Skip to content

Homo Things

Barber Shop Talk
115 31 6.1k
  • That also weirdly implies that you like to get all boned up in a room full of other dudes. Creepy, stripper involved or not.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    That also weirdly implies that you like to get all boned up in a room full of other dudes. Creepy, stripper involved or not.

    What is creepy is the weird path of logic you take to try to explain your defense of the situation being discussed. It is 100% normal for someone to have a hormonal and physical response to someone they find sexually attractive. This would be especially true in situations that are overtly sexual (strip clubs) or in close proximity to nudity. You can debate this all day with your bizarre nut job comparisons but you do not make sense. I would be far more worried about a guy that didn't sport a half chub at times in a strip club than one that did. All of these statements would also be true for a gay man in a gay strip club OR SHOWER ROOM full of naked men.

    I have no issues with the guy being openly gay. I simply agree that straight men should have the right to shower in a different area. Perhaps there are reasons you don't get excited in a room full of hot nude strippers.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    That also weirdly implies that you like to get all boned up in a room full of other dudes. Creepy, stripper involved or not.

    What is creepy is the weird path of logic you take to try to explain your defense of the situation being discussed. It is 100% normal for someone to have a hormonal and physical response to someone they find sexually attractive. This would be especially true in situations that are overtly sexual (strip clubs) or in close proximity to nudity. You can debate this all day with your bizarre nut job comparisons but you do not make sense. I would be far more worried about a guy that didn't sport a half chub at times in a strip club than one that did. All of these statements would also be true for a gay man in a gay strip club OR SHOWER ROOM full of naked men.

    I have no issues with the guy being openly gay. I simply agree that straight men should have the right to shower in a different area. Perhaps there are reasons you don't get excited in a room full of hot nude strippers.

    @jcam222 said:

    What is creepy is the weird path of logic you take to try to explain your defense of the situation being discussed. It is 100% normal for someone to have a hormonal and physical response to someone they find sexually attractive. This would be especially true in situations that are overtly sexual (strip clubs) or in close proximity to nudity. You can debate this all day with your bizarre nut job comparisons but you do not make sense. I would be far more worried about a guy that didn't sport a half chub at times in a strip club than one that did. All of these statements would also be true for a gay man in a gay strip club OR SHOWER ROOM full of naked men.

    I hope you didn't look into the DJ's eyes too long while you were worked up in a room full of bros. Maybe you are projecting on Sam.

  • @jcam222 said:

    What is creepy is the weird path of logic you take to try to explain your defense of the situation being discussed. It is 100% normal for someone to have a hormonal and physical response to someone they find sexually attractive. This would be especially true in situations that are overtly sexual (strip clubs) or in close proximity to nudity. You can debate this all day with your bizarre nut job comparisons but you do not make sense. I would be far more worried about a guy that didn't sport a half chub at times in a strip club than one that did. All of these statements would also be true for a gay man in a gay strip club OR SHOWER ROOM full of naked men.

    I hope you didn't look into the DJ's eyes too long while you were worked up in a room full of bros. Maybe you are projecting on Sam.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I hope you didn't look into the DJ's eyes too long while you were worked up in a room full of bros. Maybe you are projecting on Sam.

    I think its pretty obvious who's projecting here. lets just see what the overall feedback is Thanks for your trolling as well, added some fun to an uneventful day

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I hope you didn't look into the DJ's eyes too long while you were worked up in a room full of bros. Maybe you are projecting on Sam.

    I think its pretty obvious who's projecting here. lets just see what the overall feedback is Thanks for your trolling as well, added some fun to an uneventful day

    @jcam222 said:

    I think its pretty obvious who's projecting here. lets just see what the overall feedback is

    All being a shithead aside, I don't think that players need to worry about Sam showering with everyone else and getting worked up. The guy lived his whole life as a gay person. I am sure he knows how to control himself. Dudes would tend to get pretty fucking pissed off if they were in a situation with a fellow football player and the guy was gaying it up.

  • As long as no one drops the soap they should be fine........

  • @jcam222 said:

    I think its pretty obvious who's projecting here. lets just see what the overall feedback is

    All being a shithead aside, I don't think that players need to worry about Sam showering with everyone else and getting worked up. The guy lived his whole life as a gay person. I am sure he knows how to control himself. Dudes would tend to get pretty fucking pissed off if they were in a situation with a fellow football player and the guy was gaying it up.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    All being a shithead aside, I don't think that players need to worry about Sam showering with everyone else and getting worked up. The guy lived his whole life as a gay person. I am sure he knows how to control himself. Dudes would tend to get pretty fucking pissed off if they were in a situation with a fellow football player and the guy was gaying it up.

    Whether or not Sam gets excited isn't the issue. I 100% agree that he probably knows how to control himself. The issue is making your locker room a place where everyone can feel comfortable, and that means applying the rules that exist in every gym in the the United States, and that means taking the physical attraction quotient out of the locker room. They can all hang out together, whip each other with towels, whatever, but when it comes to showering and being naked, there needs to be a private space for those that want it.

  • As long as no one drops the soap they should be fine........

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    As long as no one drops the soap they should be fine........

    Well lets hope Sam doesn't become a patriot.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    All being a shithead aside, I don't think that players need to worry about Sam showering with everyone else and getting worked up. The guy lived his whole life as a gay person. I am sure he knows how to control himself. Dudes would tend to get pretty fucking pissed off if they were in a situation with a fellow football player and the guy was gaying it up.

    Whether or not Sam gets excited isn't the issue. I 100% agree that he probably knows how to control himself. The issue is making your locker room a place where everyone can feel comfortable, and that means applying the rules that exist in every gym in the the United States, and that means taking the physical attraction quotient out of the locker room. They can all hang out together, whip each other with towels, whatever, but when it comes to showering and being naked, there needs to be a private space for those that want it.

    @osiris said:

    Whether or not Sam gets excited isn't the issue. I 100% agree that he probably knows how to control himself. The issue is making your locker room a place where everyone can feel comfortable, and that means applying the rules that exist in every gym in the the United States, and that means taking the physical attraction quotient out of the locker room. They can all hang out together, whip each other with towels, whatever, but when it comes to showering and being naked, there needs to be a private space for those that want it.

    I work at a university and althought it's not a shower, there's been a large conversation about having unisex bathrooms.The general premise is that transgender men/women can use the facility. I'm currently getting my Master's in the field and I (partly) did some research on it for a paper. The problem with creating a 'private' space like that I guarantee it will be labeled as the shower for gay people. Although you couldn't legally tell Sam in this case to use it, the pressure to do so would be immense (as I saw in some studies). I get that it's not the same scenario but the general principle is the same.

    I don't disagree with what you're saying though, everyone should be comfortable in the work enviornment. I think the bottom line is that these guys make these statements in a type of blissful ignorance though as they've never had a situation of a gay teammate. When they realize a guy is just trying to take a shower gay or not it might change their perception of the whole thing. Just my two cents there.

  • @osiris said:

    Whether or not Sam gets excited isn't the issue. I 100% agree that he probably knows how to control himself. The issue is making your locker room a place where everyone can feel comfortable, and that means applying the rules that exist in every gym in the the United States, and that means taking the physical attraction quotient out of the locker room. They can all hang out together, whip each other with towels, whatever, but when it comes to showering and being naked, there needs to be a private space for those that want it.

    I work at a university and althought it's not a shower, there's been a large conversation about having unisex bathrooms.The general premise is that transgender men/women can use the facility. I'm currently getting my Master's in the field and I (partly) did some research on it for a paper. The problem with creating a 'private' space like that I guarantee it will be labeled as the shower for gay people. Although you couldn't legally tell Sam in this case to use it, the pressure to do so would be immense (as I saw in some studies). I get that it's not the same scenario but the general principle is the same.

    I don't disagree with what you're saying though, everyone should be comfortable in the work enviornment. I think the bottom line is that these guys make these statements in a type of blissful ignorance though as they've never had a situation of a gay teammate. When they realize a guy is just trying to take a shower gay or not it might change their perception of the whole thing. Just my two cents there.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I work at a university and althought it's not a shower, there's been a large conversation about having unisex bathrooms.The general premise is that transgender men/women can use the facility. I'm currently getting my Master's in the field and I (partly) did some research on it for a paper. The problem with creating a 'private' space like that I guarantee it will be labeled as the shower for gay people. Although you couldn't legally tell Sam in this case to use it, the pressure to do so would be immense (as I saw in some studies). I get that it's not the same scenario but the general principle is the same.

    I don't disagree with what you're saying though, everyone should be comfortable in the work enviornment. I think the bottom line is that these guys make these statements in a type of blissful ignorance though as they've never had a situation of a gay teammate. When they realize a guy is just trying to take a shower gay or not it might change their perception of the whole thing. Just my two cents there.

    I can see that this could be a problem, though bathrooms by their nature are private anyway, so I'm not sure if the comparison holds. The solution is for the coach and team leaders to simply make it clear that no one is to be pressured to use the private or public shower. In any case, pressuring a gay person to use the private shower doesn't solve the problem for anyone uncomfortable with being seen naked by a gay guy, because he'll come out of the private shower and into the locker room where men are walking around naked or otherwise anyway. That's why the solution is for the uncomfortable guy to use the private shower so he is in total control of who sees his body.

  • Im not someone who would haress someone just cause there gay but at same time i think a straight person shoul;dnt be forced to shower with a gay person, Lots are makeing him out as a HERO for openly saying hes gay im just wondering if its not about $$$$$$$$ to him.Being first draft prospect to openly admit hes gay will get him tv appearences such.

  • I wouldn't wanna shower with someone whos gay,would you?

    Vilma didn't say anything about a boner,he just said the guy is looking at me

    @jeffinwv said:

    I wouldn't wanna shower with someone whos gay,would you?

    Vilma didn't say anything about a boner,he just said the guy is looking at me

    If you're showering with men, you're already a little gay.

    I don't see the big deal. If a guy wants to think in hot, let him think I'm hot. If a guy wants to think im a douche, let him think I'm a douche.

    A persons thoughts about me have absolutely no influence over my life.

    It's only when thoughts become actions that a problem presents itself, and gay people are just as capable of controlling themselves as straight people. It's not like they instantly hop on and fuck the first dude butt that walks by.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    All being a shithead aside, I don't think that players need to worry about Sam showering with everyone else and getting worked up. The guy lived his whole life as a gay person. I am sure he knows how to control himself. Dudes would tend to get pretty fucking pissed off if they were in a situation with a fellow football player and the guy was gaying it up.

    Whether or not Sam gets excited isn't the issue. I 100% agree that he probably knows how to control himself. The issue is making your locker room a place where everyone can feel comfortable, and that means applying the rules that exist in every gym in the the United States, and that means taking the physical attraction quotient out of the locker room. They can all hang out together, whip each other with towels, whatever, but when it comes to showering and being naked, there needs to be a private space for those that want it.

    @osiris said:

    Whether or not Sam gets excited isn't the issue. I 100% agree that he probably knows how to control himself. The issue is making your locker room a place where everyone can feel comfortable, and that means applying the rules that exist in every gym in the the United States, and that means taking the physical attraction quotient out of the locker room. They can all hang out together, whip each other with towels, whatever, but when it comes to showering and being naked, there needs to be a private space for those that want it.

    So, just so a couple close minded individuals don't get the willies, one person gets segregated from the rest?

  • Every human being as an inalienable right to determine who and who does not see them naked. We should respect Sam's rights as a human being and his desire to play professional football, but we must also respect the right of players who for religious or other concerns do not want a gay man to see them naked. Just as we shouldn't belittle or discriminate against people for being gay, we shouldn't belittle or discriminate against someone who is uncomfortable being naked around gays. We should find a way to accommodate both parties involved. It is the PROFESSIONAL football league and that's the professional thing to do.

    The answer to this issue is a practical one, not a political one. Equip locker rooms with private shower and adjoining dressing rooms for anyone who wants privacy when showering or getting dressed. Anyone who doesn't care can use the team shower room. It really isn't that complicated, there are plenty of gyms with private and public showers already.

    @osiris said:

    Every human being as an inalienable right to determine who and who does not see them naked. We should respect Sam's rights as a human being and his desire to play professional football, but we must also respect the right of players who for religious or other concerns do not want a gay man to see them naked. Just as we shouldn't belittle or discriminate against people for being gay, we shouldn't belittle or discriminate against someone who is uncomfortable being naked around gays. We should find a way to accommodate both parties involved. It is the PROFESSIONAL football league and that's the professional thing to do.

    The answer to this issue is a practical one, not a political one. Equip locker rooms with private shower and adjoining dressing rooms for anyone who wants privacy when showering or getting dressed. Anyone who doesn't care can use the team shower room. It really isn't that complicated, there are plenty of gyms with private and public showers already.

    Do you really think that NFL teams are going to build up to 80-90 private shower stalls in both their stadiums and their training facilities?

    Maybe they could put in 10 or 12......and charge those players who want the use of the private shower stalls to make up for the cost.

    Just because you have an inalienable right doesn't mean you get to exercise it for free. Pay for a private shower if you want.

  • @osiris said:

    Whether or not Sam gets excited isn't the issue. I 100% agree that he probably knows how to control himself. The issue is making your locker room a place where everyone can feel comfortable, and that means applying the rules that exist in every gym in the the United States, and that means taking the physical attraction quotient out of the locker room. They can all hang out together, whip each other with towels, whatever, but when it comes to showering and being naked, there needs to be a private space for those that want it.

    So, just so a couple close minded individuals don't get the willies, one person gets segregated from the rest?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So, just so a couple close minded individuals don't get the willies, one person gets segregated from the rest?

    Ah yes, let's marginalize the people who want to be in control over who sees them naked by labeling them as close-minded. What is close-minded is not recognizing that their is a diversity of opinions and beliefs in this world, and as long as we can all agree to live and work together professionally, than we can agree that we can make the practical accommodations that would make everyone comfortable. If there is a guy on the team who says he won't play with gays and is TRULY homophobic (not the generalized definition that some people here apply to anyone who doesn't want to get naked in front of a gay man) then I agree, no accomodations should be made for him because private showers wouldnt make him happy anyway. But if there is a guy who has no problem playing and being on the same team as a gay player but just wants to be able to shower in private, he should be able to do so, and it would be a non-issue on the team.

    And no one would be forced to be segregated, it would be a personal choice. If you want the privacy, use the private shower, if you don't care, use the public one. There are plenty of locker rooms at gyms all over the country that already have this arrangement.

    @the-gipper said:

    Do you really think that NFL teams are going to build up to 80-90 private shower stalls in both their stadiums and their training facilities?

    Maybe they could put in 10 or 12......and charge those players who want the use of the private shower stalls to make up for the cost.

    Just because you have an inalienable right doesn't mean you get to exercise it for free. Pay for a private shower if you want.

    80-90? No, 5-10, yes. Let's not get hyperbolic. And do you really think the cost of building these showers is more than a drop in the bucket for these teams? Telling a player to pay for his private shower is telling them their concerns are not respected by the organization.

  • @osiris said:

    Every human being as an inalienable right to determine who and who does not see them naked. We should respect Sam's rights as a human being and his desire to play professional football, but we must also respect the right of players who for religious or other concerns do not want a gay man to see them naked. Just as we shouldn't belittle or discriminate against people for being gay, we shouldn't belittle or discriminate against someone who is uncomfortable being naked around gays. We should find a way to accommodate both parties involved. It is the PROFESSIONAL football league and that's the professional thing to do.

    The answer to this issue is a practical one, not a political one. Equip locker rooms with private shower and adjoining dressing rooms for anyone who wants privacy when showering or getting dressed. Anyone who doesn't care can use the team shower room. It really isn't that complicated, there are plenty of gyms with private and public showers already.

    Osiris this was very well put and I think summarizes how many of us feel very eloquently. nice job

    @jcam222 said:

    Osiris this was very well put and I think summarizes how many of us feel very eloquently. nice job

    anyone that uses the term 'very eloquently' is gay.

    get over it. jesus h christ it's 2014. do you still get pissed seeing a black man with a white woman?

    grow up queefs. if that gay guy saved your life i betcha your whole attitude would change wouldn't it?

    anyone that still goes to strip clubs are pervs and just stupid. but i guess when all there is to do where you're from is either tip cows or rape teenage girls, i guess the safe thing is to go see some rotten tooth cracked up whore wipe her nasty cunt in your pimply face.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Osiris this was very well put and I think summarizes how many of us feel very eloquently. nice job

    anyone that uses the term 'very eloquently' is gay.

    get over it. jesus h christ it's 2014. do you still get pissed seeing a black man with a white woman?

    grow up queefs. if that gay guy saved your life i betcha your whole attitude would change wouldn't it?

    anyone that still goes to strip clubs are pervs and just stupid. but i guess when all there is to do where you're from is either tip cows or rape teenage girls, i guess the safe thing is to go see some rotten tooth cracked up whore wipe her nasty cunt in your pimply face.

    @miktoxic said:

    anyone that uses the term 'very eloquently' is gay.

    get over it. jesus h christ it's 2014. do you still get pissed seeing a black man with a white woman?

    grow up queefs. if that gay guy saved your life i betcha your whole attitude would change wouldn't it?

    anyone that still goes to strip clubs are pervs and just stupid. but i guess when all there is to do where you're from is either tip cows or rape teenage girls, i guess the safe thing is to go see some rotten tooth cracked up whore wipe her nasty cunt in your pimply face.

    Mik you're a good guy but that's a stupid analogy. Somebody saving somebodies life doesn't entitle them to see that person naked, it entitles them to a very huge dose of gratitude. Doubly stupid on the black man/white woman thing. What two consenting adults do with each other is their own business and has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

  • thank you johnathan vilma

    he said about a homosexual player and Im paraphrasing

    Im getting dressed and showering and everything and hes beside me looking at me...what am I supposed to think? How am I supposed to feel?

    Congratulations Vilma for having courage to say what no one else will

    What grown straight man wants to shower with someone who is homosexual?

    I mean I don't hate anyone, I would treat him same as anyone else I interact with on a day to day basis, but I don't wanna be nakkid with them!

    I don't think its the actual playing with this guy, its the showering and the locker room that would be uncomfortable

    @jeffinwv said:

    What grown straight man wants to shower with someone who is homosexual?

    What do you think the odds are that you have never showered with a gay man?

    @nuckin-futz said:

    Gotta agree withe you jeff. I'm not homophobic, but I don't want to be walking around in the locker room and seeing a guy sportin a stiffy,

    Clearly you have no idea what homophobic means...

    Here's an example for you I found somewhere:

    "I don't want to be walking around in the locker room and seeing a guy sportin a stiffy."

  • LMAO

  • @jcam222 said:

    Osiris this was very well put and I think summarizes how many of us feel very eloquently. nice job

    anyone that uses the term 'very eloquently' is gay.

    get over it. jesus h christ it's 2014. do you still get pissed seeing a black man with a white woman?

    grow up queefs. if that gay guy saved your life i betcha your whole attitude would change wouldn't it?

    anyone that still goes to strip clubs are pervs and just stupid. but i guess when all there is to do where you're from is either tip cows or rape teenage girls, i guess the safe thing is to go see some rotten tooth cracked up whore wipe her nasty cunt in your pimply face.

    @miktoxic said:

    anyone that uses the term 'very eloquently' is gay.

    get over it. jesus h christ it's 2014. do you still get pissed seeing a black man with a white woman?

    grow up queefs. if that gay guy saved your life i betcha your whole attitude would change wouldn't it?

    anyone that still goes to strip clubs are pervs and just stupid. but i guess when all there is to do where you're from is either tip cows or rape teenage girls, i guess the safe thing is to go see some rotten tooth cracked up whore wipe her nasty cunt in your pimply face.

    When discussing your discourse with others would you prefer that we say that speak "very effluently"? 😕

  • @miktoxic said:

    anyone that uses the term 'very eloquently' is gay.

    get over it. jesus h christ it's 2014. do you still get pissed seeing a black man with a white woman?

    grow up queefs. if that gay guy saved your life i betcha your whole attitude would change wouldn't it?

    anyone that still goes to strip clubs are pervs and just stupid. but i guess when all there is to do where you're from is either tip cows or rape teenage girls, i guess the safe thing is to go see some rotten tooth cracked up whore wipe her nasty cunt in your pimply face.

    Mik you're a good guy but that's a stupid analogy. Somebody saving somebodies life doesn't entitle them to see that person naked, it entitles them to a very huge dose of gratitude. Doubly stupid on the black man/white woman thing. What two consenting adults do with each other is their own business and has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

    @osiris said:

    Mik you're a good guy but that's a stupid analogy. Somebody saving somebodies life doesn't entitle them to see that person naked, it entitles them to a very huge dose of gratitude. Doubly stupid on the black man/white woman thing. What two consenting adults do with each other is their own business and has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

    it's not a bad analogy. the people that are afraid are probably closet fags themselves. i don't care if it's against your religion either. it's still falls under the heading of racism. hell start an all christian league if you want and have tebow start on your team. just close-minded people.

    imaen what the big freakin deal do you think the guy NOW wants to shower with everyone else knowing that he'll be the 'butt' of jokes? if it turns out to be a problem believe me things get taken care of. what do you think the guy's going to ask to wash your back for you? aren't there sexual harassment laws in place?

    we had a room mate who didn't want to shower, because he was embarrassed. believe me, i'd rather have a gay guy staring at my balls than have a room mate that covered up his stench will some shoddy cologne. when he started getting 'irish spring' soap left on his pillow and still did nothing about it we just had to come out and say DUDE TAKE A FRICKIN SHOWER!!

    btw, i don't think it's mandatory to have to take a shower at any specific time after a work out or game. i mean wait until you go home to shower if you have a problem with it.

    brainiac dumb dumbs.