TEAM AMERICA: World Cup
-
I'll be rooting for Costa Rica for sure (after the US)
-
How about that English Team!
-
The Germany Ghana game was fantastic
-
The Germany Ghana game was fantastic
Klose and Schweinsteiger need to be starting.
-
I COULD FUCKING CHOKE BRADLEY FOR HIS LAZY ASS ATTEMPT AT THAT BALL
-
-
-
We adv with a tie or draw
We adv is we lose and Ghana v Portugal is a tie
We adv if we lose and beat the winner of Ghana/Portugal on goal differential
I think we are still going to adv. We have everything in our favor. Portugal should be the favorite against Ghana and they're -4 right now.
Plus, Klinsman is a German legend. Do we really think Germany is going to try to crush us? They probably won't come out and beat us by 2+. I think we got this
But god damn, that late goal was awful. For how well we played... a mistake early and one late killed us.
Holy shit though, these games have been great.
-
If we play the way we did against Portugal, we can draw with a German team who would rather skate by in their final game and rest up for the knock out rounds. We played a great game with only two major mistakes, unfortunately Portugal took advantage of both. We should've had three goals and Portugal truly only earned one (the last one.)
After a few drinks I'm much more optimistic about our chances. That last goal would be much tougher to stomach if we hadn't won the first game. I'd be concerned about a hang over but we still control our own destiny and have the upper hand which should be enough motivation going into the final game in group play.
If the USA wasn't a participant in that game I would say it was one of the best in the World Cup so far and I might be able to say that if we advance.
But we have to advance.
-
dudes are cramping like lebron james in the last 20 minutes.
i'll go on record as saying uraguay is my sleeper to get into the finals.
-
dudes are cramping like lebron james in the last 20 minutes.
i'll go on record as saying uraguay is my sleeper to get into the finals.
dudes are cramping like lebron james in the last 20 minutes.
i'll go on record as saying uraguay is my sleeper to get into the finals.
That's what happens when you play in the middle of a rain forest.
Ballsy pick. They still need to beat Italia to move to the knock out stage. Suarez is a baller though (I have a buddy who's a huge Liverpool fan. I'm pretty sure I've heard enough about Suarez to consider him family.) I'm looking forward to that game.
-
I could go on a long rant about England, but I'll decline the option.
-
All I can say is: DUMBASSES.
You would think the US team was headquartered in Cleveland with a heartbreaking loss.....errrr.....tie, like that.
-
U S A
U S A
U S A
U S A
U S A
-
Didn't the world cup finish already?

-
I have to avoid all media until I get home from work... Ugh
-
Screw that, watch it online. Our company has an internal stream set up. If you take the tube, the boards showing when the next trains are, are showing the scores. Can't really avoid it!
-
-
https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC
It's flooding outside the stadium currently. Kick off in 2 hours.
-
I am streaming it at work. Can't fucking wait.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login