Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Trade Hypotheticals and Rumors

Trade Hypotheticals and Rumors

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
Cousins
119 Posts 49 Posters 4.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ohioborn O
    • 53 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    O ohioborn wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Would you trade the #4 pick to Dallas for their #16 and #46 and next years #1?

    Latest rumor, has Dallas offering their #16 and #46 this year plus their #1 next year for our #4 this year.

    VaporTrailV DieHardBrownsFanD 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • cvcanedy cvcanedyC
      • 420 Posts
      • 47 Reputation
      cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I'd strongly consider it. Especially depending on who goes 1-3

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 6k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
        #3

        They want Manziel. I'd probably do it. Then we draft 16, 26, 30whatever, and 46. That's 4 players in the top 50 which should fill 4 holes. Plus 2 first rounders next year if we want to move up to pick a QB.

        hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Bummie B
          • 164 Posts
          • 10 Reputation
          B Bummie wrote on last edited by Bummie
          #4

          If they believe in Hoyer and don't see much separation between the QBs in the top 5, or even top 8 for that matter, I would jump all over it. We could walk into day 3 with solid prospects at 3-4 positions of need...CB, WR, G, ILB, and could package some day three picks to move up into the second for a 3th pick, or up into the third for a 3rd pick in those rounds.

          But then again, its like Farmer said...is the trade off for the guy we would get at 4 be worth the guy we would get at 16 and 46 this year and with the extra pick next year? I have a feeling it would be.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Tiott T
            • 200 Posts
            • 5 Reputation
            T Tiott wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Yes.

            Then you can make a trade to try to have 3 1st round picks.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Well, lets see: #4 has a Draft Value rating of 1800 points

              #16 is worth 1000 pts, and #46 worth 440 pts. So, this year you are trading 1800 for 1440 pts. Plus the pick next year would have a range of from 3000 for the #1 overall down to 590 if the Cowboys won the Super Bowl.

              So 1800 points for a range of 2030 pts. to 4400 pts.

              Point value wise, you would be pretty far ahead in the long run. The question, as always, is what use would you make of those picks.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                • 24k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
                #7

                yeah if mack and clowney come off the board before 4, I'd def hit that trade with dallas.Question is, do they give us their #1 next year or do we take Romo? It's one or the other. If they don't want to give up Romo that's fine, but then we get their #1 next year and maybe a 2nd the following year.

                Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • cvcanedy cvcanedyC
                  • 420 Posts
                  • 47 Reputation
                  cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @walterwhite said:

                  No. I take Manziel for ourselves so we can win our division

                  Is this guy not deleted yet?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  👍
                  Quote Reply
                  • Thomaspro T
                    • 178 Posts
                    • 9 Reputation
                    T Thomaspro wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    2 third round picks for Kirk Cousins of the Redskins?

                    CLEinCHIC 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • CLEinCHI CLEinCHIC
                      • 201 Posts
                      • 15 Reputation
                      CLEinCHIC CLEinCHI wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I think it all depends on what happens with the Top 3 picks - I think its a great trade if Clowney is off the board.

                      #16 - Denard

                      #26: Carr

                      #35: Robinson (Penn state)

                      #46: Yakely

                      B MLD WoodyM 2 Replies Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • CLEinCHIC CLEinCHI

                        I think it all depends on what happens with the Top 3 picks - I think its a great trade if Clowney is off the board.

                        #16 - Denard

                        #26: Carr

                        #35: Robinson (Penn state)

                        #46: Yakely

                        Bummie B
                        • 164 Posts
                        • 10 Reputation
                        B Bummie wrote on last edited by Bummie
                        #11

                        @cleinchi said:

                        I think it all depends on what happens with the Top 3 picks - I think its a great trade if Clowney is off the board.

                        #16 - Denard

                        #26: Carr

                        #35: Robinson (Penn state)

                        #46: Yakely

                        I like it...I had something similar in mind:

                        16: Gilbert/Dennard

                        26: Carr

                        35: Benjamin/Robinson

                        46: Yankee

                        3a: Top safety

                        3b: Christian Jones

                        3c: Charles Simms (move up from the 4th)

                        At that point, it would be pretty crazy to imagine how our already young team would look going into the draft next year if all of the above picks worked out...and I don't think it's a stretch to think they could.

                        DawgPoundFL2827D 1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                          • 39k Posts
                          • 9k Reputation
                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Yep!

                          WSS

                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • B Bummie

                            @cleinchi said:

                            I think it all depends on what happens with the Top 3 picks - I think its a great trade if Clowney is off the board.

                            #16 - Denard

                            #26: Carr

                            #35: Robinson (Penn state)

                            #46: Yakely

                            I like it...I had something similar in mind:

                            16: Gilbert/Dennard

                            26: Carr

                            35: Benjamin/Robinson

                            46: Yankee

                            3a: Top safety

                            3b: Christian Jones

                            3c: Charles Simms (move up from the 4th)

                            At that point, it would be pretty crazy to imagine how our already young team would look going into the draft next year if all of the above picks worked out...and I don't think it's a stretch to think they could.

                            DawgPoundFL2827 DawgPoundFL2827D
                            • 3 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            DawgPoundFL2827D DawgPoundFL2827 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @bummie said:

                            I like it...I had something similar in mind:

                            16: Gilbert/Dennard

                            26: Carr

                            35: Benjamin/Robinson

                            46: Yankee

                            3a: Top safety

                            3b: Christian Jones

                            3c: Charles Simms (move up from the 4th)

                            At that point, it would be pretty crazy to imagine how our already young team would look going into the draft next year if all of the above picks worked out...and I don't think it's a stretch to think they could.

                            I think Kyle Fuller would be a better pick at 16 than those 2. Fuller is a beast at DB great speed, good hands. At Virginia Tech he was man to man and was a huge part of the secondary. Also he was coached by one of the best D coordinators in Bud Foster so you know the kid has it mentally.

                            B 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                              • 57k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              NO...1 4th rounder.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • DawgPoundFL2827D DawgPoundFL2827

                                @bummie said:

                                I like it...I had something similar in mind:

                                16: Gilbert/Dennard

                                26: Carr

                                35: Benjamin/Robinson

                                46: Yankee

                                3a: Top safety

                                3b: Christian Jones

                                3c: Charles Simms (move up from the 4th)

                                At that point, it would be pretty crazy to imagine how our already young team would look going into the draft next year if all of the above picks worked out...and I don't think it's a stretch to think they could.

                                I think Kyle Fuller would be a better pick at 16 than those 2. Fuller is a beast at DB great speed, good hands. At Virginia Tech he was man to man and was a huge part of the secondary. Also he was coached by one of the best D coordinators in Bud Foster so you know the kid has it mentally.

                                Bummie B
                                • 164 Posts
                                • 10 Reputation
                                B Bummie wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @dawgpoundfl2827 said:

                                I think Kyle Fuller would be a better pick at 16 than those 2. Fuller is a beast at DB great speed, good hands. At Virginia Tech he was man to man and was a huge part of the secondary. Also he was coached by one of the best D coordinators in Bud Foster so you know the kid has it mentally.

                                I wouldn't be upset with it. He's in my top 3. Gilbert is my number 1. I think he's the best option for a press man corner. Dennard and Fuller are a split for me. I'd take either of them. Pettine would get the most from each.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • O ohioborn

                                  Would you trade the #4 pick to Dallas for their #16 and #46 and next years #1?

                                  Latest rumor, has Dallas offering their #16 and #46 this year plus their #1 next year for our #4 this year.

                                  VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 6k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
                                  #16

                                  @ohioborn said:

                                  Latest rumor, has Dallas offering their #16 and #46 this year plus their #1 next year for our #4 this year.

                                  [citation needed]

                                  Seriously, dude. This looks like bullshit, where's your source?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  👍
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • T Thomaspro

                                    2 third round picks for Kirk Cousins of the Redskins?

                                    CLEinCHI CLEinCHIC
                                    • 201 Posts
                                    • 15 Reputation
                                    CLEinCHIC CLEinCHI wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @thomaspro said:

                                    2 third round picks for Kirk Cousins of the Redskins?

                                    No, Hoyer = Cousins

                                    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • CLEinCHIC CLEinCHI

                                      @thomaspro said:

                                      2 third round picks for Kirk Cousins of the Redskins?

                                      No, Hoyer = Cousins

                                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @cleinchi said:

                                      No, Hoyer = Cousins

                                      Tru dat. Munch Bishop calls Cousins "Hoyer Lite", because they both played at Mich. St.

                                      Speaking of Michigan St. QBs:

                                      RIP Earl Morrall who died this week. Starter of SB III where Colts were highly favored over Joe Namath's Jets. Plus, it was he, not Bob Griese who primarily guided the Dolphins through their undefeated season in 1972.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 6k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        The only rumor that I've read is that the Cowboys are determine to get Manziel.

                                        Here's an article that says it's absolutely not true.

                                        http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/29/2014-nfl-draft-dallas-cowboys-not-drafting-johnny-manziel/?eref=sihp

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 10k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @mike-h said:

                                          No rumor that I can find.

                                          It seems to have started on WKNR this morning.

                                          "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate