Skip to content

Derek Carr

The Browns Board
190 40 7.4k
  • God has no worries. Good things come to those who wait. We've been through enough as Browns fans. The sun has to come out sometime.

    @poeticg said:

    God has no worries. Good things come to those who wait. We've been through enough as Browns fans. The sun has to come out sometime.

    This I will agree with you on. I don't know if Carr is the answer and I don't like him at 4. But certainly a direction for this team and reason for Browns fans to feel optimistic (finally) seems to be the present.

  • And I apologize. I didn't want to start a fight here. Just some good-natured ribbing as seems so common here on the Browns Board.

    I guess God isn't a subject where that goes over well. If only some omnipotent being could have let me know that before I posted 😉 Oh well. Live and learn.

  • no QB @4. if mack isn't there. trade down.

  • @bbedward said:

    Why did you respond STFU then.

    I just assumed that's what you meant, but apparently you're too stupid to represent any of your ideas in a logical way.

    Unless you think Carr's worth #4 overall?

    Please elaborate.

    Actually, I don't give a flying fuck about your opinions on here or anywhere.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Actually, I don't give a flying fuck about your opinions on here or anywhere.

    I don't even understand yours because you can't coherently present it. So it's even I guess.

    I just didn't get the STFU response.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Actually, I don't give a flying fuck about your opinions on here or anywhere.

    I don't even understand yours because you can't coherently present it. So it's even I guess.

    I just didn't get the STFU response.

    @bbedward said:

    I don't even understand yours because you can't coherently present it. So it's even I guess.

    I just didn't get the STFU response.

    You missed the lesson in the bible about acting like a jerkoff on the internet. It works wonders for converting people.

  • @bbedward said:

    I don't even understand yours because you can't coherently present it. So it's even I guess.

    I just didn't get the STFU response.

    You missed the lesson in the bible about acting like a jerkoff on the internet. It works wonders for converting people.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    You missed the lesson in the bible about acting like a jerkoff on the internet. It works wonders for converting people.

    I'm sure Die Hard has already submitted his application to be the new leader of the Westboro Baptist Church in the wake of Fred Phelps' death. He'd be a perfect fit: big hate, small mind.

  • The big Mistake would be to select some bum in place of DC.

    It cannot be coincidence. His number is also 4. We pick 4th overall. IV is 4. His is generally considered the number 4 QB from this draft.

    He is the best kept secret. Don't be fooled dawgs. He is the QB we've been waiting for. God works in mysterious ways.

    @poeticg said:

    The big Mistake would be to select some bum in place of DC.

    It cannot be coincidence. His number is also 4. We pick 4th overall. IV is 4. His is generally considered the number 4 QB from this draft.

    He is the best kept secret. Don't be fooled dawgs. He is the QB we've been waiting for. God works in mysterious ways.

    Just like Richardson and McCoy were our saviors? I'm not saying it isn't impossible, i would root for the guy if we drafted him, but i'm just wondering where/how you get these strong attachments to certain players.

  • The big Mistake would be to select some bum in place of DC.

    It cannot be coincidence. His number is also 4. We pick 4th overall. IV is 4. His is generally considered the number 4 QB from this draft.

    He is the best kept secret. Don't be fooled dawgs. He is the QB we've been waiting for. God works in mysterious ways.

    Has someone informed Farmer that he cannot draft without enlisting the guidance of a good numerologist?

    @poeticg said:

    The big Mistake would be to select some bum in place of DC.

    Meaning DC is the only bum for us?

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    And I apologize. I didn't want to start a fight here. Just some good-natured ribbing as seems so common here on the Browns Board.

    No apology... many liked it...

    @roycerolls said:

    I'm sure Die Hard has already submitted his application to be the new leader of the Westboro Baptist Church in the wake of Fred Phelps' death. He'd be a perfect fit: big hate, small mind.

    Oh snap! That's gonna leave a mark...

  • Leviticus 3:10 "And thou shalt not only have terrible and backwards opinions, but shall present them like an insufferable d-bag on the internets. This is the word of The Lord."

  • @poeticg said:

    The big Mistake would be to select some bum in place of DC.

    It cannot be coincidence. His number is also 4. We pick 4th overall. IV is 4. His is generally considered the number 4 QB from this draft.

    He is the best kept secret. Don't be fooled dawgs. He is the QB we've been waiting for. God works in mysterious ways.

    Just like Richardson and McCoy were our saviors? I'm not saying it isn't impossible, i would root for the guy if we drafted him, but i'm just wondering where/how you get these strong attachments to certain players.

    @usfbrown said:

    Just like Richardson and McCoy were our saviors? I'm not saying it isn't impossible, i would root for the guy if we drafted him, but i'm just wondering where/how you get these strong attachments to certain players.

    I don't watch anywhere near enough college football to have any kind of strong opinion on anyone in the draft. But based on track records alone...if POG is behind a guy, then there's a good chance that he isn't very good.

  • My track record is perfectly fine, thanks very much. Let's see:

    Colt McCoy- Legit backup for the 49ers. Not like he wouldn't have been a good backup for us as well, hell, we probably could have used him the last two years, we've had shit, be honest.

    Vickers- Had an ahem, Colt following, lol, debating even still bringing him back, but at this point it's maybe best to go with Jay Prosch for the future.

    Hillis- Who could have seen that coming?

    DQ- 6 year stud with probowl snubs.

    Richardson- I still believe that we're gonna hate this trade, many are banking on this compensation pick being worth it. We'll see, but it's a business decision that Chud and Banner made, probably cost them their jobs. On Richardson, the jury is still out. Next season we'll have the production of a rookie to go off what Trent did in his one year as a rookie for us. We haven't gotten shit yet from Indy yet and we lost an entire season from our lives watching the island of misfit runningbacks.

    Mathieu - Beast FS in the NFL

    Burfict - Beast LB in the NFL and in our Divison

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    So, if you're implying that I only go for shit players, you're wrong.

    Hell, we'd be a playoff contending team if I was running this joint. HA!

  • i like mathieu too but to call him the best FS in the league..........?????

  • Colt McCoy- Legit backup for the 49ers. Not like he wouldn't have been a good backup for us as well, hell, we probably could have used him the last two years, we've had shit, be honest.

    And he was one of the biggest piles!

    DQ- 6 year stud with probowl snubs.

    Solid, under-sized player, not Pro Bowl worthy, not big money worthy.

    Richardson- I still believe that we're gonna hate this trade, many are banking on this compensation pick being worth it. We'll see, but it's a business decision that Chud and Banner made, probably cost them their jobs. On Richardson, the jury is still out. Next season we'll have the production of a rookie to go off what Trent did in his one year as a rookie for us. We haven't gotten shit yet from Indy yet and we lost an entire season from our lives watching the island of misfit runningbacks.

    If you want some cred around here, ya gotta admit your mistakes. Saying Chud and Banner probably lost their jobs over the Richardson trade ... it was the one thing they did right!

    Banner traded T-rich for a first rounder and Lombardi brought in Hoyer ... those are their ONLY feathers in their Browns caps.

  • My track record is perfectly fine, thanks very much. Let's see:

    Colt McCoy- Legit backup for the 49ers. Not like he wouldn't have been a good backup for us as well, hell, we probably could have used him the last two years, we've had shit, be honest.

    Vickers- Had an ahem, Colt following, lol, debating even still bringing him back, but at this point it's maybe best to go with Jay Prosch for the future.

    Hillis- Who could have seen that coming?

    DQ- 6 year stud with probowl snubs.

    Richardson- I still believe that we're gonna hate this trade, many are banking on this compensation pick being worth it. We'll see, but it's a business decision that Chud and Banner made, probably cost them their jobs. On Richardson, the jury is still out. Next season we'll have the production of a rookie to go off what Trent did in his one year as a rookie for us. We haven't gotten shit yet from Indy yet and we lost an entire season from our lives watching the island of misfit runningbacks.

    Mathieu - Beast FS in the NFL

    Burfict - Beast LB in the NFL and in our Divison

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    So, if you're implying that I only go for shit players, you're wrong.

    Hell, we'd be a playoff contending team if I was running this joint. HA!

    @poeticg said:

    My track record is perfectly fine, thanks very much. Let's see:

    Colt McCoy- Legit backup for the 49ers. Not like he wouldn't have been a good backup for us as well, hell, we probably could have used him the last two years, we've had shit, be honest.

    Vickers- Had an ahem, Colt following, lol, debating even still bringing him back, but at this point it's maybe best to go with Jay Prosch for the future.

    Hillis- Who could have seen that coming?

    DQ- 6 year stud with probowl snubs.

    Richardson- I still believe that we're gonna hate this trade, many are banking on this compensation pick being worth it. We'll see, but it's a business decision that Chud and Banner made, probably cost them their jobs. On Richardson, the jury is still out. Next season we'll have the production of a rookie to go off what Trent did in his one year as a rookie for us. We haven't gotten shit yet from Indy yet and we lost an entire season from our lives watching the island of misfit runningbacks.

    Mathieu - Beast FS in the NFL

    Burfict - Beast LB in the NFL and in our Divison

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    So, if you're implying that I only go for shit players, you're wrong.

    Hell, we'd be a playoff contending team if I was running this joint. HA!

    Those two right there. You reaching FAR too much on those two. Mathieu would be considered above average at this point. I would also consider Gipson to be above average as well and he isn't anywhere NEAR the character concern that Mathieu still is. Burfict is also above average and one dimensional. He is a two down MLB. One who has a huge attitude problem and I think is close to missing playing time because of the shit he pulls after the whistle blows.

  • I think there is a miscommunication there on what I said.

    I said they are a BEAST in the National Football League... B.E.A.S.T.

    I mean I guess an acronym for Beast could be- Best Ever At Said Task?

  • Brandon Weeden got a job before McCoy.

    There's about 90 QBs with jobs in the NFL ... And he ain't one of them.

    Z

  • Why do I even read this shit? It's my fault, and no one else's, because I know what lurks after the word 'PoeticG' and yet I still read.

  • Colt McCoy- Out of the league

    Richardson- has only 400 more career yards than Eddie Lacy, his backup at Alabama.

    Vickers-out of the league

    Hillis- out of the league until the Giants got desperate. Still basically out of the league.

    Really nailed it.

  • My track record is perfectly fine, thanks very much. Let's see:

    Colt McCoy- Legit backup for the 49ers. Not like he wouldn't have been a good backup for us as well, hell, we probably could have used him the last two years, we've had shit, be honest.

    Vickers- Had an ahem, Colt following, lol, debating even still bringing him back, but at this point it's maybe best to go with Jay Prosch for the future.

    Hillis- Who could have seen that coming?

    DQ- 6 year stud with probowl snubs.

    Richardson- I still believe that we're gonna hate this trade, many are banking on this compensation pick being worth it. We'll see, but it's a business decision that Chud and Banner made, probably cost them their jobs. On Richardson, the jury is still out. Next season we'll have the production of a rookie to go off what Trent did in his one year as a rookie for us. We haven't gotten shit yet from Indy yet and we lost an entire season from our lives watching the island of misfit runningbacks.

    Mathieu - Beast FS in the NFL

    Burfict - Beast LB in the NFL and in our Divison

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    So, if you're implying that I only go for shit players, you're wrong.

    Hell, we'd be a playoff contending team if I was running this joint. HA!

    @poeticg said:

    My track record is perfectly fine, thanks very much. Let's see:

    Colt McCoy- Legit backup for the 49ers. Not like he wouldn't have been a good backup for us as well, hell, we probably could have used him the last two years, we've had shit, be honest.

    Vickers- Had an ahem, Colt following, lol, debating even still bringing him back, but at this point it's maybe best to go with Jay Prosch for the future.

    Hillis- Who could have seen that coming?

    DQ- 6 year stud with probowl snubs.

    Richardson- I still believe that we're gonna hate this trade, many are banking on this compensation pick being worth it. We'll see, but it's a business decision that Chud and Banner made, probably cost them their jobs. On Richardson, the jury is still out. Next season we'll have the production of a rookie to go off what Trent did in his one year as a rookie for us. We haven't gotten shit yet from Indy yet and we lost an entire season from our lives watching the island of misfit runningbacks.

    Mathieu - Beast FS in the NFL

    Burfict - Beast LB in the NFL and in our Divison

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    So, if you're implying that I only go for shit players, you're wrong.

    Hell, we'd be a playoff contending team if I was running this joint. HA!

    They all suck except Burfict. It's too early to make a call on Mathieu, but he had a good year before blowing his knee.

    I was almost certain we were going to take him, high risk but much higher reward than McFadden.

  • @mike-h said:

    The Niners love McCoy so much they traded for Blaine Gabbert.

    And didn't resign Colt McNoodle Arm, who is still looking for work.