Cousins
-
We need three good QB's anyway. I'd have consider this pretty hard. Obviously, Shanahan would have a good idea of what he's worth.
RGIII must really think have some issues with even minor rivals.
-
He shouldn't be compared to weeden since he's a better,younger prospect IMO and plays a different kind of game. He had a couple good fill in games last year, one of which was against Cleveland. Then stunk it up in his few end of season games this year....
Didn't realize Cousins' numbers were that underwhelming. He passed an eyeball test with me, but those comparing him and Weeden seem to be on a smarter path.
I change my mind. He likely won't bring anything solid enough to provide what we need.
He hasn't proven he can be a starting QB in the NFL yet, so there's no reason to trade for him like he is IMO which some people are talking about. He's definitely not worth anything above a 4th, where he was drafted IMO. Especially not when we have Hoyer, who is about on the same level as far as unknown-ness and played nearly the same game in college as cousins.
He shouldn't be compared to weeden since he's a better,younger prospect IMO and plays a different kind of game. He had a couple good fill in games last year, one of which was against Cleveland. Then stunk it up in his few end of season games this year.
He hasn't proven he can be a starting QB in the NFL yet, so there's no reason to trade for him like he is IMO which some people are talking about. He's definitely not worth anything above a 4th, where he was drafted IMO. Especially not when we have Hoyer, who is about on the same level as far as unknown-ness and played nearly the same game in college as cousins.
I think there is this desire to attempt to improve at this position and not too many creative avenues to take to do so.
People are loathe to believe that there is top talent for the fourth pick (and I don't tend to disagree with that). But the only reason they are going to be taken that high, is that there are quite a few teams picking early who share the same need.
BPA or draft for organizational weakness? Because there likely isn't going to be an opportunity to grab another potential starting quarterback in the second round or lower.
-
Just a moment please to remember that Alex smith cost a second rounder last year and is significantly better than cousins.
Not interested.
-
A 2nd for Cousins? No... and not only because I do not think Cousins if worth it.
One thing I think in learned from the draft simulator was that our 2nd round pick was pivotal... giving it up would just leave too big of a gap.
Maybe a third and a conditional 2015 pick...
-
If we go to a 4-3...i'd send Kruger to the skins for Cousins and a bunch of their picks.
-
if they don't draft a QB cut campbell and bring him in for a song and a prayer BUT in NO Fing way do i trade rubin OR sheard.
-
We need three good QB's anyway. I'd have consider this pretty hard. Obviously, Shanahan would have a good idea of what he's worth.
RGIII must really think have some issues with even minor rivals.
We need three good QB's anyway. I'd have consider this pretty hard. Obviously, Shanahan would have a good idea of what he's worth.
RGIII must really think have some issues with even minor rivals.
If I give you the fact we need 3 GOOD QB's you have to give me that we have 1 in Hoyer. What convinces you that Kirk Cousins is worth a 2nd round pick? There is no way on earth he would be ranked as a 2nd round talent in the draft. He has done nothing to show he is a quality starter.
-
if they don't draft a QB cut campbell and bring him in for a song and a prayer BUT in NO Fing way do i trade rubin OR sheard.
if they don't draft a QB cut campbell and bring him in for a song and a prayer BUT in NO Fing way do i trade rubin OR sheard.
Rubin or Taylor are possibilities imo, for the right price. We definitively have a surplus there. But yeah not Sheard. Especially if we go to a 4-3. If we do that I might shop Mingo if he can't make the transition to the 4-3 will. I love Mingo but I don't love him as a situational 4-3 edge rusher.
-
if they don't draft a QB cut campbell and bring him in for a song and a prayer BUT in NO Fing way do i trade rubin OR sheard.
Rubin or Taylor are possibilities imo, for the right price. We definitively have a surplus there. But yeah not Sheard. Especially if we go to a 4-3. If we do that I might shop Mingo if he can't make the transition to the 4-3 will. I love Mingo but I don't love him as a situational 4-3 edge rusher.
Rubin or Taylor are possibilities imo, for the right price. We definitively have a surplus there. But yeah not Sheard. Especially if we go to a 4-3. If we do that I might shop Mingo if he can't make the transition to the 4-3 will. I love Mingo but I don't love him as a situational 4-3 edge rusher.
let's hope mingo has gained some weight in the weight room (not at mcdonalds) and proves himself worthy of his pick during camp. i think he and sheard could be a really good tandem in he 4-3 (not sure what we're running yet....most say a 3-4 hybrid....but what does that mean, sometimes you play a 4-3?). not too impressed with kreuger but maybe he will change my mind as well.
i just don't like the idea of trading away good depth or starters that have proven themselves like rubin when everyone is one play away from going down for the year.
all i know is we've got to address the D backfield (another CB and a S) which i have been screaming about forever.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login