Skip to content

OFFICIAL 2014 UDFA Thread

The Browns Board
124 34 6.3k
  • Crowell's video package is pretty impressive. Awesome burst and quickness and runs tough. Hopefully he stays away from Gordon's pot parties.

    @d-bone said:

    Crowell's video package is pretty impressive. Awesome burst and quickness and runs tough. Hopefully he stays away from Gordon's pot parties.

    Some guys with a past turn it around & some don't, but with this kid's talent & the fact he's a bargain as a UDFA, why not see what he can do? IMHO he's a fantastic pick up & the price is right.

    Mike

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Unless he practices really bad I don't see that happening. Like I said, they keep shaw all offseason and preseason so he can learn the offense, cut him when they need to trim it to 53, and then if Hoyer or Manziel go down, they resign him. I don't think Shaw has any chance of seeing playing time this year, but at the same time I don't think they are going to risk putting him on the PS unless he doesn't do well during the preseason.

    Except Shaw would be snatched up within hours of being cut, so that reasoning is flawed.

    Shaw is too valuable to cut, but too disposable to matter. He's a guy they'd try to sneak on the practice squad, but wouldn't clear waivers.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except Shaw would be snatched up within hours of being cut, so that reasoning is flawed.

    Shaw is too valuable to cut, but too disposable to matter. He's a guy they'd try to sneak on the practice squad, but wouldn't clear waivers.

    I ment to say Thig not Shaw in my previous comment.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except Shaw would be snatched up within hours of being cut, so that reasoning is flawed.

    Shaw is too valuable to cut, but too disposable to matter. He's a guy they'd try to sneak on the practice squad, but wouldn't clear waivers.

    I ment to say Thig not Shaw in my previous comment.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I ment to say Thig not Shaw in my previous comment.

    Oh. Well that makes sense, then.

    I agree.

    This is a good problem to have.

    A bunch of able bodied quarterbacks with winning experience that fit the offensive system? I don't know if I've ever seen this before.

  • Browns just signed UDFA Elhadji Ndiaye DE. Some super freak athletic dude playing Div II. 6'5 255 pounds and ran a 4.48 at his pro day. Only has two years of football experience but was apparently very productive.

  • Browns just signed UDFA Elhadji Ndiaye DE. Some super freak athletic dude playing Div II. 6'5 255 pounds and ran a 4.48 at his pro day. Only has two years of football experience but was apparently very productive.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Browns just signed UDFA Elhadji Ndiaye DE. Some super freak athletic dude playing Div II. 6'5 255 pounds and ran a 4.48 at his pro day. Only has two years of football experience but was apparently very productive.

    Saw that today too. If there's a guy to to raw ability on D and make him a solid player, it's Pettine. He's in good hands, glad to have him.
  • Our Supposed Best Undrafted WR

    Here he is. I guess he broke all records at Ball State and "all he did was make plays."

    Willie Snead

    @soju said:

    Our Supposed Best Undrafted WR

    Here he is. I guess he broke all records at Ball State and "all he did was make plays."

    Willie Snead

    Saw this today (some spreadsheets too that I haven't gone through yet) - WR Metrics :

    http://www.allprofootballsource.com/2014-nfl-draft-prospects-watch-list/

    WR

    Jarvis Landry: 92.5

    Games watched in 2013: Texas A&M

    Brandon Coleman: 89.5

    Games watched in 2013: Fresno State, Louisville

    Marquise Lee: 89.25

    Games watched in 2013: Arizona State, UCLA

    Sammy Watkins: 89

    Games watched in 2013: Georgia, NC State

    Brandin Cooks: 89

    Games watched in 2013: Cal, Oregon State

    Willie Snead: 88.5

    Games watched in 2013: Central Michigan

    Justin Hardy: 88.5

    Games watched in 2013: Southern Mississippi

    Mike Evans: 88

    Games watched in 2013: Alabama, Arkansas

  • In his ability to catch the ball in traffic, and instincts... he reminds me

    of my favorite sleeper wr in the draft, Abbredaris. Maybe Snead ran the 40 time faster for the

    Browns than he ran at the combine. Or maybe, he isn't a track guy,...

    The one player I regret the Browns not getting is Abbredaris. We'll see how he works out for the Packers.

  • In his ability to catch the ball in traffic, and instincts... he reminds me

    of my favorite sleeper wr in the draft, Abbredaris. Maybe Snead ran the 40 time faster for the

    Browns than he ran at the combine. Or maybe, he isn't a track guy,...

    The one player I regret the Browns not getting is Abbredaris. We'll see how he works out for the Packers.

    @calfoxwc said:

    In his ability to catch the ball in traffic, and instincts... he reminds me

    of my favorite sleeper wr in the draft, Abbredaris. Maybe Snead ran the 40 time faster for the

    Browns than he ran at the combine. Or maybe, he isn't a track guy,...

    The one player I regret the Browns not getting is Abbredaris. We'll see how he works out for the Packers.

    He did. I think he ran a 4.5 or just above at his pro day. 4.6 was his combine number.

  • Browns just signed UDFA Elhadji Ndiaye DE. Some super freak athletic dude playing Div II. 6'5 255 pounds and ran a 4.48 at his pro day. Only has two years of football experience but was apparently very productive.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Browns just signed UDFA Elhadji Ndiaye DE. Some super freak athletic dude playing Div II. 6'5 255 pounds and ran a 4.48 at his pro day. Only has two years of football experience but was apparently very productive.

    Athletic as hell, but watch his highlights....almost every tackle is an arm tackle. He definitely is a project.

    Mike

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Browns just signed UDFA Elhadji Ndiaye DE. Some super freak athletic dude playing Div II. 6'5 255 pounds and ran a 4.48 at his pro day. Only has two years of football experience but was apparently very productive.

    Athletic as hell, but watch his highlights....almost every tackle is an arm tackle. He definitely is a project.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Athletic as hell, but watch his highlights....almost every tackle is an arm tackle. He definitely is a project.

    Mike

    I noticed that when I watched it last night. Plus he plays high. However I think those are the two easier things to teach. But still a big project.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Athletic as hell, but watch his highlights....almost every tackle is an arm tackle. He definitely is a project.

    Mike

    I noticed that when I watched it last night. Plus he plays high. However I think those are the two easier things to teach. But still a big project.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I noticed that when I watched it last night. Plus he plays high. However I think those are the two easier things to teach. But still a big project.

    I'll say this. That kid has some LOOOONG arms! LOL

    Mike