Connor Shaw
-
Oh and it is already bad enough with every Manziel worshipper declaring Browns fandom hoping onto the board
Present ans accounted for!

-
the souths gonna do it again!
(lose that is)
just fuckin with ya. the more the merrier.
but to harry's point can we just lop all the manziel threads together and now lop all the cooner shaw threads together? it's pretty freakin embarrassing.
-
Harry, are you telling me I cannot root for Connor Shaw, a young man who has learned his trade from a National Championship Coach and Heisman Trophy Winner?
No, I'm not telling you to not root for any player. Just don't come onto a teams board spouting about your areas own personal Jesus. Go to a Gamecocks board and talk about how excited you are for your QB to be picked up by an NFL franchise and jerk each other off over there with your fantasies of him upseating both Hoyer and Manziel. Don't come onto a teams board, without looking at any other topics (cause if you did you would understand that there are already 10 similar threads from ass wipes just like yourself) and make another meaningless topic about 1 player on a team you don't even root for.
Oh and it is already bad enough with every Manziel worshipper declaring Browns fandom hoping onto the board minutes after his selection. I want fans of the team, not fans of players who jump ship if then end up crashing and burning.
No, I'm not telling you to not root for any player. Just don't come onto a teams board spouting about your areas own personal Jesus. Go to a Gamecocks board and talk about how excited you are for your QB to be picked up by an NFL franchise and jerk each other off over there with your fantasies of him upseating both Hoyer and Manziel. Don't come onto a teams board, without looking at any other topics (cause if you did you would understand that there are already 10 similar threads from ass wipes just like yourself) and make another meaningless topic about 1 player on a team you don't even root for.
Oh and it is already bad enough with every Manziel worshipper declaring Browns fandom hoping onto the board minutes after his selection. I want fans of the team, not fans of players who jump ship if then end up crashing and burning.
And this would be the first guy grabbing his ankles if The Browns make the SB...
-
Some Chic-fil-a somewhere down south just exploded.
Are you saying that the Chic-fil-A corporation doesn't condone the gay lifestyle? I don't know about that, but, the do make a good Chicken sandwich.
Some Chic-fil-a somewhere down south just exploded.
Are you saying that the Chic-fil-A corporation doesn't condone the gay lifestyle? I don't know about that, but, the do make a good Chicken sandwich.
Yup... their President, Dan Cathy, offered 128 characters worth of his thought on gay marriage. Turned out to be one of those "temporary tweets"... or so he tried to make it.
And this would be the first guy grabbing his ankles if The Browns make the SB...
Is this a time-honored way to celebrate a major Gamecock win?
-
the souths gonna do it again!
(lose that is)
just fuckin with ya. the more the merrier.
but to harry's point can we just lop all the manziel threads together and now lop all the cooner shaw threads together? it's pretty freakin embarrassing.
-
Shaw is quite a college qb. He has some skills, and intangibles like Manziel does.
I've watched him get first down, and another first down, when you thought
there was no way he could make it happen.
That is an attribute that has been missing, along with other attributes, of Browns qb's
way too often.
Been so tired of the "cannon arm" that says to some folks "he can be great in the NFL someday".
The game is an emotional game.
I'm tired of the tremendous physical talent that turns out to not care about the game, only his paycheck.
Braylon Edwards,.... the list is long. Thank you, Trader Ray and Pettine and co., for having an intelligent
new-to-the-Browns philosophy about drafting in the NFL.
-
I should've made my name "Gamecock Frog who also happens to have been a Browns fan for 25 years" - maybe that would untangle some of these wadded-up panties.
Look, I watch games with the local Browns Backers, etc. on top of being a major Gamecock (and sorta TCU) homer. I've watched a boatload of Shaw and Manziel and other than the flashiness there are not a ton of differences in their games - I think that's all anyone is saying. Sure, if they were so similar Shaw would be a 1st rounder and JFF an UDFA - got it. No matter who it was the Browns needed a shot in the arm and a jersey selling player in this draft, period. Also happened to need a QB, so JFF makes sense. Shaw doesn't have a particularly strong arm and bird-dogs his primary receiver too much, but the guy will play in the NFL.
-
I should've made my name "Gamecock Frog who also happens to have been a Browns fan for 25 years" - maybe that would untangle some of these wadded-up panties.
Look, I watch games with the local Browns Backers, etc. on top of being a major Gamecock (and sorta TCU) homer. I've watched a boatload of Shaw and Manziel and other than the flashiness there are not a ton of differences in their games - I think that's all anyone is saying. Sure, if they were so similar Shaw would be a 1st rounder and JFF an UDFA - got it. No matter who it was the Browns needed a shot in the arm and a jersey selling player in this draft, period. Also happened to need a QB, so JFF makes sense. Shaw doesn't have a particularly strong arm and bird-dogs his primary receiver too much, but the guy will play in the NFL.
I should've made my name "Gamecock Frog who also happens to have been a Browns fan for 25 years" - maybe that would untangle some of these wadded-up panties.
Look, I watch games with the local Browns Backers, etc. on top of being a major Gamecock (and sorta TCU) homer. I've watched a boatload of Shaw and Manziel and other than the flashiness there are not a ton of differences in their games - I think that's all anyone is saying. Sure, if they were so similar Shaw would be a 1st rounder and JFF an UDFA - got it. No matter who it was the Browns needed a shot in the arm and a jersey selling player in this draft, period. Also happened to need a QB, so JFF makes sense. Shaw doesn't have a particularly strong arm and bird-dogs his primary receiver too much, but the guy will play in the NFL.
You part of the group that goes to wings and ale?
-
I should've made my name "Gamecock Frog who also happens to have been a Browns fan for 25 years" - maybe that would untangle some of these wadded-up panties.
Look, I watch games with the local Browns Backers, etc. on top of being a major Gamecock (and sorta TCU) homer. I've watched a boatload of Shaw and Manziel and other than the flashiness there are not a ton of differences in their games - I think that's all anyone is saying. Sure, if they were so similar Shaw would be a 1st rounder and JFF an UDFA - got it. No matter who it was the Browns needed a shot in the arm and a jersey selling player in this draft, period. Also happened to need a QB, so JFF makes sense. Shaw doesn't have a particularly strong arm and bird-dogs his primary receiver too much, but the guy will play in the NFL.
I should've made my name "Gamecock Frog who also happens to have been a Browns fan for 25 years"
Yes ... or Browns Frog. Who hopes Conner Shaw does well.
Zombo
-
I should've made my name "Gamecock Frog who also happens to have been a Browns fan for 25 years" - maybe that would untangle some of these wadded-up panties.
Look, I watch games with the local Browns Backers, etc. on top of being a major Gamecock (and sorta TCU) homer. I've watched a boatload of Shaw and Manziel and other than the flashiness there are not a ton of differences in their games - I think that's all anyone is saying. Sure, if they were so similar Shaw would be a 1st rounder and JFF an UDFA - got it. No matter who it was the Browns needed a shot in the arm and a jersey selling player in this draft, period. Also happened to need a QB, so JFF makes sense. Shaw doesn't have a particularly strong arm and bird-dogs his primary receiver too much, but the guy will play in the NFL.
You part of the group that goes to wings and ale?
-
Harry, are you telling me I cannot root for Connor Shaw, a young man who has learned his trade from a National Championship Coach and Heisman Trophy Winner?
Harry, are you telling me I cannot root for Connor Shaw, a young man who has learned his trade from a National Championship Coach and Heisman Trophy Winner?
Sure you can. No problem. The more competition the Browns have in camp at QB, hopefully the better. They can push each other, Hoyer, JFF, this kid.
It would not be the first time in Browns history that such a thing has happened. Now that you are going to become a Browns fan, you need to learn a little of the team's history.
Back in the day we had Mike Phipps out of Purdue taken as the #3 overall pick in the draft. Later on the Browns got a guy in round 13 (who in this day and age would have been a UDFA), a skinny kid by the name of Brian Sipe. Obviously the big, tall, strong armed guy taken high in the draft was going to have the better career, no?
Well, obviously if you do know your history that was not the case. After a year on the taxi squad the skinny kid showed he had more moxy, intellect, knowledge of the game and how to play it than the big strong high draft pick.
So, the moral? Never say never about the possibility that your boy could actually prove to become the the better man for the job.
I am not saying he will be....but it HAS happened before, here.
-
Longtime Browns fan here living in South Carolina. First-time post. I just wanted to let you all know that Manziel may not be the best QB the Browns picked up this month. Connor Shaw, who signed as an undrafted free agent, is a serious contender for the job. He's faster than Manziel and won about the same amount of games in the SEC. This past season Shaw notched a 162 passer rating and a 24-1 TD-INT ratio en route to leading South Carolina to an 11-2 record and No. 4 final AP ranking. The guy is tough as nails, an incredibly hard worker and a leader. Unlike Manziel, he's straight-laced and all business. In fact, he recently got engaged to his high school sweetheart. (The word down here is that Cleveland signed him partially to help keep Manziel out of trouble this summer.) However the QB situation shakes out, the competition just got a lot tougher for Johnny Football and Hoyer.
Longtime Browns fan here living in South Carolina. First-time post. I just wanted to let you all know that Manziel may not be the best QB the Browns picked up this month. Connor Shaw, who signed as an undrafted free agent, is a serious contender for the job. He's faster than Manziel and won about the same amount of games in the SEC. This past season Shaw notched a 162 passer rating and a 24-1 TD-INT ratio en route to leading South Carolina to an 11-2 record and No. 4 final AP ranking. The guy is tough as nails, an incredibly hard worker and a leader. Unlike Manziel, he's straight-laced and all business. In fact, he recently got engaged to his high school sweetheart. (The word down here is that Cleveland signed him partially to help keep Manziel out of trouble this summer.) However the QB situation shakes out, the competition just got a lot tougher for Johnny Football and Hoyer.
Wasn't in my top ten rookie QBs. Johnny was #1.
-
I should've made my name "Gamecock Frog who also happens to have been a Browns fan for 25 years" - maybe that would untangle some of these wadded-up panties.
Look, I watch games with the local Browns Backers, etc. on top of being a major Gamecock (and sorta TCU) homer. I've watched a boatload of Shaw and Manziel and other than the flashiness there are not a ton of differences in their games - I think that's all anyone is saying. Sure, if they were so similar Shaw would be a 1st rounder and JFF an UDFA - got it. No matter who it was the Browns needed a shot in the arm and a jersey selling player in this draft, period. Also happened to need a QB, so JFF makes sense. Shaw doesn't have a particularly strong arm and bird-dogs his primary receiver too much, but the guy will play in the NFL.
I should've made my name "Gamecock Frog who also happens to have been a Browns fan for 25 years" - maybe that would untangle some of these wadded-up panties.
... or GameFrog.
And some of us like our panties wadded... keeps us alert.
Welcome to the Board...
Anyway there are a lot more unfortunate name choices. For example...
-
It really should be Connor Shaw vs. Tyler Thigpen.
-
CCU vs. USC
Only this time, Thig will beat out Shaw.
-
I should've made my name "Gamecock Frog who also happens to have been a Browns fan for 25 years" - maybe that would untangle some of these wadded-up panties.
... or GameFrog.
And some of us like our panties wadded... keeps us alert.
Welcome to the Board...
Anyway there are a lot more unfortunate name choices. For example...
-
I think the NFL will be taken by surprise with this kids maturity, dedication, and work ethic (Shaw) I like Manziel and am rooting for him to succeed, mostly because I think Merrill Hoge is a freaking moron. However I have to say that no matter which way you look evaluate Shaw and Manziel, you should get similar numbers, Shaw led SC to 3 consecutive 11-2 records, better than JFF. His QBR this year was off the charts 24 TDs-1 INT and of course Beat Mizzou after trailing 18-0 late in the 3rd. Shaw also didn't have a great O-line protecting him, which is why he wasn't drafted(to the guy who said him being an UDFA was because he was unworthy of a draft pick) SC ran its offense from the shotgun 90% of the year.
Johnny Football, easily the most exciting college football player in history. Manziel is not as fast as Shaw, but is more elusive. Manziel also has a stronger arm than Shaw, Johnny is also a student of the game (Shaw is too) Manziel rose to stardom by defeating an "unbeatable" Alabama team. Manziel's report is shorter than Shaw's just because a lot of what Johnny does cant be quantified by mere stats 10,000 yards in 2 seasons, completing 70% of passes from the pocket, the innate ability to extend plays with his feet, and flat out make magic happen. . .
The Truth of the matter is their both undersized mobile QB's with slim frames, it's going to come down to execution and film study, and unfortunately for some I give that edge to Shaw, the guy just doesn't make mistakes with the Football, I'd venture to say that 20-35% of Manziel's passes were jump balls, which is what you do when you have a 6'4 230 pound receiver, Shaw on the other hand hasn't had a top receiver over 5'10 in 3 years, so lets let the QB competition play out and see which rookie backs up Hoyer
Who by the way had us on the verge of a play-off berth last year... How quickly we forget
-
I think the NFL will be taken by surprise with this kids maturity, dedication, and work ethic (Shaw) I like Manziel and am rooting for him to succeed, mostly because I think Merrill Hoge is a freaking moron. However I have to say that no matter which way you look evaluate Shaw and Manziel, you should get similar numbers, Shaw led SC to 3 consecutive 11-2 records, better than JFF. His QBR this year was off the charts 24 TDs-1 INT and of course Beat Mizzou after trailing 18-0 late in the 3rd. Shaw also didn't have a great O-line protecting him, which is why he wasn't drafted(to the guy who said him being an UDFA was because he was unworthy of a draft pick) SC ran its offense from the shotgun 90% of the year.
Johnny Football, easily the most exciting college football player in history. Manziel is not as fast as Shaw, but is more elusive. Manziel also has a stronger arm than Shaw, Johnny is also a student of the game (Shaw is too) Manziel rose to stardom by defeating an "unbeatable" Alabama team. Manziel's report is shorter than Shaw's just because a lot of what Johnny does cant be quantified by mere stats 10,000 yards in 2 seasons, completing 70% of passes from the pocket, the innate ability to extend plays with his feet, and flat out make magic happen. . .
The Truth of the matter is their both undersized mobile QB's with slim frames, it's going to come down to execution and film study, and unfortunately for some I give that edge to Shaw, the guy just doesn't make mistakes with the Football, I'd venture to say that 20-35% of Manziel's passes were jump balls, which is what you do when you have a 6'4 230 pound receiver, Shaw on the other hand hasn't had a top receiver over 5'10 in 3 years, so lets let the QB competition play out and see which rookie backs up Hoyer
Who by the way had us on the verge of a play-off berth last year... How quickly we forget
I think the NFL will be taken by surprise with this kids maturity, dedication, and work ethic (Shaw) I like Manziel and am rooting for him to succeed, mostly because I think Merrill Hoge is a freaking moron. However I have to say that no matter which way you look evaluate Shaw and Manziel, you should get similar numbers, Shaw led SC to 3 consecutive 11-2 records, better than JFF. His QBR this year was off the charts 24 TDs-1 INT and of course Beat Mizzou after trailing 18-0 late in the 3rd. Shaw also didn't have a great O-line protecting him, which is why he wasn't drafted(to the guy who said him being an UDFA was because he was unworthy of a draft pick) SC ran its offense from the shotgun 90% of the year.
Johnny Football, easily the most exciting college football player in history. Manziel is not as fast as Shaw, but is more elusive. Manziel also has a stronger arm than Shaw, Johnny is also a student of the game (Shaw is too) Manziel rose to stardom by defeating an "unbeatable" Alabama team. Manziel's report is shorter than Shaw's just because a lot of what Johnny does cant be quantified by mere stats 10,000 yards in 2 seasons, completing 70% of passes from the pocket, the innate ability to extend plays with his feet, and flat out make magic happen. . .
The Truth of the matter is their both undersized mobile QB's with slim frames, it's going to come down to execution and film study, and unfortunately for some I give that edge to Shaw, the guy just doesn't make mistakes with the Football, I'd venture to say that 20-35% of Manziel's passes were jump balls, which is what you do when you have a 6'4 230 pound receiver, Shaw on the other hand hasn't had a top receiver over 5'10 in 3 years, so lets let the QB competition play out and see which rookie backs up Hoyer
Who by the way had us on the verge of a play-off berth last year... How quickly we forget
Perhaps the Browns are thinking that they should have a backup QB that has similar traits and qualities as the starter. It does a team no good to have a starter with one style of play (lets say like Manziel starter), but then come in with a lumbering pocket passer. Have a mobile QB back up a mobile QB, or have a pocket passer back up a pocket passer. That way you don't have to change your entire style of play or game plan if the backup must come in. So, by what you say, JFF and Shaw are cut from the same cloth.
-
And to a degree, Hoyer? I think we're going to see a lot of play action/bootleg/roll-out plays. Using the run to set up the run, primarily, then maybe throwing it occasionally.
-
Now we're talking. Plug-n-play...to a degree. I'm a Shaw homer all the way, but hope Hoyer is the starter.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
