Skip to content

Player Value

The Browns Board
19 11 1.5k
  • I don't feel we have the picks to trade away to get high enough to take Beanie (barring a DA trade for way more then I feel he's valued at) when we could have Greene in the 2nd.

    and I'm sad ADVERTISEMENT withdrew from the draft, I was hoping the Vikings would take it.

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    i still say having three inexperienced cbs is risky. also im just not sold on jenkins. i know he is a good kid that does very well in class, but he wasn't tested that much in the season. however his speed is electric and i think will eventually be a pretty good cb in the pros. however, we need someone who will make a difference now. cbs take too long to get acclimated to the nfl.

    I honestly think that Jenkins may end up being a safety. He has the size for it...and with his speed he could be an impact player at that position. His versatility to play BOTH safety and corner is why I am thinking he may be a good pickup.

    I think Alo has also mentioned that Jenkins may project well at S...and if we lose Jones...we are going to need a top notch safety from somewhere...as Adams is the next guy on our depth chart. He is a nice player...but I would hate to think of him as our #1 S.

    @wpb-dawg-fan said:

    I honestly think that Jenkins may end up being a safety. He has the size for it...and with his speed he could be an impact player at that position. His versatility to play BOTH safety and corner is why I am thinking he may be a good pickup.

    I think Alo has also mentioned that Jenkins may project well at S...and if we lose Jones...we are going to need a top notch safety from somewhere...as Adams is the next guy on our depth chart. He is a nice player...but I would hate to think of him as our #1 S.

    jenkins' versatility in coverage would open up a ton of defensive possibilities if the coaching staff's willing to make use of them. with a safety who can cover as well as jenkins can, there's less need to sub in your nickel package which lets you keep your base D in more or shift to something exotic like a 2-5-4 to really confuse the offense. as a defensive guy, that kind of flexibility would be very tempting. it almost makes me want jenkins.

  • Since the Browns will be playing a cover two zone most of the time, Jenkins would be a waste at #5 even if they project him as a safety. There are great safety and CB prospects through round 3, which makes getting additional picks a priority.

    Brown's can't pass on Curry. He is the perfect fit next to Jackson. Then again, can you pass up a talent like Crabtree. This is a stronger, faster Edwards that can make all the catches. I think other teams just might want to trade up to grab him, so we would have a tough decision.

    Sorry, but Mangini would take a offensive lineman before a corner at #5. He mentioned "musts" and "needs" yesterday in his press conference. I believe ILB is in that "must" catagory. He has stressed on more then one occasion that stopping the run is his number one priority on defense. So, I say ILB and SS are musts. Pass rusher, OL and CB are needs.

  • Brown's can't pass on Curry. He is the perfect fit next to Jackson.

    No doubt he is good....but he is a OLB....he is a great cover backer...teams aren't going to bury him in the middle if they want to get the best out of the guy.

    He is a 4-3 SOLB.

    The more this goes, I see Everett Brown as the selection, taking Wimps spot and sending Wimp over to the other side to compete with Peek and whoever else for the other OLB starting position.

    We will live with Jackson and beau or whoever else in the middle.

    That or we won't go backer at all and take Jenkins....you can't go wrong selecting a Champ Bailey type player.

  • It would be nice to trade DA to Detroit for their 20th pick that they got from Dallas so we could get a couple of stud defensive players.

    wishful thinking.

  • wishful thinking.

    Indeed.....

    Maybe DA and our 2nd for this pick and their 4th.

  • Just hoping that Shonn Greene lands in our hands in the second round....

  • Scouts and Curry himself have both said his best attribute is his ability to shed blocks. That is a perfect fit next to DQ, who is a chaser.

  • Scouts and Curry himself have both said his best attribute is his ability to shed blocks. That is a perfect fit next to DQ, who is a chaser.

    @d-qwimbley said:

    Scouts and Curry himself have both said his best attribute is his ability to shed blocks. That is a perfect fit next to DQ, who is a chaser.

    Actually he is everything you want in a 3-4 SILB. He is quick, athletic, has speed, works well in traffic and uses his hands well to ge off of blocks. He also is very good as a cover LB. He drops into coverage well.

    Best part is that he will compliment Jackson well. He is not a pass rushing 3-4 OLB like some think he can be.

  • Actually he is everything you want in a 3-4 SILB. He is quick, athletic, has speed, works well in traffic and uses his hands well to ge off of blocks. He also is very good as a cover LB. He drops into coverage well.

    I agree!

    Here are some nice Curry highlights from the Florida State game: