Browns want Edelman, Shields and Schaub
-
i call bullshit.
-
Free Agency will totally effect our draft options. We have too many holes to fill. I DO NOT want a QB in the 1st round. Would not mind BPA with the 1st pick. someone who comes in and makes an impact and improves the team.
Free Agency will totally effect our draft options. We have too many holes to fill. I DO NOT want a QB in the 1st round. Would not mind BPA with the 1st pick. someone who comes in and makes an impact and improves the team.
This is the draft of all drafts to trade down in. I hope we trade down twice in the first round. I know I am in the minority but you can accumulate some serious talent in this draft with the number of 1st and 2nd round picks you would have with trade downs.
-
Shields signed with Green Bay
-
Free Agency will totally effect our draft options. We have too many holes to fill. I DO NOT want a QB in the 1st round. Would not mind BPA with the 1st pick. someone who comes in and makes an impact and improves the team.
This is the draft of all drafts to trade down in. I hope we trade down twice in the first round. I know I am in the minority but you can accumulate some serious talent in this draft with the number of 1st and 2nd round picks you would have with trade downs.
This is the draft of all drafts to trade down in. I hope we trade down twice in the first round. I know I am in the minority but you can accumulate some serious talent in this draft with the number of 1st and 2nd round picks you would have with trade downs.
I agree if Minnesota want to move up and grab our 4th for their 8th and 2nd rounder I am all for it ......
-
This is the draft of all drafts to trade down in. I hope we trade down twice in the first round. I know I am in the minority but you can accumulate some serious talent in this draft with the number of 1st and 2nd round picks you would have with trade downs.
I agree if Minnesota want to move up and grab our 4th for their 8th and 2nd rounder I am all for it ......
-
Why would the pats let edleman go?
-
-
-
-
hey don't be surprised if farmer doesn't pull that out of his ass.
-
-
-
And in real life that never happens
I know, it is however realistic to think we could pick up a 2nd round pick from Atlanta or Minnesota in a tradedown if their guy is on the board at 4 and that I would do in a heartbeat.
-
In a draft this deep that is never going to happen.
There is a good chance Atlanta has a love affair with Clowney and Minnesota with one of the QB's. If either of them are there at 4 there is a good chance we pick up a 2nd rounder. I have no delusion of picking up two extra 2nds in real life.
-
we all know how those second rounders turn out.....
-
Edelman... no thanks. He's a product of Belichick/Brady
Shields... re-signed in GB
Schaub... I had to really think about this one before weighing in, but I'd be happy if he signed in Cleveland. He has been a starter 7 years in the NFL and racked up 4,000 yds 3 times, a career 130 - 84 TD-INT ratio, and solid passer ratings in 6 of those 7 years. Last year he struggled, but at 31 years old he's not done and he should have something left to offer.
I wouldn't promise Schaub a starting job b/c I would still want him to beat out Hoyer in camp, but I'd love to have that security to get rid of Weeden and Campbell. Plus, this is Hoyer's last year under contract so if he proves to be worthless, we would have something else there AND if he proves to be the future QB, we have a good veteran backup and security to draft somebody who we can develop. Having said all that, I would not only offer Schaub a contract, but I would also draft one of those 1st round QBs. Imagine Schaub/Hoyer/Bortles... That would give us 2-3 years to develop our rookie, who has a very high ceiling... The other option is to keep Schaub/Hoyer this year, and draft your guy next year, but ANY team that is looking into "next year's draft" for their QB is not looking to win any time soon...
-
http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/11/matt-schaub-cleveland-browns-free-agency/
Did a morning search on Browns news and found this, much to my dismay. I just see it as another Jake Delhomme situation. Meh!
-
http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/11/matt-schaub-cleveland-browns-free-agency/
Did a morning search on Browns news and found this, much to my dismay. I just see it as another Jake Delhomme situation. Meh!
http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/11/matt-schaub-cleveland-browns-free-agency/
Did a morning search on Browns news and found this, much to my dismay. I just see it as another Jake Delhomme situation. Meh!
Ya, it feels like Delhommo, he's 34 and coming off a terrible decline year.
But ... he's a two time Pro Bowler with experience in Shanny's offense.
He would compete with Hoyer to start (I think Hoyer beats him out) ... which means we would roll the dice on #4 QB, but instead grab a Sammy Watkins and hanve a veteran passer throwing to Watkins, Gordon, Cameron. That doesn't sound bad. The QB will come ... let's get competitive again for chrissakes.
Zombo
-
Schaub is a “serious possibility” for the Browns
Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2014, 8:32 AM EDT
AP
The Factory of Sadness seems to be planning another stellar product line for 2014; perhaps they’ll dub it the “Pick 6.”
With quarterback a clear need and new offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan having a prior relationship with Texans quarterback Matt Schaub, Schaub could become the next quarterback to join the Browns.
Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports that Schaub is a “serious possibility” for the Browns.
Schaub had some strong years with Shanahan, but based on a horrible 2013 season Schaub seems to be broken beyond repair. For that reason, he wouldn’t be handed the job in Cleveland. He’d have to compete with Brian Hoyer, who’s recovering from a torn ACL.
Currently the property of the Texans, Schaub isn’t available unless and until he’s released. With a cap number north of $14 million, that’s likely to happen, barring a pay cut so big that Ike Taylor would say, “Damn, that guy took a big pay cut.”
The Texans could create $10 million in cap space (as of June 1) by cutting Schaub with the post-June 1 designation. The team would carry $3.5 million in dead money for 2014 before absorbing a $7 million cap charge in 2015.
It’s unclear whether acquiring Schaub would take the Browns out of play for a first-round quarterback. Much of it depends on how much they pay Schaub. The less he gets, the more likely that the Browns are hoping to throw other teams off the scent of the possibility that the team will use the No. 4 pick in round one on a quarterback.
-
How many times can the Browns bring in past their prime QB's before they learn the lesson? If Schaub is brought in and is made the starter we might as well start looking at 2015 top prospects.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login