Skip to content

Brian Hoyer

Locked The Browns Board
145 44 8.1k
  • Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

  • So, this is only my 2nd post ever here, but I gotta say that no one really knows who's gonna be good and who's not....no one.....it's been proven over and over and over again. So, why debate what you cant prove.....????

    Im 51 and have been waiting A LONG FREAKING time for this type of excitement.....look forward to seeing JFF OR Hoyer take this team farther than it's been in decades....and I think the time is upon us......and Im excited......but I gotta admit the whole JFF vs Hoyer is kind of ruining the fun for me, by totally polluting all the discussion and press...... I just want to see them play, not haggle about a bunch of speculation and crap I cant prove......

    Im a defense lover...so, for me, the only QB discussion I want to hear is how the other team is gonna repair the one we just broke.....

    And I dont blame the all Texas folks for turning to Cleveland...... Romo and Weeden???.....hahahaha......

    @everlastingxxx said:

    This place is more of a social club for these guys. I get it because they have gone so many years without winning they have had to find other ways to be united, hence all the action the non-football forums get.

    They share a bond of losing and they dont like any outsiders telling them anything. They dont know how to be opened about anything so they resort to childish insults. Hmmm, i dont want you here, so i am going to call you gay and insult you every chance i get. This person acts like a child stomping up and down screaming because he doesnt want you in his play pen. Grow the fuck up already. Be an adult. Talk like an adult. In person are you going to call me gay? I doubt it. The power of the internet tough guys.

    To a certain extent is is a club- you don't have to agree with us- but please- us guys get real tired of seeing outlandish statements like "Manziel will do more in three games than Hoyer has in his entire career" Or Manziel "could beat out (in their prime) Kurt Warner, or Tony Romo right now". It reeks of Ghoolie and Rich's argument offensive linemen are a dime a dozen.

    @mudfly said:

    So, this is only my 2nd post ever here, but I gotta say that no one really knows who's gonna be good and who's not....no one.....it's been proven over and over and over again. So, why debate what you cant prove.....????

    Im 51 and have been waiting A LONG FREAKING time for this type of excitement.....look forward to seeing JFF OR Hoyer take this team farther than it's been in decades....and I think the time is upon us......and Im excited......but I gotta admit the whole JFF vs Hoyer is kind of ruining the fun for me, by totally polluting all the discussion and press...... I just want to see them play, not haggle about a bunch of speculation and crap I cant prove......

    Im a defense lover...so, for me, the only QB discussion I want to hear is how the other team is gonna repair the one we just broke.....

    And I dont blame the all Texas folks for turning to Cleveland...... Romo and Weeden???.....hahahaha......

    What bothers me is all this Hoyer-Manziel debate has totally shifted the focus away from the rest of the team. How's Gilbert doing? Bitonio? See what I mean? The JFF thumpers hardly give a rat about anything else about the Browns.

    Zombo said:

    That's called getting in the last word.

    Everlastingknobslobber and Oingo Bongo were shown the door this morning.

    It's football season. No more time to babysit Texmex sphincter sniffers.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I like it ... that's why I left Douche Nozzle around, to get those claws ready ... it's dress rehearsal time.

    and there's still a couple tx moes scurrying about ... AG1969 is the only one with half a brain though.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    Hey Ag 1969 is way cool- Most of the others- I'm not so sure about. Put it to a vote. It is a distraction if all you want to talk about is one player. I think we may have exceeded the Quinn-Anderson fiesta, and it's not even the regular season yet.

  • Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    i'll give them a donut on the way out the door.

    drive safe and have a nice day.

  • Maybe if you quote me I could understand what you're talking about.

    I'm consistent.

  • Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    You banned a former nfl player; it's pretty funny.

    I'll ban myself.

    This Is your sandbox, I get that.

    Enjoy the season, guys.

    Go browns

  • Maybe if you quote me I could understand what you're talking about.

    I'm consistent.

    @txdawg said:

    Maybe if you quote me I could understand what you're talking about.

    I'm consistent.

    Wasn't directed against you- don't take that personally.

    @txdawg said:

    You banned a former nfl player; it's pretty funny.

    I'll ban myself.

    This Is your sandbox, I get that.

    Enjoy the season, guys.

    Go browns

    Hell, If one of those two played in the NFL- you could have fooled me. Really- we've had armchair qbs come in here with pictures containing circles and arrows, breaking down plays, explaining why or why not the play worked.

    Not stuff like- you guys are fools because you can't understand the incredible greatness of JF. Yeah, I got it- I see incredible athleticism- in a very limited sampling size- that would be in the NFL, not college, in a meaningless preseason game where the opposing (second team) defense isn't even trying to disguise what they're doing. I've also watched the NFL in general, and the Browns in particular- and I'm going to give away my age- since 1958- the "Greatest Game ever played".

  • Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    I'll take all the news Browns fans no matter how they arrived at enlightenment.

    I will feel bad for whichever of the two, or even three quarterbacks that don't succeed no matter who they might be.

    Too much negative quarterback energy here. Save your hate for the Steelers.

    WSS

  • Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    It just gets old rehashing the same things in every thread. I don't know if these guys are just dumb or trolling. I'm hoping the later because they just do not understand how to debate, constantly put words in your mouth, and gloss over the main point.

    I'll just start using that ignore function a lot more if those losers are let back in. But you'll have the same threads going out of control over and over.

  • Zombo said:

    Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    It just gets old rehashing the same things in every thread. I don't know if these guys are just dumb or trolling. I'm hoping the later because they just do not understand how to debate, constantly put words in your mouth, and gloss over the main point.

    I'll just start using that ignore function a lot more if those losers are let back in. But you'll have the same threads going out of control over and over.

    @usfbrown said:

    do not understand how to debate, constantly put words in your mouth, and gloss over the main point.

    = stocktonshorts.

    talk about dense. more dense than iridium.

  • Zombo said:

    Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    I'll take all the news Browns fans no matter how they arrived at enlightenment.

    I will feel bad for whichever of the two, or even three quarterbacks that don't succeed no matter who they might be.

    Too much negative quarterback energy here. Save your hate for the Steelers.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I'll take all the news Browns fans no matter how they arrived at enlightenment.

    I will feel bad for whichever of the two, or even three quarterbacks that don't succeed no matter who they might be.

    Too much negative quarterback energy here. Save your hate for the Steelers.

    WSS

    Seriously. Why bash your own players.

    Though I do get the hate for player-only fans. It's childish

  • No interest in discussing football with them. If one was actually a former player, then its sad how fucking stupid he was. Even sadder how they relished a project QB and turned a blind eye to actually watch.

    Fucking sad....a former player should know better and be objective.

    Makes me even happier they're gone.

  • Zombo said:

    Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    You banned a former nfl player; it's pretty funny.

    I'll ban myself.

    This Is your sandbox, I get that.

    Enjoy the season, guys.

    Go browns

    @txdawg said:

    You banned a former nfl player; it's pretty funny.

    I'll ban myself.

    This Is your sandbox, I get that.

    Enjoy the season, guys.

    Go browns

    Was it something I said? Former who what?

    Speaking of Short'n'Stocky (who is lurking as I type this)... I swear I saw him in a promo for some upcoming tribute to JM. Sitting at a table in what appeared to be "the Bird" (Dixie Chicken, the College Station bar for the uninitiated). Same ball cap and everything...

  • Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    Yea, let them back. I am interested in hearing what these guys may have to say once JFF has some real time in the NFL.

  • Zombo said:

    Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

    We want Barabbas!

    Z

    Yea, let them back. I am interested in hearing what these guys may have to say once JFF has some real time in the NFL.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, let them back. I am interested in hearing what these guys may have to say once JFF has some real time in the NFL.

    I have an early prediction:

    If he comes out and lights it up--"We Told You So"!!!

    And then we'll have to shut the forum down for 3 days while we clean off the jizz.

    If he struggles and/or plays badly--"Pettine damaged his confidence by saying mean things and not just

    giving him the starting job because Hoyer is a joke, etc., etc.", OR "Shanahan is an idiot who isn't using him

    correctly", OR "the people on the BB hurt his feelings and said mean things like he should have to earn his

    place in the starting lineup and didn't immediately drop to their knees and offer him oral pleasure, etc., etc."

  • either way regular browns fans are going to have to deal with these guys until they realize manziel is only human.

  • If he plays the way some of these guys think he will, we'll all be Johnny fans.

    Hell, after his 3rd Superbowl win, l'll name my first born after him. She's 13, and a girl, so she won't like that much, but we all have to make sacrifices to pay homage to Johnny.

  • Bring them back. New blood always stirs things up a bit on the big board. Their posts are usually coherent and, at times, provoking.

  • they'll all disappear if he can't beat out hoyer during the regular season barring injury.

    if he sucks as bad as they think hoyer is, do you think they'll stick with him for another year?

  • Well, we all know who the best QB is now.............

  • Everyone might want to reread the original post again.

    Should start to be a bit more clear.