Justin Gilbert
-
rich4eagle and ghoolie for a 7th rounder?
price is too steep.
-
I will admit he was more raw than Dennard, but more pro ready than Fuller. He also has the dimensions and athletic skill that you just can't teach. If you were looking for players with instant NFL talent that don't need hardly any coaching on their mechanics, then Dennard and Verrret would have been your choices, but they also went #24 and #25 overall for a reason (Dennard only as average athletic ability and below average speed, Verret is short with injury issues).
I like the pick. I think he can be even better than Haden in a few years, and Haden is an all pro talent. I think asking this guy to come in and have him strictly cover the #2 WR, instead of sticking him and Haden to specific sides of the field will help him be successful in his rookie year while he developed some of his finer mechanics more.
But at the same time he isn't all that raw in coverage. His biggest knock is that he isn't a great tackler. However Haden wasn't considered a good tackler either, and now he is considered one of the best tackling CB in the league.
-
I don't like this soju character. We shoulda traded up and got ghoolie.
I don't like this soju character. We shoulda traded up and got ghoolie.
I think you're mad.
-
He's not even the best lock down CB in the draft. He's physical but a shut down corner like Haden is...he's just not. Should have grabbed Watkins, then jumped up to get Johnny, take Evans somehow then get Manziel.
Just do not like this Gilbert kid.
He's not even the best lock down CB in the draft. He's physical but a shut down corner like Haden is...he's just not. Should have grabbed Watkins, then jumped up to get Johnny, take Evans somehow then get Manziel.
Just do not like this Gilbert kid.
And nothing said about his return ability. You sir don't know shit about football.
-
He's not even the best lock down CB in the draft. He's physical but a shut down corner like Haden is...he's just not. Should have grabbed Watkins, then jumped up to get Johnny, take Evans somehow then get Manziel.
Just do not like this Gilbert kid.
And nothing said about his return ability. You sir don't know shit about football.
And nothing said about his return ability. You sir don't know shit about football.
well that's not true at all. You should apologize for making such an asinine statement.
-
I don't like this soju character. We shoulda traded up and got ghoolie.
I think you're mad.
-
And nothing said about his return ability. You sir don't know shit about football.
well that's not true at all. You should apologize for making such an asinine statement.
-
Ya, everyone is forgetting that next to Beckham and Watkins, he is the best return man in the draft. Last year we got fucked when Benjamin went down. We didn't have anyone to return the ball. Now we have Benjamin, Hawkins, and Gilbert.
-
Until They got Manziel, I hated it too! I thought it was a HUGE reach, for a guy who wasn't even the consensus best CB in the draft! At this point (#4), everything had fallen into place to take Watkins who isn't a gamble, who WOULD start day one and give the team a huge boost!
But, in the end, I'm wrong because this Front Office proved they knew what they were doing getting a #1 next year, and getting the best QB in the draft (My opinion, you don't have to agree or even like it). Instead of not giving a $%^& about the rest of the draft and really next season, now I'm fired up to see who they pick the rest of the way out!
-
Soju your such a big fucking crybaby. How do you enjoy living such a negative, pessimistic existence? You must be fucking miserable.
-
Couldn't be more wrong. This is a great pick. #2 CB was our 2nd biggest need, and when you're talking about playing against Roethlisberger, Dalton, and Flacco twice a year, you need to have two great CBs to prevent those guys from shreading you. Having two great man coverage CBs also allows you to bring extra blitzers, which we have plenty of...
The only bigger need was backup/developmental QB - and we got one of those as well. Kudos to Farmer and his team. I hope they keep it up...
-
Bottom line. Even an excellent defense, which the browns might have if Gilbert lives up to a top ten talent, wears out if your offense goes 3&out EVERY SERIES. The Browns biggest need was an offensive weapon to keep the defense off the field. This was a very deep draft at CB, But again, I'm pumped now! I can't decide if you go with Lee or Xavier at #35......?
-
Bottom line. Even an excellent defense, which the browns might have if Gilbert lives up to a top ten talent, wears out if your offense goes 3&out EVERY SERIES. The Browns biggest need was an offensive weapon to keep the defense off the field. This was a very deep draft at CB, But again, I'm pumped now! I can't decide if you go with Lee or Xavier at #35......?
Bottom line. Even an excellent defense, which the browns might have if Gilbert lives up to a top ten talent, wears out if your offense goes 3&out EVERY SERIES. The Browns biggest need was an offensive weapon to keep the defense off the field. This was a very deep draft at CB, But again, I'm pumped now! I can't decide if you go with Lee or Xavier at #35......?
I'm betting that's what the FO believes they have done at 22, just a hunch.
-
Bottom line. Even an excellent defense, which the browns might have if Gilbert lives up to a top ten talent, wears out if your offense goes 3&out EVERY SERIES. The Browns biggest need was an offensive weapon to keep the defense off the field. This was a very deep draft at CB, But again, I'm pumped now! I can't decide if you go with Lee or Xavier at #35......?
I'm betting that's what the FO believes they have done at 22, just a hunch.
-
Joe Haden will be moved to #2 in the next two years.
-
He's not even the best lock down CB in the draft. He's physical but a shut down corner like Haden is...he's just not. Should have grabbed Watkins, then jumped up to get Johnny, take Evans somehow then get Manziel.
Just do not like this Gilbert kid.
He's not even the best lock down CB in the draft. He's physical but a shut down corner like Haden is...he's just not. Should have grabbed Watkins, then jumped up to get Johnny, take Evans somehow then get Manziel.
Just do not like this Gilbert kid.
So you're not going to put the blinders on and say this is an awesome pick like everyone else on this homer board? Every move the Browns make is a smart, strategic move. If you disagree with that, Soju, you're a f* moron.
I'll be cool with the pick when Gilbert does well on the field. Noone knows how this will pan out, but he def wouldn't have been my first pick and I certainly wouldnt have traded up with Minn when they wouldn't have got him. I'm happy with our 1st round. Need to address WR and OL tonight.
-
Bottom line. Even an excellent defense, which the browns might have if Gilbert lives up to a top ten talent, wears out if your offense goes 3&out EVERY SERIES. The Browns biggest need was an offensive weapon to keep the defense off the field. This was a very deep draft at CB, But again, I'm pumped now! I can't decide if you go with Lee or Xavier at #35......?
Bottom line. Even an excellent defense, which the browns might have if Gilbert lives up to a top ten talent, wears out if your offense goes 3&out EVERY SERIES. The Browns biggest need was an offensive weapon to keep the defense off the field. This was a very deep draft at CB, But again, I'm pumped now! I can't decide if you go with Lee or Xavier at #35......?
This draft is no where nearly as deep at CB as it is at WR. Cality starting CB are pretty much gone at this point, there are still 4-5 good WR's still on the board. The difference between the 1st wave of WR to the 2nd, compared to the 1st and 2nd wave of CB, is staggeringly different. There are like 1, maybe two, fringe top CB guys left, then the drop off after them is just ridiculous.
So you're not going to put the blinders on and say this is an awesome pick like everyone else on this homer board? Every move the Browns make is a smart, strategic move. If you disagree with that, Soju, you're a f* moron.
I'll be cool with the pick when Gilbert does well on the field. Noone knows how this will pan out, but he def wouldn't have been my first pick and I certainly wouldnt have traded up with Minn when they wouldn't have got him. I'm happy with our 1st round. Need to address WR and OL tonight.
I don't think he is the best CB talent wise who was drafted that will play next season. I think in 3 years he will be the best CB from this draft. That is what you draft for. How good do you project this player to be 2-3 years down the road. Dennard, as it stands now, it most likely the most talented CB to be drafted who will play next season. I expect him to have a better rookie season on defense. However I also don't see him getting much better than what he currently is. I think he is just about maxed out as a player. He is going to be a solid starting CB with a few pro bowls under his belt if he is as good as we think he is right now. Gilbert on the other hand could see much better and be a year to year all pro in a few seasons and I think he can do that.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login