Skip to content

NO MORE QUARTER BACKS!

The Browns Board
63 25 2.3k
  • Could we please for one year not take a qb. Everyone say we have to take one why? Let's get skill first then the qb let's try that way. And maybe just maybe the long list of shitty qbs will be stopped. Go Hoyer!!

  • None of the QB's this year are worth the 4th pick. There will be way better players at 4 then one of the QB's

  • We didn't take a qb last year. Statement is invalid

  • We've had 10 top 10 picks since '99, the only QB we've taken is Couch. Are we even trying?

  • I figure if we had a line and a better coach in 99 we'd probably would've ben a hell of lot better over the years with Couch. But selective memory works wonders for people!

  • Steelers built their team with talent before finally adding their franchise QB. I guess this is what you are going for here in this thread. I'm not opposed to it. I'm not going to be upset if we take a QB at 4 either. The only thing that will piss me off is trading up

  • I remember my first opinion.

  • I remember my first opinion.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I remember my first opinion.

    the first out of 129,235,378,937. Hell of a memory TCPO
  • @mike-h said:

    Cocaine is a helluva drug

    So what are you not seeing in Hoyer that means we gotta, must take one of the top three? I'm seeing Tannehill good, maybe a tad better. #1 overall? Right now, that would be Winston #1, or Mariotta @ #3, and they're not in this draft.

  • Haven't we already been building the team with talent? There are six pro bowlers there in a 4-12 team after all

  • Haven't we already been building the team with talent? There are six pro bowlers there in a 4-12 team after all

    @londonbrown said:

    Haven't we already been building the team with talent? There are six pro bowlers there in a 4-12 team after all

    Exactly, we have a skilled team, and it isn't getting any younger. The Browns have 10 draft picks, how is using ONE of them on a QB a bad thing? Lets draft two OGs two CBs three ILBs a kicker a WR and a RB and go 5-11 next year.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Haven't we already been building the team with talent? There are six pro bowlers there in a 4-12 team after all

    Exactly, we have a skilled team, and it isn't getting any younger. The Browns have 10 draft picks, how is using ONE of them on a QB a bad thing? Lets draft two OGs two CBs three ILBs a kicker a WR and a RB and go 5-11 next year.

    @roycerolls said:

    Exactly, we have a skilled team, and it isn't getting any younger. The Browns have 10 draft picks, how is using ONE of them on a QB a bad thing? Lets draft two OGs two CBs three ILBs a kicker a WR and a RB and go 5-11 next year.

    It comes down to whether you think Brian Hoyer can take us to the playoffs and beyond. If you do, you don't draft a QB (at least not high, maybe a day 3 guy). If not, you go get that guy - or at least be 100% confident your guy is in the next draft and you can get him.

  • Here's what I know when hoyer was running that team they were different, and if you say otherwise you don't watch the browns. Plus he really wants to be there. And I'm not saying let's not take a qb we can just not in the first three rounds. Let's get more talent. And I believe that the rb is a bigger problem than the qb. And if we don't get Sammy, Gordon will look bad next year with double and triple teams all the time. Yes Cameron will take some pressure off him but with another awesome wideout teams will have to play us straight

  • I agree we definitely need another good WR and one if not two RBs. But this draft is very deep on both whereas there's a big drop off in QB ratings from the top 3.

  • Here's what I know when hoyer was running that team they were different, and if you say otherwise you don't watch the browns. Plus he really wants to be there. And I'm not saying let's not take a qb we can just not in the first three rounds. Let's get more talent. And I believe that the rb is a bigger problem than the qb. And if we don't get Sammy, Gordon will look bad next year with double and triple teams all the time. Yes Cameron will take some pressure off him but with another awesome wideout teams will have to play us straight

    @babernakle said:

    Here's what I know when hoyer was running that team they were different, and if you say otherwise you don't watch the browns. Plus he really wants to be there. And I'm not saying let's not take a qb we can just not in the first three rounds. Let's get more talent. And I believe that the rb is a bigger problem than the qb. And if we don't get Sammy, Gordon will look bad next year with double and triple teams all the time. Yes Cameron will take some pressure off him but with another awesome wideout teams will have to play us straight

    You suppose that teams weren't double and triple teaming him by the end of last season?

  • Here's what I know when hoyer was running that team they were different, and if you say otherwise you don't watch the browns. Plus he really wants to be there. And I'm not saying let's not take a qb we can just not in the first three rounds. Let's get more talent. And I believe that the rb is a bigger problem than the qb. And if we don't get Sammy, Gordon will look bad next year with double and triple teams all the time. Yes Cameron will take some pressure off him but with another awesome wideout teams will have to play us straight

    @babernakle said:

    Here's what I know when hoyer was running that team they were different, and if you say otherwise you don't watch the browns.

    Hoyer didn't even play 3 full games last year, let's pump the brakes.

    @babernakle said:

    And I'm not saying let's not take a qb we can just not in the first three rounds. Let's get more talent.

    Since when is the QB position not considered "talent"?

    @babernakle said:

    And I believe that the rb is a bigger problem than the qb.

    Maybe, but the RB position isn't nearly as important as the QB position.

    @babernakle said:

    And if we don't get Sammy, Gordon will look bad next year with double and triple teams all the time. Yes Cameron will take some pressure off him but with another awesome wideout teams will have to play us straight

    This is quite possibly the single most Retarded thing I've ever read on this board, and that's saying a lot.

  • Fellas I would resist kinda "planning" on Winston being anything right now, he into this baseball thing now and throwing a lot. he could get hurt or anything.

    Yea he should be ok,but next draft is a long ways off

    and the above poster is right in trying to say that without a QB you aint goin anywhere.I don't care if we draft a QB every other year till we get it right.so long as we don't give up on a guy too fast,which I don't think has happend

  • these top 3 QBs i think will all drop off by draft day and the OL and D players will flood the top 5. so if it's a D player that's the best player available @ 4 will all you little johnny boy queefs scream to trade down, when a week ago you would NEVER trade down?

    what a bunch of fags.

    build the team around hoyer for now and if it doesn't work out then throw all your chips in for the new golden boy next year. i'm sure if we drafted manziel and he sucked ass from day one you'll all be screaming for hundley or mariota next year.

    by the way teams that have drafted WRs in the top 10 have not won a super bowl since 1971. think about that watkins fans.

  • Look what happened to aj green, and megaton teams double him unless you have a great cb like Hayden. And we have a chance to get the top two prospects at there positions. If the qb talent was better then ok take one, but Johnny, bortols, Carr,and bridgewater, come on. In two years will any of them start?

  • Choosing a QB any year is always a gamble. A gamble you have to take if you want to win. There are never any guarantees.