Clowney just ran a 4.47
-
Clowney is a rare talent...he is the most "sure" thing in the draft.as far as sure to be a superstar.and he isn't sure to be...but close.
If he falls to fourth ya gotta take him.but he wont be there
-
If Watkins is gone, take Clowney. Pretty simple
-
If Watkins is gone, take Clowney. Pretty simple
what if both are gone?If Watkins is gone, take Clowney. Pretty simple
-
I wouldn't draft Clowney. If he's there, I would draft Khalil Mack instead, or Watkins..
We have the dline. We need a game dominating lb, a qb, and a #2 wr. That makes the Browns
defense hugely improved. What does it matter, if Clowney is so good, and the
qb simply dumps the ball off on a quick hitter again and again?
Khalil Mack. That is the Browns' first round pick at 4. The qb's just aren't
locked in top five type of players.
Because there's a dropoff with the top 4 or 5 lbs in the draft, all of them may go
before the Browns pick in the second. That's figuring that they might then
go qb with their second pick in the first round.
1. Khalil Mack
1. ....wr or.....Derek Carr?
2. OG?
3. cb?
3. eh?
This draft is the craziest in years, I think. But Clowney? No, not for the Browns.
-
I think I'll cry if we draft Derek Carr. He just seems so, so much like Weeden it's unreal.
-
I can't say no to Clowney if he's there. Dude is too beastly he'll make an immediate impact wherever he goes IMO.
-
About Mack:
He'll make a bigger impact than Clowney. That's just me thinkin.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140223/khalil-mack-buffalo-nfl-draft/
And I'm not really thinkin Carr....but he isn't any Weedone. He has some fire,
and he's pretty fast in the forty. Weedon can't even run a 40 at full speed, and
he doesn't give a frack.
Carr intensely has some fire, and he's far smarter. Is he the right guy? Beats me.
What if he was as good as Eli Manning? with a better cast all around?
-
I think I'll cry if we draft Derek Carr. He just seems so, so much like Weeden it's unreal.
-
About Mack:
He'll make a bigger impact than Clowney. That's just me thinkin.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140223/khalil-mack-buffalo-nfl-draft/
And I'm not really thinkin Carr....but he isn't any Weedone. He has some fire,
and he's pretty fast in the forty. Weedon can't even run a 40 at full speed, and
he doesn't give a frack.
Carr intensely has some fire, and he's far smarter. Is he the right guy? Beats me.
What if he was as good as Eli Manning? with a better cast all around?
From what Ive seen of Mack I think he'd make a great MLB in a 3/4. But given the choice between him and Clowney.....I just dont see how anyone can pass on Clowney.About Mack:
He'll make a bigger impact than Clowney. That's just me thinkin.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140223/khalil-mack-buffalo-nfl-draft/
And I'm not really thinkin Carr....but he isn't any Weedone. He has some fire,
and he's pretty fast in the forty. Weedon can't even run a 40 at full speed, and
he doesn't give a frack.
Carr intensely has some fire, and he's far smarter. Is he the right guy? Beats me.
What if he was as good as Eli Manning? with a better cast all around?
-
From what Ive seen of Mack I think he'd make a great MLB in a 3/4. But given the choice between him and Clowney.....I just dont see how anyone can pass on Clowney.About Mack:
He'll make a bigger impact than Clowney. That's just me thinkin.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140223/khalil-mack-buffalo-nfl-draft/
And I'm not really thinkin Carr....but he isn't any Weedone. He has some fire,
and he's pretty fast in the forty. Weedon can't even run a 40 at full speed, and
he doesn't give a frack.
Carr intensely has some fire, and he's far smarter. Is he the right guy? Beats me.
What if he was as good as Eli Manning? with a better cast all around?
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
From what Ive seen of Mack I think he'd make a great MLB in a 3/4. But given the choice between him and Clowney.....I just dont see how anyone can pass on Clowney.
If he could play the middle LB position I would be all for him. But he is listed primarily as an OLB where we have a decent crowded field.
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
From what Ive seen of Mack I think he'd make a great MLB in a 3/4. But given the choice between him and Clowney.....I just dont see how anyone can pass on Clowney.
If he could play the middle LB position I would be all for him. But he is listed primarily as an OLB where we have a decent crowded field.
yeah hes got the "pass rusher" tag, but he played a little bit of everything at Buffalo. Hes a little small for 3/4 OLB and I think 4/3 OLB would be his best fit. But, hes great in coverage, strong taking on blockers in the run game and has great instincts. I think hes perfect for 3/4 ILB.If he could play the middle LB position I would be all for him. But he is listed primarily as an OLB where we have a decent crowded field.
-
clowney said today he wishes that atlanta could find a way to trade up and draft him. now he wants to choose teams?
i know i was on his jock for a while but i gotta agree with cal. mack is projected as the best LB and DQ ain't no spring chicken.
-
clowney said today he wishes that atlanta could find a way to trade up and draft him. now he wants to choose teams?
i know i was on his jock for a while but i gotta agree with cal. mack is projected as the best LB and DQ ain't no spring chicken.
clowney said today he wishes that atlanta could find a way to trade up and draft him. now he wants to choose teams?
i know i was on his jock for a while but i gotta agree with cal. mack is projected as the best LB and DQ ain't no spring chicken.
Not surprised MT. First, he picks which years in college he wants to 'play', then he picks which plays in a game he wants to 'play', so it makes total sense that now he wants to pick which team he wants to 'play' for............ Give me a motor like Barr's all day long.
-
clowney said today he wishes that atlanta could find a way to trade up and draft him. now he wants to choose teams?
i know i was on his jock for a while but i gotta agree with cal. mack is projected as the best LB and DQ ain't no spring chicken.
clowney said today he wishes that atlanta could find a way to trade up and draft him. now he wants to choose teams?
i know i was on his jock for a while but i gotta agree with cal. mack is projected as the best LB and DQ ain't no spring chicken.
Well, he was probably just responding to a question from a reporter from Atlanta agreeing that yes, he would love to play there if the Falcons could trade up.
Well, blame Atlanta for winning those few meaningless games at the end of the season, otherwise they may have been in a position to take the Clown.
-
I'm worried that Clowney just doesn't care enough to do the work it's going to take to be great. Sure he's an amazing athlete but so are just about every single player he's going to be up against in the NFL. I'd rather have a guy with less natural ability and more desire to succeed than the freakish athlete who thinks he can just show up and be a star.
-
Mack fits on this team as an ILB. I mean I'm not adverse to taking him. I really don't compare him with CLowney cause they're two different cats. As 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE, c'mon now...Clowney hands down. There's more we can do with Clowney, we can move him around the line and at the OLB position. Mack is a stud but he's not gonna put his hands in the dirt in the NFL. Clowney has 15+ lbs on Mack and still was faster. If we had to pick between the two of them, because we already have Sheard and Kruger...maybe I would go with Mack. But only because of what we already have and we really need an ILB to play with DQ. It's a glaring hole. Pettine and the DC have to figure out what's going on with our OLB'ers and what kind of defense we're gonna put on next year. If we do alot of straight up 4-3 looks...gotta take Clowney and then think about trading one of our other OLB'ers after next year. Tough decision though, I like Mack. His elite coverage skills are really enticing and he'll probably be a mean blitzing ILB. Plus he's a big strong kid that can help DQ stop the run.
-
clowney said today he wishes that atlanta could find a way to trade up and draft him. now he wants to choose teams?
i know i was on his jock for a while but i gotta agree with cal. mack is projected as the best LB and DQ ain't no spring chicken.
clowney said today he wishes that atlanta could find a way to trade up and draft him. now he wants to choose teams?
i know i was on his jock for a while but i gotta agree with cal. mack is projected as the best LB and DQ ain't no spring chicken.
Yeah and Manziel was doing the same. Last week Clowney was saying Texas needs to draft him #1. This is all combine week bullshit. 'OF COURSE" none of those guys really wants to play for the perennial bottom feeding teams like the Browns. It's just a fact of life we have to deal with in the best of circumstances let alone the disgrace that's been ownership and FO for the last 15 years. Who wants to play for a fan base that's calling for the coaches job after 2 years or less? They'll only come here for the money which is what Kruger did, and I'm starting to think he may have gotten over on us.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login