Skip to content

What is on your grill today.

The Browns Board
54 24 1.6k
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #33

    I had to work, of course, playing up at the keys at put in bay but I did stop fat heads brewery and saloon on the way home and had a couple headhunters and a burger with an egg on it.

    My Grill at home is an ancient gas Weber which I am loathe to get rid of since it still works fine even after sitting out all winter without a cover.

    I've never heard of Swiss sausages what they sound good...

    WSS

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #34

    I prefer a charcoal grill to gas any day.

  • I prefer a charcoal grill to gas any day.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I prefer a charcoal grill to gas any day.

    I agree with you. It's just that gas is so much less a pain in the ass and if you let them get dirty enough it's a pretty similar effect.

    😉

    I do have one of those metal boxes to put soaked wood chips in which is nice.

    WSS

  • I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @gftchris said:

    I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    Still, curries are great aren't they...

  • @gftchris said:

    I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    Still, curries are great aren't they...

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @londonbrown said:

    Still, curries are great aren't they...

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

  • @tml1138 said:

    I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    I was painting my daughters room. LOL damn honey dues.

    tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @lbc-mike said:

    I was painting my daughters room. LOL damn honey dues.

    Indeed lol.

    @gftchris said:

    Not aware of it, nope.

    Three days to install windows? I suggest Linux, much faster...I'll get my coat.

    Ha! I got a look at Linux one time about ten years ago. A programmer friend of mine sold me a computer cheap, and it was installed on it. I think I messed around with it for about five minutes before I said ok, let me get the Windows install CD out...

    I've always had gas grills. Good enough for me. I think it's more important to have quality food and the right person grilling. A friend of mine insists charcoal is the only way to go. Well I've had his burgers done his way. He's cheap and isn't as good of a griller so I found nothing special about them.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #39

    I love the Korean/Japanese style curry rice.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Still, curries are great aren't they...

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @gftchris said:

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

    Agree totally. My local is decent if you eat in but any takeaway is basically the same now

  • @gftchris said:

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

    Agree totally. My local is decent if you eat in but any takeaway is basically the same now

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @londonbrown said:

    Agree totally. My local is decent if you eat in but any takeaway is basically the same now

    I'm out for a curry tonight with my brother, we're going to a nepalese place in balham - been there a couple of times, it's actually pretty decent for eating in.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    I love good curry, good Indian food in general. I spend a lot of time on business in the Toronto area and finding good Indian food is easy. Not something I can find at home in small midwest Ohio lol.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Bob Evans sweet Italian sausage on the grill. Then to the drive in.

  • Bob Evans sweet Italian sausage on the grill. Then to the drive in.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @cambridgeho said:

    Bob Evans sweet Italian sausage on the grill. Then to the drive in.

    Drive in? Sweet! Just finished grilled Mahi Mahi, and asparagus here.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #45

    I like the indian buffet lunches that are offered.

    I have been craving krauts sitting in beer most of the day and straight to the barbeque with all the fixing and hot mustard.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Still, curries are great aren't they...

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @gftchris said:

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

    Love a good lamb tika... Last good one I had was a couple years ago in a little hole in the wall in Clear Lake, Texas. Best in UK was longer ago in a small town close to Conventry.

    @jcam222 said:

    I love good curry, good Indian food in general. I spend a lot of time on business in the Toronto area and finding good Indian food is easy. Not something I can find at home in small midwest Ohio lol.

    It's been a long time, but I remember Toronto being a great restaurant city.

    @lbc-mike said:

    I have been craving krauts sitting in beer most of the day and straight to the barbeque with all the fixing and hot mustard.

    krauts = sauerkraut balls??? or did you mean "brats"...

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #47
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #48

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Today I have some chicken breasts, to be grilled in foil with Italian dressing, the placed on the grate to char a bit, some zuccini, squash and onoins, and 4 whole garlic cloves, soaked in olice oil and salt to roast.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #50

    just came back from stew leonards with 1lb+1/2 of fresh shrimp. going to marinade in some coconut syrup and hot chili paste and make thai style lettuce wraps with shrimp and pineapple, scallions and mint. side dish of salad with thai peanut dressing.

    singhas in the cooler.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #51

    I had a pizza.

    What? No Huzzahs for that?

  • @londonbrown said:

    Still, curries are great aren't they...

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

    Kennel ClubK Kennel Club wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @gftchris said:

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

    Go to the Cochin Marine in Tunbridge Wells. Southern Indian food is better than a bland old Tandoori!