Sleepers in 2014 NFL Draft
-
What an absolute perfect situation that would be. Gordon and Watkins on the outside with Abberderis in the slot. Jordan Cameron at TE. Carlos Hyde and Dion Lewis in the back field. U would find out if Hoyer could ever be the guy. If not then Mariota or Winston would be an excellent choice in 2015.
-
What an absolute perfect situation that would be. Gordon and Watkins on the outside with Abberderis in the slot. Jordan Cameron at TE. Carlos Hyde and Dion Lewis in the back field. U would find out if Hoyer could ever be the guy. If not then Mariota or Winston would be an excellent choice in 2015.
What an absolute perfect situation that would be. Gordon and Watkins on the outside with Abberderis in the slot. Jordan Cameron at TE. Carlos Hyde and Dion Lewis in the back field. U would find out if Hoyer could ever be the guy. If not then Mariota or Winston would be an excellent choice in 2015.
I'd be very cool with that. Take a guy like Carr/Murray/Garrapolo later. Sure up the interior line.
We still really need that #2 CB and some better LBs though.
-
Homer pick, sort of
Jeremy Gallon, as a slot WR in a later round. Had the 2nd most receiving yards in a game in FBS history this year plus the season record for Michigan. He also can return kicks and punts. He is more quick than fast though, so his 40 time will be interesting.
-
Homer pick, sort of
Jeremy Gallon, as a slot WR in a later round. Had the 2nd most receiving yards in a game in FBS history this year plus the season record for Michigan. He also can return kicks and punts. He is more quick than fast though, so his 40 time will be interesting.
Homer pick, sort of
Jeremy Gallon, as a slot WR in a later round. Had the 2nd most receiving yards in a game in FBS history this year plus the season record for Michigan. He also can return kicks and punts. He is more quick than fast though, so his 40 time will be interesting.
OK, you want Homer picks at WR....Corey "Philly" Brown
-
Or how about this: the Browns blew it on one Will Adams once upon a time, how about another: Will Adams WR, Western KY.
Considered a top 70 prospect:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=91043&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR
-
Homer pick, sort of
Jeremy Gallon, as a slot WR in a later round. Had the 2nd most receiving yards in a game in FBS history this year plus the season record for Michigan. He also can return kicks and punts. He is more quick than fast though, so his 40 time will be interesting.
gallon might not be a immediate impact but I can see him having a very good career for a team that won't give up on him.Homer pick, sort of
Jeremy Gallon, as a slot WR in a later round. Had the 2nd most receiving yards in a game in FBS history this year plus the season record for Michigan. He also can return kicks and punts. He is more quick than fast though, so his 40 time will be interesting.
-
Michael Lombardi .....
I hope he sleeps through all 3 days .....
-
It is a homer pick because I would love him on the Browns.
At the same time though I think he has real potential in the slot, and I know OSU fans that agree with me and think he could be a sleeper.
I think taking him late is less of a homer reach then taking Hyde in the 2nd
-
It is a homer pick because I would love him on the Browns.
At the same time though I think he has real potential in the slot, and I know OSU fans that agree with me and think he could be a sleeper.
I think taking him late is less of a homer reach then taking Hyde in the 2nd
now that I disagree with. If TBITCH was a #3 overall then Hyde is easily a 2nd rounder. Homer pick?? Yea probably but he is exactly what the Browns need to balance Dion Lewis. If the Browns ain't lookin at Hyde they ain't lookin for another rb.It is a homer pick because I would love him on the Browns.
At the same time though I think he has real potential in the slot, and I know OSU fans that agree with me and think he could be a sleeper.
I think taking him late is less of a homer reach then taking Hyde in the 2nd
-
Jared Abbrederis.
Jared Abbrederis.
I'm pretty big on Abbrederis as well as LaDamian Washington out of Mizzou. Washington is an even bigger sleeper currently projected as a sixth round pick for being raw, but he has the size and speed to be great.
-
Sleeper? Projected outside of top 3 or 4 at their position, and outside of the 1st round (by most), but have the makings of a pro bowler... I've watched a lot of college football this year, so here goes nothing...
I like Abbrederis too, but I also like...
Odell Beckham Jr. - WR - LSU - great hands, and playmaking ability... undervalued in my opinion
Stanley Jean-Baptiste - CB - Nebraska - great size, fits the mold of the bigger corner... had a good Senior Bowl
Marion Grice - RB - AZ St - watched him play twice this year, and I was impressed. Great receiver too
Spencer Long - G - Nebraska - All-Big Ten in 2011, missed almost all of 2013 with a torn ACL.. could be a steal
Shayne Skov - ILB - Stanford - great physical specimin. He fits the bill for any aggressive D with his speed...
Sleeper? Projected outside of top 3 or 4 at their position, and outside of the 1st round (by most), but have the makings of a pro bowler... I've watched a lot of college football this year, so here goes nothing...
I like Abbrederis too, but I also like...
Odell Beckham Jr. - WR - LSU - great hands, and playmaking ability... undervalued in my opinion
Stanley Jean-Baptiste - CB - Nebraska - great size, fits the mold of the bigger corner... had a good Senior Bowl
Marion Grice - RB - AZ St - watched him play twice this year, and I was impressed. Great receiver too
Spencer Long - G - Nebraska - All-Big Ten in 2011, missed almost all of 2013 with a torn ACL.. could be a steal
Shayne Skov - ILB - Stanford - great physical specimin. He fits the bill for any aggressive D with his speed...
nice list, I'm all in on Stanley Jean-Baptiste, bring him to Cleveland.
-
Oh, I wasn't even trying to do that. Tell you the truth, I didn't even notice.
Well in that case I withdraw my job offer...
I spotted Abberderis early in the OSU game and pretty much fell in love with him. Then he had a rough patch mid-season and I wondered about him, but he finished strong.
I know you think it's overkill, but I keep seeing a Gordon-Watkins-Abbederis WR Corps in my mind's eye... and I like it!
Sleeper definition should also include some weighting of positional value. For example you wouldn't call a kicker a sleeper just because he was seleced in round 7.
I really did not consider specialty positions (K, P) at all... so I guess that's a form of weighting.

Sleeper? Projected outside of top 3 or 4 at their position, and outside of the 1st round (by most), but have the makings of a pro bowler... I've watched a lot of college football this year, so here goes nothing...
Good working definition and good list...
To my eye Skov seems to be a step slower than Borland and is a bit lighter to boot. It will be interesting to see them both at the combine.
Well in that case I withdraw my job offer...
I spotted Abberderis early in the OSU game and pretty much fell in love with him. Then he had a rough patch mid-season and I wondered about him, but he finished strong.
I know you think it's overkill, but I keep seeing a Gordon-Watkins-Abbederis WR Corps in my mind's eye... and I like it!
I really did not consider specialty positions (K, P) at all... so I guess that's a form of weighting.

Good working definition and good list...
To my eye Skov seems to be a step slower than Borland and is a bit lighter to boot. It will be interesting to see them both at the combine.
I don't mind that reasoning. I just think that adding a handful of receivers is useless if there's no one to get them the ball.
-
now that I disagree with. If TBITCH was a #3 overall then Hyde is easily a 2nd rounder. Homer pick?? Yea probably but he is exactly what the Browns need to balance Dion Lewis. If the Browns ain't lookin at Hyde they ain't lookin for another rb.It is a homer pick because I would love him on the Browns.
At the same time though I think he has real potential in the slot, and I know OSU fans that agree with me and think he could be a sleeper.
I think taking him late is less of a homer reach then taking Hyde in the 2nd
now that I disagree with. If TBITCH was a #3 overall then Hyde is easily a 2nd rounder. Homer pick?? Yea probably but he is exactly what the Browns need to balance Dion Lewis. If the Browns ain't lookin at Hyde they ain't lookin for another rb.
Except Trent wasn't deserving of #3. No HB is in this class. They are way less important now when most teams have a committee. Unless you can find another AP
-
now that I disagree with. If TBITCH was a #3 overall then Hyde is easily a 2nd rounder. Homer pick?? Yea probably but he is exactly what the Browns need to balance Dion Lewis. If the Browns ain't lookin at Hyde they ain't lookin for another rb.
Except Trent wasn't deserving of #3. No HB is in this class. They are way less important now when most teams have a committee. Unless you can find another AP
Except Trent wasn't deserving of #3. No HB is in this class. They are way less important now when most teams have a committee. Unless you can find another AP
I don't care if you can find another AP, it's still not worth it.
The game has changed for the time being. No runningback is worth that.
-
now that I disagree with. If TBITCH was a #3 overall then Hyde is easily a 2nd rounder. Homer pick?? Yea probably but he is exactly what the Browns need to balance Dion Lewis. If the Browns ain't lookin at Hyde they ain't lookin for another rb.It is a homer pick because I would love him on the Browns.
At the same time though I think he has real potential in the slot, and I know OSU fans that agree with me and think he could be a sleeper.
I think taking him late is less of a homer reach then taking Hyde in the 2nd
now that I disagree with. If TBITCH was a #3 overall then Hyde is easily a 2nd rounder. Homer pick?? Yea probably but he is exactly what the Browns need to balance Dion Lewis. If the Browns ain't lookin at Hyde they ain't lookin for another rb.
Sure they will. I'm as big an OSU homer as anyone, but they'd be remiss if they didn't take a long look at Tre Mason.
-
Well in that case I withdraw my job offer...
I spotted Abberderis early in the OSU game and pretty much fell in love with him. Then he had a rough patch mid-season and I wondered about him, but he finished strong.
I know you think it's overkill, but I keep seeing a Gordon-Watkins-Abbederis WR Corps in my mind's eye... and I like it!
I really did not consider specialty positions (K, P) at all... so I guess that's a form of weighting.

Good working definition and good list...
To my eye Skov seems to be a step slower than Borland and is a bit lighter to boot. It will be interesting to see them both at the combine.
I don't mind that reasoning. I just think that adding a handful of receivers is useless if there's no one to get them the ball.
@mike-h said:
James White, RB, Wisconsin... Reminds me of Gio Bernard.
Borland, LB, been mentioned
Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice.
Three we agree upon...
The more I look at Gaines, the more I think he might be 2014's steal of steals...
I don't mind that reasoning. I just think that adding a handful of receivers is useless if there's no one to get them the ball.
I'm counting on Hoyer to do that and still looking for my mid/ late round 2014 QB.
-
@mike-h said:
James White, RB, Wisconsin... Reminds me of Gio Bernard.
Borland, LB, been mentioned
Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice.
Three we agree upon...
The more I look at Gaines, the more I think he might be 2014's steal of steals...
I don't mind that reasoning. I just think that adding a handful of receivers is useless if there's no one to get them the ball.
I'm counting on Hoyer to do that and still looking for my mid/ late round 2014 QB.
so am I. Can't go on without wondering. And if a 4th overall qb is on the team there will never be a fair chance for anyone else. Of course I could always sit on the fence and wait for a winner and say I was on board with that pick all along. Kinda a sissy thing to do.Three we agree upon...
The more I look at Gaines, the more I think he might be 2014's steal of steals...
I'm counting on Hoyer to do that and still looking for my mid/ late round 2014 QB.
-
@mike-h said:
Colt McCoy, Brady Quinn, Charlie Frye, etc, etc, etc... All guys who never got fair chances in Cleveland and went on to do nothing elsewhere.
Exactly. This extended time of trying to put crap in the QB spot has to end (not that Hoyer is complete crap, he's just been bounced around by other teams enough for me to have some questions). Can't we at least "try" to add a guy with 1st round talent (and don't give me the Weeden argument, he was considered a 2nd rounder at best and undraftable by some)
-
@mike-h said:
I think it's funny no one gave Hoyer a shot last summer--some to even make the roster--when they signed him. Two DECENT starts and people are talking like hes won a super bowl.
Exactly.
-
have yet to read those posts. And exactly what's wrong with people admitting to being POSSIBLY wrong about him. I was wrong about him also. I certainly wanted to see more of him in2013. Now I would like to see more of him with more talent around him, a coach that likes him, and a full prrseason in 2014. Problem is if they draft a qb certain douchbags will be like oooo u wanted Hoyer not this guy. Like I've said a lot easier and pathetic to sit on the fence and wait to see who wins first.@mike-h said:
I think it's funny no one gave Hoyer a shot last summer--some to even make the roster--when they signed him. Two DECENT starts and people are talking like hes won a super bowl.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login