Skip to content

The Greatest QB in History. You Decide

The Browns Board
94 20 2.3k
  • @the-gipper said:

    Wonderful. Where are your votes? You can talk about him all you want...and that is all good talk, but he won't advance in this contest unless you vote for him.

    I don't know enough to vote. You guys know what you're talkin' 'bout.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @remarker said:

    I don't know enough to vote. You guys know what you're talkin' 'bout.

    OK, at least you are honest. But you are doing the right thing by reading stuff like what you quoted. Very good analysis.

  • ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Tom Brady...or...Donovan McNabb

    Joe Montana...or...Randall Cunningham

    John Elway...or...Boomer Esiason

    Otto Graham...or...Kerry Collins

    Peyton Manning...or...Joe Theisman

    Terry Bradshaw...or...Phil Simms

    Bart Starr...or...Bob Griese

    Brett Favre...or...Ken Stabler

    Sid Luckman...or...Kurt Warner

    Sammy Baugh...or...Ben Roethlisberger

    Dan Marino...or...Fran Tarkenton

    Troy Aikman...or...Eli Manning

    Steve Young...or...Aaron Rodgers

    Jim Kelly...or...Len Dawson

    John Unitas...or...Norm Van Brocklin

    Roger Staubach...or Y.A. Tittle

  • Here we go with the Round of 32 matchups. Cast your vote for the better QB from these pairings:

    Tom Brady...or...Donovan McNabb

    Joe Montana...or...Randall Cunningham

    John Elway...or...Boomer Esiason

    Otto Graham...or...Kerry Collins

    Peyton Manning...or...Joe Theisman

    Terry Bradshaw...or...Phil Simms

    Bart Starr...or...Bob Griese

    Brett Favre...or...Ken Stabler

    Sid Luckman...or...Kurt Warner

    Sammy Baugh...or...Ben Roethlisberger

    Dan Marino...or...Fran Tarkenton

    Troy Aikman...or...Eli Manning

    Steve Young...or...Aaron Rodgers

    Jim Kelly...or...Len Dawson

    John Unitas...or...Norm Van Brocklin

    Roger Staubach...or Y.A. Tittle

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @the-gipper said:

    Here we go with the Round of 32 matchups. Cast your vote for the better QB from these pairings:

    Tom Brady◀...or...Donovan McNabb

    Joe Montana◀...or...Randall Cunningham

    John Elway◀...or...Boomer Esiason

    Otto Graham◀...or...Kerry Collins

    Peyton Manning◀...or...Joe Theisman

    Terry Bradshaw◀...or...Phil Simms

    Bart Starr◀...or...Bob Griese

    Brett Favre◀...or...Ken Stabler

    Sid Luckman◀...or...Kurt Warner

    Sammy Baugh◀...or...Ben Roethlisberger

    Dan Marino◀...or...Fran Tarkenton

    Troy Aikman◀...or...Eli Manning

    Steve Young◀...or...Aaron Rodgers

    Jim Kelly...or...Len Dawson◀

    John Unitas◀...or...Norm Van Brocklin

    Roger Staubach◀...or Y.A. Tittle

  • Here we go with the Round of 32 matchups. Cast your vote for the better QB from these pairings:

    Tom Brady...or...Donovan McNabb

    Joe Montana...or...Randall Cunningham

    John Elway...or...Boomer Esiason

    Otto Graham...or...Kerry Collins

    Peyton Manning...or...Joe Theisman

    Terry Bradshaw...or...Phil Simms

    Bart Starr...or...Bob Griese

    Brett Favre...or...Ken Stabler

    Sid Luckman...or...Kurt Warner

    Sammy Baugh...or...Ben Roethlisberger

    Dan Marino...or...Fran Tarkenton

    Troy Aikman...or...Eli Manning

    Steve Young...or...Aaron Rodgers

    Jim Kelly...or...Len Dawson

    John Unitas...or...Norm Van Brocklin

    Roger Staubach...or Y.A. Tittle

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @the-gipper said:

    Here we go with the Round of 32 matchups. Cast your vote for the better QB from these pairings:

    Winners in this round:

    Tom Brady...or...Donovan McNabb

    Joe Montana...or...Randall Cunningham

    John Elway...or...Boomer Esiason

    Otto Graham...or...Kerry Collins

    Peyton Manning...or...Joe Theisman

    Terry Bradshaw...or...Phil Simms

    Bart Starr...or...Bob Griese

    Brett Favre...or...Ken Stabler

    Sid Luckman...or...Kurt Warner

    Sammy Baugh...or...Ben Roethlisberger

    Dan Marino...or...Fran Tarkenton

    Troy Aikman...or...Eli Manning

    Steve Young...or...Aaron Rodgers

    Jim Kelly...or...Len Dawson

    John Unitas...or...Norm Van Brocklin

    Roger Staubach...or Y.A. Tittle

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #40

    And here are the Matchups for the Round of 16:

    Tom Brady...or...Len Dawson

    Joe Montana...or...Steve Young

    John Elway...or...Troy Aikman

    Otto Graham...or...Roger Staubach

    John Unitas...or...Terry Bradshaw

    Peyton Manning...or...Dan Marino

    Bart Starr...or...Brett Favre

    Sid Luckman...or...Sammy Baugh

    Cast Your Vote.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    1. Joe Montana

    and that ends the discussion for me

    No one is even close.

    If I had to pick a guy just on talent alone I'd pick Marino, but he wasn't a winner

  • And here are the Matchups for the Round of 16:

    Tom Brady...or...Len Dawson

    Joe Montana...or...Steve Young

    John Elway...or...Troy Aikman

    Otto Graham...or...Roger Staubach

    John Unitas...or...Terry Bradshaw

    Peyton Manning...or...Dan Marino

    Bart Starr...or...Brett Favre

    Sid Luckman...or...Sammy Baugh

    Cast Your Vote.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @the-gipper said:

    And here are the Matchups for the Round of 16:

    Tom Brady. W...or...Len Dawson

    Joe Montana w...or...Steve Young

    John Elway...or... W Troy Aikman

    Otto Graham. W..or...Roger Staubach

    John Unitas w...or...Terry Bradshaw

    Peyton Manning w...or...Dan Marino

    Bart Starr...or... W Brett Favre

    Sid Luckman w...or...Sammy Baugh

    Cast Your Vote.

  • And here are the Matchups for the Round of 16:

    Tom Brady...or...Len Dawson

    Joe Montana...or...Steve Young

    John Elway...or...Troy Aikman

    Otto Graham...or...Roger Staubach

    John Unitas...or...Terry Bradshaw

    Peyton Manning...or...Dan Marino

    Bart Starr...or...Brett Favre

    Sid Luckman...or...Sammy Baugh

    Cast Your Vote.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @the-gipper said:

    And here are the Matchups for the Round of 16:

    Tom Brady...or...Len Dawson

    Joe Montana...or...Steve Young

    John Elway...or...Troy Aikman

    Otto Graham...or...Roger Staubach

    John Unitas...or...Terry Bradshaw

    Peyton Manning...or...Dan Marino

    Bart Starr...or...Brett Favre

    Sid Luckman...or...Sammy Baugh

    Cast Your Vote.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Young over Montana? Can't see it

  • And here are the Matchups for the Round of 16:

    Tom Brady...or...Len Dawson

    Joe Montana...or...Steve Young

    John Elway...or...Troy Aikman

    Otto Graham...or...Roger Staubach

    John Unitas...or...Terry Bradshaw

    Peyton Manning...or...Dan Marino

    Bart Starr...or...Brett Favre

    Sid Luckman...or...Sammy Baugh

    Cast Your Vote.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @the-gipper said:

    And here are the Matchups for the Round of 16:

    Tom Brady◀...or...Len Dawson

    Joe Montana◀...or...Steve Young

    John Elway◀...or...Troy Aikman

    Otto Graham◀...or...Roger Staubach

    John Unitas◀...or...Terry Bradshaw

    Peyton Manning◀...or...Dan Marino

    Bart Starr...or...Brett Favre◀

    Sid Luckman◀...or...Sammy Baugh

    Cast Your Vote.

  • 1. Joe Montana

    and that ends the discussion for me

    No one is even close.

    If I had to pick a guy just on talent alone I'd pick Marino, but he wasn't a winner

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @browns149 said:

    1. Joe Montana

    and that ends the discussion for me

    No one is even close.

    If I had to pick a guy just on talent alone I'd pick Marino, but he wasn't a winner

    Unless you cast your votes it won't do you any good to just say who you like.

  • And here are the Matchups for the Round of 16:

    Tom Brady...or...Len Dawson

    Joe Montana...or...Steve Young

    John Elway...or...Troy Aikman

    Otto Graham...or...Roger Staubach

    John Unitas...or...Terry Bradshaw

    Peyton Manning...or...Dan Marino

    Bart Starr...or...Brett Favre

    Sid Luckman...or...Sammy Baugh

    Cast Your Vote.

    D Dste Ace wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @the-gipper said:

    And here are the Matchups for the Round of 16:

    Tom Brady...or...Len Dawson

    Joe Montana...or...Steve Young

    John Elway...or...Troy Aikman

    Otto Graham...or...Roger Staubach

    John Unitas...or...Terry Bradshaw

    Peyton Manning...or...Dan Marino

    Bart Starr...or...Brett Favre

    Sid Luckman...or...Sammy Baugh

    Cast Your Vote.

    Had to rely on Wikipedia for Sid Luckman--Sammy Baugh. I ain't THAT fucking old.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Tom Brady...or...Len Dawson



    Joe Montana...or...Steve Young



    John Elway...or...Troy Aikman



    Otto Graham...or...Roger Staubach



    John Unitas...or...Terry Bradshaw



    Peyton Manning...or...Dan Marino



    Bart Starr...or...Brett Favre



    Sid Luckman...or...Sammy Baugh


  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #49

    I think Jurgenson would have made into the second round, and Brees into the third round.

    Zombo

  • I think Jurgenson would have made into the second round, and Brees into the third round.

    Zombo

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Zombo said:

    I think Jurgenson would have made into the second round, and Brees into the third round.

    Zombo

    Yea, maybe. What can I say? I just overlooked them.

  • Zombo said:

    I think Jurgenson would have made into the second round, and Brees into the third round.

    Zombo

    Yea, maybe. What can I say? I just overlooked them.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, maybe. What can I say? I just overlooked them.

    Is that a short joke on Brees?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea, maybe. What can I say? I just overlooked them.

    Is that a short joke on Brees?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @gftchris said:

    Is that a short joke on Brees?

    Ah....NO. (but, yea, sorry, Doug Flutie didn't make the cut either.....unless I could have counted his CFL career).

  • And here are the Matchups for the Round of 16:

    Tom Brady...or...Len Dawson

    Joe Montana...or...Steve Young

    John Elway...or...Troy Aikman

    Otto Graham...or...Roger Staubach

    John Unitas...or...Terry Bradshaw

    Peyton Manning...or...Dan Marino

    Bart Starr...or...Brett Favre

    Sid Luckman...or...Sammy Baugh

    Cast Your Vote.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @the-gipper said:

    And here are the Matchups for the Round of 16:

    MY votes

    Tom Brady...or...Len Dawson

    Joe Montana...or...Steve Young

    John Elway...or...Troy Aikman

    Otto Graham...or...Roger Staubach

    John Unitas...or...Terry Bradshaw

    Peyton Manning...or...Dan Marino

    Bart Starr...or...Brett Favre

    Sid Luckman...or...Sammy Baugh

    Cast Your Vote.

  • greatest QB in my time, brian fucking sipe!

    (cheers WSS!)

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @miktoxic said:

    greatest QB in my time, brian fucking sipe!

    (cheers WSS!)

    😁

    WSS

  • @miktoxic said:

    greatest QB in my time, brian fucking sipe!

    (cheers WSS!)

    😁

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @westside-steve said:

    😁

    WSS

    Why don't you vote dude.