Skip to content

One more week until Draft Day -THANK GOD

The Browns Board
57 24 1.9k
  • G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Thank the Lord. I am drained by all this seoculation ans hummerdingerin as well. Let's get this show on the road. Real excited to see what we do and will support Farmer and Pettine no matter what they do (provided its not something completely Retarded).

    GO BROWNS!

  • Thank the Lord. I am drained by all this seoculation ans hummerdingerin as well. Let's get this show on the road. Real excited to see what we do and will support Farmer and Pettine no matter what they do (provided its not something completely Retarded).

    GO BROWNS!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    GuNNerGatSKy said:

    Thank the Lord. I am drained by all this seoculation ans hummerdingerin as well. Let's get this show on the road. Real excited to see what we do and will support Farmer and Pettine no matter what they do (provided its not something completely Retarded).

    GO BROWNS!

    Hummdingering? Are you from like Hooterville? 😵

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #15

    im fixin' to hummding down to package store for some Maker's

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Thursday through Saturday I'm doing nothing but eating ass fire chili and ass fire coney dogs and watching the draft. I'm going to be sooooooooo happy... As long as my internet and watch espn keeps working.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #17

    Coney dogs are a damn good idea!! I just bought 8 packs of my favorite Hebrew National Jumbos. BTW, do you have a kickass coney sauce recipe that can be shared. While there are many out there, any I've found are either too ketchuppy sweet or sort of "muddy" tasting.

    Mike

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I don't know, I need to see a few more mock drafts before the draft gets here...

  • Well Browns fans it's almost time to stop guessing and start judging who the Browns pick up in this year's Draft. I don't know about you but this year in particular has been a grind. Through the elongated draft process the news-cycle has touched on such compelling narratives like "hand size is the most important measurement for a QB" to "Jadaveon Clowney has a horrible work ethic" and of course "Johnny Football reminds me of (Flutie, Tarkengton, Favre ect)".

    So what has been your favorite stroryline/ narrative/ overblown bit of media in this year's draft?

    GO BROWNS!

    SCDawg82S SCDawg82 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @cleinchi said:

    Well Browns fans it's almost time to stop guessing and start judging who the Browns pick up in this year's Draft. I don't know about you but this year in particular has been a grind. Through the elongated draft process the news-cycle has touched on such compelling narratives like "hand size is the most important measurement for a QB" to "Jadaveon Clowney has a horrible work ethic" and of course "Johnny Football reminds me of (Flutie, Tarkengton, Favre ect)".

    So what has been your favorite stroryline/ narrative/ overblown bit of media in this year's draft?

    GO BROWNS!

    My favorite is the smokescreen of Clowney's "Work Ethic". That's such non sense.... Teams want him to slide so they can come up and get up for less. That dude is horrifying! I think he'd be better off in a 4-3, but he'll dominate wherever he is. You'd have to give me an RGIII type trade package to get me to move back. Which sounds like the falcons might do.

  • Thursday through Saturday I'm doing nothing but eating ass fire chili and ass fire coney dogs and watching the draft. I'm going to be sooooooooo happy... As long as my internet and watch espn keeps working.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Thursday through Saturday I'm doing nothing but eating ass fire chili and ass fire coney dogs and watching the draft. I'm going to be sooooooooo happy... As long as my internet and watch espn keeps working.

    @canton-mike said:

    Coney dogs are a damn good idea!! I just bought 8 packs of my favorite Hebrew National Jumbos. BTW, do you have a kickass coney sauce recipe that can be shared. While there are many out there, any I've found are either too ketchuppy sweet or sort of "muddy" tasting.

    Mike

    I also would like the recipe for some ass fire coney sauce

  • Coney dogs are a damn good idea!! I just bought 8 packs of my favorite Hebrew National Jumbos. BTW, do you have a kickass coney sauce recipe that can be shared. While there are many out there, any I've found are either too ketchuppy sweet or sort of "muddy" tasting.

    Mike

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @canton-mike said:

    Coney dogs are a damn good idea!! I just bought 8 packs of my favorite Hebrew National Jumbos. BTW, do you have a kickass coney sauce recipe that can be shared. While there are many out there, any I've found are either too ketchuppy sweet or sort of "muddy" tasting.

    Mike

    now that's something i'd be interested in too.

    there used to be an old dive bar up here that sold pickled eggs and hot pickled sauges, the little fire hots. man talk about montezuma's revenge the next day.

    maybe i'll get a box of tabasco slim jims, ice cold beers and a bottle of stoli to stick in the freezer. wake up with the shits and zits.

    yeah baby!

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Don't forget the the best bbq chips on earth, Snyders of Berlin BAR-B-Q chips. I get 42 small bags of those babies at Sam's Club for about 9 bucks & keep 'em in a "never empty" plastic tote in the Man Cave. In fact, this year I plan to make the big tailgate & I just may bring a couple cases of those chips. The small bags have a LOT more "stuff" on 'em than the large sized bags. Slim Jims sound good too & that reminds me that I need to make some beef jerky soon.

    Mike

  • Nuckin FutzN Nuckin Futz wrote on last edited by Nuckin Futz
    #23
    Coney Island Sauce


    Ingredients:


    1 lb ground chuck

    1 large onion, chopped

    2 garlic cloves, minced

    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste

    1 cup water

    1 tablespoon sugar

    1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard

    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes

    2 teaspoons chili powder

    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

    1 teaspoon salt

    1/2 teaspoon celery seed

    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)

    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper


    Directions:


    1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done.

    2. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.

    3. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.


    Don't forget the Hebrew Nationals! Best fuckin dogs on the planet.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #24

    i like the sabretts natural casing better than hebrew national. they got that snap when you bite into 'em.

    like coney dogs, but miss the chicago style with the sport peppers on top. now that's hot.

  • Coney Island Sauce


    Ingredients:


    1 lb ground chuck

    1 large onion, chopped

    2 garlic cloves, minced

    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste

    1 cup water

    1 tablespoon sugar

    1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard

    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes

    2 teaspoons chili powder

    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

    1 teaspoon salt

    1/2 teaspoon celery seed

    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)

    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper


    Directions:


    1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done.

    2. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.

    3. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.


    Don't forget the Hebrew Nationals! Best fuckin dogs on the planet.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @nuckin-futz said:

    Coney Island Sauce
    Ingredients:
    1 lb ground chuck
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon celery seed
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    Directions:
    1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done.
    2. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.
    3. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.
    Don't forget the Hebrew Nationals! Best fuckin dogs on the planet.

    THANK YOU!! This sounds like a really good sauce & this old man will definitely be trying this "Nuckin Futz Dawg Sauce" Friday & Saturday during the draft although I bet I'll try it THIS weekend.

    Mike

  • i like the sabretts natural casing better than hebrew national. they got that snap when you bite into 'em.

    like coney dogs, but miss the chicago style with the sport peppers on top. now that's hot.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @miktoxic said:

    i like the sabretts natural casing better than hebrew national. they got that snap when you bite into 'em.

    like coney dogs, but miss the chicago style with the sport peppers on top. now that's hot.

    I got introduced to, & fell in love with the Chicago style dogs at Gold Coast Dogs in Chicago many years ago & they are still the ultimate hot dog in my book. I'll have to try the Sabretts and/or Vienna Beef natural casing dogs this year at our tailgates, which are simple.....Hebrew National Hot dogs, Johnsonville Stadium Brats, Bertman's Ballpark mustard, Snyders of Berlin BBQ chips & a selection of craft beers.

    Mike

  • Soon JF be wearing Cleveland Uniform and all will be good.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Soon JF be wearing Cleveland Uniform and all will be good.

    JF- hit by bus outside Radio City Music Hall- draft stock plummets.

    @canton-mike said:

    Don't forget the the best bbq chips on earth, Snyders of Berlin BAR-B-Q chips. I get 42 small bags of those babies at Sam's Club for about 9 bucks & keep 'em in a "never empty" plastic tote in the Man Cave. In fact, this year I plan to make the big tailgate & I just may bring a couple cases of those chips. The small bags have a LOT more "stuff" on 'em than the large sized bags. Slim Jims sound good too & that reminds me that I need to make some beef jerky soon.

    Mike

    It's about time you and Cal decided to show up. If I didn't have to work most of the day Thursday, I'd join you at the Draft Day Party.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #28

    oh come on guys you know you love it. We've still got time for 2 or 3 more threads about which quarterback you would take...

    and 2 or 3 more threads reminding you that you are homosexual for picking whoever you pick.

    😁

    WSS

  • oh come on guys you know you love it. We've still got time for 2 or 3 more threads about which quarterback you would take...

    and 2 or 3 more threads reminding you that you are homosexual for picking whoever you pick.

    😁

    WSS

    LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @westside-steve said:

    oh come on guys you know you love it. We've still got time for 2 or 3 more threads about which quarterback you would take...

    and 2 or 3 more threads reminding you that you are homosexual for picking whoever you pick.

    😁

    WSS

    but the extra two weeks though

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Skyline

  • Soon JF be wearing Cleveland Uniform and all will be good.

    brnfan16B brnfan16 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Soon JF be wearing Cleveland Uniform and all will be good.

    Thinking that Mr. Football will want his famous No. 2 when he comes in. Just imagine all you ol Couch fans can just change the name on the back and your old jersey is good to go. Like the pick, but Hoyer is going to be "the" guy for starting...

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    To Do List

    Order wings

    Stock up on beer ( Breckenridge Vanilla Porter @ Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale )

    Decide whether it is ESPN or NFL Network I watch it on

    Finalize my mock draft 1st round at NFL.com

    Take phone off hook from 7.59pm Thursday

    Prepare the cuss words for this message board when we do a typical Brown's draft 🙂