Connor Shaw
-
It's the offseason, it always gets gay in here. Between the draft and training camp is the worst. The fact that our fourth string quarterback has an 11 page thread while the corner we drafted #8 overall has a one page thread buried 5 pages back is all you need to know right now.@mike-h said:
I'd rather a JFF fan who will cheer for the Browns, than an old, pathetic group of bitches who will root against him (and the Browns in the process) just because they can't accept being wrong.
Some of you guys act like you're 13 years old, have actual convictions about your shitty media-fed football opinions, and are ego maniacs above all else, including Browns fans.
Fossils like Hoorta and Tour will lie, and claim neutral at times because they realize theye wrong, but they let the venom show plenty.
Mik is just an alcohol-fueled parrot of other people's bad opinions. Not as bad as the former guys, because he actually makes jokes when he's on a weekend bender. If you're going to devote so much time here, at least Mik is funny.
Gipper and Zombo are like the last two reasons to even come here (of the regulars, there are plenty of good casual posters who get drowned out by assholes). TCPO also fucks bitches with written words from time to time. He even knows football, which escapes plenty here.
But they aren't enough.
After vacation, I read through a lot of these posts and none are even worth a reply.. from a football standpoint, this place has gone completely to shit.
I think it's crazy how much time some people spend here, one of the worst collections of football dialogues I've ever read.
Be proud, because this place used to be fun until the dumbest voices became the loudest.
Good luck, go Browns.
Tour and Hoorta are excellent Browns fans and I always find their takes interesting whether I agree or not.
And what's wrong with a little venom?
Things shift from player performance to poster personality in the offseason, and that's where things always get ugly. The good news is that women are wearing less clothes and there are some very tastey summer ales out there.
And yes, Mik is funny. That's why he is here. Walter was not.
Z
-
As a new guy to the board, l truly appreciated that. Ironically, this is also probably the time of year when guys like myself go hunting for other sources of football talk because after the draft there's a lull in the press. We get fired up about the upcoming season but there ain't no new news. So here l am.
With that said, Fuck Yeah, Connor Shaw!!!
-
LOL @ Zombo easing the tensions between the new Browns fans (JF fans A&M drones) and the browns fan on this board.
-
It's the offseason, it always gets gay in here. Between the draft and training camp is the worst. The fact that our fourth string quarterback has an 11 page thread while the corner we drafted #8 overall has a one page thread buried 5 pages back is all you need to know right now.@mike-h said:
I'd rather a JFF fan who will cheer for the Browns, than an old, pathetic group of bitches who will root against him (and the Browns in the process) just because they can't accept being wrong.
Some of you guys act like you're 13 years old, have actual convictions about your shitty media-fed football opinions, and are ego maniacs above all else, including Browns fans.
Fossils like Hoorta and Tour will lie, and claim neutral at times because they realize theye wrong, but they let the venom show plenty.
Mik is just an alcohol-fueled parrot of other people's bad opinions. Not as bad as the former guys, because he actually makes jokes when he's on a weekend bender. If you're going to devote so much time here, at least Mik is funny.
Gipper and Zombo are like the last two reasons to even come here (of the regulars, there are plenty of good casual posters who get drowned out by assholes). TCPO also fucks bitches with written words from time to time. He even knows football, which escapes plenty here.
But they aren't enough.
After vacation, I read through a lot of these posts and none are even worth a reply.. from a football standpoint, this place has gone completely to shit.
I think it's crazy how much time some people spend here, one of the worst collections of football dialogues I've ever read.
Be proud, because this place used to be fun until the dumbest voices became the loudest.
Good luck, go Browns.
Tour and Hoorta are excellent Browns fans and I always find their takes interesting whether I agree or not.
And what's wrong with a little venom?
Things shift from player performance to poster personality in the offseason, and that's where things always get ugly. The good news is that women are wearing less clothes and there are some very tastey summer ales out there.
And yes, Mik is funny. That's why he is here. Walter was not.
Z
Zombo said:
It's the offseason, it always gets gay in here. Between the draft and training camp is the worst. The fact that our fourth string quarterback has an 11 page thread while the corner we drafted #8 overall has a one page thread buried 5 pages back is all you need to know right now.
Tour and Hoorta are excellent Browns fans and I always find their takes interesting whether I agree or not.
And what's wrong with a little venom?
Things shift from player performance to poster personality in the offseason, and that's where things always get ugly. The good news is that women are wearing less clothes and there are some very tastey summer ales out there.
And yes, Mik is funny. That's why he is here. Walter was not.
Z
So much of the inanity that has gone on here over the years has always had to do with someone's preference for this or that Quarterback.
I wasn't on here much in the days in the days, apparently, that the likes of Shep and Lumbergh each had their love affairs with either Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson. I was, luckily, spared all that. Apparently the split was so bad that neither of them post here any more. I guess maybe they went and started their own forum because Stan and Z et al (I surmise) said shut the fuck up alreay with your man love battles over these two.....bad....quarterbacks. (Doesn't it all seem so stupid now).
And certainly there had to be man love battles over Couch and Holcomb. And more recently between Colt McCoy and Weeden? (or was someone else in there in the mean time).
It does all become a huge major bore....and I tune it out at least about 80% of the time. I gloss right over all those man love arguments about this QB or that one.
I am a fan of the Browns QB....whomever that may be. And I don't care if it is one guy or another....Couch/Holcomb/Frye/Anderson/Quinn/McCoy/Weeden/Hoyer/Manziel.
Just give me a motherfucking quarterback who will win games and I will support him and won't care otherwise.
-
The thing that kills me with all this is I swear some of you want a guy to fail to be "right". Honestly at this point Satan himself could line up under center and I'd root for the dude if he was winning games. I was fine with the opinions of any guy before the draft but at this point it's simple. Manziel (and Shaw and Hoyer) are Browns now. Root for the fucking team and hope they win with those guys. Or would some of you really prefer to be right and sit through 10 more years of crappy browns football?
-
Zombo said:
It's the offseason, it always gets gay in here. Between the draft and training camp is the worst. The fact that our fourth string quarterback has an 11 page thread while the corner we drafted #8 overall has a one page thread buried 5 pages back is all you need to know right now.
Tour and Hoorta are excellent Browns fans and I always find their takes interesting whether I agree or not.
And what's wrong with a little venom?
Things shift from player performance to poster personality in the offseason, and that's where things always get ugly. The good news is that women are wearing less clothes and there are some very tastey summer ales out there.
And yes, Mik is funny. That's why he is here. Walter was not.
Z
So much of the inanity that has gone on here over the years has always had to do with someone's preference for this or that Quarterback.
I wasn't on here much in the days in the days, apparently, that the likes of Shep and Lumbergh each had their love affairs with either Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson. I was, luckily, spared all that. Apparently the split was so bad that neither of them post here any more. I guess maybe they went and started their own forum because Stan and Z et al (I surmise) said shut the fuck up alreay with your man love battles over these two.....bad....quarterbacks. (Doesn't it all seem so stupid now).
And certainly there had to be man love battles over Couch and Holcomb. And more recently between Colt McCoy and Weeden? (or was someone else in there in the mean time).
It does all become a huge major bore....and I tune it out at least about 80% of the time. I gloss right over all those man love arguments about this QB or that one.
I am a fan of the Browns QB....whomever that may be. And I don't care if it is one guy or another....Couch/Holcomb/Frye/Anderson/Quinn/McCoy/Weeden/Hoyer/Manziel.
Just give me a motherfucking quarterback who will win games and I will support him and won't care otherwise.
I am a fan of the Browns QB....whomever that may be. And I don't care if it is one guy or another....Couch/Holcomb/Frye/Anderson/Quinn/McCoy/Weeden/Hoyer/Manziel.
Just give me a motherfucking quarterback who will win games and I will support him and won't care otherwise.
Didn't read this before but yep, that's exactly it.
-
The thing that kills me with all this is I swear some of you want a guy to fail to be "right". Honestly at this point Satan himself could line up under center and I'd root for the dude if he was winning games. I was fine with the opinions of any guy before the draft but at this point it's simple. Manziel (and Shaw and Hoyer) are Browns now. Root for the fucking team and hope they win with those guys. Or would some of you really prefer to be right and sit through 10 more years of crappy browns football?
The thing that kills me with all this is I swear some of you want a guy to fail to be "right". Honestly at this point Satan himself could line up under center and I'd root for the dude if he was winning games. I was fine with the opinions of any guy before the draft but at this point it's simple. Manziel (and Shaw and Hoyer) are Browns now. Root for the fucking team and hope they win with those guys. Or would some of you really prefer to be right and sit through 10 more years of crappy browns football?
I don't think anyone wants any of them to fail. Winning is key. I could care less if Hoyer, Thigpen, shaw, manziel or Chomps taking snaps on gameday. Winning on sundays is all that we care about.
-
@mike-h said:
I'd rather a JFF fan who will cheer for the Browns, than an old, pathetic group of bitches who will root against him (and the Browns in the process) just because they can't accept being wrong.
Some of you guys act like you're 13 years old, have actual convictions about your shitty media-fed football opinions, and are ego maniacs above all else, including Browns fans.
Fossils like Hoorta and Tour will lie, and claim neutral at times because they realize theye wrong, but they let the venom show plenty.
Mik is just an alcohol-fueled parrot of other people's bad opinions. Not as bad as the former guys, because he actually makes jokes when he's on a weekend bender. If you're going to devote so much time here, at least Mik is funny.
Gipper and Zombo are like the last two reasons to even come here (of the regulars, there are plenty of good casual posters who get drowned out by assholes). TCPO also fucks bitches with written words from time to time. He even knows football, which escapes plenty here.
But they aren't enough.
After vacation, I read through a lot of these posts and none are even worth a reply.. from a football standpoint, this place has gone completely to shit.
I think it's crazy how much time some people spend here, one of the worst collections of football dialogues I've ever read.
Be proud, because this place used to be fun until the dumbest voices became the loudest.
Good luck, go Browns.
So this is goodbye?

-
I think that is sarcasm from Mike H
-
Zombo said:
It's the offseason, it always gets gay in here. Between the draft and training camp is the worst. The fact that our fourth string quarterback has an 11 page thread while the corner we drafted #8 overall has a one page thread buried 5 pages back is all you need to know right now.
Tour and Hoorta are excellent Browns fans and I always find their takes interesting whether I agree or not.
And what's wrong with a little venom?
Things shift from player performance to poster personality in the offseason, and that's where things always get ugly. The good news is that women are wearing less clothes and there are some very tastey summer ales out there.
And yes, Mik is funny. That's why he is here. Walter was not.
Z
So much of the inanity that has gone on here over the years has always had to do with someone's preference for this or that Quarterback.
I wasn't on here much in the days in the days, apparently, that the likes of Shep and Lumbergh each had their love affairs with either Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson. I was, luckily, spared all that. Apparently the split was so bad that neither of them post here any more. I guess maybe they went and started their own forum because Stan and Z et al (I surmise) said shut the fuck up alreay with your man love battles over these two.....bad....quarterbacks. (Doesn't it all seem so stupid now).
And certainly there had to be man love battles over Couch and Holcomb. And more recently between Colt McCoy and Weeden? (or was someone else in there in the mean time).
It does all become a huge major bore....and I tune it out at least about 80% of the time. I gloss right over all those man love arguments about this QB or that one.
I am a fan of the Browns QB....whomever that may be. And I don't care if it is one guy or another....Couch/Holcomb/Frye/Anderson/Quinn/McCoy/Weeden/Hoyer/Manziel.
Just give me a motherfucking quarterback who will win games and I will support him and won't care otherwise.
So much of the inanity that has gone on here over the years has always had to do with someone's preference for this or that Quarterback.
I wasn't on here much in the days in the days, apparently, that the likes of Shep and Lumbergh each had their love affairs with either Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson. I was, luckily, spared all that. Apparently the split was so bad that neither of them post here any more. I guess maybe they went and started their own forum because Stan and Z et al (I surmise) said shut the fuck up alreay with your man love battles over these two.....bad....quarterbacks. (Doesn't it all seem so stupid now).
And certainly there had to be man love battles over Couch and Holcomb. And more recently between Colt McCoy and Weeden? (or was someone else in there in the mean time).
It does all become a huge major bore....and I tune it out at least about 80% of the time. I gloss right over all those man love arguments about this QB or that one.
I am a fan of the Browns QB....whomever that may be. And I don't care if it is one guy or another....Couch/Holcomb/Frye/Anderson/Quinn/McCoy/Weeden/Hoyer/Manziel.
Just give me a motherfucking quarterback who will win games and I will support him and won't care otherwise.
I think things may get real ugly around here in September/October regardless of how JFF does. We have a definite split here I reckon.
-
The thing that kills me with all this is I swear some of you want a guy to fail to be "right". Honestly at this point Satan himself could line up under center and I'd root for the dude if he was winning games. I was fine with the opinions of any guy before the draft but at this point it's simple. Manziel (and Shaw and Hoyer) are Browns now. Root for the fucking team and hope they win with those guys. Or would some of you really prefer to be right and sit through 10 more years of crappy browns football?
The thing that kills me with all this is I swear some of you want a guy to fail to be "right".
If you can find any post I have made where I have come close to saying I want any Browns player to "fail", then I will leave this board to never return.
Same offer to you, Mikey. Time to put up or shut up.
-
The thing that kills me with all this is I swear some of you want a guy to fail to be "right".
If you can find any post I have made where I have come close to saying I want any Browns player to "fail", then I will leave this board to never return.
Same offer to you, Mikey. Time to put up or shut up.
If you can find any post I have made where I have come close to saying I want any Browns player to "fail", then I will leave this board to never return.
Same offer to you, Mikey. Time to put up or shut up.
"You" was figurative, I wasn't calling out any one person in particular. In fact, my dad is one of those people who has flat out said he hopes Manziel fails to prove they made a bad draft choice. I'm just tired of reading the same garbage with people trying to stroke their ego.
-
The thing that kills me with all this is I swear some of you want a guy to fail to be "right".
If you can find any post I have made where I have come close to saying I want any Browns player to "fail", then I will leave this board to never return.
Same offer to you, Mikey. Time to put up or shut up.
-
Things will go better once you guys have decided you've put us new fans in our place.
I'll be laughing at your innernet bravado until then.
FWIW, I enjoyed visiting Cleveland a few years ago. Which was surprising given its reputation.
-
Things will go better once you guys have decided you've put us new fans in our place.
I'll be laughing at your innernet bravado until then.
FWIW, I enjoyed visiting Cleveland a few years ago. Which was surprising given its reputation.
TyperWoods said:
Things will go better once you guys have decided you've put us new fans in our place.
I'll be laughing at your innernet bravado until then.
FWIW, I enjoyed visiting Cleveland a few years ago. Which was surprising given its reputation.
It doesn't surprise us. We know how good things are here.
I on the other hand was surprised when I visited Dallas a couple of times and found how boring and uninteresting it is. Surprising given its reputation.
Really....Dealey Plaza of course was interesting, but beyond that I found it a fairly sterile morass.
Maybe I missed something. Perhaps you can fill me in on what that is.
-
@mike-h said:
I'd rather a JFF fan who will cheer for the Browns, than an old, pathetic group of bitches who will root against him (and the Browns in the process) just because they can't accept being wrong.
Some of you guys act like you're 13 years old, have actual convictions about your shitty media-fed football opinions, and are ego maniacs above all else, including Browns fans.
Fossils like Hoorta and Tour will lie, and claim neutral at times because they realize theye wrong, but they let the venom show plenty.
Mik is just an alcohol-fueled parrot of other people's bad opinions. Not as bad as the former guys, because he actually makes jokes when he's on a weekend bender. If you're going to devote so much time here, at least Mik is funny.
Gipper and Zombo are like the last two reasons to even come here (of the regulars, there are plenty of good casual posters who get drowned out by assholes). TCPO also fucks bitches with written words from time to time. He even knows football, which escapes plenty here.
But they aren't enough.
After vacation, I read through a lot of these posts and none are even worth a reply.. from a football standpoint, this place has gone completely to shit.
I think it's crazy how much time some people spend here, one of the worst collections of football dialogues I've ever read.
Be proud, because this place used to be fun until the dumbest voices became the loudest.
Good luck, go Browns.
see mike, now you're funny too, cuz that post was hilarious!
-
i should really apologize for some of the rants i've spewed at some of the new JF fans. sometimes i take this way too personal and then i realize that this is just a fan forum. it's like road raging on someone and afterwards realizing hey it's just driving dude.
i do have to give props to some here. i think somewhere in some other lifetime you must have made some dude miserable as their wife or girlfriend cuz you really know how to push those buttons.
now off to meditate with the soothing sounds of burt bacharach and ingest many martinis.
breathe in, breathe out.
-
TyperWoods said:
Things will go better once you guys have decided you've put us new fans in our place.
I'll be laughing at your innernet bravado until then.
FWIW, I enjoyed visiting Cleveland a few years ago. Which was surprising given its reputation.
It doesn't surprise us. We know how good things are here.
I on the other hand was surprised when I visited Dallas a couple of times and found how boring and uninteresting it is. Surprising given its reputation.
Really....Dealey Plaza of course was interesting, but beyond that I found it a fairly sterile morass.
Maybe I missed something. Perhaps you can fill me in on what that is.
It doesn't surprise us. We know how good things are here.
I on the other hand was surprised when I visited Dallas a couple of times and found how boring and uninteresting it is. Surprising given its reputation.
Really....Dealey Plaza of course was interesting, but beyond that I found it a fairly sterile morass.
Maybe I missed something. Perhaps you can fill me in on what that is.
Dallas itself is pretty boring. There's Deep Ellum if you are into live music. There's the State Fair of Texas, but thats a once a year thing. The West End used to be kind of a happenin' place, but not so much anymore. I enjoy going to the Pocket Sandwich Theatre on Dallas.
Mesquite, to the east, has a mice rodeo arena. Theres also Devils Bowl Speedway, which is a 1/2 mile dirt track there.
To the west, you have Arlington which has 6 Flags Amusement park, their water park, The Ballpark in Arlington where the Rangers play, Jerry's World where the Cowterds play.
And then there's Billy Bob's and The Stockyards in Ft Worth, and Texas Motor Speedway.
But Dallas itself....eh.
-
It doesn't surprise us. We know how good things are here.
I on the other hand was surprised when I visited Dallas a couple of times and found how boring and uninteresting it is. Surprising given its reputation.
Really....Dealey Plaza of course was interesting, but beyond that I found it a fairly sterile morass.
Maybe I missed something. Perhaps you can fill me in on what that is.
Dallas itself is pretty boring. There's Deep Ellum if you are into live music. There's the State Fair of Texas, but thats a once a year thing. The West End used to be kind of a happenin' place, but not so much anymore. I enjoy going to the Pocket Sandwich Theatre on Dallas.
Mesquite, to the east, has a mice rodeo arena. Theres also Devils Bowl Speedway, which is a 1/2 mile dirt track there.
To the west, you have Arlington which has 6 Flags Amusement park, their water park, The Ballpark in Arlington where the Rangers play, Jerry's World where the Cowterds play.
And then there's Billy Bob's and The Stockyards in Ft Worth, and Texas Motor Speedway.
But Dallas itself....eh.
TyperWoods said:
Dallas itself is pretty boring. There's Deep Ellum if you are into live music.
Is that a venue? LIke a concert arena/nightclub?
There's the State Fair of Texas, but thats a once a year thing.
Isn't that when OU/UT play? Could be entertaining.
The West End used to be kind of a happenin' place, but not so much anymore. I enjoy going to the Pocket Sandwich Theatre on Dallas.
Is that a live theater with plays?
Mesquite, to the east, has a mice rodeo arena.
I would assume there would be a big rodeo somewhere there. Is that the place the guy from the Dallas Buyers Club competed?
Theres also Devils Bowl Speedway, which is a 1/2 mile dirt track there.
That would not interest me.
To the west, you have Arlington which has 6 Flags Amusement park, their water park, The Ballpark in Arlington where the Rangers play, Jerry's World where the Cowterds play.
Well, those are the basics that every major city has.
And then there's Billy Bob's and The Stockyards in Ft Worth, and Texas Motor Speedway.
I have been to Billy Bobs. Truly a big shitkicker palace. The Stockyard could be interesting.
But Dallas itself....eh.
Yea, it seems that way. Both Houston and SA seem to have more interesting attractions. Does anyone ever actually "vacation" in Dallas.
I guess Dallas does have the Southfork Ranch.
(Truly, I think Cleveland is a more attractive "vacation destination" than Dallas.
-
sounds like ohio minus the rodeo stuff.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login