Hoyer will start !
-
Well we pinned the problem then.
Good to me means significantly above average.
But I speak English not nfl loser.
It's intellectually insulting to suggest hoyer is anything but unproven. The different standards when comparing theQBs is noticeable
Intellectually insulting to who? Not you because you have to be intelligent to be "intellectually insulted."
I consider great to be significantly above average. Average, good, great. There you go fuck face. Or for instance: idiot, stupid, full Retard (i.e. you). I'm done discussing arbitrary levels of grading people with an ass clown.
And different standards? I judge Hoyer on his NFL experience and play in real games. Your lover boy is yet to be determined how well he can play in the NFL.
Intellectually insulting to who? Not you because you have to be intelligent to be "intellectually insulted."
I consider great to be significantly above average. Average, good, great. There you go fuck face. Or for instance: idiot, stupid, full Retard (i.e. you). I'm done discussing arbitrary levels of grading people with an ass clown.
And different standards? I judge Hoyer on his NFL experience and play in real games. Your lover boy is yet to be determined how well he can play in the NFL.
This guy would play Hoyer over Andrew Luck his rookie year with this evaluation. Nice job, coach.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Pittsburgh Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau: 'I'm expecting Johnny Manziel to be the starter' for Cleveland Browns
"I'm expecting (Johnny) Manziel to be the starter," LeBeau told cleveland.com Monday, a day Manziel earned exclusive first-team reps for the first time in practice. "That's what I'm expecting. What he did in college is not an accident. He did it often enough against good teams."
"I think he is going to be a handful for all of us," said LeBeau, a Pro Football Hall of Famer. "You watch all his games and he created plays, he made plays, he kept plays alive.
"He has the ability to see people and the touch with the football to get it in there late in the down. I think he will be successful at this level."
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/pittsburgh_steelers_defensive.html
Translation perhaps: " I am hoping that Manziel will be the starter for the Browns.....because almost never in history has a defense that I have been in charge of ever lost to a rookie QB. (this is in fact true), and in probably my final year in the league I would like to see this team make the playoffs, and if the Browns start a rookie against us twice, that is 2 wins under our belts that we don't have to worry about."
(per some research I have done, the only time a rookie QB has defeated LeBeau in a fair, straight up game was..........guess who.......Brandon Weeden. That was when the Browns forced like 8 fumbles vs. the Steelers.
The Steelers also lost to rookie Troy Smith....but that was an end of the year throw in game where the Steelers only played their starters for maybe a series..
-
This can't be serious.
This is a good position? What's an average one? Bad one?
This hoyer love is strange.
It's not all that strange- I've mentioned before if Hoyer was from California, it would be a lot different. Pulling for the local kid to do well. Is it that hard to understand? That's why NE Ohio was in a state of shock and mourning when the biggest hometown hero of all- Le Bron James, decided to "take his talents to South Beach". In his first stint with the Cavs, Le Bron could have run for mayor- and won- easily.
Sorry regarding proven- Hoyer is more proven than Manziel- as he's actually played in a real NFL game, JF has not.
I knew this was going to happen. Manziel looked OK in a controlled scrimmage, (not great mind you). Looked OK (not great again) today practicing with the #1s. That's a far cry from a real preseason game, and the regular season is in another dimension.
Did we see what has you Johnny Man-lovers salivating over? Yes. I'll be tuning in live this Saturday @ 7:30 PM to see if JF gets some reps with the first team offense against Suh and Fairley. Welcome to the REAL NFL Johnny.
It's not all that strange- I've mentioned before if Hoyer was from California, it would be a lot different. Pulling for the local kid to do well. Is it that hard to understand? That's why NE Ohio was in a state of shock and mourning when the biggest hometown hero of all- Le Bron James, decided to "take his talents to South Beach". In his first stint with the Cavs, Le Bron could have run for mayor- and won- easily.
Sorry regarding proven- Hoyer is more proven than Manziel- as he's actually played in a real NFL game, JF has not.
I knew this was going to happen. Manziel looked OK in a controlled scrimmage, (not great mind you). Looked OK (not great again) today practicing with the #1s. That's a far cry from a real preseason game, and the regular season is in another dimension.
Did we see what has you Johnny Man-lovers salivating over? Yes. I'll be tuning in live this Saturday @ 7:30 PM to see if JF gets some reps with the first team offense against Suh and Fairley. Welcome to the REAL NFL Johnny.
What's that say when in one week he looks comparable to Hoyer?
You guys don't seem to understand that Johnny is the worst he's going to be right now. He's only going to get better the more comfortable he gets with everything. The ceiling for Hoyer right now is not nearly as high.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Pittsburgh Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau: 'I'm expecting Johnny Manziel to be the starter' for Cleveland Browns
"I'm expecting (Johnny) Manziel to be the starter," LeBeau told cleveland.com Monday, a day Manziel earned exclusive first-team reps for the first time in practice. "That's what I'm expecting. What he did in college is not an accident. He did it often enough against good teams."
"I think he is going to be a handful for all of us," said LeBeau, a Pro Football Hall of Famer. "You watch all his games and he created plays, he made plays, he kept plays alive.
"He has the ability to see people and the touch with the football to get it in there late in the down. I think he will be successful at this level."
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/pittsburgh_steelers_defensive.html
Translation perhaps: " I am hoping that Manziel will be the starter for the Browns.....because almost never in history has a defense that I have been in charge of ever lost to a rookie QB. (this is in fact true), and in probably my final year in the league I would like to see this team make the playoffs, and if the Browns start a rookie against us twice, that is 2 wins under our belts that we don't have to worry about."
(per some research I have done, the only time a rookie QB has defeated LeBeau in a fair, straight up game was..........guess who.......Brandon Weeden. That was when the Browns forced like 8 fumbles vs. the Steelers.
The Steelers also lost to rookie Troy Smith....but that was an end of the year throw in game where the Steelers only played their starters for maybe a series..
Translation perhaps: " I am hoping that Manziel will be the starter for the Browns.....because never in history has a defense that I have been in charge of ever lost to a rookie QB. (this is in fact true), and in probably my final year in the league I would like to see this team make the playoffs, and if the Browns start a rookie against us twice, that is 2 wins under our belts that we don't have to worry about."
Translation: I am good friend Tim Deruyter who was the DC at A&M when Johnny was a redshirt freshman and simulated RG3 for the scout team and he told me Johnny was tougher on the defense than RG3 was, so I know this kid is a badass.
-
Intellectually insulting to who? Not you because you have to be intelligent to be "intellectually insulted."
I consider great to be significantly above average. Average, good, great. There you go fuck face. Or for instance: idiot, stupid, full Retard (i.e. you). I'm done discussing arbitrary levels of grading people with an ass clown.
And different standards? I judge Hoyer on his NFL experience and play in real games. Your lover boy is yet to be determined how well he can play in the NFL.
This guy would play Hoyer over Andrew Luck his rookie year with this evaluation. Nice job, coach.
This guy would play Hoyer over Andrew Luck his rookie year with this evaluation. Nice job, coach.
Haha. Yeah right dick wad. Luck has been the best prospect since Peyton Manning came out. Played in an NFL style offense at Stanford and is a prototypical pocket passer.
-
Same could be said of Tebow.
Manziel and Tebow aren't even close to having similar styles. They were talking about Tebow moving positions before he even got in the NFL. He was a fullback at quarterback surrounded by some of the best players in the country with Urban on the sidelines.
Manziel and Tebow aren't even close to having similar styles. They were talking about Tebow moving positions before he even got in the NFL. He was a fullback at quarterback surrounded by some of the best players in the country with Urban on the sidelines.
I'd say there styles are closer than not. Scrambler who makes plays on the run. But that's just my opinion. Both were athletically gifted qbs who made a lot ofnl plays with their feet.
-
You should support both Quarterbacks and quit hating on one or the other. The best one wins, period.
-
This guy would play Hoyer over Andrew Luck his rookie year with this evaluation. Nice job, coach.
Haha. Yeah right dick wad. Luck has been the best prospect since Peyton Manning came out. Played in an NFL style offense at Stanford and is a prototypical pocket passer.
Haha. Yeah right dick wad. Luck has been the best prospect since Peyton Manning came out. Played in an NFL style offense at Stanford and is a prototypical pocket passer.
Then say what you mean. You said you judged Hoyer better than Johnny based on NFL experience. If that's all you're judging on, then we can conclude two things: 1) you're dumb as fuck; and 2) Hoyer is going to be superior to any prospect coming out in the NFL draft, no matter how good they are, because they have no NFL experience with which to compare.
You said you judge Hoyer on real experience in real game when comparing him to Johnny, but then talk out of your ass and say you judge Luck based on his experience at Stanford playing in the Pac12. If you don't think Johnny is better, then say it. Lay your evaluation nuts out there. Don't hide behind this no NFL experience bullshit.
-
Haha. Yeah right dick wad. Luck has been the best prospect since Peyton Manning came out. Played in an NFL style offense at Stanford and is a prototypical pocket passer.
Then say what you mean. You said you judged Hoyer better than Johnny based on NFL experience. If that's all you're judging on, then we can conclude two things: 1) you're dumb as fuck; and 2) Hoyer is going to be superior to any prospect coming out in the NFL draft, no matter how good they are, because they have no NFL experience with which to compare.
You said you judge Hoyer on real experience in real game when comparing him to Johnny, but then talk out of your ass and say you judge Luck based on his experience at Stanford playing in the Pac12. If you don't think Johnny is better, then say it. Lay your evaluation nuts out there. Don't hide behind this no NFL experience bullshit.
Then say what you mean. You said you judged Hoyer better than Johnny based on NFL experience. If that's all you're judging on, then we can conclude two things: 1) you're dumb as fuck; and 2) Hoyer is going to be superior to any prospect coming out in the NFL draft, no matter how good they are, because they have no NFL experience with which to compare.
You said you judge Hoyer on real experience in real game when comparing him to Johnny, but then talk out of your ass and say you judge Luck based on his experience at Stanford playing in the Pac12.
First of all your a dick weed. 2nd I don't give a fuck who plays what position so long as they win. I'm a fan of the browns. And in retrospect, yeah let Luck sit and learn so long as Hoyer is winning games.
Guess the Packers were dumbasses for not starting Rogers right away since favre was on the decline. Go to TMZ to get your johhny news.
-
Translation perhaps: " I am hoping that Manziel will be the starter for the Browns.....because never in history has a defense that I have been in charge of ever lost to a rookie QB. (this is in fact true), and in probably my final year in the league I would like to see this team make the playoffs, and if the Browns start a rookie against us twice, that is 2 wins under our belts that we don't have to worry about."
Translation: I am good friend Tim Deruyter who was the DC at A&M when Johnny was a redshirt freshman and simulated RG3 for the scout team and he told me Johnny was tougher on the defense than RG3 was, so I know this kid is a badass.
Translation: I am good friend Tim Deruyter who was the DC at A&M when Johnny was a redshirt freshman and simulated RG3 for the scout team and he told me Johnny was tougher on the defense than RG3 was, so I know this kid is a badass.
Maybe.....but he also knows that no matter how badass a rookie QB is......he is more badass proven after 75 years and will always beat that rookie.
-
Well we pinned the problem then.
Good to me means significantly above average.
But I speak English not nfl loser.
It's intellectually insulting to suggest hoyer is anything but unproven. The different standards when comparing theQBs is noticeable
Intellectually insulting to who? Not you because you have to be intelligent to be "intellectually insulted."
I consider great to be significantly above average. Average, good, great. There you go fuck face. Or for instance: idiot, stupid, full Retard (i.e. you). I'm done discussing arbitrary levels of grading people with an ass clown.
And different standards? I judge Hoyer on his NFL experience and play in real games. Your lover boy is yet to be determined how well he can play in the NFL.
Intellectually insulting to who? Not you because you have to be intelligent to be "intellectually insulted." nice burn, brah.
I consider great to be significantly above average. Average, good, great. There you go fuck face. Or for instance: idiot, stupid, full Retard (i.e. you). I'm done discussing arbitrary levels of grading people with an ass clown.
the word significant means important enough to be noticed or have an effect. semantic fail.And different standards? I judge Hoyer on his NFL experience and play in real games. Your lover boy is yet to be determined how well he can play in the NFL.
I assume you were furious when they cut Vince Young.

NFL experience AND real games? I'm confused, since I'm such a derp, Johnny has not played any real games? Why not judge him by real games? You separated NFL experience AND real games; why does 1 do this?

maybe, and this is just a guess assumption logical conclusion, you simply dislike manziel.
just own that.
-
Then say what you mean. You said you judged Hoyer better than Johnny based on NFL experience. If that's all you're judging on, then we can conclude two things: 1) you're dumb as fuck; and 2) Hoyer is going to be superior to any prospect coming out in the NFL draft, no matter how good they are, because they have no NFL experience with which to compare.
You said you judge Hoyer on real experience in real game when comparing him to Johnny, but then talk out of your ass and say you judge Luck based on his experience at Stanford playing in the Pac12.
First of all your a dick weed. 2nd I don't give a fuck who plays what position so long as they win. I'm a fan of the browns. And in retrospect, yeah let Luck sit and learn so long as Hoyer is winning games.
Guess the Packers were dumbasses for not starting Rogers right away since favre was on the decline. Go to TMZ to get your johhny news.
First of all your a dick weed. 2nd I don't give a fuck who plays what position so long as they win. I'm a fan of the browns. And in retrospect, yeah let Luck sit and learn so long as Hoyer is winning games.
Guess the Packers were dumbasses for not starting Rogers right away since favre was on the decline. Go to TMZ to get your johhny news.
I didn't realize Brian Hoyer was on the same level as Brett Favre.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Pittsburgh Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau: 'I'm expecting Johnny Manziel to be the starter' for Cleveland Browns
"I'm expecting (Johnny) Manziel to be the starter," LeBeau told cleveland.com Monday, a day Manziel earned exclusive first-team reps for the first time in practice. "That's what I'm expecting. What he did in college is not an accident. He did it often enough against good teams."
"I think he is going to be a handful for all of us," said LeBeau, a Pro Football Hall of Famer. "You watch all his games and he created plays, he made plays, he kept plays alive.
"He has the ability to see people and the touch with the football to get it in there late in the down. I think he will be successful at this level."
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/pittsburgh_steelers_defensive.html
Translation perhaps: " I am hoping that Manziel will be the starter for the Browns.....because almost never in history has a defense that I have been in charge of ever lost to a rookie QB. (this is in fact true), and in probably my final year in the league I would like to see this team make the playoffs, and if the Browns start a rookie against us twice, that is 2 wins under our belts that we don't have to worry about."
(per some research I have done, the only time a rookie QB has defeated LeBeau in a fair, straight up game was..........guess who.......Brandon Weeden. That was when the Browns forced like 8 fumbles vs. the Steelers.
The Steelers also lost to rookie Troy Smith....but that was an end of the year throw in game where the Steelers only played their starters for maybe a series..
Translation perhaps: " I am hoping that Manziel will be the starter for the Browns.....because almost never in history has a defense that I have been in charge of ever lost to a rookie QB. (this is in fact true), and in probably my final year in the league I would like to see this team make the playoffs, and if the Browns start a rookie against us twice, that is 2 wins under our belts that we don't have to worry about."
(per some research I have done, the only time a rookie QB has defeated LeBeau in a fair, straight up game was..........guess who.......Brandon Weeden. That was when the Browns forced like 8 fumbles vs. the Steelers.
The Steelers also lost to rookie Troy Smith....but that was an end of the year throw in game where the Steelers only played their starters for maybe a series..
in 2008, flacco's first road start was in ketchup field. it took the squeelers an OT period to pull out a 23-20 win. i remember this game because i figured there was no way a rookie could go into pisspuke and keep the score close.
The game went off -6 and i lost a boatload of cash with my expert handicapping skills. i quit gambling a few weeks after this game. finally wised up after pissing away tens of thousands $$ over a ten year period of futility.. it has not been easy being me.
-
Intellectually insulting to who? Not you because you have to be intelligent to be "intellectually insulted."
I consider great to be significantly above average. Average, good, great. There you go fuck face. Or for instance: idiot, stupid, full Retard (i.e. you). I'm done discussing arbitrary levels of grading people with an ass clown.
And different standards? I judge Hoyer on his NFL experience and play in real games. Your lover boy is yet to be determined how well he can play in the NFL.
This guy would play Hoyer over Andrew Luck his rookie year with this evaluation. Nice job, coach.
This guy would play Hoyer over Andrew Luck his rookie year with this evaluation. Nice job, coach.
way to introduce yourself to the board.
if first impressions are everything you must be working at hardees right now.......coach.
go fuck yourself.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Pittsburgh Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau: 'I'm expecting Johnny Manziel to be the starter' for Cleveland Browns
"I'm expecting (Johnny) Manziel to be the starter," LeBeau told cleveland.com Monday, a day Manziel earned exclusive first-team reps for the first time in practice. "That's what I'm expecting. What he did in college is not an accident. He did it often enough against good teams."
"I think he is going to be a handful for all of us," said LeBeau, a Pro Football Hall of Famer. "You watch all his games and he created plays, he made plays, he kept plays alive.
"He has the ability to see people and the touch with the football to get it in there late in the down. I think he will be successful at this level."
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/pittsburgh_steelers_defensive.html
Translation perhaps: " I am hoping that Manziel will be the starter for the Browns.....because almost never in history has a defense that I have been in charge of ever lost to a rookie QB. (this is in fact true), and in probably my final year in the league I would like to see this team make the playoffs, and if the Browns start a rookie against us twice, that is 2 wins under our belts that we don't have to worry about."
(per some research I have done, the only time a rookie QB has defeated LeBeau in a fair, straight up game was..........guess who.......Brandon Weeden. That was when the Browns forced like 8 fumbles vs. the Steelers.
The Steelers also lost to rookie Troy Smith....but that was an end of the year throw in game where the Steelers only played their starters for maybe a series..
All according to plan...
Translation perhaps: " I am hoping that Manziel will be the starter for the Browns.....because almost never in history has a defense that I have been in charge of ever lost to a rookie QB. (this is in fact true), and in probably my final year in the league I would like to see this team make the playoffs, and if the Browns start a rookie against us twice, that is 2 wins under our belts that we don't have to worry about."
Thought crossed my mind as well. Nothing like fertilizing those seeds of dissention prior to opening day...
What's that say when in one week he looks comparable to Hoyer?
If you ignore being 8 seconds slower out of the huddle and having a 40% lower completion percentage... yeah... comparable-ish...
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Pittsburgh Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau: 'I'm expecting Johnny Manziel to be the starter' for Cleveland Browns
"I'm expecting (Johnny) Manziel to be the starter," LeBeau told cleveland.com Monday, a day Manziel earned exclusive first-team reps for the first time in practice. "That's what I'm expecting. What he did in college is not an accident. He did it often enough against good teams."
"I think he is going to be a handful for all of us," said LeBeau, a Pro Football Hall of Famer. "You watch all his games and he created plays, he made plays, he kept plays alive.
"He has the ability to see people and the touch with the football to get it in there late in the down. I think he will be successful at this level."
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/pittsburgh_steelers_defensive.html
Translation perhaps: " I am hoping that Manziel will be the starter for the Browns.....because almost never in history has a defense that I have been in charge of ever lost to a rookie QB. (this is in fact true), and in probably my final year in the league I would like to see this team make the playoffs, and if the Browns start a rookie against us twice, that is 2 wins under our belts that we don't have to worry about."
(per some research I have done, the only time a rookie QB has defeated LeBeau in a fair, straight up game was..........guess who.......Brandon Weeden. That was when the Browns forced like 8 fumbles vs. the Steelers.
The Steelers also lost to rookie Troy Smith....but that was an end of the year throw in game where the Steelers only played their starters for maybe a series..
Translation perhaps: " I am hoping that Manziel will be the starter for the Browns.....because almost never in history has a defense that I have been in charge of ever lost to a rookie QB. (this is in fact true), and in probably my final year in the league I would like to see this team make the playoffs, and if the Browns start a rookie against us twice, that is 2 wins under our belts that we don't have to worry about."
(per some research I have done, the only time a rookie QB has defeated LeBeau in a fair, straight up game was..........guess who.......Brandon Weeden. That was when the Browns forced like 8 fumbles vs. the Steelers.
The Steelers also lost to rookie Troy Smith....but that was an end of the year throw in game where the Steelers only played their starters for maybe a series..
Yup- LeBeau doesn't lose to rookie qbs- especially at home in the opener.
What's that say when in one week he looks comparable to Hoyer?
You guys don't seem to understand that Johnny is the worst he's going to be right now. He's only going to get better the more comfortable he gets with everything. The ceiling for Hoyer right now is not nearly as high.
Yet another JF homer opinion- unsupported by the Browns coaching staff. FYI Pettine said weeks ago Manziel would get some reps in with the first team- it's a non-story.
-
This fan base has to be the most Retarded ive ever seen. Johnny looked better by far today. Once he gets some freaking WRs who can freaking catch the ball look out. Learn the difference between dropped balls and bad passing. Blind ass brown fans...Unreal....
You were at training camp today? Wonderful- most of us weren't. I think most of us will gladly defer to Pettine and Shanahan's decision as to who's better come the Steeler game. Training camp means almost nothing, and the preseason games are close to it. Know who had a 100 qbr last preseason? Brandon Weeden.
I'm the biggest Manziel fan on the planet and I think Hoyer should start.
3. It's way more damaging if we start Manziel right away and we shatter his confidence and the teams than if we start Hoyer and he sucks.Gosh Walter were you recently abducted by aliens and had your brain reprogrammed? Yes, many a quarterback has been tossed into live action too soon. It will hurt JF not at all to sit and watch until the coaches think he's ready- or Hoyer totally bombs.
Gosh Walter were you recently abducted by aliens and had your brain reprogrammed? Yes, many a quarterback has been tossed into live action too soon. It will hurt JF not at all to sit and watch until the coaches think he's ready- or Hoyer totally bombs.
I was thinking the same thing. Like maybe I entered the twilight zone. I check out for a little while and come back to WW making sensible statements about his boy JM? What's next, Mik runs off to join the Westboro Baptist Church and Z comes out of the closet?
-
Translation perhaps: " I am hoping that Manziel will be the starter for the Browns.....because almost never in history has a defense that I have been in charge of ever lost to a rookie QB. (this is in fact true), and in probably my final year in the league I would like to see this team make the playoffs, and if the Browns start a rookie against us twice, that is 2 wins under our belts that we don't have to worry about."
(per some research I have done, the only time a rookie QB has defeated LeBeau in a fair, straight up game was..........guess who.......Brandon Weeden. That was when the Browns forced like 8 fumbles vs. the Steelers.
The Steelers also lost to rookie Troy Smith....but that was an end of the year throw in game where the Steelers only played their starters for maybe a series..
Yup- LeBeau doesn't lose to rookie qbs- especially at home in the opener.
What's that say when in one week he looks comparable to Hoyer?
You guys don't seem to understand that Johnny is the worst he's going to be right now. He's only going to get better the more comfortable he gets with everything. The ceiling for Hoyer right now is not nearly as high.
Yet another JF homer opinion- unsupported by the Browns coaching staff. FYI Pettine said weeks ago Manziel would get some reps in with the first team- it's a non-story.
Yup- LeBeau doesn't lose to rookie qbs- especially at home in the opener.
Yet another JF homer opinion- unsupported by the Browns coaching staff. FYI Pettine said weeks ago Manziel would get some reps in with the first team- it's a non-story.
Thats because he hasn't faced Johnny fucking football.
-
LOL this whole board. Just sit back this season and enjoy the times JFF is in. Sometimes you'll be saying, "Ah, shit NO!" and other times you'll be saying, "Holy SHIT! Did he just do that!"
And often times both things will be said on the exact same play one after the other. Whateveer happens you will be entertained.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login