Skip to content

WR perfect compliment for Gordon

The Browns Board
37 22 1.7k
  • I like Watkins, Evans, or Beckham in the draft.

    In free agency I'd like to see us go after Edelman to fill the slot receiver role. I think it's a long shot, though.

  • I like Mike Evans better than Watkins. He's a bigger, stronger target, and the guy is incredibly aggressive on comeback routes. Gordon/Evans will be comparable to Marshall/Jeffrey.

    @vaportrail said:

    I like Mike Evans better than Watkins. He's a bigger, stronger target, and the guy is incredibly aggressive on comeback routes. Gordon/Evans will be comparable to Marshall/Jeffrey.

    the only advantage Evans has over Watkins is his height, when it comes to speed, route running and hands, Watkins is the man. Watkins isn't huge at 6'1" but he's still taller than plenty of successful WRs already in the league.

    If they target a WR with #26 then I hope it's either Robinson or Beckham. I'm not in on the Kelvin Benjamin love, big receivers are great as long as they have good hands, and there are a lot of scouts questioning Benjamin's ability to consistently catch the ball: I've seen enough drops, no thanks.

  • Draft:

    Watkins (if possible to get after a QB (not very likely) - trade up to get him if its not crazy

    Evans - big but slow and runs lazy routes - it is unlikely he will be there at #26 , but I wouldnt trade up to get him

    Beckham - run up to the podium at #26 - trade up 2-3 spots if you have to

    Bejerman - take him if at #26 - the only thing I do not like is that he droped a lot of balls

    Robinson - take him with 2nd round pick

    Josh Huff- 4-5 round , he is going to be a good slot WR - I watched a lot of oregon games last year and this guy reminds me of pierre garcon

    FA

    Maclin- if we can get him at a reasonable price, considering he is coming off of a ACL injury

  • @mike-h said:

    Allen Robinson at 26, Riley Cooper FA.

    Chandler Jones round 6 or 7

    Yes Robinson and Cooper.

    I'm thinking Coop is more affordable than Tate or Decker with as much upside.

    Z

  • Brandon Coleman out of Rutgers would be a nice late round pick up. 6'6 WR

  • as far as developmental WRs go, I'm a fan of L'damian Washington out of Mizzou. at 6'4" he has the size and straight line speed to wreak havoc across from Gordon. He is still raw and definitely needs to work on his route running, but he has the physical tools to be effective at the next level. A high ceiling guy who can play far beyond his 6-7th round draft slot if developed properly.

  • The best part is he most likely won't cost us either of our firsts or second round picks. We could probably get him very early in the third. I don't think we need another true number one opposite Gordon. We have Gordon, Benjamin and Cameron. We could get back Bess and Little as well, adding Landry would give us a nice group of WRs to target.

  • Jordan Matthews alltime leading receiver in the SEC. Nephew of Jerry Rice. Catches with his hands and not his body.

    Emanuel Sanders Pittsburgh slot receiver with speed take a piece from division rival.

  • Any of the giant wrs in this draft would be great

  • I agree with Moses. Jordan Matthews is who I think would be the best.

  • Jordan Matthews alltime leading receiver in the SEC. Nephew of Jerry Rice. Catches with his hands and not his body.

    Emanuel Sanders Pittsburgh slot receiver with speed take a piece from division rival.

    @7moses7 said:

    Jordan Matthews alltime leading receiver in the SEC. Nephew of Jerry Rice. Catches with his hands and not his body.

    Emanuel Sanders Pittsburgh slot receiver with speed take a piece from division rival.

    Didn't he have a pretty poor senior bowl, and people were talking about some drop issues with him... Catching with your hands is great, if you actually catch it.

  • Get Riley Cooper,

    Keep Josh Cooper

    Fire John Cooper

    Go see Alice Cooper

  • Is the perfect compliment for Josh Gordon in FA or the draft ?

    @darren15 said:

    Is the perfect compliment for Josh Gordon in FA or the draft ?

    Already on record that Watkins would be an awesome pairing, but as a purely complementary WR in the draft it would be hard to touch Abbrederis... a pure possession guy with a fabulous pair of hands...

    @cleinchi said:

    Evans - big but slow and runs lazy routes - it is unlikely he will be there at #26 , but I wouldnt trade up to get him

    Well hello fellow Evans doubter... I think the combine may be very revealing agility-wise. I'm not sure it's there. And agree that he was at least as disciplined a route-runner as JM was a pocket passer..

  • @darren15 said:

    Is the perfect compliment for Josh Gordon in FA or the draft ?

    Already on record that Watkins would be an awesome pairing, but as a purely complementary WR in the draft it would be hard to touch Abbrederis... a pure possession guy with a fabulous pair of hands...

    @cleinchi said:

    Evans - big but slow and runs lazy routes - it is unlikely he will be there at #26 , but I wouldnt trade up to get him

    Well hello fellow Evans doubter... I think the combine may be very revealing agility-wise. I'm not sure it's there. And agree that he was at least as disciplined a route-runner as JM was a pocket passer..

    @tour2ma said:

    Already on record that Watkins would be an awesome pairing, but as a purely complementary WR in the draft it would be hard to touch Abbrederis... a pure possession guy with a fabulous pair of hands...

    Well hello fellow Evans doubter... I think the combine may be very revealing agility-wise. I'm not sure it's there. And agree that he was at least as disciplined a route-runner as JM was a pocket passer..

    Im big on Abberderis. Im starting to warm up to Evans. If he runs a 4.55 or better, with his hands and ability to win the jump balls, he definitely has a place in a starting lineup. He runs the comeback routes perfect. Not sure where anyone's getting the lazy route runner impression. If you question his route running ability, you have to question Watkins (did Watkins run anything other than flies or screens?). Evans blocking ability is top notch also.
  • Bolden might be a free agent soon as reported on the NFL network.

  • Bolden might be a free agent soon as reported on the NFL network.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Bolden might be a free agent soon as reported on the NFL network.

    Not sure we are the kind of gig Boldin is looking for.

    Z

  • Ladennifer Jadaniston.

  • I don't know about the routes, but the way Evans runs is just awkward. I don't know how to explain it, but it just isn't very fluid at all. Not that it's a knock on is ability to play in the NFL, just strange.

  • I like Mike Evans but I think that he could be an absolute monster as a dual threat Tightend opposite Jordan Cameron.

    Imagine- Josh Gordon wide right, Landry split left, Evans and Cameron on either side of the line. Seastrunk lined up behind Hoyer... could be deadly.

  • Gallon in the slot...