Mack stays with Browns
-
Let him go & IF he stays, he deserves to be the most hated & boo'd SOB in NE Ohio!
I'm also sure he wants to play elsewhere, then he should grow some balls & SAY so like a man. Stop the charades. He can shove his chicken shit games up his ass.
These guys have said they want a new, winning culture in Cleveland. I just hope he signs a deal elsewhere that we DON'T match. If we do, trade him asap to a dung heap.
I honestly believe that, as talented as he may be, he'll be a detriment to the cohesiveness of our OL.
Mike
Let him go & IF he stays, he deserves to be the most hated & boo'd SOB in NE Ohio!
I'm also sure he wants to play elsewhere, then he should grow some balls & SAY so like a man. Stop the charades. He can shove his chicken shit games up his ass.
These guys have said they want a new, winning culture in Cleveland. I just hope he signs a deal elsewhere that we DON'T match. If we do, trade him asap to a dung heap.
I honestly believe that, as talented as he may be, he'll be a detriment to the cohesiveness of our OL.
Mike
I don't know if the Browns can do a restructure and trade- if he wants out, best for the Browns. If he can't get a deal done with the Jags, I say keep him for a year, gives us time to find a replacement. Any other team wants him they're going to be seriously overpaying for a center.
$10 million should keep him happy this season- that's $3 million more than any other center is making. Hey, if the Browns do turn it around this year, maybe he'd change his mind.
I agree with 'Peen to an extent- if he doesn't want to be here after the Browns have (obviously) made him a very fair offer- adios. We're not going to beg you to stick around.
-
What happened to our pro bowl long snapper, lol
-
Let him go & IF he stays, he deserves to be the most hated & boo'd SOB in NE Ohio!
I'm also sure he wants to play elsewhere, then he should grow some balls & SAY so like a man. Stop the charades. He can shove his chicken shit games up his ass.
These guys have said they want a new, winning culture in Cleveland. I just hope he signs a deal elsewhere that we DON'T match. If we do, trade him asap to a dung heap.
I honestly believe that, as talented as he may be, he'll be a detriment to the cohesiveness of our OL.
Mike
I don't know if the Browns can do a restructure and trade- if he wants out, best for the Browns. If he can't get a deal done with the Jags, I say keep him for a year, gives us time to find a replacement. Any other team wants him they're going to be seriously overpaying for a center.
$10 million should keep him happy this season- that's $3 million more than any other center is making. Hey, if the Browns do turn it around this year, maybe he'd change his mind.
I agree with 'Peen to an extent- if he doesn't want to be here after the Browns have (obviously) made him a very fair offer- adios. We're not going to beg you to stick around.
I don't know if the Browns can do a restructure and trade- if he wants out, best for the Browns. If he can't get a deal done with the Jags,
No, they can't. He isn't under a contract to restructure. The best we could do is have Macks agent find a team that wants him and would be willing to give us a pick....then Mack would have to sign his teander with us, and then we trade him to said team and he restructures with them. That doesn't make a a lot of sense for team Mack, or the team wanting him, so I don't see that happening. We either match any offer he gets or let him walk....or he doesn't get a offer and he plays for us under the tag amount this season, then does this again next season.
-
Various sources online say he is in talks with Jags over a front heavy deal the Browns wont match
-
Zombo said:
This is a lot of money for a Center. What would be the drop off from Mack at center to Greco, who is already signed to a modest contract?
The best part about resigning Mack is securing the position for years and not having to use one of our top picks on an interior lineman.
I think Mack's agent is using the Jags as a stooge to drive the price up ... But we are going to match whatever they come up ... Otherwise we would have put the Franchise tag on him and at least gotten compensation if someone signed him to a ridiculous contract.
I do agree with Harry- a front loaded contract isn't a problem for the Browns this season. Might be down the road if it blows up the salary structure. and if he doesn't want to be here- well, Phil Dawson didn't either.
Z
I'm not positive the Browns would match if the contract is insanely front loaded. Every player does have his price. But if the Browns have been in serious negotiations and Mack's agent has turned down their offers- it brings into question if Mack really does want to be in Cleveland. One thing for sure, however this shakes out- Mack is going to wind up being the highest paid center in the league.
I'm not positive the Browns would match if the contract is insanely front loaded. Every player does have his price. But if the Browns have been in serious negotiations and Mack's agent has turned down their offers- it brings into question if Mack really does want to be in Cleveland. One thing for sure, however this shakes out- Mack is going to wind up being the highest paid center in the league.
Has anyone asked why Mack does not want to be here? It isn't for lack of money. Is it because he is tired of losing?
If that is the case does he think he is going to a winner if he signs with the Jags?
Or does he not want the cold weather? Is he that big of a pussy? The Browns season is usually done before the really bad weather of Jan/Feb. hit here. He can be sitting in sunny southern California during the bad season here if he wants.
-
I don't know if the Browns can do a restructure and trade- if he wants out, best for the Browns. If he can't get a deal done with the Jags,
No, they can't. He isn't under a contract to restructure. The best we could do is have Macks agent find a team that wants him and would be willing to give us a pick....then Mack would have to sign his teander with us, and then we trade him to said team and he restructures with them. That doesn't make a a lot of sense for team Mack, or the team wanting him, so I don't see that happening. We either match any offer he gets or let him walk....or he doesn't get a offer and he plays for us under the tag amount this season, then does this again next season.
No, they can't. He isn't under a contract to restructure. The best we could do is have Macks agent find a team that wants him and would be willing to give us a pick....then Mack would have to sign his teander with us, and then we trade him to said team and he restructures with them. That doesn't make a a lot of sense for team Mack, or the team wanting him, so I don't see that happening. We either match any offer he gets or let him walk....or he doesn't get a offer and he plays for us under the tag amount this season, then does this again next season.
Thanks for the info Peen- if we're stuck with him for a year under the tender, as I've said, at least it buys us time to find a replacement.
& Really, what other team this year is going to pay Mack at least $3 million more this year than any other center is making, and offer him a long term deal on top of it? I just don't see it- do you? I think his agent is blowing smoke up Mack's ass if he think he can land Alex a contract the Browns can't match.
-
For those who do not have twitter:
To recap: Alex Mack highly impressed with Jacksonville, wants to play there, will sign 5-year offer sheet by end of week, per ESPN sources.
-
Nothing on what those terms would be. Would the Jags really pay him more than the 10+ mill the Browns are offering?
Or, how about this: The Browns match the deal, then later make a trade with Jax for the first round pick.
(is that even permissible). Then we get #3, #4, and #26.
Somewhere, we could find an adequate center.
-
For those who do not have twitter:
To recap: Alex Mack highly impressed with Jacksonville, wants to play there, will sign 5-year offer sheet by end of week, per ESPN sources.
For those who do not have twitter:
To recap: Alex Mack highly impressed with Jacksonville, wants to play there, will sign 5-year offer sheet by end of week, per ESPN sources.
thanks to whomever moved this into this discussion - much appreciated
-
Be curious to see what the deal looks like if/when signed and what the guaranteed money is. It what have to be something after yr 1 that would cause some sort of issue I would think, because the browns have more money than the Jags to spend this yr.
-
Nothing on what those terms would be. Would the Jags really pay him more than the 10+ mill the Browns are offering?
Or, how about this: The Browns match the deal, then later make a trade with Jax for the first round pick.
(is that even permissible). Then we get #3, #4, and #26.
Somewhere, we could find an adequate center.
Nothing on what those terms would be. Would the Jags really pay him more than the 10+ mill the Browns are offering?
Or, how about this: The Browns match the deal, then later make a trade with Jax for the first round pick.
(is that even permissible). Then we get #3, #4, and #26.
Somewhere, we could find an adequate center.
Not yet, just a bunch of speculation so who knows...
There is not much precedent for sign and trades in the NFL - nor would it really make sense for the Jags, my guess is we can expect to see a heavy first two years with a player option on the second year...This ties up cap money for this and next year the browns want to use on extending core players...core players jacksonville does not have...
-
Nothing on what those terms would be. Would the Jags really pay him more than the 10+ mill the Browns are offering?
Or, how about this: The Browns match the deal, then later make a trade with Jax for the first round pick.
(is that even permissible). Then we get #3, #4, and #26.
Somewhere, we could find an adequate center.
Nothing on what those terms would be. Would the Jags really pay him more than the 10+ mill the Browns are offering?
Or, how about this: The Browns match the deal, then later make a trade with Jax for the first round pick.
(is that even permissible). Then we get #3, #4, and #26.
Somewhere, we could find an adequate center.
I'm not why it wouldn't be permissible unless the deal the Jax makes includes a no-trade clause of some sort.
-
You know what, fuck em. Shitsburg fields pro bowl centers every year because they win. I don't want some dumb greedy fuck that would take money rather than be on a team building a winner. Later fuck nut.
-
I'm calling it. Greco to center Schwartz to right guard and drafting @ #4 Jake Mattews or Greg Robinson at RT
-
So why exactly is everyone freaking out and pissed at Mack? Because his contract ran up and he decided to look elsewhere? That's how the business works. I'm not seeing what's so completely awful about it. I'm not seeking why he is some SOB that deserves all this hatred.
Even references to Lebron from the butt hurt Cavs fans that STILL have sand in their vag.
-
And since you get to rollover cap space even having on yr with crazy payout makes it suspect that the Browns don't match. I suppose its possible but if Haslam wants to keep him I cant see how Jags can make it impossible to match.
-
And since you get to rollover cap space even having on yr with crazy payout makes it suspect that the Browns don't match. I suppose its possible but if Haslam wants to keep him I cant see how Jags can make it impossible to match.
And since you get to rollover cap space even having on yr with crazy payout makes it suspect that the Browns don't match. I suppose its possible but if Haslam wants to keep him I cant see how Jags can make it impossible to match.
it isn't about making it impossible to match, just uncomfortable enough for the Browns to pass.
-
And since you get to rollover cap space even having on yr with crazy payout makes it suspect that the Browns don't match. I suppose its possible but if Haslam wants to keep him I cant see how Jags can make it impossible to match.
it isn't about making it impossible to match, just uncomfortable enough for the Browns to pass.
it isn't about making it impossible to match, just uncomfortable enough for the Browns to pass.
Yeah, I know, only scenario I can think of is high guaranteed money with a high payout in yr 2 of the deal so if signed its hard to just cut him without negative impact to the salary cap. And since the browns can roll over probably 20+ million in cap money I think it will be hard, Browns will just have to be on a tight leash for one yr if that were the scenario. The other scenario to me if draft a C this yr sign the deal and cut bait in yr 2 but again depends on the guaranteed money.
-
Personally you cant blame a guy for wanting max money, however, he is pretty much telling the Browns to GFY. We have plenty of picks to get a Center in the Draft. Probably one of our 3rd or 4th rounders.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
