Browns knew about Gordon an now tanking 2014
-
i jumped all over a guy last week for posting something about trading gordon.
well, i'd like to officially apologize to whoever it was that knew WTF they were talking about.
i've got no patience for assholes who can't stay in the game because they like smoking trees more than they like dedicating themselves to their craft.
talent or not, if it was my call i'd shitcan the fucker today.
-
How is tank mode even possible on May 10th? Do people really think about what they are typing before they post it? I can promise you, the fo is not in tank mode four months before the season starts. Gordon can suck a bag of dicks for all I care, and I don't give a shit about his pot usage. Shit, I probably smoke more than him, so fuck him. He is one player. One. All but four wins in the NFL last year were without Josh Gordon getting the ball. We'll be fine. Tank mode, really?
-
Sammy Watkins
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Derek Carr
Carlos Hyde
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Honestly, at this point- I would have rather had the Raider's Draft.
-
-
-
I would never go to the door. Just venting.
I actually like our draft, or the guys we got.
Gilbert- Amazing CB
Manziel- Part QB part God
Bortonio- Mauler O Lineman
West- intriguing RB prospect/wonder if he can pull it off after jumping up 5 talent levels though
Desir- I think would be an amazing FS, at worst better than Gipson
-
Sammy Watkins
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Derek Carr
Carlos Hyde
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Honestly, at this point- I would have rather had the Raider's Draft.
Sammy Watkins
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Derek Carr
Carlos Hyde
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Honestly, at this point- I would have rather had the Raider's Draft.
Except that the Raiders got Mack and in the 1st not Watkins and didn't get Xavier, but hey they did gt Derek Carr.
I would much rather have our draft. we took BPA. Desir was a STEAL -
looking at the draft so far in hindsight sure you can make arguments about we should of picked this guy at that # and this guy there.
the one thing i'm most proud of being a fan of the browns is the way farmer came out after thursday night and answered questions about the gordon mess and why they didn't pick WR and he said he's not going to let an off the field issue affect or divert from their board and their philosophy concerning this year's draft. that shows me MFing strength dude. like fuck everyone else we're doing it this way, like or not.
-
looking at the draft so far in hindsight sure you can make arguments about we should of picked this guy at that # and this guy there.
the one thing i'm most proud of being a fan of the browns is the way farmer came out after thursday night and answered questions about the gordon mess and why they didn't pick WR and he said he's not going to let an off the field issue affect or divert from their board and their philosophy concerning this year's draft. that shows me MFing strength dude. like fuck everyone else we're doing it this way, like or not.
looking at the draft so far in hindsight sure you can make arguments about we should of picked this guy at that # and this guy there.
the one thing i'm most proud of being a fan of the browns is the way farmer came out after thursday night and answered questions about the gordon mess and why they didn't pick WR and he said he's not going to let an off the field issue affect or divert from their board and their philosophy concerning this year's draft. that shows me MFing strength dude. like fuck everyone else we're doing it this way, like or not.
Yep. We can address WR in a number of ways. Farmer & Pettine have stayed the course regardless of public & media pressure to hit the panic button. These guys are the REAL DEAL.
Mike
-
I never said it wasnt a good draft I like all the picks I just dont see how they translate into wins can someone explain that... When u look at the hole of things an the top guys knew what was going on how can u not scratch your head an wonder
I never said it wasnt a good draft I like all the picks I just dont see how they translate into wins can someone explain that... When u look at the hole of things an the top guys knew what was going on how can u not scratch your head an wonder
Well, in spite of our 4-12 record, we managed to beat Cincy & the Ratbirds. We've been more competitive in the AFC North the last 2 years.
Our draft (on paper of course) looks like it shored up a seriously leaky defense (3rd & long was awful for our D). We play the AFC & NFC South divisions, plus Oakland & Buffalo. It's not as brutal as last year's schedule IMHO.
-
-
A better OL gives the qb more time to check off his primary target. Gordon had a great year but there were no guarantees going forward. Who knows maybe Little will step up, this draft was good. One player does not win you games, let's wait and see. I said on another forum the real wildcard is Pettine, the rookie coach has to make it work.
-
-
-
Because when Gordon posted the most yards in the league last year, we still finished 4-12. I'd venture to say Gordon and Cameron gave us a better set of pass catchers than a lot of teams. Why did we go 4-12...we couldn't rush the ball (OL/RB), we took 49 sacks (OL/QB), and we gave up too many plays on D (ILB/CB). Positions addressed. I saw a plan, poise, and a lack of pacic from a from office faced with expectation from fans to "win now," who after having their draft plans rocked 2 weeks ago by Gordon, stayed true and didn't make rookie mistakes.
Because when Gordon posted the most yards in the league last year, we still finished 4-12. I'd venture to say Gordon and Cameron gave us a better set of pass catchers than a lot of teams. Why did we go 4-12...we couldn't rush the ball (OL/RB), we took 49 sacks (OL/QB), and we gave up too many plays on D (ILB/CB). Positions addressed. I saw a plan, poise, and a lack of pacic from a from office faced with expectation from fans to "win now," who after having their draft plans rocked 2 weeks ago by Gordon, stayed true and didn't make rookie mistakes.
Great post Bummie. Totally agree. No panic...stayed the course. That's how the professionals do it.
-
VesnaKociper said:
Offense wins. The Browns have no offense........... 4 - 12
I'm seeing 4-12 right along with you bud. But If offense wins go explain how Denver's super offense laid a super egg in the Super Bowl against a super DEFENSE.

I'm seeing 4-12 right along with you bud. But If offense wins go explain how Denver's super offense laid a super egg in the Super Bowl against a super DEFENSE.

Mhmmm sooo many super defenses win it every year...dead wrong..it happens every few years then everyone goes "look..defenses wins championships" keep telling yourself that..because we both know its not true.
-
I'm seeing 4-12 right along with you bud. But If offense wins go explain how Denver's super offense laid a super egg in the Super Bowl against a super DEFENSE.

Mhmmm sooo many super defenses win it every year...dead wrong..it happens every few years then everyone goes "look..defenses wins championships" keep telling yourself that..because we both know its not true.
-
You need a combination of both. Having the #1 offense normally doesn't mean shit if your defense is giving up points just as quickly. Same thing goes for defense. You can have the #1 defense in the NFL, but if if you don't have an offense that can at least stay on the field for an extended period of time, your defense isn't going to do shit.
-
Because when Gordon posted the most yards in the league last year, we still finished 4-12. I'd venture to say Gordon and Cameron gave us a better set of pass catchers than a lot of teams. Why did we go 4-12...we couldn't rush the ball (OL/RB), we took 49 sacks (OL/QB), and we gave up too many plays on D (ILB/CB). Positions addressed. I saw a plan, poise, and a lack of pacic from a from office faced with expectation from fans to "win now," who after having their draft plans rocked 2 weeks ago by Gordon, stayed true and didn't make rookie mistakes.
Because when Gordon posted the most yards in the league last year, we still finished 4-12. I'd venture to say Gordon and Cameron gave us a better set of pass catchers than a lot of teams. Why did we go 4-12...we couldn't rush the ball (OL/RB), we took 49 sacks (OL/QB), and we gave up too many plays on D (ILB/CB). Positions addressed. I saw a plan, poise, and a lack of pacic from a from office faced with expectation from fans to "win now," who after having their draft plans rocked 2 weeks ago by Gordon, stayed true and didn't make rookie mistakes.
Great post Bummie! The "sky is falling cuz we got no WRs" crowd won't get it, but I'm going to bookmark it, so midway through the season I can repost it. I don't know if we're going to go from 4-12 to 11-5 (I doubt it), but I fully expect to see better, more competitive and better yet, tougher football all season long when compared to anything we've been forced to endure in recent years........ Hell, since Belichick.
-
I haven't heard a logical explanation for why that happened anywhere. There are hundreds of people getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for the insights to the NFL. Not one of these guys, nor any of the mugs here on this board seem to have any fucking clue whatsoever. I am assuming that they felt they were okay with what they had. Why is that? Who the hell knows.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login