Derek Carr
-
Not particularly thrilled with Carr at 4 either, but he won't be there at 26. I still think the Browns may do some wheeling and dealing in regards to the QB. Add another veteran and maybe grab a project QB later. Murray, Garoppolo, McCarron, Mettenberger etc.
Not particularly thrilled with Carr at 4 either, but he won't be there at 26. I still think the Browns may do some wheeling and dealing in regards to the QB. Add another veteran and maybe grab a project QB later. Murray, Garoppolo, McCarron, Mettenberger etc.
If we can't get Carr at 26, then I'm fine with Murray or Garoppolo in the proper round. Carr at 4, and I'm gonna need a new TV.
-
I don't recall a draft year where even the #1 pick is a multiple choice question of not only player, but position. I am going to really enjoy going to the Browns Draft Party & am prepared for some surprises. I am just SO glad that Banner & Lombardi are gone. At least this year, those surprises may make sense. I guess we should thank those two for trading a couple picks last year into this years draft where CAPABLE folks will make those picks.
Interesting draft to say the least...again, we'll see.
Mike
-
I don't recall a draft year where even the #1 pick is a multiple choice question of not only player, but position. I am going to really enjoy going to the Browns Draft Party & am prepared for some surprises. I am just SO glad that Banner & Lombardi are gone. At least this year, those surprises may make sense. I guess we should thank those two for trading a couple picks last year into this years draft where CAPABLE folks will make those picks.
Interesting draft to say the least...again, we'll see.
Mike
I don't recall a draft year where even the #1 pick is a multiple choice question of not only player, but position. I am going to really enjoy going to the Browns Draft Party & am prepared for some surprises. I am just SO glad that Banner & Lombardi are gone. At least this year, those surprises may make sense. I guess we should thank those two for trading a couple picks last year into this years draft where CAPABLE folks will make those picks.
Interesting draft to say the least...again, we'll see.
Mike
if i was there i'd join ya. i feel the same way about this FO.......EVEN BEFORE THE FRIGGIN DRAFT! usually i wait until then to form an opinion but these guys exude confidence and strength. i feel it'll have a trickle down affect on the players cuz it sure as hell gives me confidence.
every year i'm optimistic only to be disappointed. got a new vibe this year. can't explain it. maybe it's what they've done in the off-season, the way these guys talk and the amount of picks we have to do some real damage in this draft in 3 1/2 weeks.
-
^^^^ Agreed! This FO & coaching staff has already done more to impress me than all of the other regimes combined........... The only exception being the ass rape of Indy's 26th pick for a complete and total bust that will be out of the league by 2016.
^^^^ Agreed! This FO & coaching staff has already done more to impress me than all of the other regimes combined........... The only exception being the ass rape of Indy's 26th pick for a complete and total bust that will be out of the league by 2016.
saw an interview with pagano today on nfl network and expects big things from TR this year.
well if it isn't this year i say TR will be seen as one of a long list of top 5 busts.
-
i don't think any of these guys deserve first round rankings except bortles and manziel because of the 'it' factor. but if we draft carr in the 20s i got no problem with that nor should you. he's not a guy that you're going to start over hoyer unless he blows the lid off in TC and preseason.
picking a QB at 4 means he's starting day 1. are you comfortable with any of these guys doing that?
i sure as hell am not.
-
i don't think any of these guys deserve first round rankings except bortles and manziel because of the 'it' factor. but if we draft carr in the 20s i got no problem with that nor should you. he's not a guy that you're going to start over hoyer unless he blows the lid off in TC and preseason.
picking a QB at 4 means he's starting day 1. are you comfortable with any of these guys doing that?
i sure as hell am not.
i don't think any of these guys deserve first round rankings except bortles and manziel because of the 'it' factor. but if we draft carr in the 20s i got no problem with that nor should you. he's not a guy that you're going to start over hoyer unless he blows the lid off in TC and preseason.
picking a QB at 4 means he's starting day 1. are you comfortable with any of these guys doing that?
i sure as hell am not.
Hell no Tox.
WSS
-
i don't think any of these guys deserve first round rankings except bortles and manziel because of the 'it' factor. but if we draft carr in the 20s i got no problem with that nor should you. he's not a guy that you're going to start over hoyer unless he blows the lid off in TC and preseason.
picking a QB at 4 means he's starting day 1. are you comfortable with any of these guys doing that?
i sure as hell am not.
I agree I wouldnt want any starting day one unless they fully deserve it, but I disagree they'd be forced into that role with Hoyer on the roster.i don't think any of these guys deserve first round rankings except bortles and manziel because of the 'it' factor. but if we draft carr in the 20s i got no problem with that nor should you. he's not a guy that you're going to start over hoyer unless he blows the lid off in TC and preseason.
picking a QB at 4 means he's starting day 1. are you comfortable with any of these guys doing that?
i sure as hell am not.
-
I agree I wouldnt want any starting day one unless they fully deserve it, but I disagree they'd be forced into that role with Hoyer on the roster.i don't think any of these guys deserve first round rankings except bortles and manziel because of the 'it' factor. but if we draft carr in the 20s i got no problem with that nor should you. he's not a guy that you're going to start over hoyer unless he blows the lid off in TC and preseason.
picking a QB at 4 means he's starting day 1. are you comfortable with any of these guys doing that?
i sure as hell am not.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
but I disagree they'd be forced into that role with Hoyer on the roster.
see you are making a lot of people's argument for 'us' then. if it's gonna be a project guy (as in sit him for a couple of years etc.) why do you need to draft a QB at four? or even with our second pick? hell, why not wait until next year to get the guy we all know farmer wants anyway?
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
but I disagree they'd be forced into that role with Hoyer on the roster.
see you are making a lot of people's argument for 'us' then. if it's gonna be a project guy (as in sit him for a couple of years etc.) why do you need to draft a QB at four? or even with our second pick? hell, why not wait until next year to get the guy we all know farmer wants anyway?
There aren't many QBs ever drafted that are day one starters, if you expect to win. Hoyer is intriguing but you cant go into the season banking on him working out. We have a win now roster, and imo were in great position to add our QB of choice now. We'll find out how confident Farmer/Pettine is in Hoyer by how long they wait on a QB. You can never wait till next year for a QB. Way too many variables. He could blow out a knee, go before we pick, not come out, completely suck.....you just never know. I certainly hope that were not in a position to get a top QB next year.....do you?see you are making a lot of people's argument for 'us' then. if it's gonna be a project guy (as in sit him for a couple of years etc.) why do you need to draft a QB at four? or even with our second pick? hell, why not wait until next year to get the guy we all know farmer wants anyway?
-
There aren't many QBs ever drafted that are day one starters, if you expect to win. Hoyer is intriguing but you cant go into the season banking on him working out. We have a win now roster, and imo were in great position to add our QB of choice now. We'll find out how confident Farmer/Pettine is in Hoyer by how long they wait on a QB. You can never wait till next year for a QB. Way too many variables. He could blow out a knee, go before we pick, not come out, completely suck.....you just never know. I certainly hope that were not in a position to get a top QB next year.....do you?see you are making a lot of people's argument for 'us' then. if it's gonna be a project guy (as in sit him for a couple of years etc.) why do you need to draft a QB at four? or even with our second pick? hell, why not wait until next year to get the guy we all know farmer wants anyway?
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
We have a win now roster, and imo were in great position to add our QB of choice now.
I certainly hope that were not in a position to get a top QB next year.....do you?
your 2nd point first: hell no. i think it would be demoralizing to an up and coming team. i expect big things this year.
BUT (to your first point)
if they pick a guy at four, don't you HAVE to start him? i mean that used to be the theory. every highly (first round) drafted QB in recent years has started day one. we can go down the list but we don't have to.
that's why this year's crop of 'highly ranked' QBs scare the shit out of me and i wouldn't pick one at 4, but that's just my opinion. i tell you what if we don't fix the problem on the right side of the line any QB we have might not last to see game 16 and that might be more demoralizing than a losing record.
-
The best way to tank for Mariota would be to draft one of these top 4 and start him day one. Guaranteed High pick in 2015 with any of these top 4.
-
The best way to tank for Mariota would be to draft one of these top 4 and start him day one. Guaranteed High pick in 2015 with any of these top 4.
The best way to tank for Mariota would be to draft one of these top 4 and start him day one. Guaranteed High pick in 2015 with any of these top 4.
i hear you and agree.
but i don't see 'tank' in anything about farmer and pettine. if they draft a guy and find out through the TC and preseason that he's the real deal, start him. if they find out he's a colt mccoy get ready to belly-up next year and be all-in on either mariota or hundley. i'm sure by this time next year there'll be a couple of other names being bantered around as well.
-
This mock has us taking David Carr at 4, and I can't believe it.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php
If we pass on all of those guys, I may pull my hair out.
-
This mock has us taking David Carr at 4, and I can't believe it.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php
If we pass on all of those guys, I may pull my hair out.

This mock has us taking David Carr at 4, and I can't believe it.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php
If we pass on all of those guys, I may pull my hair out.
-
The difference between a mock draft and an asshole? You only get one asshole, but every asshole can have multiple mock drafts.
I am sick of mock drafts.
The worst thing the NFL did was to move back the draft....just 2 or 3 more weeks of this lunacy.
Tell me what happens in the real draft....they we will have something real to talk about instead of everyone just contemplating their navels.
-

This mock has us taking David Carr at 4, and I can't believe it.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php
If we pass on all of those guys, I may pull my hair out.

My thoughts exactly if we pick him...
-
it's not the only mock i've seen the browns taking him at 4.
he might be their guy but it'd be dumb to take him there. i could see a trade down to switch places with a team in the bottom of top ten or early teens, get another pick and move up to mid teens.
i wouldn't take any of these guys at 4.
-
I think the reason they would take him at 4 is they are scared Oakland would take him at 5. God I would be so mad though.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login