Skip to content

Y'all smell that?

The Browns Board
35 14 1.7k
  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    If the NFL didnt want a team in Cleveland, there wouldnt be a team in Cleveland. The NFL didnt want the Browns to move. Browns fans come in droves to get shit served to em, smile, and come back the next week for more shit.

    laugh my fucking ass off....that's one way to look at it yes. Not an invalid point I grant you. Still think though that if they could get away with it they'd move the Browns in a heartbeat "IF" it's to a place like L.A. Obviously there's a few teams more ripe for that move, but still...if the opportunity was there, they'd take it imo. I have zero doubt about it. They have their AFC North rivalry between the steelers and Ravens which makes them their money...they don't "need" a team in Cleveland. Imo one of the big reasons why there's still a team in Cleveland is that who do you replace the team with in the North?

    @clevfan4life said:

    laugh my fucking ass off....that's one way to look at it yes. Not an invalid point I grant you. Still think though that if they could get away with it they'd move the Browns in a heartbeat "IF" it's to a place like L.A. Obviously there's a few teams more ripe for that move, but still...if the opportunity was there, they'd take it imo. I have zero doubt about it. They have their AFC North rivalry between the steelers and Ravens which makes them their money...they don't "need" a team in Cleveland. Imo one of the big reasons why there's still a team in Cleveland is that who do you replace the team with in the North?

    just goes to show you how young you are. obviously you know squadoosh about the HISTORY of the cleveland browns. what are you 16? no way the NFL would ever think about moving this team EVER again. so stop your shit.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    laugh my fucking ass off....that's one way to look at it yes. Not an invalid point I grant you. Still think though that if they could get away with it they'd move the Browns in a heartbeat "IF" it's to a place like L.A. Obviously there's a few teams more ripe for that move, but still...if the opportunity was there, they'd take it imo. I have zero doubt about it. They have their AFC North rivalry between the steelers and Ravens which makes them their money...they don't "need" a team in Cleveland. Imo one of the big reasons why there's still a team in Cleveland is that who do you replace the team with in the North?

    just goes to show you how young you are. obviously you know squadoosh about the HISTORY of the cleveland browns. what are you 16? no way the NFL would ever think about moving this team EVER again. so stop your shit.

    @miktoxic said:

    just goes to show you how young you are. obviously you know squadoosh about the HISTORY of the cleveland browns. what are you 16? no way the NFL would ever think about moving this team EVER again. so stop your shit.

    i'm 36...and no I won't stop cause I think there's a smidgen of truth to it. The NFL wants to expand and it may need to cull teams from small markets that aren't doing well and don't show signs of ever doing well. I would think Cleveland at this point in time would qualify for this. The NFL has big plans to expand overseas, here the market is saturated...football is god and it's great and everything, but it's not gonna grow much more cause like I said already god. But overseas people don't get it and that bugs the shit out of the NFL....why else do they continue to play games in London when it's only americans showing up to watch? Why do they keep talking about a team in Toronto when clearly Canadians as a whole could give a flying fuck about football when Hockey takes up 9 months of their lives every year. Beleive me I would love to think that the Browns are sacrosanct but i'm not naive enough anymore to think that given the right circumstances, meaning the right money is on teh table, a bunch of franchises could be uprooted.

  • @miktoxic said:

    just goes to show you how young you are. obviously you know squadoosh about the HISTORY of the cleveland browns. what are you 16? no way the NFL would ever think about moving this team EVER again. so stop your shit.

    i'm 36...and no I won't stop cause I think there's a smidgen of truth to it. The NFL wants to expand and it may need to cull teams from small markets that aren't doing well and don't show signs of ever doing well. I would think Cleveland at this point in time would qualify for this. The NFL has big plans to expand overseas, here the market is saturated...football is god and it's great and everything, but it's not gonna grow much more cause like I said already god. But overseas people don't get it and that bugs the shit out of the NFL....why else do they continue to play games in London when it's only americans showing up to watch? Why do they keep talking about a team in Toronto when clearly Canadians as a whole could give a flying fuck about football when Hockey takes up 9 months of their lives every year. Beleive me I would love to think that the Browns are sacrosanct but i'm not naive enough anymore to think that given the right circumstances, meaning the right money is on teh table, a bunch of franchises could be uprooted.

    @clevfan4life said:

    i'm 36...and no I won't stop cause I think there's a smidgen of truth to it. The NFL wants to expand and it may need to cull teams from small markets that aren't doing well and don't show signs of ever doing well. I would think Cleveland at this point in time would qualify for this. The NFL has big plans to expand overseas, here the market is saturated...football is god and it's great and everything, but it's not gonna grow much more cause like I said already god. But overseas people don't get it and that bugs the shit out of the NFL....why else do they continue to play games in London when it's only americans showing up to watch? Why do they keep talking about a team in Toronto when clearly Canadians as a whole could give a flying fuck about football when Hockey takes up 9 months of their lives every year. Beleive me I would love to think that the Browns are sacrosanct but i'm not naive enough anymore to think that given the right circumstances, meaning the right money is on teh table, a bunch of franchises could be uprooted.

    Here's your numbers guy- just forget about the Browns ever being moved again- at least in your lifetime. Any teams getting moved- it's the Raiders, Jacksonville, or the Chargers (Mark-O would tell you the Chargers lease is up and they're in no compunction to stay in SD if they want to move). The Browns are in the top 1\2 (despite 14 years of suckage) in attendance, both home and away. If you just went by pure numbers I can make a case it's more likely to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

  • @clevfan4life said:

    i'm 36...and no I won't stop cause I think there's a smidgen of truth to it. The NFL wants to expand and it may need to cull teams from small markets that aren't doing well and don't show signs of ever doing well. I would think Cleveland at this point in time would qualify for this. The NFL has big plans to expand overseas, here the market is saturated...football is god and it's great and everything, but it's not gonna grow much more cause like I said already god. But overseas people don't get it and that bugs the shit out of the NFL....why else do they continue to play games in London when it's only americans showing up to watch? Why do they keep talking about a team in Toronto when clearly Canadians as a whole could give a flying fuck about football when Hockey takes up 9 months of their lives every year. Beleive me I would love to think that the Browns are sacrosanct but i'm not naive enough anymore to think that given the right circumstances, meaning the right money is on teh table, a bunch of franchises could be uprooted.

    Here's your numbers guy- just forget about the Browns ever being moved again- at least in your lifetime. Any teams getting moved- it's the Raiders, Jacksonville, or the Chargers (Mark-O would tell you the Chargers lease is up and they're in no compunction to stay in SD if they want to move). The Browns are in the top 1\2 (despite 14 years of suckage) in attendance, both home and away. If you just went by pure numbers I can make a case it's more likely to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

    @hoorta said:

    Here's your numbers guy- just forget about the Browns ever being moved again- at least in your lifetime. Any teams getting moved- it's the Raiders, Jacksonville, or the Chargers (Mark-O would tell you the Chargers lease is up and they're in no compunction to stay in SD if they want to move). The Browns are in the top 1\2 (despite 14 years of suckage) in attendance, both home and away. If you just went by pure numbers I can make a case it's more likely to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

    The Chargers and Rams will be playing in LA in the very near future. Most likely in the same stadium, I'm betting it's going to be on the land that the Rams owner just bought not far from the old Forum where the Lakers used to play.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    i'm 36...and no I won't stop cause I think there's a smidgen of truth to it. The NFL wants to expand and it may need to cull teams from small markets that aren't doing well and don't show signs of ever doing well. I would think Cleveland at this point in time would qualify for this. The NFL has big plans to expand overseas, here the market is saturated...football is god and it's great and everything, but it's not gonna grow much more cause like I said already god. But overseas people don't get it and that bugs the shit out of the NFL....why else do they continue to play games in London when it's only americans showing up to watch? Why do they keep talking about a team in Toronto when clearly Canadians as a whole could give a flying fuck about football when Hockey takes up 9 months of their lives every year. Beleive me I would love to think that the Browns are sacrosanct but i'm not naive enough anymore to think that given the right circumstances, meaning the right money is on teh table, a bunch of franchises could be uprooted.

    Here's your numbers guy- just forget about the Browns ever being moved again- at least in your lifetime. Any teams getting moved- it's the Raiders, Jacksonville, or the Chargers (Mark-O would tell you the Chargers lease is up and they're in no compunction to stay in SD if they want to move). The Browns are in the top 1\2 (despite 14 years of suckage) in attendance, both home and away. If you just went by pure numbers I can make a case it's more likely to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

    @hoorta said:

    Here's your numbers guy- just forget about the Browns ever being moved again- at least in your lifetime. Any teams getting moved- it's the Raiders, Jacksonville, or the Chargers (Mark-O would tell you the Chargers lease is up and they're in no compunction to stay in SD if they want to move). The Browns are in the top 1\2 (despite 14 years of suckage) in attendance, both home and away. If you just went by pure numbers I can make a case it's more likely to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

    Yep your right, despite all the suckage, Cleveland has too big of a fan base and makes way to much moolah to uproot the franchise. NEVER gonna happen, at least not in our lifetime.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    i'm 36...and no I won't stop cause I think there's a smidgen of truth to it. The NFL wants to expand and it may need to cull teams from small markets that aren't doing well and don't show signs of ever doing well. I would think Cleveland at this point in time would qualify for this. The NFL has big plans to expand overseas, here the market is saturated...football is god and it's great and everything, but it's not gonna grow much more cause like I said already god. But overseas people don't get it and that bugs the shit out of the NFL....why else do they continue to play games in London when it's only americans showing up to watch? Why do they keep talking about a team in Toronto when clearly Canadians as a whole could give a flying fuck about football when Hockey takes up 9 months of their lives every year. Beleive me I would love to think that the Browns are sacrosanct but i'm not naive enough anymore to think that given the right circumstances, meaning the right money is on teh table, a bunch of franchises could be uprooted.

    Here's your numbers guy- just forget about the Browns ever being moved again- at least in your lifetime. Any teams getting moved- it's the Raiders, Jacksonville, or the Chargers (Mark-O would tell you the Chargers lease is up and they're in no compunction to stay in SD if they want to move). The Browns are in the top 1\2 (despite 14 years of suckage) in attendance, both home and away. If you just went by pure numbers I can make a case it's more likely to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

    @hoorta said:

    Here's your numbers guy- just forget about the Browns ever being moved again- at least in your lifetime. Any teams getting moved- it's the Raiders, Jacksonville, or the Chargers (Mark-O would tell you the Chargers lease is up and they're in no compunction to stay in SD if they want to move). The Browns are in the top 1\2 (despite 14 years of suckage) in attendance, both home and away. If you just went by pure numbers I can make a case it's more likely to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

    wow, pgh's really 30th in the league on that list? wut? and you go back a couple years, when they were playing very very good football...they're still not better than the mid 20's. Anyway, it's good news....i certainly knew we had one of the better attendance records in the NFL. But I'm still wondering how much we're worth to the NFL. I know the team makes good gate obviously. I just wonder where we are brand wise. I hate to say it but I would think the Steelers are a much more valuable "brand" to the NFL than we are currently.

  • Cleveland fan my ass there not going anywhere,shove $hitsburg ou your rear.Find somewhere else to preach you gloom and doom

  • @miktoxic said:

    just goes to show you how young you are. obviously you know squadoosh about the HISTORY of the cleveland browns. what are you 16? no way the NFL would ever think about moving this team EVER again. so stop your shit.

    i'm 36...and no I won't stop cause I think there's a smidgen of truth to it. The NFL wants to expand and it may need to cull teams from small markets that aren't doing well and don't show signs of ever doing well. I would think Cleveland at this point in time would qualify for this. The NFL has big plans to expand overseas, here the market is saturated...football is god and it's great and everything, but it's not gonna grow much more cause like I said already god. But overseas people don't get it and that bugs the shit out of the NFL....why else do they continue to play games in London when it's only americans showing up to watch? Why do they keep talking about a team in Toronto when clearly Canadians as a whole could give a flying fuck about football when Hockey takes up 9 months of their lives every year. Beleive me I would love to think that the Browns are sacrosanct but i'm not naive enough anymore to think that given the right circumstances, meaning the right money is on teh table, a bunch of franchises could be uprooted.

    @clevfan4life said:

    i'm 36...and no I won't stop cause I think there's a smidgen of truth to it. The NFL wants to expand and it may need to cull teams from small markets that aren't doing well and don't show signs of ever doing well.

    You don't get it. "Doing well" to the NFL mean not making enough money. Not selling out. It has nothing to do with the size of the town or the record on the field. Teams that are not doing well by NFL standards would be teams like Oakland or Jax. Not Cleveland.

    I would think Cleveland at this point in time would qualify for this. The NFL has big plans to expand overseas, here the market is saturated...football is god and it's great and everything, but it's not gonna grow much more cause like I said already god. But overseas people don't get it and that bugs the shit out of the NFL....why else do they continue to play games in London when it's only americans showing up to watch? Why do they keep talking about a team in Toronto when clearly Canadians as a whole could give a flying fuck about football when Hockey takes up 9 months of their lives every year. Beleive me I would love to think that the Browns are sacrosanct but i'm not naive enough anymore to think that given the right circumstances, meaning the right money is on teh table, a bunch of franchises could be uprooted.

    One or two could be. And Oakland is making noise about moving back to LA. As for the US being saturated? Not true. The US could easily support 4 more franchises...if the Raiders stayed in Oakland you could put expansion teams in LA, San Antonio/Austin, Portland, Salt Lake City. Here is the Nielsen DMA by which they would go by:

    http://www.tvb.org/media/file/TVB_Market_Profiles_Nielsen_TVHH_DMA_Ranks_2013-2014.pdf

    They would probably on pick 2 of those...and yes would probably cream their jeans over the thought of Toronto or London UK...

    but they ain't leaving Cleveland, which is one of the Top 20 DMAs.

  • @hoorta said:

    Here's your numbers guy- just forget about the Browns ever being moved again- at least in your lifetime. Any teams getting moved- it's the Raiders, Jacksonville, or the Chargers (Mark-O would tell you the Chargers lease is up and they're in no compunction to stay in SD if they want to move). The Browns are in the top 1\2 (despite 14 years of suckage) in attendance, both home and away. If you just went by pure numbers I can make a case it's more likely to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

    wow, pgh's really 30th in the league on that list? wut? and you go back a couple years, when they were playing very very good football...they're still not better than the mid 20's. Anyway, it's good news....i certainly knew we had one of the better attendance records in the NFL. But I'm still wondering how much we're worth to the NFL. I know the team makes good gate obviously. I just wonder where we are brand wise. I hate to say it but I would think the Steelers are a much more valuable "brand" to the NFL than we are currently.

    @clevfan4life said:

    wow, pgh's really 30th in the league on that list? wut? and you go back a couple years, when they were playing very very good football...they're still not better than the mid 20's. Anyway, it's good news....i certainly knew we had one of the better attendance records in the NFL. But I'm still wondering how much we're worth to the NFL. I know the team makes good gate obviously. I just wonder where we are brand wise. I hate to say it but I would think the Steelers are a much more valuable "brand" to the NFL than we are currently.

    The Steelers are 30th because they play in one of the 3 smallest stadiums in the NFL. They could have built more seats when they built PNC, but they didn't want to so that the demand for their tickets stayed high.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    wow, pgh's really 30th in the league on that list? wut? and you go back a couple years, when they were playing very very good football...they're still not better than the mid 20's. Anyway, it's good news....i certainly knew we had one of the better attendance records in the NFL. But I'm still wondering how much we're worth to the NFL. I know the team makes good gate obviously. I just wonder where we are brand wise. I hate to say it but I would think the Steelers are a much more valuable "brand" to the NFL than we are currently.

    The Steelers are 30th because they play in one of the 3 smallest stadiums in the NFL. They could have built more seats when they built PNC, but they didn't want to so that the demand for their tickets stayed high.

    @the-gipper said:

    The Steelers are 30th because they play in one of the 3 smallest stadiums in the NFL. They could have built more seats when they built PNC, but they didn't want to so that the demand for their tickets stayed high.

    ahh, they're listing at as raw numbers and not percentage of seats filled. Makes sense I guess.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Steelers are 30th because they play in one of the 3 smallest stadiums in the NFL. They could have built more seats when they built PNC, but they didn't want to so that the demand for their tickets stayed high.

    ahh, they're listing at as raw numbers and not percentage of seats filled. Makes sense I guess.

    @clevfan4life said:

    ahh, they're listing at as raw numbers and not percentage of seats filled. Makes sense I guess.

    what they should have done was compare incomes. Thats all that really matters if u think about it.
  • @clevfan4life said:

    ahh, they're listing at as raw numbers and not percentage of seats filled. Makes sense I guess.

    what they should have done was compare incomes. Thats all that really matters if u think about it.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    what they should have done was compare incomes. Thats all that really matters if u think about it.

    well in some ways that "could" skew the facts. I have no idea what shittspuke ticket prices are but if they're substantially higher than Cleveland than they could theoretically pull in as much gate as the Browns do with lesser attendance. I'm pretty sure merchandise wise the steelers do significantly better than the Browns. I don't where the Browns are ranked but Shittspuke is 9th in team merchanidse. That can't be all pgh people.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    ahh, they're listing at as raw numbers and not percentage of seats filled. Makes sense I guess.

    what they should have done was compare incomes. Thats all that really matters if u think about it.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    what they should have done was compare incomes. Thats all that really matters if u think about it.

    Most NFL teams are privately held businesses not public....except for the Packers, and they will by NO means ever disclose their income/loss/profit figures.

  • I don't where the Browns are ranked but Shittspuke is 9th in team merchanidse. That can't be all pgh people

    FRAKS.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    what they should have done was compare incomes. Thats all that really matters if u think about it.

    well in some ways that "could" skew the facts. I have no idea what shittspuke ticket prices are but if they're substantially higher than Cleveland than they could theoretically pull in as much gate as the Browns do with lesser attendance. I'm pretty sure merchandise wise the steelers do significantly better than the Browns. I don't where the Browns are ranked but Shittspuke is 9th in team merchanidse. That can't be all pgh people.

    @clevfan4life said:

    well in some ways that "could" skew the facts. I have no idea what shittspuke ticket prices are but if they're substantially higher than Cleveland than they could theoretically pull in as much gate as the Browns do with lesser attendance. I'm pretty sure merchandise wise the steelers do significantly better than the Browns. I don't where the Browns are ranked but Shittspuke is 9th in team merchanidse. That can't be all pgh people.

    who cares? Its all about the mighty dollar in the end.
  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    what they should have done was compare incomes. Thats all that really matters if u think about it.

    Most NFL teams are privately held businesses not public....except for the Packers, and they will by NO means ever disclose their income/loss/profit figures.

    @the-gipper said:

    Most NFL teams are privately held businesses not public....except for the Packers, and they will by NO means ever disclose their income/loss/profit figures.

    did not know this though...
  • Here is the rank of the Nielsen DMAs (Designated Market Areas) as of 1/1/2014 for each NFL team:

    1. Giants/Jets NYC

    3. Bears...Chicago

    4. Eagles...Philly

    5. Cowboys...Dallas/Ft. Worth

    6. 49ers/Raiders...San Fran/San Jose/Oak.

    7. Patriots... Boston/Manchester

    8. Redskins...Washington D.C

    9. Falcons...Atlanta

    10. Texans...Houston

    11. Lions...Detroit

    12. Cardinals...Phoenix/Prescott

    13. Seahawks...Seatlle/Tacoma

    14. Buccaneers...Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota

    15. Vikings...Minneapolis/St. Paul

    16. Dolphins...Miami/Ft. Lauderdale

    17. Broncos...Denver

    19. Browns...Cleveland/Akron/Canton

    21. Rams...St. Louis

    23. Steelers...Pittsburgh

    25. Panthers...Charlotte

    26. Colts...Indianapolis

    27. Ravens...Baltimore

    28. Chargers...San Diego

    29. Titans...Nashville

    31. Chiefs...Kansas City

    35. Bengals...Cincinnati

    48. Jaguars...Jacksonville

    51. Saints...New Orleans

    52. Bills...Buffalo

    70. Packers...Green Bay

  • Here is the DMA rank of various cities that do not have NFL teams:

    2. Los Angeles....bigger than 29 other NFL markets

    18. Orlando/Daytona...bigger than 14 other NFL Markets

    20. Sacramento...bigger than 13 other NFL Markets

    22. Portland...bigger than 12 other NFL Markets

    24. Raleigh/Durham...bigger than 11 other NFL markets

    30. Hartford/New Haven...bigger than 6 other NFL markets

    32. Columbus...bigger than 5 other NFL markets (including Cinci)

    33. Salt Lake City...bigger than 5 other NFL markets

    34. Milwaukee...bigger than 5 other NFL markets

    36. San Antonio...Bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    37. Greenville/Spartanburgh...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    38. West Palm Beach...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    39. Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Battle Creek...bigger that 4 other NFL markets

    40. Austin...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    41. Oklahoma City...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    42. Las Vegas...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    43. Harrisburg...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    44. Birmingham...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    45. Norfolk/Va. Beach...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    46. Greensboro/High Pt....bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    47. Albequerque/Santa Fe...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    49. Louisville...bigger than 3 other NFL markets

    50. Memphis...bigger than 3 other NFL markets

    And all of the following are bigger than the Green Bay/Appleton DMA:

    Providence

    Wilkes Barre/Scranton

    Fresno

    Little Rock

    Richmond

    Albany

    Mobile/Pensacola

    Tulsa

    Knoxville

    Dayton

    Charleston W. Va.

    Roanoake/Lynchburg

    Wichita

    Flint

    Honolulu

  • Stoolers were ranked 28th at 88.2% capacity, they also set record lows in individual games over the past 2 seasons... lowest ever in 2012 against the Browns and second lowest last year.

    Try 15 years of losing football Pittspuke.. Browns fans are the most loyal there is Steelers fans are Fraks.

    http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/12/15/On-the-Steelers-How-low-can-attendance-go/stories/201312150100

  • Here is the DMA rank of various cities that do not have NFL teams:

    2. Los Angeles....bigger than 29 other NFL markets

    18. Orlando/Daytona...bigger than 14 other NFL Markets

    20. Sacramento...bigger than 13 other NFL Markets

    22. Portland...bigger than 12 other NFL Markets

    24. Raleigh/Durham...bigger than 11 other NFL markets

    30. Hartford/New Haven...bigger than 6 other NFL markets

    32. Columbus...bigger than 5 other NFL markets (including Cinci)

    33. Salt Lake City...bigger than 5 other NFL markets

    34. Milwaukee...bigger than 5 other NFL markets

    36. San Antonio...Bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    37. Greenville/Spartanburgh...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    38. West Palm Beach...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    39. Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Battle Creek...bigger that 4 other NFL markets

    40. Austin...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    41. Oklahoma City...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    42. Las Vegas...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    43. Harrisburg...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    44. Birmingham...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    45. Norfolk/Va. Beach...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    46. Greensboro/High Pt....bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    47. Albequerque/Santa Fe...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    49. Louisville...bigger than 3 other NFL markets

    50. Memphis...bigger than 3 other NFL markets

    And all of the following are bigger than the Green Bay/Appleton DMA:

    Providence

    Wilkes Barre/Scranton

    Fresno

    Little Rock

    Richmond

    Albany

    Mobile/Pensacola

    Tulsa

    Knoxville

    Dayton

    Charleston W. Va.

    Roanoake/Lynchburg

    Wichita

    Flint

    Honolulu

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is the DMA rank of various cities that do not have NFL teams:

    2. Los Angeles....bigger than 29 other NFL markets

    18. Orlando/Daytona...bigger than 14 other NFL Markets

    20. Sacramento...bigger than 13 other NFL Markets

    22. Portland...bigger than 12 other NFL Markets

    24. Raleigh/Durham...bigger than 11 other NFL markets

    30. Hartford/New Haven...bigger than 6 other NFL markets

    32. Columbus...bigger than 5 other NFL markets (including Cinci)

    33. Salt Lake City...bigger than 5 other NFL markets

    34. Milwaukee...bigger than 5 other NFL markets

    36. San Antonio...Bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    37. Greenville/Spartanburgh...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    38. West Palm Beach...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    39. Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Battle Creek...bigger that 4 other NFL markets

    40. Austin...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    41. Oklahoma City...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    42. Las Vegas...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    43. Harrisburg...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    44. Birmingham...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    45. Norfolk/Va. Beach...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    46. Greensboro/High Pt....bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    47. Albequerque/Santa Fe...bigger than 4 other NFL markets

    49. Louisville...bigger than 3 other NFL markets

    50. Memphis...bigger than 3 other NFL markets

    Dayton

    Yes, but Gip. A lot of those smaller markets overlap a bigger one. You have the Carolina Panthers, not the Charlotte Panthers, and the Tennessee Titans, not the Nashville Titans. Think of the NFL's 75 mile blackout rule. Dayton is considered part of Cinci's market, so the Browns are always preempted by those damn Bungles- though Columbus is not. Toledo and Ann Arbor are part of the Detroit market. Baltimore and Washington DC's markets overlap.