Skip to content

Because I wasn't a board member this time last season...

The Browns Board
28 18 1.8k
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Being a veteran player who can play gives Hoyer the short term big advantage.

    I'm happy with him starting. If there's anything he isn't getting done, and it's on him,

    Manziel may step in and take over at that point.

    I didn't see Hoyer not being the guy, it was other stuff.

  • F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I disagree with some of the comments on Hoyer and I, for one, am really excited to see him play next year. He first impressed me in one of the preseason games when he played the second half and led the team to a come from behind victory. In the 2 full games last season, he demonstrated accuracy, a quick release, good velocity on throws, good decision making skills, and an ability to be creative when necessary. I see him taking it up another notch next year with a balanced run/pass offence and better OL protection scheme.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #23

    maybe the QB coach will have a full day at TC dedicated to teaching these marys how to slide.

  • Also Hoyer had two mediocre games that we won. And one bad one that Brandon Weeden came in and bailed him out. Yes I like the brian hoyer story. I just think its a bad idea to get too excited.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #24

    @westside-steve said:

    Also Hoyer had two mediocre games that we won. And one bad one that Brandon Weeden came in and bailed him out. Yes I like the brian hoyer story. I just think its a bad idea to get too excited.

    While I agree that "excited" would be a bit much...

    - 25 of 38 (65.8%) for 269 yds 2 TD and 0 INTs, and a 104 rating is hardly "mediocre"; and

    - leaving a game where you were 2/4 for 25 yds was hardly bad enough to require a bail-out.

    And as for the "bail-out" itself...

    - Benji Weedon returned a punt for a TD and T.J. Weedon had a pick 6...

    - but Wheezy (13/24 for 197 1 TD and 0 INT) did throw a long TD to Gordon and had a key throw-away late... on 4th and 6... 😉

  • maybe the QB coach will have a full day at TC dedicated to teaching these marys how to slide.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @miktoxic said:

    maybe the QB coach will have a full day at TC dedicated to teaching these marys how to slide.

    I'd bring in a local baseball coach to help with that. It doesn't have to be a guy with the Indians. Baldwin Wallace has a baseball team if I am not mistaken. He could probably walk from his field to the Browns complex.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Also Hoyer had two mediocre games that we won. And one bad one that Brandon Weeden came in and bailed him out. Yes I like the brian hoyer story. I just think its a bad idea to get too excited.

    While I agree that "excited" would be a bit much...

    - 25 of 38 (65.8%) for 269 yds 2 TD and 0 INTs, and a 104 rating is hardly "mediocre"; and

    - leaving a game where you were 2/4 for 25 yds was hardly bad enough to require a bail-out.

    And as for the "bail-out" itself...

    - Benji Weedon returned a punt for a TD and T.J. Weedon had a pick 6...

    - but Wheezy (13/24 for 197 1 TD and 0 INT) did throw a long TD to Gordon and had a key throw-away late... on 4th and 6... 😉

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    While I agree that "excited" would be a bit much...

    - 25 of 38 (65.8%) for 269 yds 2 TD and 0 INTs, and a 104 rating is hardly "mediocre"; and

    - leaving a game where you were 2/4 for 25 yds was hardly bad enough to require a bail-out.

    And as for the "bail-out" itself...

    - Benji Weedon returned a punt for a TD and T.J. Weedon had a pick 6...

    - but Wheezy (13/24 for 197 1 TD and 0 INT) did throw a long TD to Gordon and had a key throw-away late... on 4th and 6... 😉

    9-9 touchdown interception versus 7-6.

    I like the guy too but I think you guys are getting blinded by love and hate at the same time.

    WSS

  • @tour2ma said:

    While I agree that "excited" would be a bit much...

    - 25 of 38 (65.8%) for 269 yds 2 TD and 0 INTs, and a 104 rating is hardly "mediocre"; and

    - leaving a game where you were 2/4 for 25 yds was hardly bad enough to require a bail-out.

    And as for the "bail-out" itself...

    - Benji Weedon returned a punt for a TD and T.J. Weedon had a pick 6...

    - but Wheezy (13/24 for 197 1 TD and 0 INT) did throw a long TD to Gordon and had a key throw-away late... on 4th and 6... 😉

    9-9 touchdown interception versus 7-6.

    I like the guy too but I think you guys are getting blinded by love and hate at the same time.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @westside-steve said:

    9-9 touchdown interception versus 7-6.

    ... and I think comparing one player's season stats to another's career stats is nonsensical cherry-picking.

    I know... for the season Hoyer was 5-3. But all three INTs were in his first game where he had to throw 54 passes to compete.

    Steve, I'm not over-the-moon enamored with Hoyer, but I am optimistic.

  • @westside-steve said:

    9-9 touchdown interception versus 7-6.

    ... and I think comparing one player's season stats to another's career stats is nonsensical cherry-picking.

    I know... for the season Hoyer was 5-3. But all three INTs were in his first game where he had to throw 54 passes to compete.

    Steve, I'm not over-the-moon enamored with Hoyer, but I am optimistic.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and I think comparing one player's season stats to another's career stats is nonsensical cherry-picking.

    I know... for the season Hoyer was 5-3. But all three INTs were in his first game where he had to throw 54 passes to compete.

    Steve, I'm not over-the-moon enamored with Hoyer, but I am optimistic.

    Me too but like the TV show says Curb Your Enthusiasm guys.

    As soon as he throws three pics in game 1 or two or the team goes 0 & 2 you guys will be screaming give us Barabas!

    WSS