Skip to content

Utopia

Political Discussion
45 7 1.1k
  • In a perfect world instead of regional factions fighting over tracts of land we would be just humans striving to expand our influence into the universe. Anyone besides me ever play mass effect? Basically we should be the systems alliance.

  • So people, what does your utopia look like? How do you envisage a perfect world?

    @gftchris said:

    So people, what does your utopia look like? How do you envisage a perfect world?

    this thread makes me think of my favorite movie, Vanilla Sky.

    What is happiness to you, David?

    The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter.

    Utopia is a mindset, People think happiness is an achievement but its a choice.

    To go past this becomes scary

    You can't organize and fix the world. People are monkeys and sometimes they throw their own shit.

    ok, i need sleep.

  • Tx! I loved Vanilla Sky!

    WSS

  • OK, let me rephrase. When technology has advanced so much that we have driverless cars, self-sustaining farms and full clean energy, and jobs are not really something that everyone has anymore, would has to happen for the world to 'work' - no rioting from boredom or lack of possibilities etc.

  • Space exploration. Am I the only one who thinks this is our only future?

  • No, I'm kinda with you on that. The idea that in 10 years' time people will have set foot on mars is really exciting.

  • No, I'm kinda with you on that. The idea that in 10 years' time people will have set foot on mars is really exciting.

    @gftchris said:

    No, I'm kinda with you on that. The idea that in 10 years' time people will have set foot on mars is really exciting.

    Uh....

    Tell your what; call me when we get to an inhabitable planet.

    WSS

  • Space exploration. Am I the only one who thinks this is our only future?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Space exploration. Am I the only one who thinks this is our only future?

    I agree. Although Obama has almost killed NASA.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Space exploration. Am I the only one who thinks this is our only future?

    I agree. Although Obama has almost killed NASA.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I agree. Although Obama has almost killed NASA.

    They're just scientists though, remember? They're corrupt and just in it for the money. They can't be trusted.

  • @gftchris said:

    No, I'm kinda with you on that. The idea that in 10 years' time people will have set foot on mars is really exciting.

    Uh....

    Tell your what; call me when we get to an inhabitable planet.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Uh....

    Tell your what; call me when we get to an inhabitable planet.

    WSS

    Why, what's wrong with Mars? We'll just need space.

    Biodomes bitch

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I agree. Although Obama has almost killed NASA.

    They're just scientists though, remember? They're corrupt and just in it for the money. They can't be trusted.

    @mld-woody said:

    They're just scientists though, remember? They're corrupt and just in it for the money. They can't be trusted.

    When have I ever said scientists were no good or in it for the money? I have followed astronomy and space explorations since I was a kid.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Of course for those who are extremely concerned about the ill effects of global warming or any other terrible side effects to the environment have scientists to thank.

    Progress for the sake of progress is not necessarily a good thing.

    Think about it for a minute. Some of you guys are talking about biodome on nearby planets because... Wait for it... Science and scientists have fucked up the earth so badly we can't live on the son of a bitch anymore. That's progress?

    WSS

  • Yes Steve. We'd be better off living in huts and gathering for food.

    Every technological advance can be used for bad. We're clearly better off with the internet, but people use it in harmful ways.

    The scientist that invented Chemical X was most likely not the one dumping it in a lake. I wouldn't blame current environmental issues on scientists fucking with the Earth...