Skip to content

Teddy Bridgewater

The Browns Board
57 25 2.3k
  • nope.

    all a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

    farmer won't be fooled by the great and mighty OZ.

  • As far as any QB in this draft is concerned, I hear less negative things about Bridgewater than I do about anybody else. The red flags have come only AFTER this last month on things that most people will claim they put very little stock into (Pro Day).

    I am to the point, where I feel he may be the guy that the Browns pick. But again, not with that #4.

  • He's not much of a down field passer, but shannys system doesn't place a high importance on going long. Short and midrange accuracy are required though, which teddy has in spades.

  • Teddy? Is that you??

  • You should know by now, mikeh, that football fans don't watch football. They merely check the stat sites and fantasy football recommendations.

  • I don't want Teddy Bear. His pro day vids look like he was tossing a 9lb picnic ham around the yard.

  • Pro day? Really?

    Know who had one of the best pro days ever.

    J-fat Russell.

    Its not the end all, merely a tool. Game film vastly outweighs the underwear Olympics and pro days.

  • if you say teddy i say johnny.

    bridgewater blows. every film i've seen of him is him throwing a earl 'the pearl' rainbow lob in the air against crap competition. he looked like shit at his pro day, didn't have the balls to throw at the combine and what i've seen of him in these QB classes and nfl network produced fluff, he stinks. i don't know who the fuck rated him so high but whoever it was was surely on his jock.

    if we're going that route i'd rather have manziel. and if we're going top 4 QBs i'd rather have bortles.

    bridewater looks like a china doll in a grown up man suit.

  • if you say teddy i say johnny.

    bridgewater blows. every film i've seen of him is him throwing a earl 'the pearl' rainbow lob in the air against crap competition. he looked like shit at his pro day, didn't have the balls to throw at the combine and what i've seen of him in these QB classes and nfl network produced fluff, he stinks. i don't know who the fuck rated him so high but whoever it was was surely on his jock.

    if we're going that route i'd rather have manziel. and if we're going top 4 QBs i'd rather have bortles.

    bridewater looks like a china doll in a grown up man suit.

    @miktoxic said:

    if you say teddy i say johnny.

    Don't get me wrong.....I'd prefer to not draft any of these qbs at 4.

    But...

    Just how many films have you watched of teddy?

    So did you somehow miss the wounded ducks ole Jonny boy was tossing into triple coverage for Evans to bail him out?

    There's a few hall of famers that had bad pro days, and some collosal busts that had great ones. Means jack shit.

    Did ole Jonny throw at the combine?

    For every piece you can dog up knocking teddy, I'll find you one that says the opposite. Furthermore, I can also find lots of material that says ole Jonny is worth about a third rounder.

    I can say the same type of jock sniffers are proping up Jonny as well...

    Bottles has his own set of problems.

    Point being, you put way to much stock in what the media says.....especially when it fits your narrative.

    Each guy has strengths and weakness. None are complete but many people whose opinions I value indicate teddy is the most NFL ready. My concern about his frame is also the same as Jonny's small stature. IMO, its about fit.

  • @miktoxic said:

    if you say teddy i say johnny.

    Don't get me wrong.....I'd prefer to not draft any of these qbs at 4.

    But...

    Just how many films have you watched of teddy?

    So did you somehow miss the wounded ducks ole Jonny boy was tossing into triple coverage for Evans to bail him out?

    There's a few hall of famers that had bad pro days, and some collosal busts that had great ones. Means jack shit.

    Did ole Jonny throw at the combine?

    For every piece you can dog up knocking teddy, I'll find you one that says the opposite. Furthermore, I can also find lots of material that says ole Jonny is worth about a third rounder.

    I can say the same type of jock sniffers are proping up Jonny as well...

    Bottles has his own set of problems.

    Point being, you put way to much stock in what the media says.....especially when it fits your narrative.

    Each guy has strengths and weakness. None are complete but many people whose opinions I value indicate teddy is the most NFL ready. My concern about his frame is also the same as Jonny's small stature. IMO, its about fit.

    @choco said:

    Don't get me wrong.....I'd prefer to not draft any of these qbs at 4.

    But...

    Just how many films have you watched of teddy?

    So did you somehow miss the wounded ducks ole Jonny boy was tossing into triple coverage for Evans to bail him out?

    There's a few hall of famers that had bad pro days, and some collosal busts that had great ones. Means jack shit.

    Did ole Jonny throw at the combine?

    For every piece you can dog up knocking teddy, I'll find you one that says the opposite. Furthermore, I can also find lots of material that says ole Jonny is worth about a third rounder.

    I can say the same type of jock sniffers are proping up Jonny as well...

    Bottles has his own set of problems.

    Point being, you put way to much stock in what the media says.....especially when it fits your narrative.

    Each guy has strengths and weakness. None are complete but many people whose opinions I value indicate teddy is the most NFL ready. My concern about his frame is also the same as Jonny's small stature. IMO, its about fit.

    you're preaching to the choir. i was just playing the 'what if' game.

  • Forget Bridgewater. Least inreresting of all the name qb prospects.So far he has failed to impress me on any level. His pro day stunk. His workouts stunk, I've not seen his incredible football iq. He just looks like nothing much to me.

  • what gets me is the love for these top 4 guys when the 'experts' have said is if geno smith was in this class of QBs that he'd be ranked number 1.

    really? now that's some funny shit.

  • @mike-h said:

    Have a source for that?

    Because I have this:

    Charley Casserly: 7 QBs in 2014 draft rate higher than EJ Manuel

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24522156/charley-casserly-7-qbs-in-2014-draft-rate-higher-than-ej-manuel

    it was said by someone in a round table discussion very early on after the super bowl. i don't know if was a local WFAN morning show like boomer and carton or some espn hacks like mcshay or kiper. they've probably taken back what they said, but that point was the only thing i remember about the discussion. and no, i don't know what they were basing their point on.

    casserly is alright, i know it says he is basing his comments on manuel's college career, (which i really don't remember anything about) but i rarely agree with everything he says. hell i rarely agree with everything anybody says, except of course, my wife.

    i love these guys that don't have a job anymore that go into broadcasting because no one wants them fucking up their team. even savage made it to the desk on some network.

    hell holmgren should interview. he'd fit right in.

  • Johnny Football. Bilgewater = Akili Smith, no thanks.

  • @mike-h said:

    Have a source for that?

    Because I have this:

    Charley Casserly: 7 QBs in 2014 draft rate higher than EJ Manuel

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24522156/charley-casserly-7-qbs-in-2014-draft-rate-higher-than-ej-manuel

    it was said by someone in a round table discussion very early on after the super bowl. i don't know if was a local WFAN morning show like boomer and carton or some espn hacks like mcshay or kiper. they've probably taken back what they said, but that point was the only thing i remember about the discussion. and no, i don't know what they were basing their point on.

    casserly is alright, i know it says he is basing his comments on manuel's college career, (which i really don't remember anything about) but i rarely agree with everything he says. hell i rarely agree with everything anybody says, except of course, my wife.

    i love these guys that don't have a job anymore that go into broadcasting because no one wants them fucking up their team. even savage made it to the desk on some network.

    hell holmgren should interview. he'd fit right in.

    @miktoxic said:

    it was said by someone in a round table discussion very early on after the super bowl. i don't know if was a local WFAN morning show like boomer and carton or some espn hacks like mcshay or kiper. they've probably taken back what they said, but that point was the only thing i remember about the discussion. and no, i don't know what they were basing their point on.

    casserly is alright, i know it says he is basing his comments on manuel's college career, (which i really don't remember anything about) but i rarely agree with everything he says. hell i rarely agree with everything anybody says, except of course, my wife.

    i love these guys that don't have a job anymore that go into broadcasting because no one wants them fucking up their team. even savage made it to the desk on some network.

    hell holmgren should interview. he'd fit right in.

    Oh hell no Mik. I would fucking vomit if I had to watch that walrus blubber incessantly on my tv. Ugh, Yuck. I hate that man, no not a man, a damn cretin.

  • I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.

    Mike

  • I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.

    Mike

    I agree. You have to admit the "fire" is one thing JF definitely has. I'm not excited about any QB in this draft. The underlying theme I'm seeing on the board now is faith in Farmer, and I completely agree. Draft talk is sure getting old, but with an interesting draft I think most of it is warranted. Can't wait for it to get here.
  • @canton-mike said:

    I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.

    Mike

    I agree. You have to admit the "fire" is one thing JF definitely has. I'm not excited about any QB in this draft. The underlying theme I'm seeing on the board now is faith in Farmer, and I completely agree. Draft talk is sure getting old, but with an interesting draft I think most of it is warranted. Can't wait for it to get here.

    @comeonman said:

    I agree. You have to admit the "fire" is one thing JF definitely has. I'm not excited about any QB in this draft. The underlying theme I'm seeing on the board now is faith in Farmer, and I completely agree. Draft talk is sure getting old, but with an interesting draft I think most of it is warranted. Can't wait for it to get here.

    Agree with you here. I would prefer to grab a "can't miss" impact player @ #4 (Watkins/Clowney/Mack) and go after a QB w/ #26 or #35. Wouldn't be too pissed if we traded up out of #26 if Farmer & Co. feel the guy they want will be off the board @ #26.

  • @mike-h said:

    No such thing.

    unfortunately you're right.

  • @mike-h said:

    No such thing.

    unfortunately you're right.

    @mike-h said:

    No such thing.

    @walterwhite said:

    No such thing at all.

    Richardson was a can't miss player, so was Winslow, Edwards, Robert Gallery, and hundreds of others.

    @miktoxic said:

    unfortunately you're right.

    Points well taken.