Skip to content

TCPO isn't that stupid

The Browns Board
28 10 1.0k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Did want to say that so far the Bortles call by guy who ain't that stupid is looking pretty good...

    Watching Bortles last night I kept saying "this is preseason against backups" over and over in my head. But man, he did look pretty damn strong. I do think something that can't be understated is there's practically zero pressure on the kid though. Knows he's got time to develop, playing for a crappy team AND is completely overshadowed by our beloved JF.

    Then again, Weeden was the preseason MVP so who knows.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @jrb12711 said:

    Watching Bortles last night I kept saying "this is preseason against backups" over and over in my head. But man, he did look pretty damn strong. I do think something that can't be understated is there's practically zero pressure on the kid though. Knows he's got time to develop, playing for a crappy team AND is completely overshadowed by our beloved JF.

    Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...

    The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.

    I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Watching Bortles last night I kept saying "this is preseason against backups" over and over in my head. But man, he did look pretty damn strong. I do think something that can't be understated is there's practically zero pressure on the kid though. Knows he's got time to develop, playing for a crappy team AND is completely overshadowed by our beloved JF.

    Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...

    The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.

    I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...

    The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.

    I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.

    Not doing what we could to grab Bortles may come back to haunt us. He was literally the only player in this draft that I pined for.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...

    The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.

    I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.

    Not doing what we could to grab Bortles may come back to haunt us. He was literally the only player in this draft that I pined for.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Not doing what we could to grab Bortles may come back to haunt us. He was literally the only player in this draft that I pined for.

    yes you had him as your fave QB.

    saw some of garroppollo last night and he looked pretty good against what some have thought would be a greatly improved philly D.

    things have yet to pan out about all the rookies and remember........it's the second PRESEASON game we're watching.

  • cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @douche-nozzle said:

    I have always wondered what TCPO means? Is that a birth control method?

    I hope you are joking. But, looking back at your posts, you're probably not.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #20

    @douche-nozzle said:

    Hey.....anyone who references Tim Couch as his user name probably needs help with birth control.

    Don't knock couch. I guarantee you if Ben would've got drafted to that team he would have been lucky to last that long.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @douche-nozzle said:

    I have always wondered what TCPO means? Is that a birth control method?

    That's exactly what it means.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @douche-nozzle said:

    Can I assume then that he is pregnant with a little brownie .....since he got f#$%ed by them?

    I'd agree to that.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @douche-nozzle said:

    I get the point that the Browns have probably destroyed the career of many potential QB's but I think Ben would have shone through. Thank God we will never know 😁

    True... but depends how you define "potential"... something we've clearly had issues with in the past.

    You only went thru 12 between Bradshaw and Ben, right? In about 20 years?

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I get the point that the Browns have probably destroyed the career of many potential QB's but I think Ben would have shone through. Thank God we will never know 😁

    True... but depends how you define "potential"... something we've clearly had issues with in the past.

    You only went thru 12 between Bradshaw and Ben, right? In about 20 years?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @tour2ma said:

    True... but depends how you define "potential"... something we've clearly had issues with in the past.

    You only went thru 12 between Bradshaw and Ben, right? In about 20 years?

    Bubby Brister, Aw shucks, that never happened.

  • @tour2ma said:

    True... but depends how you define "potential"... something we've clearly had issues with in the past.

    You only went thru 12 between Bradshaw and Ben, right? In about 20 years?

    Bubby Brister, Aw shucks, that never happened.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @hoorta said:

    Bubby Brister, Aw shucks, that never happened.

    Not to mention Tomczak... Stewart (AKA "Slash")... Touchdown Tommy... Neil O'... Stoudt... Malone...

    That's 7... missing some...

  • @hoorta said:

    Bubby Brister, Aw shucks, that never happened.

    Not to mention Tomczak... Stewart (AKA "Slash")... Touchdown Tommy... Neil O'... Stoudt... Malone...

    That's 7... missing some...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    Not to mention Tomczak... Stewart (AKA "Slash")... Touchdown Tommy... Neil O'... Stoudt... Malone...

    That's 7... missing some...

    Tour, you missed some of Ghoolie's classic posts about- as he put it- "Queerdell's" Gay tendencies.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @douche-nozzle said:

    True....but there are two very big differences between the Steelers and the Browns:

    1. The Steelers finally got their next hall of fame QB (something the Browns haven't had in 60 years)

    2. The Steelers were a winning team throughout those years with those QBs

    With O'Donnell. He should probably not be lumped in with the others. He was a pretty good QB.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @douche-nozzle said:

    I get the point that the Browns have probably destroyed the career of many potential QB's but I think Ben would have shone through. Thank God we will never know 😁

    The Browns destroyed the potential of these QBs? I think it is the other way around. Except for Couch, all these QBs destroyed the Browns potential for victory with their horrendous play.

    Who among the likes of Spergon Wynn, Luke McCown, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy, Brandon Weeden do you think would have turned out to be a quality NFL starting QB had they begun their careers elsewhere? I mean, Jesus, they have all had such successful careers playing for other teams elsewhere, right?

    Even the veterans that were brought in here to perform, Dilfer, Garcia, Delhomme, Campbell....I mean they all went from here to lead teams to the playoffs......NOT. Maybe Garcia had a little success in Philly, but that is it. They were all on their last hurrahs.

    Had BR been taken here, I do think he would have flourished.

    I don't know if the Browns would have been to Super Bowls......as it is the Steelers defense that carried them quite a bit to that end, but he would have done well and the Browns easily could have won.