Skip to content

Is it just me.....?

The Browns Board
43 18 2.2k
  • media is all about money. and the big markets bring in (or are supposed to) the most money. so if there are 8.4 million people in NYC and less than 1 in cleveland............

    big money markets LA DALLAS NY BOSTON MIAMI.

    the only thing that could have out-trumped jeter's last home day opener was MAYBE to have a pitcher pitching a perfect game and it still would have come in 2nd or 3rd on their priority list especially if the team was in milwaukee or cleveland. and that's not a diss. it's just the way it is.

    to me it's sickening. i know jeter is the next joe dimaggio in yankee fan's eyes...............it will be nice to see him go as he's the last of the 'core 4'.

    @miktoxic said:

    media is all about money. and the big markets bring in (or are supposed to) the most money. so if there are 8.4 million people in NYC and less than 1 in cleveland............

    big money markets LA DALLAS NY BOSTON MIAMI.

    the only thing that could have out-trumped jeter's last home day opener was MAYBE to have a pitcher pitching a perfect game and it still would have come in 2nd or 3rd on their priority list especially if the team was in milwaukee or cleveland. and that's not a diss. it's just the way it is.

    to me it's sickening. i know jeter is the next joe dimaggio in yankee fan's eyes...............it will be nice to see him go as he's the last of the 'core 4'.

    Add Houston, Atlanta, Chicago to that.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I'm not defending ESPN and I don't disagree. My fiance is in media and I'm telling you the blunt truth as she deals with this every day. It's all about ratings and viewership, and Derek Jeter is going to garner more views than this years title game. If it was Duke vs Florida, it might be different. If you were in ESPN's shoes you'd be doing the same thing, it's just how that stuff goes.

    If that's a statement on the general intelligence level of fans across the country, it's pretty sad.

    @hoorta said:

    If that's a statement on the general intelligence level of fans across the country, it's pretty sad.

    It is, but the same logic is the reason the Kardashians are popular and local news is either about someone being shot or a puppy adoption. It's all about pandering to the lowest common denominator.

  • ESPN doesn't care what the fans want to hear...THEY will dictate to you what you want to hear because they have a monopoly on sports news. The whole putting Jeter ahead of the national championship was a calculated fuck you to their audience. And they can get away with it.

  • ESPN doesn't care what the fans want to hear...THEY will dictate to you what you want to hear because they have a monopoly on sports news. The whole putting Jeter ahead of the national championship was a calculated fuck you to their audience. And they can get away with it.

    @clevfan4life said:

    ESPN doesn't care what the fans want to hear...THEY will dictate to you what you want to hear because they have a monopoly on sports news. The whole putting Jeter ahead of the national championship was a calculated fuck you to their audience. And they can get away with it.

    They are losing some of that monopoly. Both Fox and NBCSports now have channels similar to ESPN. You can get an alternative voice elsewhere. I still mostly watch ESPN, but I am checking out these other venues more and more often.

  • @hoorta said:

    If that's a statement on the general intelligence level of fans across the country, it's pretty sad.

    I don't think it is a statement about the intelligence of the fans, it is a statement about the mindset of the TV networks......nothing matters but ratings and money.

    Now, the fact that we have the likes of Honey BooBoo, Duck Dynasty, Swamp People etc. etc.....all these ridiculous shows about ignorant rednecks (or guys that want to come off as ignorant rednecks).....that is what is such a poor statement on the intelligence level of TV viewers.

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think it is a statement about the intelligence of the fans, it is a statement about the mindset of the TV networks......nothing matters but ratings and money.

    Now, the fact that we have the likes of Honey BooBoo, Duck Dynasty, Swamp People etc. etc.....all these ridiculous shows about ignorant rednecks (or guys that want to come off as ignorant rednecks).....that is what is such a poor statement on the intelligence level of TV viewers.

    Thankfully, you haven't been sucked into the garbage that Bravo! passes off as entertainment.Real Housewives of ________ pick a city. Barf.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't think it is a statement about the intelligence of the fans, it is a statement about the mindset of the TV networks......nothing matters but ratings and money.

    Now, the fact that we have the likes of Honey BooBoo, Duck Dynasty, Swamp People etc. etc.....all these ridiculous shows about ignorant rednecks (or guys that want to come off as ignorant rednecks).....that is what is such a poor statement on the intelligence level of TV viewers.

    Thankfully, you haven't been sucked into the garbage that Bravo! passes off as entertainment.Real Housewives of ________ pick a city. Barf.

    @hoorta said:

    Thankfully, you haven't been sucked into the garbage that Bravo! passes off as entertainment.Real Housewives of ________ pick a city. Barf.

    Well, I have watched some Bravo programming in the past: Top Chef, Top Design, Project Runway before it switched.

    But yea, a lot of their other stuff is just sucky.

  • it's amazing how the word 'reality' is now mis-construed to mean the opposite of it's true definition.

    these 'reality' shows are more scripted than day-time soap operas.

  • The best show on television is Property Brothers.

  • The best show on television is Property Brothers.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The best show on television is Property Brothers.

    I prefer House Hunters. Looking for a nice house is OK. Anytime you have these shows about doing repairs and rehab to housing just gets to me because I am so inept about that sort of thing.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The best show on television is Property Brothers.

    I prefer House Hunters. Looking for a nice house is OK. Anytime you have these shows about doing repairs and rehab to housing just gets to me because I am so inept about that sort of thing.

    @the-gipper said:

    I prefer House Hunters. Looking for a nice house is OK. Anytime you have these shows about doing repairs and rehab to housing just gets to me because I am so inept about that sort of thing.

    House Hunters bothers me because it gets repetitive. There's a drinking game somewhere on the internet with things like "Drink every time they ask for an open concept" or "take a shot whenever the wife thinks the place is too expensive".

    I love renovating, that's probably why I love Prop Bros. I'd rather renovate than buy new.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I prefer House Hunters. Looking for a nice house is OK. Anytime you have these shows about doing repairs and rehab to housing just gets to me because I am so inept about that sort of thing.

    House Hunters bothers me because it gets repetitive. There's a drinking game somewhere on the internet with things like "Drink every time they ask for an open concept" or "take a shot whenever the wife thinks the place is too expensive".

    I love renovating, that's probably why I love Prop Bros. I'd rather renovate than buy new.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    House Hunters bothers me because it gets repetitive. There's a drinking game somewhere on the internet with things like "Drink every time they ask for an open concept" or "take a shot whenever the wife thinks the place is too expensive".

    I love renovating, that's probably why I love Prop Bros. I'd rather renovate than buy new.

    I would rather shoot myself than do it myself. Hiring someone....OK.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I prefer House Hunters. Looking for a nice house is OK. Anytime you have these shows about doing repairs and rehab to housing just gets to me because I am so inept about that sort of thing.

    House Hunters bothers me because it gets repetitive. There's a drinking game somewhere on the internet with things like "Drink every time they ask for an open concept" or "take a shot whenever the wife thinks the place is too expensive".

    I love renovating, that's probably why I love Prop Bros. I'd rather renovate than buy new.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    House Hunters bothers me because it gets repetitive. There's a drinking game somewhere on the internet with things like "Drink every time they ask for an open concept" or "take a shot whenever the wife thinks the place is too expensive".

    I love renovating, that's probably why I love Prop Bros. I'd rather renovate than buy new.

    Off topic but oh well. You know why I hate that show man? Because it's giving my soon to be wife ridiculous expectations of what our first house should look like haha. I'm a pretty handy guy and I enjoy simple DIY projects (new fixtures, painting, etc) but I'm pretty sure my fiance expects an amazing kitchen and gas fireplace because of that show. I can already feel my wallet shrinking.

  • Formerly Sane said:

    I'm curious which you would prefer? This, or more articles about the futility and failure of the Browns? The Browns don't give the media much of anything but embarrassment to write about.

    Go fuck yourself troll !

  • ESPN doesn't care what the fans want to hear...THEY will dictate to you what you want to hear because they have a monopoly on sports news. The whole putting Jeter ahead of the national championship was a calculated fuck you to their audience. And they can get away with it.

    @clevfan4life said:

    ESPN doesn't care what the fans want to hear...THEY will dictate to you what you want to hear because they have a monopoly on sports news. The whole putting Jeter ahead of the national championship was a calculated fuck you to their audience. And they can get away with it.

    Getting back to media stuff, yup- ESPN really doesn't care what people in the Heartland want to hear or see- especially if they're showing it. Like I really needed to hear driving around yesterday (I changed the station after 5 minutes) that Derek Jeeter was being "rested" for the big game against the Red Sox. Flipping back- that was 10 minutes of run about the Yankees. The Brewers have the best record in baseball and they're getting 1\10 the air time.

    @miktoxic said:

    it's amazing how the word 'reality' is now mis-construed to mean the opposite of it's true definition.

    these 'reality' shows are more scripted than day-time soap operas.

    Yes, thanks for confirming what I suspected. Survivor may be a little different, but I haven't watched an episode in years- time to send that franchise off to Bikini Atoll in the Pacific, and nuke it. Now if they had Survivor Everest- or Survivor Antarctica where they are dying off, I might be interested. 🙂

  • @clevfan4life said:

    ESPN doesn't care what the fans want to hear...THEY will dictate to you what you want to hear because they have a monopoly on sports news. The whole putting Jeter ahead of the national championship was a calculated fuck you to their audience. And they can get away with it.

    Getting back to media stuff, yup- ESPN really doesn't care what people in the Heartland want to hear or see- especially if they're showing it. Like I really needed to hear driving around yesterday (I changed the station after 5 minutes) that Derek Jeeter was being "rested" for the big game against the Red Sox. Flipping back- that was 10 minutes of run about the Yankees. The Brewers have the best record in baseball and they're getting 1\10 the air time.

    @miktoxic said:

    it's amazing how the word 'reality' is now mis-construed to mean the opposite of it's true definition.

    these 'reality' shows are more scripted than day-time soap operas.

    Yes, thanks for confirming what I suspected. Survivor may be a little different, but I haven't watched an episode in years- time to send that franchise off to Bikini Atoll in the Pacific, and nuke it. Now if they had Survivor Everest- or Survivor Antarctica where they are dying off, I might be interested. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    Getting back to media stuff, yup- ESPN really doesn't care what people in the Heartland want to hear or see- especially if they're showing it. Like I really needed to hear driving around yesterday (I changed the station after 5 minutes) that Derek Jeeter was being "rested" for the big game against the Red Sox. Flipping back- that was 10 minutes of run about the Yankees. The Brewers have the best record in baseball and they're getting 1\10 the air time.

    Yes, thanks for confirming what I suspected. Survivor may be a little different, but I haven't watched an episode in years- time to send that franchise off to Bikini Atoll in the Pacific, and nuke it. Now if they had Survivor Everest- or Survivor Antarctica where they are dying off, I might be interested. 🙂

    I still watch Survivor, it is still really the same as it has always been which is a solid show somewhat about human nature.

    But the reason they don't ship it off to one of those places is that one of the attractions of it is that they can show young women without much clothes on.

    This year they probably had a young chick on their with the biggest tits ever on the show. She just got voted out last week

  • Then have magazines for that. But seriously espn thinks they are the driving force for everything and they suck. Look what they have done to college football. The sec has four teams at the tops in the beginning of every year ensuring they have a team there at the end, strange the sec and espn launched a network together. I think they want to do it with the nfl as well. Look at the cowboys a average team and they get talked about more than anyone. And if they do talk about the browns it's always bad. F** k them.

  • Then have magazines for that. But seriously espn thinks they are the driving force for everything and they suck. Look what they have done to college football. The sec has four teams at the tops in the beginning of every year ensuring they have a team there at the end, strange the sec and espn launched a network together. I think they want to do it with the nfl as well. Look at the cowboys a average team and they get talked about more than anyone. And if they do talk about the browns it's always bad. F** k them.

    @babernakle said:

    Then have magazines for that. But seriously espn thinks they are the driving force for everything and they suck. Look what they have done to college football. The sec has four teams at the tops in the beginning of every year ensuring they have a team there at the end, strange the sec and espn launched a network together. I think they want to do it with the nfl as well. Look at the cowboys a average team and they get talked about more than anyone. And if they do talk about the browns it's always bad. F** k them.

    Well, unfortuneatly, it is because the Browns always are bad. Start kicking ass and that will change.

  • @babernakle said:

    Then have magazines for that. But seriously espn thinks they are the driving force for everything and they suck. Look what they have done to college football. The sec has four teams at the tops in the beginning of every year ensuring they have a team there at the end, strange the sec and espn launched a network together. I think they want to do it with the nfl as well. Look at the cowboys a average team and they get talked about more than anyone. And if they do talk about the browns it's always bad. F** k them.

    Well, unfortuneatly, it is because the Browns always are bad. Start kicking ass and that will change.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, unfortuneatly, it is because the Browns always are bad. Start kicking ass and that will change.

    ^^^^^

    this