Skip to content

Remove this guy from draft consideration?

The Browns Board
19 13 870
  • @downsouthkc said:

    Hmmm ... not sure why you even posted this? The dude is definitely not an OG prospect, he is a LT all the way. We are not in the market for one of those and he ain't going to be sitting there at 26 anyways. I think this was just a chance to take a shot at Michigan.

    And, what is the problem with that?

    He won't slip more than a couple spots. It might push someone towards Robinson or Matthews and he may be the 3rd LT off the board but by most accounts he would have gone 2nd or 3rd anyways.

    Besides, I was under the understanding that he could a person that could swing between Guard and Tackle. We have been talking about improving that side of the line....so I don't think the Browns front office...who after all the ones doing the picking, have crossed him off their board.

    @the-gipper said:

    @downsouthkc said:

    Hmmm ... not sure why you even posted this? The dude is definitely not an OG prospect, he is a LT all the way. We are not in the market for one of those and he ain't going to be sitting there at 26 anyways. I think this was just a chance to take a shot at Michigan.

    And, what is the problem with that?

    He won't slip more than a couple spots. It might push someone towards Robinson or Matthews and he may be the 3rd LT off the board but by most accounts he would have gone 2nd or 3rd anyways.

    Besides, I was under the understanding that he could a person that could swing between Guard and Tackle. We have been talking about improving that side of the line....so I don't think the Browns front office...who after all the ones doing the picking, have crossed him off their board.

    People can slip from guard to tackle just like TE's can slip to WR. It's not preferable, but it can work in a pinch.

    Tackles tend to have longer arms and greater lateral agility, guards are usually stouter and are better run blockers.

    Schwartz is a guard playing tackle. He needs to be moved inside.

  • @the-gipper said:

    @downsouthkc said:

    Hmmm ... not sure why you even posted this? The dude is definitely not an OG prospect, he is a LT all the way. We are not in the market for one of those and he ain't going to be sitting there at 26 anyways. I think this was just a chance to take a shot at Michigan.

    And, what is the problem with that?

    He won't slip more than a couple spots. It might push someone towards Robinson or Matthews and he may be the 3rd LT off the board but by most accounts he would have gone 2nd or 3rd anyways.

    Besides, I was under the understanding that he could a person that could swing between Guard and Tackle. We have been talking about improving that side of the line....so I don't think the Browns front office...who after all the ones doing the picking, have crossed him off their board.

    People can slip from guard to tackle just like TE's can slip to WR. It's not preferable, but it can work in a pinch.

    Tackles tend to have longer arms and greater lateral agility, guards are usually stouter and are better run blockers.

    Schwartz is a guard playing tackle. He needs to be moved inside.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    People can slip from guard to tackle just like TE's can slip to WR. It's not preferable, but it can work in a pinch.

    Tackles tend to have longer arms and greater lateral agility, guards are usually stouter and are better run blockers.

    Schwartz is a guard playing tackle. He needs to be moved inside.

    Ryan Tucker did very well for a few years after moving from tackle to guard. Hopefully we can keep our investment in Schwartz and improve the line with a qualified tackle.

    WSS

  • Lewan isn't a guard

    Gipper doesn't like Michigan. You should listen to him talk about rating schools academically, lol . That gets the bias just flowing out of him

  • Lewan isn't a guard

    Gipper doesn't like Michigan. You should listen to him talk about rating schools academically, lol . That gets the bias just flowing out of him

    @mld-woody said:

    Lewan isn't a guard

    Gipper doesn't like Michigan. You should listen to him talk about rating schools academically, lol . That gets the bias just flowing out of him

    Yes, I rated schools that are better academically than Michigan higher than Michigan. That is what rankings are supposed to be all about.

    I didn't rate those schools to better than Michigan at football or basketball, but at academics.

    And yes, Michigan is a rival....but if anyone gives them credence arounf here (besides you) it is likely me. The greatest coach in their history is from my hometown. I am good friends with a guy that is the father of one of their star running backs who played some years ago. I am a casual acquaintance with the guy that runs or did run their ticketing department. (In fact the same guy that introduced me to my wife also introduced the brother of a couple of former Michigan basketball twin stars to his wife).

    Michigan has not been crossed off my own sons list of schools to attend grad school at. Maybe I can change that. (and yes, he as an undergraduate he attended one of those schools that is better academically).

    Look, it is not my fault that you made the mistake of attending that school, so quit blaming your foibles on the rest of us.

  • My whole thought on the situation is that he's covering his ass over what happened. He was one of the guys in the fight that got thrown out for throwing punches and then he is charged for assaulting two Ohio State fans in Ann Arbor after the game is over. He claims that he was breaking up the fight? When he was just involved in a fight on the field hours before? That is what seemed fishy to me. I can understand that sometimes things happen and people get charged for things that they didn't do, but I find it hard in this instance to believe his version of what happened.

  • On a similar note:

    http://ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1622789

    Former Ohio State offensive lineman Reid Fragel was arrested early Friday morning for OVI according to Ohio State University Police reports. - See more at: http://ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1622789#sthash.F3mvJQjt.dpuf

    @gftchris said:

    On a similar note:

    http://ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1622789

    Former Ohio State offensive lineman Reid Fragel was arrested early Friday morning for OVI according to Ohio State University Police reports. - See more at: http://ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1622789#sthash.F3mvJQjt.dpuf

    Did you read your own link? Fragel wasn't driving.

    I urge you to stop spreading gossip about people. Your post is a lie. Is anything you type ever factually correct?

    If that isn't the impression you want people to have.. then do your research.

  • @gftchris said:

    On a similar note:

    http://ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1622789

    Former Ohio State offensive lineman Reid Fragel was arrested early Friday morning for OVI according to Ohio State University Police reports. - See more at: http://ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1622789#sthash.F3mvJQjt.dpuf

    Did you read your own link? Fragel wasn't driving.

    I urge you to stop spreading gossip about people. Your post is a lie. Is anything you type ever factually correct?

    If that isn't the impression you want people to have.. then do your research.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Did you read your own link? Fragel wasn't driving.

    I urge you to stop spreading gossip about people. Your post is a lie. Is anything you type ever factually correct?

    If that isn't the impression you want people to have.. then do your research.

    Maybe the article was edited or something after he posted it.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Lewan isn't a guard

    Gipper doesn't like Michigan. You should listen to him talk about rating schools academically, lol . That gets the bias just flowing out of him

    Yes, I rated schools that are better academically than Michigan higher than Michigan. That is what rankings are supposed to be all about.

    I didn't rate those schools to better than Michigan at football or basketball, but at academics.

    And yes, Michigan is a rival....but if anyone gives them credence arounf here (besides you) it is likely me. The greatest coach in their history is from my hometown. I am good friends with a guy that is the father of one of their star running backs who played some years ago. I am a casual acquaintance with the guy that runs or did run their ticketing department. (In fact the same guy that introduced me to my wife also introduced the brother of a couple of former Michigan basketball twin stars to his wife).

    Michigan has not been crossed off my own sons list of schools to attend grad school at. Maybe I can change that. (and yes, he as an undergraduate he attended one of those schools that is better academically).

    Look, it is not my fault that you made the mistake of attending that school, so quit blaming your foibles on the rest of us.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, I rated schools that are better academically than Michigan higher than Michigan. That is what rankings are supposed to be all about.

    I didn't rate those schools to better than Michigan at football or basketball, but at academics.

    And yes, Michigan is a rival....but if anyone gives them credence arounf here (besides you) it is likely me. The greatest coach in their history is from my hometown. I am good friends with a guy that is the father of one of their star running backs who played some years ago. I am a casual acquaintance with the guy that runs or did run their ticketing department. (In fact the same guy that introduced me to my wife also introduced the brother of a couple of former Michigan basketball twin stars to his wife).

    Michigan has not been crossed off my own sons list of schools to attend grad school at. Maybe I can change that. (and yes, he as an undergraduate he attended one of those schools that is better academically).

    Look, it is not my fault that you made the mistake of attending that school, so quit blaming your foibles on the rest of us.

    Hahaha, alright buddy. Tell yourself whatever you want, idc. You made it clear when we went over this last time you were clearly biased / had no idea what you were talking about. "Akron engineering is top notch" "Miami of Ohio is overall on par with Michigan" "Every tiny little Liberal Arts College in Ohio is apparently better than Michigan". Then as that thread progressed you backed off of what you had said, tried to change the subject a few times, then it ended. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to this subject so there's no point in trying to argue.

    I guess I am just trying to convince myself I didn't make a mistake... bummer

  • Did he or didn't he get in a fight?

    At any rate, it sounds like some guy sees a big payday by pressing charges.

  • Well he was charged, so the cops think there's something there.

    On the other hand he's a massive dude that, after some drinks, could easily accidentally do some damage. Also the charges were filed by OSU fans

    But who knows. We'll have to see what happens

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes, I rated schools that are better academically than Michigan higher than Michigan. That is what rankings are supposed to be all about.

    I didn't rate those schools to better than Michigan at football or basketball, but at academics.

    And yes, Michigan is a rival....but if anyone gives them credence arounf here (besides you) it is likely me. The greatest coach in their history is from my hometown. I am good friends with a guy that is the father of one of their star running backs who played some years ago. I am a casual acquaintance with the guy that runs or did run their ticketing department. (In fact the same guy that introduced me to my wife also introduced the brother of a couple of former Michigan basketball twin stars to his wife).

    Michigan has not been crossed off my own sons list of schools to attend grad school at. Maybe I can change that. (and yes, he as an undergraduate he attended one of those schools that is better academically).

    Look, it is not my fault that you made the mistake of attending that school, so quit blaming your foibles on the rest of us.

    Hahaha, alright buddy. Tell yourself whatever you want, idc. You made it clear when we went over this last time you were clearly biased / had no idea what you were talking about. "Akron engineering is top notch" "Miami of Ohio is overall on par with Michigan" "Every tiny little Liberal Arts College in Ohio is apparently better than Michigan". Then as that thread progressed you backed off of what you had said, tried to change the subject a few times, then it ended. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to this subject so there's no point in trying to argue.

    I guess I am just trying to convince myself I didn't make a mistake... bummer

    @mld-woody said:

    Hahaha, alright buddy. Tell yourself whatever you want, idc. You made it clear when we went over this last time you were clearly biased / had no idea what you were talking about. "Akron engineering is top notch" "Miami of Ohio is overall on par with Michigan"

    Both of those statements are absolutely fact. I am glad you are coming around.

    "Every tiny little Liberal Arts College in Ohio is apparently better than Michigan".

    I didn't say "every"....but yes, several small liberal arts colleges in Ohio are better....at liberal arts... than Michigan.

    My son attended Kenyon...and considered Oberlin and Denison. At what they do, yes, those are better.

    Then as that thread progressed you backed off of what you had said, tried to change the subject a few times, then it ended. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to this subject so there's no point in trying to argue.

    I don't see where I backed of anything. The only thing I conceded was that a big, big school like Michigan is better at being big (having more programs) than the smaller schoolsl around here.

    But, hell, if just being big is your thing...then Ohio St. has you beat there.

    I guess I am just trying to convince myself I didn't make a mistake... bummer

    No, I am sure you can get a fine education at Michigan. If you are happy and comfortable with your school, I guess that is all that matter.

    (FYI, I will take the Pharmacology Dept. at Minnesota over the one at Mich.)