Browns knew about Gordon an now tanking 2014
-
Because when Gordon posted the most yards in the league last year, we still finished 4-12. I'd venture to say Gordon and Cameron gave us a better set of pass catchers than a lot of teams. Why did we go 4-12...we couldn't rush the ball (OL/RB), we took 49 sacks (OL/QB), and we gave up too many plays on D (ILB/CB). Positions addressed. I saw a plan, poise, and a lack of pacic from a from office faced with expectation from fans to "win now," who after having their draft plans rocked 2 weeks ago by Gordon, stayed true and didn't make rookie mistakes.
Because when Gordon posted the most yards in the league last year, we still finished 4-12. I'd venture to say Gordon and Cameron gave us a better set of pass catchers than a lot of teams. Why did we go 4-12...we couldn't rush the ball (OL/RB), we took 49 sacks (OL/QB), and we gave up too many plays on D (ILB/CB). Positions addressed. I saw a plan, poise, and a lack of pacic from a from office faced with expectation from fans to "win now," who after having their draft plans rocked 2 weeks ago by Gordon, stayed true and didn't make rookie mistakes.
Great post Bummie. Totally agree. No panic...stayed the course. That's how the professionals do it.
-
VesnaKociper said:
Offense wins. The Browns have no offense........... 4 - 12
I'm seeing 4-12 right along with you bud. But If offense wins go explain how Denver's super offense laid a super egg in the Super Bowl against a super DEFENSE.

I'm seeing 4-12 right along with you bud. But If offense wins go explain how Denver's super offense laid a super egg in the Super Bowl against a super DEFENSE.

Mhmmm sooo many super defenses win it every year...dead wrong..it happens every few years then everyone goes "look..defenses wins championships" keep telling yourself that..because we both know its not true.
-
I'm seeing 4-12 right along with you bud. But If offense wins go explain how Denver's super offense laid a super egg in the Super Bowl against a super DEFENSE.

Mhmmm sooo many super defenses win it every year...dead wrong..it happens every few years then everyone goes "look..defenses wins championships" keep telling yourself that..because we both know its not true.
-
You need a combination of both. Having the #1 offense normally doesn't mean shit if your defense is giving up points just as quickly. Same thing goes for defense. You can have the #1 defense in the NFL, but if if you don't have an offense that can at least stay on the field for an extended period of time, your defense isn't going to do shit.
-
Because when Gordon posted the most yards in the league last year, we still finished 4-12. I'd venture to say Gordon and Cameron gave us a better set of pass catchers than a lot of teams. Why did we go 4-12...we couldn't rush the ball (OL/RB), we took 49 sacks (OL/QB), and we gave up too many plays on D (ILB/CB). Positions addressed. I saw a plan, poise, and a lack of pacic from a from office faced with expectation from fans to "win now," who after having their draft plans rocked 2 weeks ago by Gordon, stayed true and didn't make rookie mistakes.
Because when Gordon posted the most yards in the league last year, we still finished 4-12. I'd venture to say Gordon and Cameron gave us a better set of pass catchers than a lot of teams. Why did we go 4-12...we couldn't rush the ball (OL/RB), we took 49 sacks (OL/QB), and we gave up too many plays on D (ILB/CB). Positions addressed. I saw a plan, poise, and a lack of pacic from a from office faced with expectation from fans to "win now," who after having their draft plans rocked 2 weeks ago by Gordon, stayed true and didn't make rookie mistakes.
Great post Bummie! The "sky is falling cuz we got no WRs" crowd won't get it, but I'm going to bookmark it, so midway through the season I can repost it. I don't know if we're going to go from 4-12 to 11-5 (I doubt it), but I fully expect to see better, more competitive and better yet, tougher football all season long when compared to anything we've been forced to endure in recent years........ Hell, since Belichick.
-
I haven't heard a logical explanation for why that happened anywhere. There are hundreds of people getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for the insights to the NFL. Not one of these guys, nor any of the mugs here on this board seem to have any fucking clue whatsoever. I am assuming that they felt they were okay with what they had. Why is that? Who the hell knows.
WSS
-
WR's are shiny hood ornaments. They complete the offense, they do not make it. OL>WR every day of the week. Think about it: An average-to-good game for a WR is being on the other end of a pass for only 4 plays each game.
Jerry Rice was not the centerpiece of the SF offense; it was #1 before he was drafted. However, the year prior to Rice, the leading receiver was Roger Craig.
The offense will be better with Bitonio over Lee. The defense will be better with Gilbert over Watkins. The offense will be better with Manziel as well.
Instead of worrying about Gordon being out, think of the Browns getting a high draft pick next year.. in addition to 2 first-round picks in the draft.
-
VesnaKociper said:
Offense wins. The Browns have no offense........... 4 - 12
Depends on the Gordon situation really. We lost a couple games because our def sucks balls. We were only in the lead because of Gordon. Now we can run the ball with Tate and our oline (assuming). There is plenty of time to pull a trade or two for some WR help.
4-12 isn't out of the picture but neither is 8-8 or better.
You ain't drafting a receiver that automatically becomes a number 1 in year 1. Maybe after a year or two but not right away.
-
by the way this whole tanking the season conspiracy theory is so fucking ridiculous that it makes Alex Jones sound rational.
WSS
-
WR's are shiny hood ornaments. They complete the offense, they do not make it. OL>WR every day of the week. Think about it: An average-to-good game for a WR is being on the other end of a pass for only 4 plays each game.
Jerry Rice was not the centerpiece of the SF offense; it was #1 before he was drafted. However, the year prior to Rice, the leading receiver was Roger Craig.
The offense will be better with Bitonio over Lee. The defense will be better with Gilbert over Watkins. The offense will be better with Manziel as well.
Instead of worrying about Gordon being out, think of the Browns getting a high draft pick next year.. in addition to 2 first-round picks in the draft.
Instead of worrying about Gordon being out, think of the Browns getting a high draft pick next year.. in addition to 2 first-round picks in the draft.
Well I was with you until that part. I do not want the Browns to have a high 1st round pick ... Unless you mean high in # like 20+ or do you mean high like early? Oh god, I just talked (typed??) myself in a circle.
-
Sammy Watkins
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Derek Carr
Carlos Hyde
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Honestly, at this point- I would have rather had the Raider's Draft.
Sammy Watkins
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Derek Carr
Carlos Hyde
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Honestly, at this point- I would have rather had the Raider's Draft.
But guess what the Browns now have that the Bills don't. Extra 1st and 4th round picks next year. I say the Browns look a hell of a lot better when you add it all up.
-
-
-
He's a homo who wants every browns player to touch his balls
-
I'm seeing 4-12 right along with you bud. But If offense wins go explain how Denver's super offense laid a super egg in the Super Bowl against a super DEFENSE.

Mhmmm sooo many super defenses win it every year...dead wrong..it happens every few years then everyone goes "look..defenses wins championships" keep telling yourself that..because we both know its not true.
-
i never got the username nickers. isn't that the english name for panties?
manly.
not.
-
How has Julio jones made the falcons better? Lol.
-
How has Julio jones made the falcons better? Lol.
How has Julio jones made the falcons better? Lol.
I'm assuming you've never seen him play.
-
How has Julio jones made the falcons better? Lol.
I'm assuming you've never seen him play.
-
Let's not forget we were 4-12 even with Gordon's 1600 yards and 9 TD's. Divided those among the receivers we have (I'm sure Hoyer or Johnny could) and run and take care of the football, play solid D and we're on our way to 10 or 11 wins. Just cool it brah. If we drafted a bunch of useless players at no positions of need then I'd agree but it's evident that they addressed the major needs in the draft.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login