Skip to content

UK NFL fans mock draft

The Browns Board
34 10 1.0k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Includes trades... interesting...

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Yeah, both our first rounders were given up to get to #1, not sure many on here would be pleased with that!

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I would probably puke harder than I did 25 years ago after 40 or 50 shots of tequila...

    WSS

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I'm leaning towards doing it now, it's a deep WR class, we can get one early second round. Two of the three teams ahead of us could easily take a QB, I think we have to go and get the one we want and both first rounders should be enough.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    There may be some merit to the proposition that the Browns should not take a QB with a high round pick this year .....because next year there may be 3-4 QBs better than anyone that is around this year. Winston and Mariota amongst them.

  • There may be some merit to the proposition that the Browns should not take a QB with a high round pick this year .....because next year there may be 3-4 QBs better than anyone that is around this year. Winston and Mariota amongst them.

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @the-gipper said:

    There may be some merit to the proposition that the Browns should not take a QB with a high round pick this year .....because next year there may be 3-4 QBs better than anyone that is around this year. Winston and Mariota amongst them.

    it seems that the better QB class is always next year, I remember people saying they didn't want to take weeden because they wanted to wait for Matt Barkley. I like Hundley a lot and wish he would've come out, but none of us know how to rank the QBs now pre-combine, and we certainly don't know how next year's QB class will pan out.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #8

    But, Gipper, we are going to have to go 2 and 14 at least to get one of those guys.

    how badly would that suck?

    WSS

  • But, Gipper, we are going to have to go 2 and 14 at least to get one of those guys.

    how badly would that suck?

    WSS

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @westside-steve said:

    But, Gipper, we are going to have to go 2 and 14 at least to get one of those guys.

    how badly would that suck?

    WSS

    That too! I've been a proponent of waiting for the QB in years past, but this year I really believe that a good QB leads this team to the playoffs, especially after all the other concerns are addressed through FA and the draft. I'm tired of sitting through 4 and 5 win seasons, even 9 or 10 wins and missing the playoffs would be vastly better than watching loss after loss after loss.

    We've been patient, REALLY patient, but now it's time for some wins, if for no other reason than 50% more happy sundays/mondays next fall.

  • But, Gipper, we are going to have to go 2 and 14 at least to get one of those guys.

    how badly would that suck?

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #10

    @westside-steve said:

    But, Gipper, we are going to have to go 2 and 14 at least to get one of those guys.

    how badly would that suck?

    WSS

    Well, perhaps we willl see Lombardi roll about half of this years picks into picks for next year.....and then we will have plenty of ammunition to use to get who we want.

    That has been the Bill Belichick way....keep deferring picks to move up the following year.

    That is how the Ravens were able to land both Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis in the first round of the 1996 draft on picks assigned to them from the Browns. Because in the prior couple of years BB kept deferring and deferring.

  • I would probably puke harder than I did 25 years ago after 40 or 50 shots of tequila...

    WSS

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @westside-steve said:

    I would probably puke harder than I did 25 years ago after 40 or 50 shots of tequila...

    WSS

    Yea what he said!

  • I'm leaning towards doing it now, it's a deep WR class, we can get one early second round. Two of the three teams ahead of us could easily take a QB, I think we have to go and get the one we want and both first rounders should be enough.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @londonbrown said:

    I'm leaning towards doing it now, it's a deep WR class, we can get one early second round. Two of the three teams ahead of us could easily take a QB, I think we have to go and get the one we want and both first rounders should be enough.

    The question is though do you truly beyond the shadow of a doubt believe that one of them is worthy of a number one pick in the draft??

  • @londonbrown said:

    I'm leaning towards doing it now, it's a deep WR class, we can get one early second round. Two of the three teams ahead of us could easily take a QB, I think we have to go and get the one we want and both first rounders should be enough.

    The question is though do you truly beyond the shadow of a doubt believe that one of them is worthy of a number one pick in the draft??

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @jcam222 said:

    The question is though do you truly beyond the shadow of a doubt believe that one of them is worthy of a number one pick in the draft??

    No I don't but how many times can we pass on one? Like has been said for us to get one early next year we would have to suck again this year

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #14

    in American baseball you wait for your pitch. I do understand it's tempting to just swing away but...

    WSS

  • Yeah, both our first rounders were given up to get to #1, not sure many on here would be pleased with that!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @londonbrown said:

    Yeah, both our first rounders were given up to get to #1, not sure many on here would be pleased with that!

    It's a do or die strategy...

    @westside-steve said:

    in American baseball you wait for your pitch. I do understand it's tempting to just swing away but...

    WSS

    Nice...

    I wonder if there's an analogous adage in cricket?

  • Based on twitter there has been a mock running last few days, trades are possible and have been happening. Thought some might find it of interest.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsA8T0pIxsjJdGxOOTlpVGNDUEFGeWVMdTlyYjlySWc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @londonbrown said:

    Based on twitter there has been a mock running last few days, trades are possible and have been happening. Thought some might find it of interest.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsA8T0pIxsjJdGxOOTlpVGNDUEFGeWVMdTlyYjlySWc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

    It's hard to say right now if Bridgwater > Bortles and a pick at 26 (Benjamin/Beckham Jr). Bortles + a receiver in the 1st, gives you more options in the 2nd (Jackson OG, Shazier LB, Yankey OG, or any of the CBs) and so on...

    If we make the big trade, and this is how it ends up, I think I'd be disappointed...

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Halfway through the third round which and our fan has drafted as follows

    #4 and #26 Teddy Twatwater QB

    #35 Jordan Matthews WR

    #71 Chris Borland ILB

    Think I'd be happy with that from the first four picks.

  • Halfway through the third round which and our fan has drafted as follows

    #4 and #26 Teddy Twatwater QB

    #35 Jordan Matthews WR

    #71 Chris Borland ILB

    Think I'd be happy with that from the first four picks.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @londonbrown said:

    Halfway through the third round which and our fan has drafted as follows

    #4 and #26 Teddy Twatwater QB

    #35 Jordan Matthews WR

    #71 Chris Borland ILB

    Think I'd be happy with that from the first four picks.

    blech.

    no friggin way.

    do you see the size of farmer and pettine? do you think they're going to draft a midget of a twig to coach? GTFO. only one that has a chance is bortles and that's if he is there. and if it's a choice between bortles and clowney i'll betcha some warm beer that it's clowney they take unless they make a trade down to get someone they really like to garner ammo for next year. (if you didn't hear the news in merry ol england, our coach and GM are both defensive guys and our GM likes next years class of QBs better than this ones', which i totally agree with).

    trade down get a evans or robinson a LB or maybe carr if they think they can coach the kid up. done. 2 picks. and one for next year.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #19

    It's ok having a great defense like Seattle but Wilson and Lynch are still top quality players, we don't have that do we?

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I did hear the news in merry old England yes, what next, should I stick to soccer?

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #21

    how's lerner's team doing?

    i love europe, but warm beer?

    do they at least serve jaeger chilled?