Skip to content

Hoyer will start !

The Browns Board
265 38 9.2k
  • @usfbrown said:

    This clown is worth debating with. He puts words in your mouth and avoids directly answering retorts.

    As you all haven't been able to tell yet, he really should be the head coach and gm of the Browns. The Browns, as well as the rest of us, just haven't caught up yet.

    Because I'm telling you Hoyer isn't the guy?

    That's funny because the real Coach and GM of the Browns already told you Hoyer wasn't the guy by drafting a QB in round 1. That was their clue to the rest of you that Hoyer, is a backup QB.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Because I'm telling you Hoyer isn't the guy?

    That's funny because the real Coach and GM of the Browns already told you Hoyer wasn't the guy by drafting a QB in round 1. That was their clue to the rest of you that Hoyer, is a backup QB.

    Point proven. Thank you.

  • You guys need to be careful. You can trip and fall backpedaling that hard.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    You guys need to be careful. You can trip and fall backpedaling that hard.

    Or maybe you need to do a little research before you post.

    It's like growing a scum stache and wearing a flat brim hat automatically makes you act like a big pussy.

  • You guys need to be careful. You can trip and fall backpedaling that hard.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    You guys need to be careful. You can trip and fall backpedaling that hard.

    How can I back-peddle from a stance I have taken from the get-go?

    You are one seriously deluded dude. Certitude and obtusity all rolled into one, tightly wound package.

  • @d-bone said:

    To all Johnny Football Fans, this is how you should do it:

    "Hey guys, new to the forum. I am a huge JFF fan, and have been since high school. I don't know a whole lot about the Browns, but any team JFF plays for, I root for, so I will be learning as much as i can, as quickly as I can, so please be gentle!

    I have high hopes for JFF because he's been successful at every level he has played, even when everyone around him said he would fail......... The guy just knows how to win. I know however, that this is his biggest jump ever, and his past success in no way indicates how he will do as a pro, but my hopes are high.

    Hopefully the coaching staff brings Johnny along as slowly as possible, and only plays him when they feel he can handle it. I don't think any of us knows if that will be week 1 of this year, or hell, week 10 in 2 years........ Only time will tell.

    So anyway, if our defense can play at an even higher level than they did last year, we should be in most games. Combine that with better coaching and a much improved running game, and we might be able to have a winning season this year, regardless of who's under center.

    Oh yea.................. G O B R O W N S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    Are you people really so delusional to think that anyone that thinks Brian Hoyer isn't a valid starting QB, MUST be a Johnny Manziel lover who has never watched the Browns? You can't grasp your head around the idea that Hoyer isn't very good, and the Browns need a replacement? It instantly goes to "Well no way does he see Hoyer as someone who isn't good, so it must be that he loves Manziel and has never watched the Browns". Doesn't matter how often I say I don't know if Manziel is going to be good, you never get past the point where I say "Hoyer isn't the answer" and you instantly go "Well hes just a hater". Never once have I ever alluded to saying Manziel is a clear All Pro, yet thats all hoorta can see because in his head that's the only way the amazing Hoyer loses his job.

    Tell thats to the 26 NFL front office insiders that ESPN asked to rank the 32 starting QBs and ranked Hoyer 29th. They must just be Manziel lovers. Just haters. They all think Manziel is an All Pro because they think Hoyer is a backup.

    Think about that arrogance Hoorta.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Are you people really so delusional to think that anyone that thinks Brian Hoyer isn't a valid starting QB, MUST be a Johnny Manziel lover who has never watched the Browns? You can't grasp your head around the idea that Hoyer isn't very good, and the Browns need a replacement? It instantly goes to "Well no way does he see Hoyer as someone who isn't good, so it must be that he loves Manziel and has never watched the Browns". Doesn't matter how often I say I don't know if Manziel is going to be good, you never get past the point where I say "Hoyer isn't the answer" and you instantly go "Well hes just a hater". Never once have I ever alluded to saying Manziel is a clear All Pro, yet thats all hoorta can see because in his head that's the only way the amazing Hoyer loses his job.

    Tell thats to the 26 NFL front office insiders that ESPN asked to rank the 32 starting QBs and ranked Hoyer 29th. They must just be Manziel lovers. Just haters. They all think Manziel is an All Pro because they think Hoyer is a backup.

    Think about that arrogance Hoorta.

    So you happen to think he's a backup too. Great, we got it about 100 posts ago.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Of course the rankings by 26 NFL front office insiders doesn't matter.

    Them saying things like "Hoyer and Henne drew positive reviews as backups, but not as starters. "Hoyer is a great backup," one defensive coordinator said. "He can win some games for you, but if he had to start all 16, that's going to be tough."" doesn't matter.

    Him being undrafted and cut by 3 teams in the last 5 years doesn't matter.

    Him coming out of camp last year in 3rd behind Campbell and Weeden, doesn't matter.

    Him coming off a torn ACL doesn't matter.

    The Browns going into the draft saying they're going to draft a QB in the 1st round, and doing so, doesn't matter.

    None of it matters around here. Brian Hoyer is great and if you don't think so then you're stupid and a Manziel lover. Clearly you didn't watch the Bengals game last year. Anything said to the contrary doesn't matter and means you don't know anything about football.

    Please stop reading and projecting into what's being said around here. Go find one post of mine where I said anything like- "I'm positive Hoyer is going to be great".

    @stocktonshorts said:

    I've seen Brian Hoyer compared to Kurt Warner no less than 5 times on this website and in this very thread theres a debate about this situation being like the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation, and you're telling me nobody is trying to say Hoyer is great?!?!

    And once again, because I think Hoyer is what he is, a backup QB, that means Manziel is my lover boy. Or is it Mini Me? Nobody has caught on that everything I saw is about how Hoyer isn't the guy and not once has there been anything saying that Manziel is good, great, or my lover boy.

    This is how out of touch with reality you have become.

    Oh and I don't know what a tcpo is.

    Seems you can't get it through you think head- we aren't saying Hoyer IS the next Kurt Warner, we are saying it sure would be nice if that turns out to be the case. I for one have no idea if that will come to pass.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Im sorry "TCPO" is 7 examples enough? Because I can throw in the other examples where people were just saying Hoyer was the next ________ thus inferring that Hoyer will remain starter.

    One one special post Hoorta even made the comments that because Warner, Len Dawson, and Johnny U were all cut in their careers, that Hoyer being cut 3 times in 5 years means nothing and he might be another one of them.

    That one I'll cherish forever.

    That's right, Stockton MIGHT happen- find one post of mine where I said WILL happen.. You seem to be in denial since it's happened in the past- it can't happen again- to the Browns.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Because I'm telling you Hoyer isn't the guy?

    That's funny because the real Coach and GM of the Browns already told you Hoyer wasn't the guy by drafting a QB in round 1. That was their clue to the rest of you that Hoyer, is a backup QB.

    See above- yeah- we got it about 100 posts ago what your opinion about Hoyer is. A bunch of us posters see it differently, as to the reason a quarterback was selected in the first round.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    You guys need to be careful. You can trip and fall backpedaling that hard.

    Or maybe you need to do a little research before you post.

    It's like growing a scum stache and wearing a flat brim hat automatically makes you act like a big pussy.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Or maybe you need to do a little research before you post.

    It's like growing a scum stache and wearing a flat brim hat automatically makes you act like a big pussy.

    Actually, given the recent posts between us, it would seem like you would need to do the research before you post.

  • Hey Hoorta I'm going to guess you play the lottery all the time right?

    I mean because you MIGHT win right? I mean it's happened to people before, so its perfectly logical to think it could happen to you. I hope you don't fly because people have died in plane crashes before. It MIGHT happen to you too. Be careful. Especially at the beach, shark attack man. Shark Attacks.

    Perfectly logical.

  • Watching StocktonShorts crush skulls on this thread reminds me of that hypothetical about how many six year olds you could take-out at one time in a no-holds barred brawl.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Or maybe you need to do a little research before you post.

    It's like growing a scum stache and wearing a flat brim hat automatically makes you act like a big pussy.

    Actually, given the recent posts between us, it would seem like you would need to do the research before you post.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Actually, given the recent posts between us, it would seem like you would need to do the research before you post.

    I'll take the 200 posts I was right about over the one I was wrong about.

    But you can hang onto that one, I know you need it. Might even want to print it out and get it framed.

  • Hey Hoorta I'm going to guess you play the lottery all the time right?

    I mean because you MIGHT win right? I mean it's happened to people before, so its perfectly logical to think it could happen to you. I hope you don't fly because people have died in plane crashes before. It MIGHT happen to you too. Be careful. Especially at the beach, shark attack man. Shark Attacks.

    Perfectly logical.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Hey Hoorta I'm going to guess you play the lottery all the time right?

    I mean because you MIGHT win right? I mean it's happened to people before, so its perfectly logical to think it could happen to you. I hope you don't fly because people have died in plane crashes before. It MIGHT happen to you too. Be careful. Especially at the beach, shark attack man. Shark Attacks.

    Perfectly logical.

    All of those things might happen, yes. All you're doing is reinforcing the point that nothing is guaranteed.

  • If it smells vinegary and has no problem going into stinky holes, it's a douche.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Interesting that you went with Flacco. He's certainly the most successful and his success does dispute my claim a tiny bit.

    Only reason I went with Flacco was that the three, prior season starters for the Ravens were: Boller/ McNair/ Boller, neither of whom were on the '08 roster. Bouman and Smith backed up Flacco in '08, so it seemed obvious they were looking for a starter in a hurry and committed to him. So, ready or not, with a tight leash in place, they started him...

    @sisky-fringo said:

    Tour, my statement Hoyer walks talks and acts like he has the job right now cannot be challenged, he has said it himself countless times. it's infallible.

    Agree 100%... the latest comments concerning reps with the 1st vs. 2nd teamers from our two candidates only served to support the view.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    im thinkin u were just ribbin' me 🙄, but just in case here's a refresher on my stance.

    Who me??? Ribbin'??? 😎

    And fyi to all...

    What Frisky and Picasso have in common is they both went through their "blue period"...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picasso's_Blue_Period

    Ya may come for football, but ya gets art history for free...

    @tour2ma said:

    Only reason I went with Flacco was that the three, prior season starters for the Ravens were: Boller/ McNair/ Boller, neither of whom were on the '08 roster. Bouman and Smith backed up Flacco in '08, so it seemed obvious they were looking for a starter in a hurry and committed to him. So, ready or not, with a tight leash in place, they started him...

    IIRC -- and i may not be...this will come as a huge shocker to nearly all but Mik may perhaps be correct that I could have possibly dabbled in the occasional bad trip...but most were pretty great to be honest -- but that offseason the ravens had very high hopes for Troy Smith and it appeared they intended to have he and Flacco compete for the start.

    And yes, the 1st rounder was projected to win the battle and hopefully be the starter but the fact they took Smith at all shows even a savvy evaluator like Ozzy understands there are no guarantees in the NFL.

    Troy was actually ahead early but then came down with a really bad flu...Flacco surpassed him and never let up after that and the rest is history.

    And fyi to all...

    What Frisky and Picasso have in common is they both went through their "blue period"...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picasso's_Blue_Period

    well upon 1st glance i had mistaken the "rimshot" for a "Ding! Ding!" and thought it answered. later on when google provided no results to confirm whether or not Picasso too in fact "had a bucket"...i was pretty much stumped.

    fwiw blue is my favorite color. green got bumped out when I moved to Denver...talk about deep blue skies. !! until i acclimated to it every day looked almost fake..."unreal" is a better word...which over time has admittedly ruined "less blue" sea level vistages for me a bit. such is a life of excess. moderation...the antidote to overdose.

    and yet another aside>>i only hope if Des sees my avatar he can take a joke. lol

    i think he will have a huge season this year at DE and love that he's on the team...but that pic was just too outrageous to not wear for a bit. Des-head photoshoppers have some of the best work out there since the katrina "looter" imo. no idea why either...besides it being a hilarious mugshot of course!

  • Watching StocktonShorts crush skulls on this thread reminds me of that hypothetical about how many six year olds you could take-out at one time in a no-holds barred brawl.

    @bangobango said:

    Watching StocktonShorts crush skulls on this thread reminds me of that hypothetical about how many six year olds you could take-out at one time in a no-holds barred brawl.

    uh, really?

    what WWE match are you watching. stocktonshorts is stephanie mcmahon and we are the legion of doom.

    bangobango why don't you go jumpojumpo of a bridgeo bridgeo? and take stockton with ya, you 2 scooter pie beotches.

  • He's a brick wall that's playing a broken record. He'll spin what you say. Just give it up. Dude is dense or trolling.

  • someone had mentioned to me that it might be johnny himself.

    that would be sad. like his 3 plays in the first half.

  • @browns23 said:

    The big thing is that Hoyer led the Browns to wins in his limited exposure.

    He started, yes. That's legit. but led? IDK about that. His stats weren't that great.

    Everyone wants Manziel to instantly start, but he hasn't even played a snap in an actual NFL game yet, unlike Hoyer, so there is absolutely no reason to rush him.

    I agree there is no reason to rush Manziel. Who cares about winning? "No" reason?

    Unlike Manziel, Hoyer hasn't taken game snaps in 5 straight weeks in over 5 seasons. this idea that Hoyer is experienced is odd to me. He's experienced at practice; let's not overstate this one. Dude hasn't even started 25% of a single NFL season. One season he spent on the practice squad.

    I want whoever is going to win us games to start, but I firmly believe that Hoyer is that guy as of this moment in time given his experience.

    Resign Vince!

    Until they get into an actual game we really just don't know because I know Weeden looked like a superstar last night in his first preseason game and we all know how legit that was.

    Finally. I agree.

    it's just odd to me practice squad snaps count but SEC snaps don't.

    @txdawg said:

    it's just odd to me practice squad snaps count but SEC snaps don't.

    NFL practice reps resemble the NFL games more than college ball by an overwhelming margin.

    you can get away with a lot of sloppy ball playing even in the SEC.

    do you shoot TX? i see SEC vs NFL kinda like iron sights vs a scope.

    feel free to agree or disagree.

    if you agree, the differences should be evident. if you disagree, you probably don't watch a whole lot of non-mainstream NFL. by that i mean scouring every piece of NFL practice footage you can get ur hands on...as opposed to just viewing regular games.

    how about an amicable impasse until there is more info available?

    ...maybe something such as an admission from JFF himself stating how much more sophisticated the pro game is in every way: how much larger, faster, stronger, talented, and athletic the other players are and how much quicker the speed is at which the players play. how much smaller the windows are along with the time they are open and closed. how much more savvy and disciplined the opposing defenses are. how much more accurate you have to be with your ball placement. how much more you have to take care of the ball, both in the air and general ball security.

    taking snaps under center needs to become like 2nd nature. he also must avoid abandoning the pocket but instead stay inside it and learn how to climb it keeping the play alive for the reception...as opposed to lowering his own helmet and taking unnecessary (and stupid) risks.

  • Sorry, but snaps vs Alabama in a national televised game that means your season > snaps on a Tuesday closed practice mimicking someone else

  • Hey Hoorta I'm going to guess you play the lottery all the time right?

    I mean because you MIGHT win right? I mean it's happened to people before, so its perfectly logical to think it could happen to you. I hope you don't fly because people have died in plane crashes before. It MIGHT happen to you too. Be careful. Especially at the beach, shark attack man. Shark Attacks.

    Perfectly logical.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Hey Hoorta I'm going to guess you play the lottery all the time right?

    I mean because you MIGHT win right? I mean it's happened to people before, so its perfectly logical to think it could happen to you. I hope you don't fly because people have died in plane crashes before. It MIGHT happen to you too. Be careful. Especially at the beach, shark attack man. Shark Attacks.

    Perfectly logical.

    Well, duh, duh, duh. BTW, I avoid the ocean- because of sharks and other nasty things that live there. You're giving Hoyer about as much chance as the earth getting hit by an asteroid tomorrow, I put Brian's odds as significantly better being the starting qb against the Steelers. Yup, the talking heads on NFLN still have Hoyer as slightly ahead after the Lions game-

    Oh, I hate Manziel so bad I personally had JF slightly ahead of Hoyer in the Lions game.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Hey Hoorta I'm going to guess you play the lottery all the time right?

    I mean because you MIGHT win right? I mean it's happened to people before, so its perfectly logical to think it could happen to you. I hope you don't fly because people have died in plane crashes before. It MIGHT happen to you too. Be careful. Especially at the beach, shark attack man. Shark Attacks.

    Perfectly logical.

    Well, duh, duh, duh. BTW, I avoid the ocean- because of sharks and other nasty things that live there. You're giving Hoyer about as much chance as the earth getting hit by an asteroid tomorrow, I put Brian's odds as significantly better being the starting qb against the Steelers. Yup, the talking heads on NFLN still have Hoyer as slightly ahead after the Lions game-

    Oh, I hate Manziel so bad I personally had JF slightly ahead of Hoyer in the Lions game.

    @hoorta said:

    the talking heads on NFLN still have Hoyer as slightly ahead after the Lions game-

    Oh, I hate Manziel so bad I personally had JF slightly ahead of Hoyer in the Lions game.

    Manziel is the better QB and gives the Browns the best chance to be great. Hoyer is done.

  • @hoorta said:

    the talking heads on NFLN still have Hoyer as slightly ahead after the Lions game-

    Oh, I hate Manziel so bad I personally had JF slightly ahead of Hoyer in the Lions game.

    Manziel is the better QB and gives the Browns the best chance to be great. Hoyer is done.

    @java said:

    Manziel is the better QB and gives the Browns the best chance to be great. Hoyer is done.

    That's your 0.02 Great- after 14 posts, join the rest of the Johnny come latelies that aren't even giving Hoyer a legit shot- that's all we're asking for Hoyer- a guy who went undefeated last year , FYI.

    Unlike the A&M crowd, Browns fans aren't in awe of college stats. Manziel looked good tonight -in preseason. So did Brandon Weeden last year. Baby steps guys.

  • "Unlike the A&M crowd, Browns fans aren't in awe of college stats. Manziel looked good tonight -in preseason. So did Brandon Weeden last year. Baby steps guys".


    Backpedaling and looking for excuses. And Weeden is not even close to touching Johnny. Try again.