Skip to content

Hoyer will start !

The Browns Board
265 38 9.2k
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I didn't realize Brian Hoyer was on the same level as Brett Favre.

    That's exactly what i said. You're starting to act like the Manziel lovers.

    @usfbrown said:

    That's exactly what i said. You're starting to act like the Manziel lovers.

    If that's not what you're saying, then your comparison is invalid.

  • I have been reading message boards about Johnny since he was in HS. I haven't missed one of his games since he was a freshman in HS. You guys don't have ANYTHING on how bad the Texas AM board (TexAgs) slammed him until he finally got on the field. There was a lot of crow eating on that board. Sure I am a homer but the kid is something special. He has a rare combination of athletic ability, brains and heart. So far he has proved everybody wrong and I think the NFL is just the final step. He will never get a scholarship to a D! school. He will never start at a D1 school. He will never play QB at a D1 school. He will get crushed in the SEC. He will not win the Heisman as a freshman...blah blah blah. Johnny just wins or dies trying. Ok I am done for now 😁

  • @mike-h said:

    Openly wishing injury on the kid by one of the mods.

    Definitely an anti-Manziel, homer-visioned, retirement home forum for the bottom of the barrel of the fan base.

    Please just leave.

    You are actually the worst thing about this board right now.

    I mean, if 10 different people call you a condescending prick, you might just be one.

    It's a shame, you used to be interesting when you talked about football.

    Z

  • I don't agree with Hoorta's take on Manziel, but they are his opinions and they are valid, why be such a fuckstick about it?

    You'e the only asshole that complains about the forum, and you are the only asshole that just about everyone thinks is an asshole.

    Ghoolie is actually more likable than you right now, and he derides the entire fan base.

    It's football season now, there's a game this Saturday, so it's time to get rid of the assholes who don't talk about football and the assholes that whine and bitch about the forum.

    Let's see ... That would be Mike H. And Mike H..

    Sorry you turned into such a douchebag.

    But it's time to move on.

    Z

  • @mike-h said:

    Haha, fuck you dude.

    Another internet pussy. Wouldn't say it to my face because you're gutless.

    And you are a piss poor writer. Good luck with all that.

    Z

  • @mike-h said:

    Openly wishing injury on the kid by one of the mods.

    Definitely an anti-Manziel, homer-visioned, retirement home forum for the bottom of the barrel of the fan base.

    Don't misquote me Mike. Wish injury? Don't think so. Reading comprehension problem? Likely. I said the possibility of injury is rather high- so did Bill Parcells, FWIW. Really- if you want to be a dick about it, as Z said go back to the 'Tard. They may appreciate your vast wisdom more over there.

    I can sure as shit guarantee you'd get your ass kicked off there in short order if you were 1\2 as abrasive and antagonistic as you are here.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm sorry, but your opinion of my writing means nothing. The guy who keeps giving me cash doesn't seem to agree.

    So many bitter assholes in this place... and the true colors come out at times like these.

    You're just another bitter ass old dude who probably pissed away his life and is spending his twilight years sitting on the internet.

    Cheers bro.

    My life is great. No bitterness. Just time to take out the trash.

    Oh .. and I'm pretty sure the only guy giving you cash is the one with his dick in your mouth.

    Zombo

  • @mike-h said:

    Even after they're wrong, there's no crow eating. Just more spin and delusional posts about their football knowledgebase. Nothing to see here

    Talk about obsessive compulsive behavior. 'Twas pointed out to you before- Nothing to see here? Then why are you wasting your time with us?

    @mike-h said:

    No, I respect a lot of their opinions, and you didn't say anything about the possibility of injury being rather high. You openly wished he got hurt, then backtracked and said it was sarcasm.

    You're a garbage mod, fan, prognosticator, whatever you think you are.

    And just who do you think you are? God's gift to football knowledge? Apparently more that a few of our other posters happen to think along those lines. Toooo bad you don't like the way I moderate- you happen to be in a class of one about that. FYI, this garbage fan has had Season tickets since 1999, can you say the same? Then STFU about that one. I had Watkins at #4, so you can STFU about that one too. 🙂

    When you resort to name calling & personal insults- you've already lost the argument Mike. Maybe you'll realize it when you grow up, and learn to respect dissenting opinions- even if you disagree with them. I learned that lesson a long, long time ago. Internet Rules of Engagement 100. Congrats on getting both me and Zombo pissed off- that's a rare Daily Double. You're adding nothing to this thread, and of late forum- except a lot of hate.

    Adios, and you won't be missed. .

  • dude turned into a train wreck. dog must have died or wife must have left him.

    geesh. i felt embarrassed for him.

    drive safe! have a nice day!

  • Lord knows me and Mik never posted anything stupid on here.....

  • HA!

  • LOL this whole board. Just sit back this season and enjoy the times JFF is in. Sometimes you'll be saying, "Ah, shit NO!" and other times you'll be saying, "Holy SHIT! Did he just do that!"

    And often times both things will be said on the exact same play one after the other. Whateveer happens you will be entertained.

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL this whole board. Just sit back this season and enjoy the times JFF is in. Sometimes you'll be saying, "Ah, shit NO!" and other times you'll be saying, "Holy SHIT! Did he just do that!"

    And often times both things will be said on the exact same play one after the other. Whateveer happens you will be entertained.

    Depending on how things begin the season, he may not get in.

    But....hello......both long time Browns fans and newbie JFF followers, there is a model for how to handle JTMZ.....and that model is..........Bernie Kosar, and Gary Danielson. Hoyer may be to JFF what Danielson was to BK.

    For those of you that don't know, in BKs rookie season, he sat for 8 games while the wiley veteran Danielson led the team for the first half of the season. Then around game 9, BK got his start and stayed there for the rest of the year.....including a close playoff loss to the Dolphins.

    I could see a similar scenario playing out.

  • Just wait until a bad loss and mik goes on one of his famous drunken rants.

    You JM newbies will probably have to seek therapy.

  • I have been reading message boards about Johnny since he was in HS. I haven't missed one of his games since he was a freshman in HS. You guys don't have ANYTHING on how bad the Texas AM board (TexAgs) slammed him until he finally got on the field. There was a lot of crow eating on that board. Sure I am a homer but the kid is something special. He has a rare combination of athletic ability, brains and heart. So far he has proved everybody wrong and I think the NFL is just the final step. He will never get a scholarship to a D! school. He will never start at a D1 school. He will never play QB at a D1 school. He will get crushed in the SEC. He will not win the Heisman as a freshman...blah blah blah. Johnny just wins or dies trying. Ok I am done for now 😁

    @tivy74 said:

    I have been reading message boards about Johnny since he was in HS. I haven't missed one of his games since he was a freshman in HS. You guys don't have ANYTHING on how bad the Texas AM board (TexAgs) slammed him until he finally got on the field. There was a lot of crow eating on that board. Sure I am a homer but the kid is something special. He has a rare combination of athletic ability, brains and heart. So far he has proved everybody wrong and I think the NFL is just the final step. He will never get a scholarship to a D! school. He will never start at a D1 school. He will never play QB at a D1 school. He will get crushed in the SEC. He will not win the Heisman as a freshman...blah blah blah. Johnny just wins or dies trying. Ok I am done for now 😁

    Are you so insecure in your opinions that you want to hide them behind such a teeny tiny font?

    All I can say is: I hope you are right.

  • @usfbrown said:

    That's exactly what i said. You're starting to act like the Manziel lovers.

    If that's not what you're saying, then your comparison is invalid.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If that's not what you're saying, then your comparison is invalid.

    No that's not what i'm saying. What i was saying is that Rogers was arguably more gifted at QB when he entered the league than Favre was at his stage in his career. I.e. Manziel is probably a better QB than Hoyer.

    Favre was winning games but arguably Rogers could have won more. Hoyer was winning games, but JF might win more.

    They let Rogers sit and learn. It turned out pretty well for them.

    So I am was saying that letter Rogers sit and learn wasn't such a bad thing, but he could have arguably came in and been much better than Favre. The same can be said in our case, Manziel might come in and win more games than Hoyer. But you never know how a guy will perform in NFL from college.

    Johnny is still a young man. You're still maturing physically as well as mentally in your early twenties. The NFL is trial by fire now with these rookie QBs.

    I think the Packers did it right in letting him sit. But who knows it may have been better to set Brett packing earlier (pun intended).

    Anyways it was no a comparison between Hoyer and Favre as it was the situation with a rookie QB who potentially is a better QB than the current QB. That is all.

  • @tivy74 said:

    I have been reading message boards about Johnny since he was in HS. I haven't missed one of his games since he was a freshman in HS. You guys don't have ANYTHING on how bad the Texas AM board (TexAgs) slammed him until he finally got on the field. There was a lot of crow eating on that board. Sure I am a homer but the kid is something special. He has a rare combination of athletic ability, brains and heart. So far he has proved everybody wrong and I think the NFL is just the final step. He will never get a scholarship to a D! school. He will never start at a D1 school. He will never play QB at a D1 school. He will get crushed in the SEC. He will not win the Heisman as a freshman...blah blah blah. Johnny just wins or dies trying. Ok I am done for now 😁

    Are you so insecure in your opinions that you want to hide them behind such a teeny tiny font?

    All I can say is: I hope you are right.

    @the-gipper said:

    Are you so insecure in your opinions that you want to hide them behind such a teeny tiny font?

    All I can say is: I hope you are right.

    It's just so that the old people don't read it and run him out of town.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If that's not what you're saying, then your comparison is invalid.

    No that's not what i'm saying. What i was saying is that Rogers was arguably more gifted at QB when he entered the league than Favre was at his stage in his career. I.e. Manziel is probably a better QB than Hoyer.

    Favre was winning games but arguably Rogers could have won more. Hoyer was winning games, but JF might win more.

    They let Rogers sit and learn. It turned out pretty well for them.

    So I am was saying that letter Rogers sit and learn wasn't such a bad thing, but he could have arguably came in and been much better than Favre. The same can be said in our case, Manziel might come in and win more games than Hoyer. But you never know how a guy will perform in NFL from college.

    Johnny is still a young man. You're still maturing physically as well as mentally in your early twenties. The NFL is trial by fire now with these rookie QBs.

    I think the Packers did it right in letting him sit. But who knows it may have been better to set Brett packing earlier (pun intended).

    Anyways it was no a comparison between Hoyer and Favre as it was the situation with a rookie QB who potentially is a better QB than the current QB. That is all.

    @usfbrown said:

    No that's not what i'm saying. What i was saying is that Rogers was arguably more gifted at QB when he entered the league than Favre was at his stage in his career. I.e. Manziel is probably a better QB than Hoyer.

    Favre was winning games but arguably Rogers could have won more. Hoyer was winning games, but JF might win more.

    They let Rogers sit and learn. It turned out pretty well for them.

    So I am was saying that letter Rogers sit and learn wasn't such a bad thing, but he could have arguably came in and been much better than Favre. The same can be said in our case, Manziel might come in and win more games than Hoyer. But you never know how a guy will perform in NFL from college.

    Johnny is still a young man. You're still maturing physically as well as mentally in your early twenties. The NFL is trial by fire now with these rookie QBs.

    I think the Packers did it right in letting him sit. But who knows it may have been better to set Brett packing earlier (pun intended).

    Anyways it was no a comparison between Hoyer and Favre as it was the situation with a rookie QB who potentially is a better QB than the current QB. That is all.

    Rodgers was stuck behind a legend and sat for...what 3 years?

    You can't bench Brett Favre in Green Bay. That's all that situation was about. Had nothing to do with getting Rodgers ready.

    You can bench Brian Hoyer in Cleveland. Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet.

  • @usfbrown said:

    No that's not what i'm saying. What i was saying is that Rogers was arguably more gifted at QB when he entered the league than Favre was at his stage in his career. I.e. Manziel is probably a better QB than Hoyer.

    Favre was winning games but arguably Rogers could have won more. Hoyer was winning games, but JF might win more.

    They let Rogers sit and learn. It turned out pretty well for them.

    So I am was saying that letter Rogers sit and learn wasn't such a bad thing, but he could have arguably came in and been much better than Favre. The same can be said in our case, Manziel might come in and win more games than Hoyer. But you never know how a guy will perform in NFL from college.

    Johnny is still a young man. You're still maturing physically as well as mentally in your early twenties. The NFL is trial by fire now with these rookie QBs.

    I think the Packers did it right in letting him sit. But who knows it may have been better to set Brett packing earlier (pun intended).

    Anyways it was no a comparison between Hoyer and Favre as it was the situation with a rookie QB who potentially is a better QB than the current QB. That is all.

    Rodgers was stuck behind a legend and sat for...what 3 years?

    You can't bench Brett Favre in Green Bay. That's all that situation was about. Had nothing to do with getting Rodgers ready.

    You can bench Brian Hoyer in Cleveland. Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Rodgers was stuck behind a legend and sat for...what 3 years?

    You can't bench Brett Favre in Green Bay. That's all that situation was about. Had nothing to do with getting Rodgers ready.

    You can bench Brian Hoyer in Cleveland. Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet.

    You can if he's going to win you superbowls. They eventually let Favre go. You can't let a legend go either right?

  • @usfbrown said:

    No that's not what i'm saying. What i was saying is that Rogers was arguably more gifted at QB when he entered the league than Favre was at his stage in his career. I.e. Manziel is probably a better QB than Hoyer.

    Favre was winning games but arguably Rogers could have won more. Hoyer was winning games, but JF might win more.

    They let Rogers sit and learn. It turned out pretty well for them.

    So I am was saying that letter Rogers sit and learn wasn't such a bad thing, but he could have arguably came in and been much better than Favre. The same can be said in our case, Manziel might come in and win more games than Hoyer. But you never know how a guy will perform in NFL from college.

    Johnny is still a young man. You're still maturing physically as well as mentally in your early twenties. The NFL is trial by fire now with these rookie QBs.

    I think the Packers did it right in letting him sit. But who knows it may have been better to set Brett packing earlier (pun intended).

    Anyways it was no a comparison between Hoyer and Favre as it was the situation with a rookie QB who potentially is a better QB than the current QB. That is all.

    Rodgers was stuck behind a legend and sat for...what 3 years?

    You can't bench Brett Favre in Green Bay. That's all that situation was about. Had nothing to do with getting Rodgers ready.

    You can bench Brian Hoyer in Cleveland. Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet.

    That worked well for Couch........ He was a beaten down, broken, skittish vet who never recovered.

  • First off Couch mightve sucked anyway. He was on an expansion team, he was destroyed because of no help. Different situation here. Theres a ton of guys who sat and wet awful and guys who started day 1 and were bad. If youre good then getting the mistakes out of the way is the best thing for you. You learn by playing not watching.