Teddy Bridgewater
-
if you say teddy i say johnny.
bridgewater blows. every film i've seen of him is him throwing a earl 'the pearl' rainbow lob in the air against crap competition. he looked like shit at his pro day, didn't have the balls to throw at the combine and what i've seen of him in these QB classes and nfl network produced fluff, he stinks. i don't know who the fuck rated him so high but whoever it was was surely on his jock.
if we're going that route i'd rather have manziel. and if we're going top 4 QBs i'd rather have bortles.
bridewater looks like a china doll in a grown up man suit.
if you say teddy i say johnny.
Don't get me wrong.....I'd prefer to not draft any of these qbs at 4.
But...
Just how many films have you watched of teddy?
So did you somehow miss the wounded ducks ole Jonny boy was tossing into triple coverage for Evans to bail him out?
There's a few hall of famers that had bad pro days, and some collosal busts that had great ones. Means jack shit.
Did ole Jonny throw at the combine?
For every piece you can dog up knocking teddy, I'll find you one that says the opposite. Furthermore, I can also find lots of material that says ole Jonny is worth about a third rounder.
I can say the same type of jock sniffers are proping up Jonny as well...
Bottles has his own set of problems.
Point being, you put way to much stock in what the media says.....especially when it fits your narrative.
Each guy has strengths and weakness. None are complete but many people whose opinions I value indicate teddy is the most NFL ready. My concern about his frame is also the same as Jonny's small stature. IMO, its about fit.
-
if you say teddy i say johnny.
Don't get me wrong.....I'd prefer to not draft any of these qbs at 4.
But...
Just how many films have you watched of teddy?
So did you somehow miss the wounded ducks ole Jonny boy was tossing into triple coverage for Evans to bail him out?
There's a few hall of famers that had bad pro days, and some collosal busts that had great ones. Means jack shit.
Did ole Jonny throw at the combine?
For every piece you can dog up knocking teddy, I'll find you one that says the opposite. Furthermore, I can also find lots of material that says ole Jonny is worth about a third rounder.
I can say the same type of jock sniffers are proping up Jonny as well...
Bottles has his own set of problems.
Point being, you put way to much stock in what the media says.....especially when it fits your narrative.
Each guy has strengths and weakness. None are complete but many people whose opinions I value indicate teddy is the most NFL ready. My concern about his frame is also the same as Jonny's small stature. IMO, its about fit.
Don't get me wrong.....I'd prefer to not draft any of these qbs at 4.
But...
Just how many films have you watched of teddy?
So did you somehow miss the wounded ducks ole Jonny boy was tossing into triple coverage for Evans to bail him out?
There's a few hall of famers that had bad pro days, and some collosal busts that had great ones. Means jack shit.
Did ole Jonny throw at the combine?
For every piece you can dog up knocking teddy, I'll find you one that says the opposite. Furthermore, I can also find lots of material that says ole Jonny is worth about a third rounder.
I can say the same type of jock sniffers are proping up Jonny as well...
Bottles has his own set of problems.
Point being, you put way to much stock in what the media says.....especially when it fits your narrative.
Each guy has strengths and weakness. None are complete but many people whose opinions I value indicate teddy is the most NFL ready. My concern about his frame is also the same as Jonny's small stature. IMO, its about fit.
you're preaching to the choir. i was just playing the 'what if' game.
-
Forget Bridgewater. Least inreresting of all the name qb prospects.So far he has failed to impress me on any level. His pro day stunk. His workouts stunk, I've not seen his incredible football iq. He just looks like nothing much to me.
-
what gets me is the love for these top 4 guys when the 'experts' have said is if geno smith was in this class of QBs that he'd be ranked number 1.
really? now that's some funny shit.
-
@mike-h said:
Have a source for that?
Because I have this:
Charley Casserly: 7 QBs in 2014 draft rate higher than EJ Manuel
it was said by someone in a round table discussion very early on after the super bowl. i don't know if was a local WFAN morning show like boomer and carton or some espn hacks like mcshay or kiper. they've probably taken back what they said, but that point was the only thing i remember about the discussion. and no, i don't know what they were basing their point on.
casserly is alright, i know it says he is basing his comments on manuel's college career, (which i really don't remember anything about) but i rarely agree with everything he says. hell i rarely agree with everything anybody says, except of course, my wife.
i love these guys that don't have a job anymore that go into broadcasting because no one wants them fucking up their team. even savage made it to the desk on some network.
hell holmgren should interview. he'd fit right in.
-
Johnny Football. Bilgewater = Akili Smith, no thanks.
-
@mike-h said:
Have a source for that?
Because I have this:
Charley Casserly: 7 QBs in 2014 draft rate higher than EJ Manuel
it was said by someone in a round table discussion very early on after the super bowl. i don't know if was a local WFAN morning show like boomer and carton or some espn hacks like mcshay or kiper. they've probably taken back what they said, but that point was the only thing i remember about the discussion. and no, i don't know what they were basing their point on.
casserly is alright, i know it says he is basing his comments on manuel's college career, (which i really don't remember anything about) but i rarely agree with everything he says. hell i rarely agree with everything anybody says, except of course, my wife.
i love these guys that don't have a job anymore that go into broadcasting because no one wants them fucking up their team. even savage made it to the desk on some network.
hell holmgren should interview. he'd fit right in.
it was said by someone in a round table discussion very early on after the super bowl. i don't know if was a local WFAN morning show like boomer and carton or some espn hacks like mcshay or kiper. they've probably taken back what they said, but that point was the only thing i remember about the discussion. and no, i don't know what they were basing their point on.
casserly is alright, i know it says he is basing his comments on manuel's college career, (which i really don't remember anything about) but i rarely agree with everything he says. hell i rarely agree with everything anybody says, except of course, my wife.
i love these guys that don't have a job anymore that go into broadcasting because no one wants them fucking up their team. even savage made it to the desk on some network.
hell holmgren should interview. he'd fit right in.
Oh hell no Mik. I would fucking vomit if I had to watch that walrus blubber incessantly on my tv. Ugh, Yuck. I hate that man, no not a man, a damn cretin.
-
I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.
Mike
-
I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.
Mike
I agree. You have to admit the "fire" is one thing JF definitely has. I'm not excited about any QB in this draft. The underlying theme I'm seeing on the board now is faith in Farmer, and I completely agree. Draft talk is sure getting old, but with an interesting draft I think most of it is warranted. Can't wait for it to get here.I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.
Mike
-
I agree. You have to admit the "fire" is one thing JF definitely has. I'm not excited about any QB in this draft. The underlying theme I'm seeing on the board now is faith in Farmer, and I completely agree. Draft talk is sure getting old, but with an interesting draft I think most of it is warranted. Can't wait for it to get here.I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.
Mike
I agree. You have to admit the "fire" is one thing JF definitely has. I'm not excited about any QB in this draft. The underlying theme I'm seeing on the board now is faith in Farmer, and I completely agree. Draft talk is sure getting old, but with an interesting draft I think most of it is warranted. Can't wait for it to get here.
Agree with you here. I would prefer to grab a "can't miss" impact player @ #4 (Watkins/Clowney/Mack) and go after a QB w/ #26 or #35. Wouldn't be too pissed if we traded up out of #26 if Farmer & Co. feel the guy they want will be off the board @ #26.
-
@mike-h said:
No such thing.
unfortunately you're right.
-
@mike-h said:
No such thing.
@walterwhite said:
No such thing at all.
Richardson was a can't miss player, so was Winslow, Edwards, Robert Gallery, and hundreds of others.
unfortunately you're right.
Points well taken.
-
IMO there are most definitely can't miss players. Do some of them flop? Of course. Andrew Luck was the epitome of a can't miss talent. I believe Clowney and Watkins are as well, but I very well could be wrong. If your argument would be there aren't any can't miss players in this draft, I could certainly see and respect that
-
He's not much of a down field passer, but shannys system doesn't place a high importance on going long. Short and midrange accuracy are required though, which teddy has in spades.
He's not much of a down field passer, but shannys system doesn't place a high importance on going long. Short and midrange accuracy are required though, which teddy has in spades.
It's smart to take an accurate passer over a strong arm passer. Strong arm passers get GM's and Coaches fired. Accurate passers do not. Arm strength can also get better over time, but accuracy rarely ever gets better.
-
He's not much of a down field passer, but shannys system doesn't place a high importance on going long. Short and midrange accuracy are required though, which teddy has in spades.
It's smart to take an accurate passer over a strong arm passer. Strong arm passers get GM's and Coaches fired. Accurate passers do not. Arm strength can also get better over time, but accuracy rarely ever gets better.
It's smart to take an accurate passer over a strong arm passer. Strong arm passers get GM's and Coaches fired. Accurate passers do not. Arm strength can also get better over time, but accuracy rarely ever gets better.
Sounds like a description of DA & Brandy to me .........
-
@mike-h said:
The more I read, the more it seems like massive groupthink, and then certain guys trying to break out from the herd with outlandish opinions.
Hoge and Jaws are definitely seeking web hits, there's no way with all their experience they can believe Manziel isn't worth a 1st 2nd or 3rd-round pick.
Starting to hate this.
I finished my grad school project yesterday and am going to get back into the swing of things, just in time, but it's gotten to the point where this event is more about popularity and rumor to drive advertising than it is about talent evaluation.
Probably just my tendency to think conspiracy but I often wonder how many of their professional opinions are impacted by generous agents?
-
are you suggesting monetary compensation?
back in the day the record co.'s would send out their reps to radio stations and give the djs drugs and women to play their music.
wouldn't it be great to kiper get caught with his pants down by some video crew having his knob polished by some agent's fluffer?
-
Why the fuck are some people so high on Johnny Football?
I'd love to see a demographics breakdown of those that love Johnny and those that don't. See if there's any correlation anywhere
-
Why the fuck are some people so high on Johnny Football?
I'd love to see a demographics breakdown of those that love Johnny and those that don't. See if there's any correlation anywhere
Why the fuck are some people so high on Johnny Football?
I'd love to see a demographics breakdown of those that love Johnny and those that don't. See if there's any correlation anywhere
Leadership, intangibles, and most importantly moxie.
Johnny Manziel takes the excitement, leadership, and shitty mechanics of Tebow, and mixes it with the diminutive frame of Colt McCoy. He's just won games at every level he's played.
^Sums up pretty much everyone who's pro JFF
-
Why the fuck are some people so high on Johnny Football?
I'd love to see a demographics breakdown of those that love Johnny and those that don't. See if there's any correlation anywhere
Leadership, intangibles, and most importantly moxie.
Johnny Manziel takes the excitement, leadership, and shitty mechanics of Tebow, and mixes it with the diminutive frame of Colt McCoy. He's just won games at every level he's played.
^Sums up pretty much everyone who's pro JFF
Leadership, intangibles, and most importantly moxie.
Johnny Manziel takes the excitement, leadership, and shitty mechanics of Tebow, and mixes it with the diminutive frame of Colt McCoy. He's just won games at every level he's played.
^Sums up pretty much everyone who's pro JFF
I can't believe I'm doing this here but I gotta defend Johnny a bit. His mechanics, throwing motion, and ball placement are fucking leagues ahead of Tebow. I'm sorry but you cannot equate Manziel's throwing to Tebow's and get away with it. Manziel CAN throw a fucking football. His problem is he struggles mightily to stay consistent with his mechanics and he makes stupid stupid decisions when throwing the ball by trying to go for it all every play. If he can learn to play smarter, tighten up and develop consistency with his mechanics, and relax in the pocket he will have a very very bright career ahead of him, provided he doesn't get smooshed first.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login