Skip to content

Mack stays with Browns

The Browns Board
239 55 12.0k
  • Be curious to see what the deal looks like if/when signed and what the guaranteed money is. It what have to be something after yr 1 that would cause some sort of issue I would think, because the browns have more money than the Jags to spend this yr.

  • Nothing on what those terms would be. Would the Jags really pay him more than the 10+ mill the Browns are offering?

    Or, how about this: The Browns match the deal, then later make a trade with Jax for the first round pick.

    (is that even permissible). Then we get #3, #4, and #26.

    Somewhere, we could find an adequate center.

    @the-gipper said:

    Nothing on what those terms would be. Would the Jags really pay him more than the 10+ mill the Browns are offering?

    Or, how about this: The Browns match the deal, then later make a trade with Jax for the first round pick.

    (is that even permissible). Then we get #3, #4, and #26.

    Somewhere, we could find an adequate center.

    Not yet, just a bunch of speculation so who knows...

    There is not much precedent for sign and trades in the NFL - nor would it really make sense for the Jags, my guess is we can expect to see a heavy first two years with a player option on the second year...This ties up cap money for this and next year the browns want to use on extending core players...core players jacksonville does not have...

  • Nothing on what those terms would be. Would the Jags really pay him more than the 10+ mill the Browns are offering?

    Or, how about this: The Browns match the deal, then later make a trade with Jax for the first round pick.

    (is that even permissible). Then we get #3, #4, and #26.

    Somewhere, we could find an adequate center.

    @the-gipper said:

    Nothing on what those terms would be. Would the Jags really pay him more than the 10+ mill the Browns are offering?

    Or, how about this: The Browns match the deal, then later make a trade with Jax for the first round pick.

    (is that even permissible). Then we get #3, #4, and #26.

    Somewhere, we could find an adequate center.

    I'm not why it wouldn't be permissible unless the deal the Jax makes includes a no-trade clause of some sort.

  • You know what, fuck em. Shitsburg fields pro bowl centers every year because they win. I don't want some dumb greedy fuck that would take money rather than be on a team building a winner. Later fuck nut.

  • I'm calling it. Greco to center Schwartz to right guard and drafting @ #4 Jake Mattews or Greg Robinson at RT

  • So why exactly is everyone freaking out and pissed at Mack? Because his contract ran up and he decided to look elsewhere? That's how the business works. I'm not seeing what's so completely awful about it. I'm not seeking why he is some SOB that deserves all this hatred.

    Even references to Lebron from the butt hurt Cavs fans that STILL have sand in their vag.

  • And since you get to rollover cap space even having on yr with crazy payout makes it suspect that the Browns don't match. I suppose its possible but if Haslam wants to keep him I cant see how Jags can make it impossible to match.

  • And since you get to rollover cap space even having on yr with crazy payout makes it suspect that the Browns don't match. I suppose its possible but if Haslam wants to keep him I cant see how Jags can make it impossible to match.

    @runyon27 said:

    And since you get to rollover cap space even having on yr with crazy payout makes it suspect that the Browns don't match. I suppose its possible but if Haslam wants to keep him I cant see how Jags can make it impossible to match.

    it isn't about making it impossible to match, just uncomfortable enough for the Browns to pass.

  • @runyon27 said:

    And since you get to rollover cap space even having on yr with crazy payout makes it suspect that the Browns don't match. I suppose its possible but if Haslam wants to keep him I cant see how Jags can make it impossible to match.

    it isn't about making it impossible to match, just uncomfortable enough for the Browns to pass.

    @cleinchi said:

    it isn't about making it impossible to match, just uncomfortable enough for the Browns to pass.

    Yeah, I know, only scenario I can think of is high guaranteed money with a high payout in yr 2 of the deal so if signed its hard to just cut him without negative impact to the salary cap. And since the browns can roll over probably 20+ million in cap money I think it will be hard, Browns will just have to be on a tight leash for one yr if that were the scenario. The other scenario to me if draft a C this yr sign the deal and cut bait in yr 2 but again depends on the guaranteed money.

  • Personally you cant blame a guy for wanting max money, however, he is pretty much telling the Browns to GFY. We have plenty of picks to get a Center in the Draft. Probably one of our 3rd or 4th rounders.

  • It's business. Who cares. Not like a center wins any games.

  • Haslam has made it clear they will match any offer...he'll be a Brown at least one more year.

  • My take is ... Mack obviously wants to stay in Cleveland with a long term deal. Otherwise, he wouldn't have signed a 5-year deal with Jacksonville, he would have played out his one year at $10 mil and been a free agent, or franchised, next year.

    He KNOWS Cleveland will match this deal.

    He just used Jacksonville to get his damn deal done.

    Zombo

  • So why exactly is everyone freaking out and pissed at Mack? Because his contract ran up and he decided to look elsewhere? That's how the business works. I'm not seeing what's so completely awful about it. I'm not seeking why he is some SOB that deserves all this hatred.

    Even references to Lebron from the butt hurt Cavs fans that STILL have sand in their vag.

    @mld-woody said:

    So why exactly is everyone freaking out and pissed at Mack? Because his contract ran up and he decided to look elsewhere? That's how the business works. I'm not seeing what's so completely awful about it. I'm not seeking why he is some SOB that deserves all this hatred.

    Even references to Lebron from the butt hurt Cavs fans that STILL have sand in their vag.

    It's he & his Agent saying they'll get an offer Cleveland can't match.

    Translation: It's pretty clear Mack wants out of Cleveland. It's called "burning bridges".

    My feeling: We are trying to change a culture & create a positive, winning unit. There is no place here for a player who doesn't to be here, so let his ass go. I think he figures the Browns want him, will match & have to pay ridiculous money.

    What I want: For the Browns to "pass" & let him get paid by a REAL shit-hole of a team that is going nowhere! If he wants out of Cleveland, he'd be of little benefit here both on field & in the locker room.

    Mike

  • I don't blame him for doing what he can to get more money. Its a dangerous business

  • He basically just signed with the Browns.

    Zombo

  • Press conference coming up..

    "I've decided to take my talents to South Beach Jacksonville"..

  • The business end of the NFL sucks.

    Save the money & pay the play makers on the team. We should be able to find a center.

  • yeah mack was/is good but he can go fuck himself.

    have fun in the sun titty boy!

  • So why exactly is everyone freaking out and pissed at Mack? Because his contract ran up and he decided to look elsewhere? That's how the business works. I'm not seeing what's so completely awful about it. I'm not seeking why he is some SOB that deserves all this hatred.

    Even references to Lebron from the butt hurt Cavs fans that STILL have sand in their vag.

    @mld-woody said:

    So why exactly is everyone freaking out and pissed at Mack? Because his contract ran up and he decided to look elsewhere? That's how the business works. I'm not seeing what's so completely awful about it. I'm not seeking why he is some SOB that deserves all this hatred.

    Even references to Lebron from the butt hurt Cavs fans that STILL have sand in their vag.

    Yeah, it's business- Mack apparently wants to be paid like the best center in the NFL- and it's open to debate if he is or not. Franchise tagging Mack would have been foolish- yeah, we could keep him for another year, but pay him more than Joe Thomas? You kidding me? And this same crap would start all over next year. Have to wonder what Mack will do if we do decide to match? Will he sit in a corner and pout? With the contract he's going to get, he's going to be completely untradeable.

    Zombo said:

    My take is ... Mack obviously wants to stay in Cleveland with a long term deal. Otherwise, he wouldn't have signed a 5-year deal with Jacksonville, he would have played out his one year at $10 mil and been a free agent, or franchised, next year.

    He KNOWS Cleveland will match this deal.

    He just used Jacksonville to get his damn deal done.

    Zombo

    Know what's disturbing to me Z? That "Mack wants to play out his contract in Florida". If that's truly his attitude- go ahead and play for a crappy team for more money. For all we know Mack wants to play for a warm weather team. We'll get a third round compensatory pick next year. Pettine said they have all the scenarios covered. The Browns certainly have more inside info than we do about their contract negotiations with Mack. I have to believe their offer was more than fair.

    If we have to let him go, so be it- to make sure we hang on to Gordon, Haden, and Taylor- well, they're all far more valuable to the Browns than a center- even a Pro Bowl one.