Andre Johnson ?
-
If he doesn't want to be there AND is a 15M cap hit he isn't going to be had for much more than a 5th or less.
-
I am not sure how next years draft stacks up but I don't want to see Farmer giving away picks (again). I really liked his draft but with 10 picks we walked away with 6 players, they do have 2 extra picks next year. No more next year after next year. We need a receiver but Johnson is too expensive. I really don't think Johnson would be happy in Cleveland, his comments about Houston are no different that what has happened in Cleveland.
-
We have 10 picks again next year. So we effectively used 7 picks on 6 players.
How can you say Johnson is too expensive of we don't know what it would cost to get him? Money? Were rolling in it.
Either way, I expect farmer to do what he feels best. Of that's picking up AJ, so be it.
-
I am not sure how next years draft stacks up but I don't want to see Farmer giving away picks (again). I really liked his draft but with 10 picks we walked away with 6 players, they do have 2 extra picks next year. No more next year after next year. We need a receiver but Johnson is too expensive. I really don't think Johnson would be happy in Cleveland, his comments about Houston are no different that what has happened in Cleveland.
I am not sure how next years draft stacks up but I don't want to see Farmer giving away picks (again). I really liked his draft but with 10 picks we walked away with 6 players, they do have 2 extra picks next year. No more next year after next year. We need a receiver but Johnson is too expensive. I really don't think Johnson would be happy in Cleveland, his comments about Houston are no different that what has happened in Cleveland.
LOL if Farmer can do the same thing he did this year every year we are in the money. We did not need to draft 10 players. We walked away with 6 good players, a 1st and 4th rounder rounder for next year and upgraded our 7th round irrelevant pick to a 6 next year. You surely dont have a problem with that?
He gave nothing away. He strategically used what we had and it was masterful.
-
I am not sure how next years draft stacks up but I don't want to see Farmer giving away picks (again). I really liked his draft but with 10 picks we walked away with 6 players, they do have 2 extra picks next year. No more next year after next year. We need a receiver but Johnson is too expensive. I really don't think Johnson would be happy in Cleveland, his comments about Houston are no different that what has happened in Cleveland.
LOL if Farmer can do the same thing he did this year every year we are in the money. We did not need to draft 10 players. We walked away with 6 good players, a 1st and 4th rounder rounder for next year and upgraded our 7th round irrelevant pick to a 6 next year. You surely dont have a problem with that?
He gave nothing away. He strategically used what we had and it was masterful.
Thanks for explaining that. I typed something similar, and prior to hitting post, I asked myself why bother. I'm glad someone else did it.LOL if Farmer can do the same thing he did this year every year we are in the money. We did not need to draft 10 players. We walked away with 6 good players, a 1st and 4th rounder rounder for next year and upgraded our 7th round irrelevant pick to a 6 next year. You surely dont have a problem with that?
He gave nothing away. He strategically used what we had and it was masterful.
-
Picking up 'Dre would not be a bad idea whatsoever, even if it's only for a rental and he renegotiates his contract for one or two years of big money.
He is an absolutely solid no.1 wr and has been the consummate proffessional throughout his career. I say go for it. Farmer is smart enough, as he has already proven, to not overpay/reach for players in the draft abd free agency, I am sure he has the same mentality for making trades.
And for you absolute dipshits saying that we did a terrible job utilizing our initial ten picks in the draft this year, your all a bunch of fucking dumbasses. 1) I think Farmer has vastly superior knowledge than the any one of you when it comes to working a draft and the value of his picks and the players he needs to move around for. 2) we have ten fucking picks again next year, including the fleecing we gave Buffalo for their first and fourth next year to move down 5 spots! And we STILL got the best CB in the draft with the highest ceiling and absolutely off the charts athleticism. If you think that and any of the other moves Farmer made constitutes a mismanagement of our draft resources, your a goddamn hummdingering jackass.
Get real. We are looking better then we have in fifteen fucking years. Our defense has true shut down potential, incredible depth in the secondary, d line, and OLB. ILB is still in need of depth but no team is solid at every single position. Farmer put the finishing touches on a already solid D, and now we have a defensive mastermind for a coach. Use your fucking heads, I'm so sick of the crying. AND we have ten picks including two firsts AGAIN for next year's draft to pretty much move around at will and get Farmer's and Pettine's guys AGAIN.
QUIT BITCHING, SACK THE FUCK UP, AND REALIZE THE POSITION THE BROWNIES ARE IN, WHICH IS PRETTY STELLAR FOR YHE FIRST TIME IN A LONG LONG TIME! no, were not winning the super bowl this year, but we are setup in a manner that allows us to continue to add fantastic young talent to a young team already brimming with young men and a head coach with a chip on his shoulder out to prove that he is not Rex Ryan's shadow or bitch boy, and a rookie QB in Manziel who somehow someway proves all the detractors wrong each time he makes the leap to a greater level of competition.
-
I didn't disagree with the draft and as I said we got 2 extra picks next year. That's my point "next year". I still don't understand moving from 9th to 8th. Don't get me wrong, I think Farmer walks on water at this point. I also realize we are not a playoff team this year. I just don't want to give up picks for a high priced disgruntled player. His situation in Houston is not much different than what it would be in Cleveland. Manziel being the difference for him.
-
I don't think the Browns are going to trade for a guy without figuring out if he would like to play for them.
-
BTW, I guess after 200 posts you can yell by using caps and cussing people out.
Up to now I thought this was a good site.
-
I am not sure how next years draft stacks up but I don't want to see Farmer giving away picks (again). I really liked his draft but with 10 picks we walked away with 6 players, they do have 2 extra picks next year. No more next year after next year. We need a receiver but Johnson is too expensive. I really don't think Johnson would be happy in Cleveland, his comments about Houston are no different that what has happened in Cleveland.
This is the sentence where you went wrong. You followed with stating you liked the draft, then followed that with the word "but." Sounds like you don't know what you think, and you've made your assessment about this being a bad board after....what 1 week? Good luck with the reception of your opinions going forward.I am not sure how next years draft stacks up but I don't want to see Farmer giving away picks (again).
-
This is the sentence where you went wrong. You followed with stating you liked the draft, then followed that with the word "but." Sounds like you don't know what you think, and you've made your assessment about this being a bad board after....what 1 week? Good luck with the reception of your opinions going forward.I am not sure how next years draft stacks up but I don't want to see Farmer giving away picks (again).
This is the sentence where you went wrong. You followed with stating you liked the draft, then followed that with the word "but." Sounds like you don't know what you think, and you've made your assessment about this being a bad board after....what 1 week? Good luck with the reception of your opinions going forward.
You think I went wrong? Because you don't agree, I still have not seen a valid explanation for going 9-8. It wasn't abbig deal but it was a give away. It's just like Buffalo giving away too much for Watkins, except in that case they went way overboard and gave part of the farm away.
Like I said, i thought this site was pretty good. Ranting and raving like a lunatic leaves something to be desired. I did notice that since you didn't have 200 posts you didn't use caps.
As far reception of opinions for you and your buddy, look in the mirror.
-
This is the sentence where you went wrong. You followed with stating you liked the draft, then followed that with the word "but." Sounds like you don't know what you think, and you've made your assessment about this being a bad board after....what 1 week? Good luck with the reception of your opinions going forward.
You think I went wrong? Because you don't agree, I still have not seen a valid explanation for going 9-8. It wasn't abbig deal but it was a give away. It's just like Buffalo giving away too much for Watkins, except in that case they went way overboard and gave part of the farm away.
Like I said, i thought this site was pretty good. Ranting and raving like a lunatic leaves something to be desired. I did notice that since you didn't have 200 posts you didn't use caps.
As far reception of opinions for you and your buddy, look in the mirror.
No, it's because you started by stating you didn't like that we didn't draft 10 guys, then you liked it, then you didn't like it. It's simple. It's called contradiction. We all do it. Just don't turn into a baby because someone noticed it. And I don't have to use caps to drive home my point. I lay it out for you as simple as I can, and when you read it, that feeling that builds inside you, that feeling you get from being shut down over and over, THAT is far more powerful than "yelling" with caps. And before you attempt a counter argument about the word "THAT," which I just used, that is for effect, like a punchline in a joke. It lets you know the point is about the be made.You think I went wrong? Because you don't agree,
-
This is the sentence where you went wrong. You followed with stating you liked the draft, then followed that with the word "but." Sounds like you don't know what you think, and you've made your assessment about this being a bad board after....what 1 week? Good luck with the reception of your opinions going forward.
You think I went wrong? Because you don't agree, I still have not seen a valid explanation for going 9-8. It wasn't abbig deal but it was a give away. It's just like Buffalo giving away too much for Watkins, except in that case they went way overboard and gave part of the farm away.
Like I said, i thought this site was pretty good. Ranting and raving like a lunatic leaves something to be desired. I did notice that since you didn't have 200 posts you didn't use caps.
As far reception of opinions for you and your buddy, look in the mirror.
You think I went wrong? Because you don't agree, I still have not seen a valid explanation for going 9-8. It wasn't abbig deal but it was a give away. It's just like Buffalo giving away too much for Watkins, except in that case they went way overboard and gave part of the farm away.
Like I said, i thought this site was pretty good. Ranting and raving like a lunatic leaves something to be desired. I did notice that since you didn't have 200 posts you didn't use caps.
As far reception of opinions for you and your buddy, look in the mirror.
We gave up what a 5th to make that move? Obviously they targeted Gilbert and heard other were trying to move up to get him. Would I have preferred to keep that 5th? Of course as I'm sure everyone here would but Farmer did what he thought was necessary to get his guy.
It is what it is. You can't expect perfection.
-
This is the sentence where you went wrong. You followed with stating you liked the draft, then followed that with the word "but." Sounds like you don't know what you think, and you've made your assessment about this being a bad board after....what 1 week? Good luck with the reception of your opinions going forward.
You think I went wrong? Because you don't agree, I still have not seen a valid explanation for going 9-8. It wasn't abbig deal but it was a give away. It's just like Buffalo giving away too much for Watkins, except in that case they went way overboard and gave part of the farm away.
Like I said, i thought this site was pretty good. Ranting and raving like a lunatic leaves something to be desired. I did notice that since you didn't have 200 posts you didn't use caps.
As far reception of opinions for you and your buddy, look in the mirror.
it is because they wanted Gilbert with that pick. They didn't want Fuller or Dennard, they wanted Gilbert. He was on the board one pick before us and could vary well have been off the board when it became our turn to pick. As evidenced by this draft, when you have a guy and you want that guy, if there's a remote possibility you will lose him, and the price you pay is insignificant (possibly lose Gilbert or give up a 5th rounder), you do what you have to to get your guy. That is how we pulled in 6 quality prospects.I still have not seen a valid explanation for going 9-8.
-
With this draft, I guess the question is do you prefer two elite level CB's or two elite level WR's. My choice is the WR's. That wasn't their choice.... But now WR is just a ridiculously big need. They got to get somebody. I doubt Andre Johnson would rather be in Cleveland, but its worth a shot!.
-
Sigh....
First off.....there's 7 rounds of the draft. We have 10 picks next year. 10-7 is 3.....3 extra picks next year. Its simple math.....much easier to figure out than the next part.
Detroit was calling about moving up to 8. Trading up to get your guy and thus preventing someone else doing so is a very valid explanation of why we moved up. Farmer had a target, and got him for minimal cost.
Additionally.....if you don't understand the concept of pushing resources into next year, just give up now. Its not tanking, its not giving up. If that's what you think, you lack the mental faculties to analyze anything. Draft picks are currency, and keeping the war chest filled to the brim while getting contributors is the game.
The 6 guys we took were all taken in the first 127 picks. I'm not sure why you think picking some 5-7 rounders to cut later is that important, but I guess a diamond in the rough happens every once in a while.
The best talent is bin the top half of the draft.....where we picked all our players. Expect something similar next year, with the late round picks being dealt for movingbip and extra 2016 picks.
-
With this draft, I guess the question is do you prefer two elite level CB's or two elite level WR's. My choice is the WR's. That wasn't their choice.... But now WR is just a ridiculously big need. They got to get somebody. I doubt Andre Johnson would rather be in Cleveland, but its worth a shot!.
oh crap....I forgot the draft was the last chance to pick up players.With this draft, I guess the question is do you prefer two elite level CB's or two elite level WR's. My choice is the WR's. That wasn't their choice.... But now WR is just a ridiculously big need. They got to get somebody. I doubt Andre Johnson would rather be in Cleveland, but its worth a shot!.
We're so fucked now!!!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login