Andre Johnson ?
-
Is it that hard to understand?
You do realize we don't have a game until September....right?
-
BTW, I guess after 200 posts you can yell by using caps and cussing people out.
Up to now I thought this was a good site.
-
^ha!
johnson is just butthurt the texans didn't draft one of the top 3 QBs and instead went with clowney at 1. i'm sure he'll calm the F down when they start talking money.
fucking diva players if they don't get their way.
-
oh crap....I forgot the draft was the last chance to pick up players.With this draft, I guess the question is do you prefer two elite level CB's or two elite level WR's. My choice is the WR's. That wasn't their choice.... But now WR is just a ridiculously big need. They got to get somebody. I doubt Andre Johnson would rather be in Cleveland, but its worth a shot!.
We're so fucked now!!!!
oh crap....I forgot the draft was the last chance to pick up players.
We're so fucked now!!!!
This. I still can't figure out why the media was so, "I can't believe they didn't draft a WR!!!" who is Johnny gonna throw to???
Then the next breath say how most first year WR struggle and blah blah blah.
There are free agents out there right now that have played in the league and will be better right from the get go then some 4th round or later WR from from backwater school. and a 4th round WR is not going to come in and play like a #1 wide out in the NFL
You rent 1 or 2 free agents for a year, Let Puffy serve his suspension and draft or sign a top free agent next year.
Like it or not, the team was in need of so many different things that it couldn't all be fixed with one draft, and the worst thing that could have happend was for them to take some guy they really didn't look at all off season, because they found out two weeks before the draft Gordon was out, then try to analyze someone in the two weeks before the draft and swing and miss on a wide out in the second round and end up with another Greg Little...
-
oh crap....I forgot the draft was the last chance to pick up players.
We're so fucked now!!!!
This. I still can't figure out why the media was so, "I can't believe they didn't draft a WR!!!" who is Johnny gonna throw to???
Then the next breath say how most first year WR struggle and blah blah blah.
There are free agents out there right now that have played in the league and will be better right from the get go then some 4th round or later WR from from backwater school. and a 4th round WR is not going to come in and play like a #1 wide out in the NFL
You rent 1 or 2 free agents for a year, Let Puffy serve his suspension and draft or sign a top free agent next year.
Like it or not, the team was in need of so many different things that it couldn't all be fixed with one draft, and the worst thing that could have happend was for them to take some guy they really didn't look at all off season, because they found out two weeks before the draft Gordon was out, then try to analyze someone in the two weeks before the draft and swing and miss on a wide out in the second round and end up with another Greg Little...
-
it is because they wanted Gilbert with that pick. They didn't want Fuller or Dennard, they wanted Gilbert. He was on the board one pick before us and could vary well have been off the board when it became our turn to pick. As evidenced by this draft, when you have a guy and you want that guy, if there's a remote possibility you will lose him, and the price you pay is insignificant (possibly lose Gilbert or give up a 5th rounder), you do what you have to to get your guy. That is how we pulled in 6 quality prospects.I still have not seen a valid explanation for going 9-8.
it is because they wanted Gilbert with that pick. They didn't want Fuller or Dennard, they wanted Gilbert. He was on the board one pick before us and could vary well have been off the board when it became our turn to pick. As evidenced by this draft, when you have a guy and you want that guy, if there's a remote possibility you will lose him, and the price you pay is insignificant (possibly lose Gilbert or give up a 5th rounder), you do what you have to to get your guy. That is how we pulled in 6 quality prospects.
With this draft, I guess the question is do you prefer two elite level CB's or two elite level WR's. My choice is the WR's. That wasn't their choice.... But now WR is just a ridiculously big need. They got to get somebody. I doubt Andre Johnson would rather be in Cleveland, but its worth a shot!.
It can go back and forth. I would lean towards two elite level CB. It's been proven by many teams that you can come in and compete with mid level WR on a more consistant basic than with mid level CB. The difference is QB. A bad QB can make mid level WRs look bad, same goes for average and good QB. CB on the other hand are only as good as they themselves can be. That's why you typically see the top 5 CBs in the league get paid more than the top 5 WRs, except in Megatrons case.
Sigh....
First off.....there's 7 rounds of the draft. We have 10 picks next year. 10-7 is 3.....3 extra picks next year. Its simple math.....much easier to figure out than the next part.
Detroit was calling about moving up to 8. Trading up to get your guy and thus preventing someone else doing so is a very valid explanation of why we moved up. Farmer had a target, and got him for minimal cost.
Additionally.....if you don't understand the concept of pushing resources into next year, just give up now. Its not tanking, its not giving up. If that's what you think, you lack the mental faculties to analyze anything. Draft picks are currency, and keeping the war chest filled to the brim while getting contributors is the game.
The 6 guys we took were all taken in the first 127 picks. I'm not sure why you think picking some 5-7 rounders to cut later is that important, but I guess a diamond in the rough happens every once in a while.
The best talent is bin the top half of the draft.....where we picked all our players. Expect something similar next year, with the late round picks being dealt for movingbip and extra 2016 picks.
I agree both ways. I don't think you throw away those late round 4-7 picks to do multiple trade ups. I get it, trade up to get your guy. I can be qouted on several different topics that the trade ups for both Gilbert and Manziel were good ideas. But if you going to do that multiple times during the draft, then I think it is also important to trade back at certain spots and pick up picks for the CURRENT draft. Obviously the trade with the Bills was fantastic, but I would have prefered us to take a 5th rounder for this years draft than a 4th for next year. If it came down to it, we could have always traded it away for a 4th next season to another team, but we would have at least had the option to take plays. I have come out and said several times that I don't like how we only came away with 6 players. Good players, yes very good players, but only 6. Your argument about round 5-7 being waste isn't a good one. Teams always find good talent at that point in the draft. Alfred Morris was a 6th round pick for Shanny in DC for Christ sake. I think you start the draft with 7 picks, and you should leave with 7+ players. As much as I like West, I don't like the trade. We could have gotten a similar player in the 4th, someone still high on their board. Have have said they must have had a 2nd round grade or something like that on him. Otherwise I don't see them trading up. However considering you have an OC who is known for getting fantastic production out of late round RB and UDFA RB, why trade up to the 3rd round for one? All this is also compounded because this draft was and will likely be known as the deepest draft of the decade, where you could find 3rd round talent at the bottom of the 4th, and 4th round talent into the 6th, and UDFA was filled with draftable players, but we traded away all our late rounders. I'll even argue that our 7th rounder we traded for a 6th next year is going to be a wash talent wise with what will be available. 5ths and 6th round talent was their in the 7th. Next year if it is an average draft, there will be 6th round talent. You should get interest off your investments, but we won't. We were one of the only teams that dealt current picks to move up, but took future picks to move down.
Next year we have 10 picks, I figure we move down with one of our 1st rounders and grab more selections. That should allow us to move back up at certain points, but I would be so pissed if we didn't come out of the draft next year with 8+ guys.
-
it is because they wanted Gilbert with that pick. They didn't want Fuller or Dennard, they wanted Gilbert. He was on the board one pick before us and could vary well have been off the board when it became our turn to pick. As evidenced by this draft, when you have a guy and you want that guy, if there's a remote possibility you will lose him, and the price you pay is insignificant (possibly lose Gilbert or give up a 5th rounder), you do what you have to to get your guy. That is how we pulled in 6 quality prospects.
With this draft, I guess the question is do you prefer two elite level CB's or two elite level WR's. My choice is the WR's. That wasn't their choice.... But now WR is just a ridiculously big need. They got to get somebody. I doubt Andre Johnson would rather be in Cleveland, but its worth a shot!.
It can go back and forth. I would lean towards two elite level CB. It's been proven by many teams that you can come in and compete with mid level WR on a more consistant basic than with mid level CB. The difference is QB. A bad QB can make mid level WRs look bad, same goes for average and good QB. CB on the other hand are only as good as they themselves can be. That's why you typically see the top 5 CBs in the league get paid more than the top 5 WRs, except in Megatrons case.
Sigh....
First off.....there's 7 rounds of the draft. We have 10 picks next year. 10-7 is 3.....3 extra picks next year. Its simple math.....much easier to figure out than the next part.
Detroit was calling about moving up to 8. Trading up to get your guy and thus preventing someone else doing so is a very valid explanation of why we moved up. Farmer had a target, and got him for minimal cost.
Additionally.....if you don't understand the concept of pushing resources into next year, just give up now. Its not tanking, its not giving up. If that's what you think, you lack the mental faculties to analyze anything. Draft picks are currency, and keeping the war chest filled to the brim while getting contributors is the game.
The 6 guys we took were all taken in the first 127 picks. I'm not sure why you think picking some 5-7 rounders to cut later is that important, but I guess a diamond in the rough happens every once in a while.
The best talent is bin the top half of the draft.....where we picked all our players. Expect something similar next year, with the late round picks being dealt for movingbip and extra 2016 picks.
I agree both ways. I don't think you throw away those late round 4-7 picks to do multiple trade ups. I get it, trade up to get your guy. I can be qouted on several different topics that the trade ups for both Gilbert and Manziel were good ideas. But if you going to do that multiple times during the draft, then I think it is also important to trade back at certain spots and pick up picks for the CURRENT draft. Obviously the trade with the Bills was fantastic, but I would have prefered us to take a 5th rounder for this years draft than a 4th for next year. If it came down to it, we could have always traded it away for a 4th next season to another team, but we would have at least had the option to take plays. I have come out and said several times that I don't like how we only came away with 6 players. Good players, yes very good players, but only 6. Your argument about round 5-7 being waste isn't a good one. Teams always find good talent at that point in the draft. Alfred Morris was a 6th round pick for Shanny in DC for Christ sake. I think you start the draft with 7 picks, and you should leave with 7+ players. As much as I like West, I don't like the trade. We could have gotten a similar player in the 4th, someone still high on their board. Have have said they must have had a 2nd round grade or something like that on him. Otherwise I don't see them trading up. However considering you have an OC who is known for getting fantastic production out of late round RB and UDFA RB, why trade up to the 3rd round for one? All this is also compounded because this draft was and will likely be known as the deepest draft of the decade, where you could find 3rd round talent at the bottom of the 4th, and 4th round talent into the 6th, and UDFA was filled with draftable players, but we traded away all our late rounders. I'll even argue that our 7th rounder we traded for a 6th next year is going to be a wash talent wise with what will be available. 5ths and 6th round talent was their in the 7th. Next year if it is an average draft, there will be 6th round talent. You should get interest off your investments, but we won't. We were one of the only teams that dealt current picks to move up, but took future picks to move down.
Next year we have 10 picks, I figure we move down with one of our 1st rounders and grab more selections. That should allow us to move back up at certain points, but I would be so pissed if we didn't come out of the draft next year with 8+ guys.
While I do not think Andre would want to come to us, I think Houston would deal him given his remarks. But I do not understand restricting the convo to draft pick offers. The draft is over...
Also while I love Andre', he is an 11-year vet, who has missed pieces of four seasons (large chunks of two) to injury and last year showed signs of slowing a step.
We could always offer Tate for him, I guess...

Obviously the trade with the Bills was fantastic, but I would have prefered us to take a 5th rounder for this years draft than a 4th for next year. If it came down to it, we could have always traded it away for a 4th next season to another team, but we would have at least had the option to take plays. I have come out and said several times that I don't like how we only came away with 6 players... I think you start the draft with 7 picks, and you should leave with 7+ players.
In all the trade back and forth that the Bills' site's vid showed, I'd be surprised if their 2014 4th let alone 5th was not discussed.
In a draft of this year's depth, I too was surprised when we shut down after 6 picks. As for next year's draft, I currently have no feel for it's depth and will not care enough to develop one for at least five months.
-
While I do not think Andre would want to come to us, I think Houston would deal him given his remarks. But I do not understand restricting the convo to draft pick offers. The draft is over...
Also while I love Andre', he is an 11-year vet, who has missed pieces of four seasons (large chunks of two) to injury and last year showed signs of slowing a step.
We could always offer Tate for him, I guess...

Obviously the trade with the Bills was fantastic, but I would have prefered us to take a 5th rounder for this years draft than a 4th for next year. If it came down to it, we could have always traded it away for a 4th next season to another team, but we would have at least had the option to take plays. I have come out and said several times that I don't like how we only came away with 6 players... I think you start the draft with 7 picks, and you should leave with 7+ players.
In all the trade back and forth that the Bills' site's vid showed, I'd be surprised if their 2014 4th let alone 5th was not discussed.
In a draft of this year's depth, I too was surprised when we shut down after 6 picks. As for next year's draft, I currently have no feel for it's depth and will not care enough to develop one for at least five months.
While I do not think Andre would want to come to us, I think Houston would deal him given his remarks. But I do not understand restricting the convo to draft pick offers. The draft is over...
Also while I love Andre', he is an 11-year vet, who has missed pieces of four seasons (large chunks of two) to injury and last year showed signs of slowing a step.
We could always offer Tate for him, I guess...

In all the trade back and forth that the Bills' site's vid showed, I'd be surprised if their 2014 4th let alone 5th was not discussed.
In a draft of this year's depth, I too was surprised when we shut down after 6 picks. As for next year's draft, I currently have no feel for it's depth and will not care enough to develop one for at least five months.
I think if that is the case, the Browns could and should have stuck to their guns and gotten a pick for this years draft. That is what every other team managed to do, except for the Browns.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login