Skip to content

Teddy Bridgewater

The Browns Board
57 25 2.3k
  • @mike-h said:

    Have a source for that?

    Because I have this:

    Charley Casserly: 7 QBs in 2014 draft rate higher than EJ Manuel

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24522156/charley-casserly-7-qbs-in-2014-draft-rate-higher-than-ej-manuel

    it was said by someone in a round table discussion very early on after the super bowl. i don't know if was a local WFAN morning show like boomer and carton or some espn hacks like mcshay or kiper. they've probably taken back what they said, but that point was the only thing i remember about the discussion. and no, i don't know what they were basing their point on.

    casserly is alright, i know it says he is basing his comments on manuel's college career, (which i really don't remember anything about) but i rarely agree with everything he says. hell i rarely agree with everything anybody says, except of course, my wife.

    i love these guys that don't have a job anymore that go into broadcasting because no one wants them fucking up their team. even savage made it to the desk on some network.

    hell holmgren should interview. he'd fit right in.

  • Johnny Football. Bilgewater = Akili Smith, no thanks.

  • @mike-h said:

    Have a source for that?

    Because I have this:

    Charley Casserly: 7 QBs in 2014 draft rate higher than EJ Manuel

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24522156/charley-casserly-7-qbs-in-2014-draft-rate-higher-than-ej-manuel

    it was said by someone in a round table discussion very early on after the super bowl. i don't know if was a local WFAN morning show like boomer and carton or some espn hacks like mcshay or kiper. they've probably taken back what they said, but that point was the only thing i remember about the discussion. and no, i don't know what they were basing their point on.

    casserly is alright, i know it says he is basing his comments on manuel's college career, (which i really don't remember anything about) but i rarely agree with everything he says. hell i rarely agree with everything anybody says, except of course, my wife.

    i love these guys that don't have a job anymore that go into broadcasting because no one wants them fucking up their team. even savage made it to the desk on some network.

    hell holmgren should interview. he'd fit right in.

    @miktoxic said:

    it was said by someone in a round table discussion very early on after the super bowl. i don't know if was a local WFAN morning show like boomer and carton or some espn hacks like mcshay or kiper. they've probably taken back what they said, but that point was the only thing i remember about the discussion. and no, i don't know what they were basing their point on.

    casserly is alright, i know it says he is basing his comments on manuel's college career, (which i really don't remember anything about) but i rarely agree with everything he says. hell i rarely agree with everything anybody says, except of course, my wife.

    i love these guys that don't have a job anymore that go into broadcasting because no one wants them fucking up their team. even savage made it to the desk on some network.

    hell holmgren should interview. he'd fit right in.

    Oh hell no Mik. I would fucking vomit if I had to watch that walrus blubber incessantly on my tv. Ugh, Yuck. I hate that man, no not a man, a damn cretin.

  • I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.

    Mike

  • I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.

    Mike

    I agree. You have to admit the "fire" is one thing JF definitely has. I'm not excited about any QB in this draft. The underlying theme I'm seeing on the board now is faith in Farmer, and I completely agree. Draft talk is sure getting old, but with an interesting draft I think most of it is warranted. Can't wait for it to get here.
  • @canton-mike said:

    I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.

    Mike

    I agree. You have to admit the "fire" is one thing JF definitely has. I'm not excited about any QB in this draft. The underlying theme I'm seeing on the board now is faith in Farmer, and I completely agree. Draft talk is sure getting old, but with an interesting draft I think most of it is warranted. Can't wait for it to get here.

    @comeonman said:

    I agree. You have to admit the "fire" is one thing JF definitely has. I'm not excited about any QB in this draft. The underlying theme I'm seeing on the board now is faith in Farmer, and I completely agree. Draft talk is sure getting old, but with an interesting draft I think most of it is warranted. Can't wait for it to get here.

    Agree with you here. I would prefer to grab a "can't miss" impact player @ #4 (Watkins/Clowney/Mack) and go after a QB w/ #26 or #35. Wouldn't be too pissed if we traded up out of #26 if Farmer & Co. feel the guy they want will be off the board @ #26.

  • @mike-h said:

    No such thing.

    unfortunately you're right.

  • @mike-h said:

    No such thing.

    unfortunately you're right.

    @mike-h said:

    No such thing.

    @walterwhite said:

    No such thing at all.

    Richardson was a can't miss player, so was Winslow, Edwards, Robert Gallery, and hundreds of others.

    @miktoxic said:

    unfortunately you're right.

    Points well taken.

  • IMO there are most definitely can't miss players. Do some of them flop? Of course. Andrew Luck was the epitome of a can't miss talent. I believe Clowney and Watkins are as well, but I very well could be wrong. If your argument would be there aren't any can't miss players in this draft, I could certainly see and respect that

  • He's not much of a down field passer, but shannys system doesn't place a high importance on going long. Short and midrange accuracy are required though, which teddy has in spades.

    @choco said:

    He's not much of a down field passer, but shannys system doesn't place a high importance on going long. Short and midrange accuracy are required though, which teddy has in spades.

    It's smart to take an accurate passer over a strong arm passer. Strong arm passers get GM's and Coaches fired. Accurate passers do not. Arm strength can also get better over time, but accuracy rarely ever gets better.

  • @choco said:

    He's not much of a down field passer, but shannys system doesn't place a high importance on going long. Short and midrange accuracy are required though, which teddy has in spades.

    It's smart to take an accurate passer over a strong arm passer. Strong arm passers get GM's and Coaches fired. Accurate passers do not. Arm strength can also get better over time, but accuracy rarely ever gets better.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    It's smart to take an accurate passer over a strong arm passer. Strong arm passers get GM's and Coaches fired. Accurate passers do not. Arm strength can also get better over time, but accuracy rarely ever gets better.

    Sounds like a description of DA & Brandy to me .........

  • @mike-h said:

    The more I read, the more it seems like massive groupthink, and then certain guys trying to break out from the herd with outlandish opinions.

    Hoge and Jaws are definitely seeking web hits, there's no way with all their experience they can believe Manziel isn't worth a 1st 2nd or 3rd-round pick.

    Starting to hate this.

    I finished my grad school project yesterday and am going to get back into the swing of things, just in time, but it's gotten to the point where this event is more about popularity and rumor to drive advertising than it is about talent evaluation.

    Probably just my tendency to think conspiracy but I often wonder how many of their professional opinions are impacted by generous agents?

  • are you suggesting monetary compensation?

    back in the day the record co.'s would send out their reps to radio stations and give the djs drugs and women to play their music.

    wouldn't it be great to kiper get caught with his pants down by some video crew having his knob polished by some agent's fluffer?

  • Why the fuck are some people so high on Johnny Football?

    I'd love to see a demographics breakdown of those that love Johnny and those that don't. See if there's any correlation anywhere

  • Why the fuck are some people so high on Johnny Football?

    I'd love to see a demographics breakdown of those that love Johnny and those that don't. See if there's any correlation anywhere

    @mld-woody said:

    Why the fuck are some people so high on Johnny Football?

    I'd love to see a demographics breakdown of those that love Johnny and those that don't. See if there's any correlation anywhere

    Leadership, intangibles, and most importantly moxie.

    Johnny Manziel takes the excitement, leadership, and shitty mechanics of Tebow, and mixes it with the diminutive frame of Colt McCoy. He's just won games at every level he's played.

    ^Sums up pretty much everyone who's pro JFF

  • @mld-woody said:

    Why the fuck are some people so high on Johnny Football?

    I'd love to see a demographics breakdown of those that love Johnny and those that don't. See if there's any correlation anywhere

    Leadership, intangibles, and most importantly moxie.

    Johnny Manziel takes the excitement, leadership, and shitty mechanics of Tebow, and mixes it with the diminutive frame of Colt McCoy. He's just won games at every level he's played.

    ^Sums up pretty much everyone who's pro JFF

    @vaportrail said:

    Leadership, intangibles, and most importantly moxie.

    Johnny Manziel takes the excitement, leadership, and shitty mechanics of Tebow, and mixes it with the diminutive frame of Colt McCoy. He's just won games at every level he's played.

    ^Sums up pretty much everyone who's pro JFF

    I can't believe I'm doing this here but I gotta defend Johnny a bit. His mechanics, throwing motion, and ball placement are fucking leagues ahead of Tebow. I'm sorry but you cannot equate Manziel's throwing to Tebow's and get away with it. Manziel CAN throw a fucking football. His problem is he struggles mightily to stay consistent with his mechanics and he makes stupid stupid decisions when throwing the ball by trying to go for it all every play. If he can learn to play smarter, tighten up and develop consistency with his mechanics, and relax in the pocket he will have a very very bright career ahead of him, provided he doesn't get smooshed first.

  • All Bridgewater has done since being the best passer in college football is throw badly in a t-shirt and shorts. If anyone thinks it means anything, they don't deserve a job in the NFL.

  • i don't have a job in the nfl but i can still see and bridgewater has done nothing to impress me.

    i'd rather see JF land here than that china doll.

  • i don't have a job in the nfl but i can still see and bridgewater has done nothing to impress me.

    i'd rather see JF land here than that china doll.

    @miktoxic said:

    i don't have a job in the nfl but i can still see and bridgewater has done nothing to impress me.

    i'd rather see JF land here than that china doll.

    If this doesn't impress you than you are a tough sell!

  • @miktoxic said:

    i don't have a job in the nfl but i can still see and bridgewater has done nothing to impress me.

    i'd rather see JF land here than that china doll.

    If this doesn't impress you than you are a tough sell!

    @osiris said:

    If this doesn't impress you than you are a tough sell!

    i've seen that. impressive how he got out of the containment but if that's what you want, look at film from JF. he did that twice a game, every game basically.

    a 'miracle' toss to a wide open guy in the end zone does nothing for me. if a QB CAN'T do that then they shouldn't play the position.

    i personally don't like either of them but if you want 'miracle' throws and escapability there's no way bridgewater even comes close to JF.