's why I'd be fine if the Browns moved up to 1 overall to draft him. I know most on the board think of "trade up" as a four letter word, but there is a reason the FO stockpiled draft picks

    You are right. There is a reason they stockpiled picks. I am hoping that reason was to fill a lot of holes instead of a couple.

    @jcam222 said:

    You are right. There is a reason they stockpiled picks. I am hoping that reason was to fill a lot of holes instead of a couple.

    They can fill a lot of holes with 7 or 8 picks, plus FA. 2 pro-bowlers in the secondary, 2 pro-bowl receivers, 2 pro-bowl O-linemen, pretty stout front seven..... The single biggest 'hole' is QB, and if addressing that glaring weakness and still being left with 7 or so picks to fill the other holes is stupid, then I guess I'm a true-blue mongoloid.

  • @thenew23 said:

    There are 3 potential starting QBs (maybe even 4) in this draft. How can we justify passing them all up?? I get the fact that you don't want to trade up, but we have to do something about that position... there really is no way around it...

    key word: potential. the only one i can see playing in the AFCN is bortles. then you've got your carrs and your fales. do we judge a QB because of the comp. they played? if so bridgewater shouldn't even be in the discussion. there's plenty of great QBs who've played shitty opponents. hell take weeden for example........................everyone was sooooo high on the ginger!

    @miktoxic said:

    key word: potential. the only one i can see playing in the AFCN is bortles. then you've got your carrs and your fales. do we judge a QB because of the comp. they played? if so bridgewater shouldn't even be in the discussion. there's plenty of great QBs who've played shitty opponents. hell take weeden for example........................everyone was sooooo high on the ginger!

    And Clowney is "potentially" a great pass-rusher. I don't know, but his 3 sacks and 41 total tackles last year aren't exactly awe-inspiring...

  • http://draftbreakdown.com/video/teddy-bridgewater-vs-florida-2012-bowl/

    for those doubting Bridgewater's ability against quality competition.

  • @roycerolls said:

    I don't care if he's a little skinny, he can run a pro style offense and he has the brain power to be successful.

    yeah that's where we differ. when i mentioned bortles, i meant he was big enough to withstand the pounding he'll probably get. bridgewater might be smart but when you got a lineman driving your shoulder 10 yds deep into the ground what are you going to out-genious the hit?

    the competition reference was a joke (ref: my comment about weeden).

    @miktoxic said:

    yeah that's where we differ. when i mentioned bortles, i meant he was big enough to withstand the pounding he'll probably get. bridgewater might be smart but when you got a lineman driving your shoulder 10 yds deep into the ground what are you going to out-genious the hit?

    the competition reference was a joke (ref: my comment about weeden).

    I'm not too concerned about it. Our O-line will look like a brick wall because they'll only need to block for a few seconds, and bridgewater has the mobility to get out of the pocket and find receivers when he needs to. Of course he'll take some hits (not even close to half as many as weeden) but he's a pretty tough kid and I'll take a slight frame over a slight mind/arm any day of the week.

  • @jcam222 said:

    You are right. There is a reason they stockpiled picks. I am hoping that reason was to fill a lot of holes instead of a couple.

    They can fill a lot of holes with 7 or 8 picks, plus FA. 2 pro-bowlers in the secondary, 2 pro-bowl receivers, 2 pro-bowl O-linemen, pretty stout front seven..... The single biggest 'hole' is QB, and if addressing that glaring weakness and still being left with 7 or so picks to fill the other holes is stupid, then I guess I'm a true-blue mongoloid.

    @roycerolls said:

    They can fill a lot of holes with 7 or 8 picks, plus FA. 2 pro-bowlers in the secondary, 2 pro-bowl receivers, 2 pro-bowl O-linemen, pretty stout front seven..... The single biggest 'hole' is QB, and if addressing that glaring weakness and still being left with 7 or so picks to fill the other holes is stupid, then I guess I'm a true-blue mongoloid.

    lol no man it just means you have an opinion and we all have a lot of those

  • The last mobile QB in this division was who? Kordell Stewart? How can we say it hasn't been, or cant be successful when it hasn't been tried (guys that weren't garbage picks or free agent pickups)? The NFC West is where Wilson plays. A revolution just may be happening before our very eyes that goes right along with the pussification of this league. QBs are protected like never before which is why these smaller guys can be successful. Like it or not.