Skip to content

Hoyer will start !

The Browns Board
265 38 9.2k
  • I have been reading message boards about Johnny since he was in HS. I haven't missed one of his games since he was a freshman in HS. You guys don't have ANYTHING on how bad the Texas AM board (TexAgs) slammed him until he finally got on the field. There was a lot of crow eating on that board. Sure I am a homer but the kid is something special. He has a rare combination of athletic ability, brains and heart. So far he has proved everybody wrong and I think the NFL is just the final step. He will never get a scholarship to a D! school. He will never start at a D1 school. He will never play QB at a D1 school. He will get crushed in the SEC. He will not win the Heisman as a freshman...blah blah blah. Johnny just wins or dies trying. Ok I am done for now 😁

    @tivy74 said:

    I have been reading message boards about Johnny since he was in HS. I haven't missed one of his games since he was a freshman in HS. You guys don't have ANYTHING on how bad the Texas AM board (TexAgs) slammed him until he finally got on the field. There was a lot of crow eating on that board. Sure I am a homer but the kid is something special. He has a rare combination of athletic ability, brains and heart. So far he has proved everybody wrong and I think the NFL is just the final step. He will never get a scholarship to a D! school. He will never start at a D1 school. He will never play QB at a D1 school. He will get crushed in the SEC. He will not win the Heisman as a freshman...blah blah blah. Johnny just wins or dies trying. Ok I am done for now 😁

    looks lilke everything isn't bigger in Texas.

    shit-can that font and post like a man....assuming that's what you are

    jff does have a history of shutting down the naysayers. my perception is that he uses the negativity as motivation. it's a mystery to me why there are so many jff haters out there in the

    first place. he's prolly an arrogant prick which is ok in my book as long as his play can back up the smack factor.

    the hurdle he faces now is whether or not the three hundred plus hits he took in college running the ball leave him with enough durability to become the qb leader the browns so

    desperately need

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not sure how I got the impression you want the job handed to JM... Silly me.

    And don't start with the insults. I have not insulted you... yet. That said, anytime you want to match IQs, football or otherwise, just let me know.

    Manziel won the job the minute he was drafted. Look at that link I posted. Tell me how many of those 1st round QBs have "Never" next to their first starts?

    If you think Brian Hoyer is going to be the Browns QB long term, you have a low football IQ. We can match football IQs. You take the "Brian Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner" angle and I'll call you an idiot and we'll see how this plays out in history.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Manziel won the job the minute he was drafted. Look at that link I posted. Tell me how many of those 1st round QBs have "Never" next to their first starts?

    If you think Brian Hoyer is going to be the Browns QB long term, you have a low football IQ. We can match football IQs. You take the "Brian Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner" angle and I'll call you an idiot and we'll see how this plays out in history.

    First, I have made the same post as you in the past. I expect JM to start for us sometime in 2014 and he may even be THE starter from that game on this season. That's not the point... You have a bad habit of ignoring my main point in favor of some tangential argument. This is just the latest example. It's grown tiresome.

    I see your logic as being "JM will be the starter therefore you may as well hand him the job now." If you can, please explain to me how I am wrong.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Manziel won the job the minute he was drafted. Look at that link I posted. Tell me how many of those 1st round QBs have "Never" next to their first starts?

    If you think Brian Hoyer is going to be the Browns QB long term, you have a low football IQ. We can match football IQs. You take the "Brian Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner" angle and I'll call you an idiot and we'll see how this plays out in history.

    First, I have made the same post as you in the past. I expect JM to start for us sometime in 2014 and he may even be THE starter from that game on this season. That's not the point... You have a bad habit of ignoring my main point in favor of some tangential argument. This is just the latest example. It's grown tiresome.

    I see your logic as being "JM will be the starter therefore you may as well hand him the job now." If you can, please explain to me how I am wrong.

    @tour2ma said:

    First, I have made the same post as you in the past. I expect JM to start for us sometime in 2014 and he may even be THE starter from that game on this season. That's not the point... You have a bad habit of ignoring my main point in favor of some tangential argument. This is just the latest example. It's grown tiresome.

    I see your logic as being "JM will be the starter therefore you may as well hand him the job now." If you can, please explain to me how I am wrong.

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

  • @tour2ma said:

    First, I have made the same post as you in the past. I expect JM to start for us sometime in 2014 and he may even be THE starter from that game on this season. That's not the point... You have a bad habit of ignoring my main point in favor of some tangential argument. This is just the latest example. It's grown tiresome.

    I see your logic as being "JM will be the starter therefore you may as well hand him the job now." If you can, please explain to me how I am wrong.

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel.

    Oh gawd

  • doesn't everybody know by now that stocktonshorts is manziel's bitch?

    there's no use trying to have a legit conversation with the guy because he ignores your point only to pile on with more johnny drivel.

    fuck that asshole.

  • doesn't everybody know by now that stocktonshorts is manziel's bitch?

    there's no use trying to have a legit conversation with the guy because he ignores your point only to pile on with more johnny drivel.

    fuck that asshole.

    @miktoxic said:

    doesn't everybody know by now that stocktonshorts is manziel's bitch?

    there's no use trying to have a legit conversation with the guy because he ignores your point only to pile on with more johnny drivel.

    fuck that asshole.

    Lol. I'm getting tired of just talking about manziel vs hoyer. Its just becoming a bitch fest with holier than thou new guys. Can't wait for the season to start so we can go back to the routine sky is falling vs everything will be Ok posts.

    I hope the kid is electric and the saviour of Cleveland. I just tire of the constant banter from the fan boys.

  • I'll be totally honest. I know squat about Johnny. I've seen him play 1 CFB game, that's it. But his fanboys make me dislike him, and he hasn't even played a down yet for the Browns............ Stupid, I know, and I'm the first person to admit it's stupid, but it's just how it goes. If his fanboy, JFF lovers would just chill the fuck out and let his spot on the T E A M play itself out, it would be so much easier.

    I'm 46yrs old (bitter and old according to Mike H Dickhead) and have never seen anything like JFF's fanboys.

    Edit: OK, I have seen something like it before........ Tweener girls screaming and crying for the latest and greatest Boy Band.

  • @tour2ma said:

    First, I have made the same post as you in the past. I expect JM to start for us sometime in 2014 and he may even be THE starter from that game on this season. That's not the point... You have a bad habit of ignoring my main point in favor of some tangential argument. This is just the latest example. It's grown tiresome.

    I see your logic as being "JM will be the starter therefore you may as well hand him the job now." If you can, please explain to me how I am wrong.

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    Goddam dude, your act is really getting annoying.

    Of course Manziel was drafted to (eventually) start. Why the fuck else would the Browns have drafted him?

    Everyone agrees that WHEN HE'S READY, he will start. You seem to have your panties in a wad because,

    UNTIL Johnny is ready, SOMEBODY has to play the QB position. And right now, based on his admittedly limited

    past experience as a starter, that somebody is probably going to be Hoyer. Why does that make your head

    want to explode?

    The Browns are having a QB competition to determine who is going to START THE SEASON at QB. No one has ever

    said differently. Where do you come up with the statement that the competition is to determine the Browns

    long term QB? Does it offend you that JM may have to be the backup QB for however many games until he's

    ready? Is being the backup for a few games beneath him?

    Your hopeless, Charlie Brown. Utterly hopeless.

  • @tour2ma said:

    First, I have made the same post as you in the past. I expect JM to start for us sometime in 2014 and he may even be THE starter from that game on this season. That's not the point... You have a bad habit of ignoring my main point in favor of some tangential argument. This is just the latest example. It's grown tiresome.

    I see your logic as being "JM will be the starter therefore you may as well hand him the job now." If you can, please explain to me how I am wrong.

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    Unlike mik, I'll ignore the last part...

    Square what you are saying NOW, with what you said before...

    Namely... square "JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY"

    with "Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet."

    and

    "If youre good then getting the mistakes out of the way is the best thing for you. You learn by playing not watching."

    Seriously, resolve those stances for me because otherwise I'm left thinking you are saying "JM will never start, because he cannot get ready, if he does not start."

    It's called Boolean Algebra...

  • @tour2ma said:

    First, I have made the same post as you in the past. I expect JM to start for us sometime in 2014 and he may even be THE starter from that game on this season. That's not the point... You have a bad habit of ignoring my main point in favor of some tangential argument. This is just the latest example. It's grown tiresome.

    I see your logic as being "JM will be the starter therefore you may as well hand him the job now." If you can, please explain to me how I am wrong.

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    Saying "Johnny Manziel will start a game in the NFL" is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that he's more mobile, more athletic and has higher upside is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that the Browns drafted Manziel to be their starter is hardly a bold move.

    Nothing you've said is in any way bold, foretelling, or genius.

    Manziel will start for the Browns, probably Week 1. He is more mobile and has higher upside. But Hoyer deserves his shot to stave Johnny off. So far, he has. Johnny is making up ground, certainly, but he hasn't firmly taken ahold of that starting spot.

    Until he does...he doesn't deserve it. Because, as you said, Hoyer is not a legitimate NFL QB. So, until Johnny firmly proves he's better than Hoyer, he's not a legitimate NFL QB either.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    Goddam dude, your act is really getting annoying.

    Of course Manziel was drafted to (eventually) start. Why the fuck else would the Browns have drafted him?

    Everyone agrees that WHEN HE'S READY, he will start. You seem to have your panties in a wad because,

    UNTIL Johnny is ready, SOMEBODY has to play the QB position. And right now, based on his admittedly limited

    past experience as a starter, that somebody is probably going to be Hoyer. Why does that make your head

    want to explode?

    The Browns are having a QB competition to determine who is going to START THE SEASON at QB. No one has ever

    said differently. Where do you come up with the statement that the competition is to determine the Browns

    long term QB? Does it offend you that JM may have to be the backup QB for however many games until he's

    ready? Is being the backup for a few games beneath him?

    Your hopeless, Charlie Brown. Utterly hopeless.

    @dste-ace said:

    Of course Manziel was drafted to (eventually) start. Why the fuck else would the Browns have drafted him?

    I'll take a stab at that one...

    Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now. That hasn't happened since 2012, unless you think EJ Manual and Geno Smith were anything other than the best of some midling options.

    The Browns drafted JM with the belief that it was highly probable that he could develop into a solid starter with time.

  • He reminds me of that Partnership for a Drug Free America commercial back in the 80's where the

    guy is in a room walking in circles, saying "I buy coke so I can work longer, so I can make more money,

    so I can buy more coke, so I can work longer...".

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    Saying "Johnny Manziel will start a game in the NFL" is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that he's more mobile, more athletic and has higher upside is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that the Browns drafted Manziel to be their starter is hardly a bold move.

    Nothing you've said is in any way bold, foretelling, or genius.

    Manziel will start for the Browns, probably Week 1. He is more mobile and has higher upside. But Hoyer deserves his shot to stave Johnny off. So far, he has. Johnny is making up ground, certainly, but he hasn't firmly taken ahold of that starting spot.

    Until he does...he doesn't deserve it. Because, as you said, Hoyer is not a legitimate NFL QB. So, until Johnny firmly proves he's better than Hoyer, he's not a legitimate NFL QB either.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Saying "Johnny Manziel will start a game in the NFL" is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that he's more mobile, more athletic and has higher upside is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that the Browns drafted Manziel to be their starter is hardly a bold move.

    Nothing you've said is in any way bold, foretelling, or genius.

    Manziel will start for the Browns, probably Week 1. He is more mobile and has higher upside. But Hoyer deserves his shot to stave Johnny off. So far, he has. Johnny is making up ground, certainly, but he hasn't firmly taken ahold of that starting spot.

    Until he does...he doesn't deserve it. Because, as you said, Hoyer is not a legitimate NFL QB. So, until Johnny firmly proves he's better than Hoyer, he's not a legitimate NFL QB either.

    well that sums it up pretty well for me.

    next.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    Unlike mik, I'll ignore the last part...

    Square what you are saying NOW, with what you said before...

    Namely... square "JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY"

    with "Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet."

    and

    "If youre good then getting the mistakes out of the way is the best thing for you. You learn by playing not watching."

    Seriously, resolve those stances for me because otherwise I'm left thinking you are saying "JM will never start, because he cannot get ready, if he does not start."

    It's called Boolean Algebra...

    @tour2ma said:

    Unlike mik, I'll ignore the last part...

    Square what you are saying NOW, with what you said before...

    Namely... square "JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY"

    with "Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet."

    and

    "If youre good then getting the mistakes out of the way is the best thing for you. You learn by playing not watching."

    Seriously, resolve those stances for me because otherwise I'm left thinking you are saying "JM will never start, because he cannot get ready, if he does not start."

    It's called Boolean Algebra...

    You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?

    Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.

    Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.

    You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.

    And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).

    While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.

    Get you heads out of your asses.

  • you are a wall.

    a big fat fucking wall.

  • @dste-ace said:

    Of course Manziel was drafted to (eventually) start. Why the fuck else would the Browns have drafted him?

    I'll take a stab at that one...

    Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now. That hasn't happened since 2012, unless you think EJ Manual and Geno Smith were anything other than the best of some midling options.

    The Browns drafted JM with the belief that it was highly probable that he could develop into a solid starter with time.

    @tour2ma said:

    I'll take a stab at that one...

    Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now. That hasn't happened since 2012, unless you think EJ Manual and Geno Smith were anything other than the best of some midling options.

    The Browns drafted JM with the belief that it was highly probable that he could develop into a solid starter with time.

    OK, you said it a lot better than I did, but you know what I meant...

  • @dste-ace said:

    Of course Manziel was drafted to (eventually) start. Why the fuck else would the Browns have drafted him?

    I'll take a stab at that one...

    Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now. That hasn't happened since 2012, unless you think EJ Manual and Geno Smith were anything other than the best of some midling options.

    The Browns drafted JM with the belief that it was highly probable that he could develop into a solid starter with time.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now.

    That's not a fact but quite an inaccurate generalization.

    Sure, the plan was to sit some of these guys but with the way Bortles, Manziel, and Bridgewater have played in Camp, I'm sure they could all 3 possibly start.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Unlike mik, I'll ignore the last part...

    Square what you are saying NOW, with what you said before...

    Namely... square "JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY"

    with "Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet."

    and

    "If youre good then getting the mistakes out of the way is the best thing for you. You learn by playing not watching."

    Seriously, resolve those stances for me because otherwise I'm left thinking you are saying "JM will never start, because he cannot get ready, if he does not start."

    It's called Boolean Algebra...

    You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?

    Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.

    Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.

    You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.

    And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).

    While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.

    Get you heads out of your asses.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?

    Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.

    Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.

    You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.

    And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).

    While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.

    Get you heads out of your asses.

    Go Browns

  • you are a wall.

    a big fat fucking wall.

    @miktoxic said:

    you are a wall.

    a big fat fucking wall.

    That's an insult to big fat fucking walls!

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?

    Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.

    Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.

    You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.

    And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).

    While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.

    Get you heads out of your asses.

    Go Browns

    @d-bone said:

    Go Browns

    Best post of this out of control thread