The RB Position
-
Has Harrison ever even proven he can run between the tackles yet?
I'm for keeping Jamal around (although at a reduced price), and bring in a RB to compete for the workload with all RB's on staff.
Has Harrison ever even proven he can run between the tackles yet?
I'm for keeping Jamal around (although at a reduced price), and bring in a RB to compete for the workload with all RB's on staff.
I am in your boat...I don't know I want to just get rid of Lewis until i know we have someone who can replace him. I don't know if Harrison is that guy or not.
At minimum I would like to see some vet brought in as a reliable back-up to Harrison.
-
If Lewis comes back in the same shape he was in last year I say keep him one more year . Use Harrison more and maybe draft a Rb in the middle rounds or pick up a good FA .
-
Harrison clearly needs to get more carries. I don't think anyone can say otherwise. Who should we look to draft? That is arguable. Honestly, I think Green or Jennings are the best options without drafting Beanie in the first round...and we have too many other needs to look at RB with #5.
-
I would throw Marlon Lucky into the equation...he can be had lower rounds and has proven he can run..and will be 2yrs post injury come this fall. He is also a great pass catcher out of the backfield.
-
I'd say we have to keep Harrison and see what we've got when the kid gets 10-15 carries a game with a bruising back to split the load with, which, we would draft in either the 2nd or 4th (or the pick we get from DA wherever that would fall).
We've discussed which backs, so I'm not going to ramble on over who.
-
Can you really keep Lewis at $6.4 million for next year when you need that money to fill so many other holes.
He will come in in great shape. But, he has lost the quick first step, that burst into the hole. I would be willing to keep him if he would rework his contract. I think we could draft or sign a better FA for way less of a cap hit.
-
Can you really keep Lewis at $6.4 million for next year when you need that money to fill so many other holes.
He will come in in great shape. But, he has lost the quick first step, that burst into the hole. I would be willing to keep him if he would rework his contract. I think we could draft or sign a better FA for way less of a cap hit.
Can you really keep Lewis at $6.4 million for next year when you need that money to fill so many other holes.
He will come in in great shape. But, he has lost the quick first step, that burst into the hole. I would be willing to keep him if he would rework his contract. I think we could draft or sign a better FA for way less of a cap hit.
i agree completely. marlon lucky, who'll be available in later rounds, is more than an adequate replacement for lewis if we don't go RB in the second.
-
Andre Brown is a Round 3/4 guy to watch.
-
Don or Dan Brown from Uconn also a 4th or 5th rounder....led the nation in yards...don't sleep on him if we can't get the aforementioned
Don or Dan Brown from Uconn also a 4th or 5th rounder....led the nation in yards...don't sleep on him if we can't get the aforementioned
I don't think Donald Brown will make it out of the 2nd Round. He's ranked as one of the top five running backs in this year's draft, and 5-7 RB's are usually taken in the first two rounds.
-
Man, are we gonna end up without our RB again this draft?
-
You don't dump Lewis, his leadership would be missed, and he's still a power back, albeit a step or two slower than he used to be.
For one more year, til he retires?, he's worth the money in power and continuity.
You have to fix the RT problem. Without Tucker, the Browns are lost on the right side.
Shaffer collapses into the qb, and the defense knows, for the most part, the Browns can only count on running to the left side.
And, it was Mangini who had two first round draft picks his first year, and spent both on offensive linemen.
I expect a RT in this draft, given a second 2nd round pick via trade, that would open up a pick in the third or fouth
to get that RT.
-
this thread is great.......Browns heritage has great running backs and right now we have an overpaid over the hill slug and an unprovend wonder who could not make his presence clear in two years
IT DOES NOT TAKE MORE THAN AN IDIOT WE ARE WOEFULLY WEAK AT RUNNING BACK.................so lets draft another tackleor better a safety duh???????????????
-
Harrison and Jennings FTW!!!!
I think Jennings outlasts all the other RB's on the board. His body is solid muscle.... whereas Green.. not so much.. Plus Jennings has taken less hits.. plus he has carried the largest load of most of these RB's
plus you have to look into the future... when Jennings is 29 and loses a step.... he will be faster than Greene losing a step at 29.
Jennings is a flat out MONSTER
-
You don't dump Lewis, his leadership would be missed, and he's still a power back, albeit a step or two slower than he used to be.
For one more year, til he retires?, he's worth the money in power and continuity.
You have to fix the RT problem. Without Tucker, the Browns are lost on the right side.
Shaffer collapses into the qb, and the defense knows, for the most part, the Browns can only count on running to the left side.
And, it was Mangini who had two first round draft picks his first year, and spent both on offensive linemen.
I expect a RT in this draft, given a second 2nd round pick via trade, that would open up a pick in the third or fouth
to get that RT.
And, it was Mangini who had two first round draft picks his first year, and spent both on offensive linemen.
In his presser today, Mangini said that those were pure need picks: the Jets didn't have a center on the roster, and they didn't have a real solution at LT.
What's more interesting is that new o-line coach George Warhop seems to bring a lot of new lineman to whatever team he coaches. Position coaches play a role in the FA/draft process, and Warhop seems to have pushed for early OL picks in both Dallas and San Francisco.
Here are the personnel moves his teams have made:
2003 (Cowboys)
- Al Johnson, C, Wisconsin (2nd Round)
- Justin Bates, OT, Colorado (7th Round)
- Jacob Rogers, OT, LSU (3rd Round)
- Stephen Peterman, OG, LSU (3rd Round)
- FA: Jonas Jennings, OT
- David Baas, OG, Michigan (2nd Round)
- Adam Snyder, OG-OT, Oregon (3rd Round)
- FA: Larry Allen, OG
- Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan (1st Round)
- Chilo Rachal, OG, USC (2nd Round)
- Cody Wallace, C, Texas A&M (4th Round)
Hopefully, that won't repeat itself in Cleveland.
-
Harrison and Jennings FTW!!!!
I think Jennings outlasts all the other RB's on the board. His body is solid muscle.... whereas Green.. not so much.. Plus Jennings has taken less hits.. plus he has carried the largest load of most of these RB's
plus you have to look into the future... when Jennings is 29 and loses a step.... he will be faster than Greene losing a step at 29.
Jennings is a flat out MONSTER
Harrison and Jennings FTW!!!!
I think Jennings outlasts all the other RB's on the board. His body is solid muscle.... whereas Green.. not so much.. Plus Jennings has taken less hits.. plus he has carried the largest load of most of these RB's
plus you have to look into the future... when Jennings is 29 and loses a step.... he will be faster than Greene losing a step at 29.
Jennings is a flat out MONSTER
But he can't even tie his shoes!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login