Skip to content

Brian Hoyer

Locked The Browns Board
145 44 8.1k
  • @hoorta said:

    Yeah I watched Manzeil's A&M highlights tossing it up to Evans being triple covered, and Mike bailing his ass out. Hate to tell you that shit doesn't work in the NFL.

    I also watched him put several passes right on the money that got him the Heisman and made him shatter every SEC record on the planet.

    His shot to Evans against Bama to put them down by a TD and his laser to Swope vs. Bama in 12' were case and point examples.

    Don't Cherry pick

    @walterwhite said:

    I also watched him put several passes right on the money that got him the Heisman and made him shatter every SEC record on the planet.

    His shot to Evans against Bama to put them down by a TD and his laser to Swope vs. Bama in 12' were case and point examples.

    Don't Cherry pick

    Tell em WW. Hide and watch Cleveland peeps.

  • @hoorta said:

    And guys who have been following the Browns for 50+ years know how it's going to work out short term.

    Yeah I watched Manzeil's A&M highlights tossing it up to Evans being triple covered, and Mike bailing his ass out. Hate to tell you that shit doesn't work in the NFL.

    If you think that's Manziel's game then watch an actual game, because that couldn't be further from the truth. If anybody throws it up, it's Hoyer to Gordon. Manziel is twice the passer Hoyer is right now and the stats back that up. He consistently has a higher completion percentage than Hoyer.

    @bangobango said:

    If anybody throws it up, it's...

    ...gonna be me. This shit is getting so tired.

  • A post that mentions "data" multiple times but doesn't actually reference any... Brilliant

  • This thread is hilarious....

    Butt hurt

  • That's the last you'll see me speak about Brian Hoyer. Have at it.

    Since your OP was nothing but a rehash of things you have said many times before....perhaps we should advocate that the admins put you on a timeout if you break your promise?

    Are you willing to accept that harsh judgment if you break your word?

  • That's the last you'll see me speak about Brian Hoyer. Have at it.

    Since your OP was nothing but a rehash of things you have said many times before....perhaps we should advocate that the admins put you on a timeout if you break your promise?

    Are you willing to accept that harsh judgment if you break your word?

    @the-gipper said:

    That's the last you'll see me speak about Brian Hoyer. Have at it.

    Since your OP was nothing but a rehash of things you have said many times before....perhaps we should advocate that the admins put you on a timeout if you break your promise?

    Are you willing to accept that harsh judgment if you break your word?

    Please make it so

  • people are acting like hoyer is 36 years old. Its totally realisitc that this dude takes the starting job and leaves johnny on the bench. Its totally possible that hes the next 7-8 years of this team if he plays well

  • Is it data or is it history?

    History says a QB under 6 feet will win a superbowl every few decades, since Wilson just won one with the Seahawks it's going to be a long wait for Manziel.

    History says a QB drafted by Cleveland is going to suck.

    History says a QB drafted at the number 22 spot in the first round is going to crash and burn.

    Need i go on?

    @masterdog said:

    Is it data or is it history?

    History says a QB under 6 feet will win a superbowl every few decades, since Wilson just won one with the Seahawks it's going to be a long wait for Manziel.

    Need i go on?

    That other little Texas Hill country Austinite QB Drew Brees says hello. So FYI 2 under 6 feet 2010 and 2014.

  • A post that mentions "data" multiple times but doesn't actually reference any... Brilliant

    @mld-woody said:

    A post that mentions "data" multiple times but doesn't actually reference any... Brilliant

    Data data data. What is this, Star Trek the Next Generation?

  • @masterdog said:

    Is it data or is it history?

    History says a QB under 6 feet will win a superbowl every few decades, since Wilson just won one with the Seahawks it's going to be a long wait for Manziel.

    Need i go on?

    That other little Texas Hill country Austinite QB Drew Brees says hello. So FYI 2 under 6 feet 2010 and 2014.

    @texasag1969 said:

    That other little Texas Hill country Austinite QB Drew Brees says hello. So FYI 2 under 6 feet 2010 and 2014.

    I am not sure you consider these towns in Texas Hill Country, but they are close. If JFF could come close to being what:

    Sammy Baugh of Temple TX or

    Bobby Layne of Santa Anna TX

    were, then he would be alright. JFFs style....including his off field style seems like it could be a lot like Layne's....who apparently was a bit of a hell raiser.....and he was a scrambler as a QB.

    He may be more JFFs prototype.

    What area do you define as "Texas Hill Country"?

  • yes a quarterback needs somebody who can catch the fucking ball in a crowd.

    WSS

  • @hoorta said:

    Yeah I watched Manzeil's A&M highlights tossing it up to Evans being triple covered, and Mike bailing his ass out. Hate to tell you that shit doesn't work in the NFL.

    I also watched him put several passes right on the money that got him the Heisman and made him shatter every SEC record on the planet.

    His shot to Evans against Bama to put them down by a TD and his laser to Swope vs. Bama in 12' were case and point examples.

    Don't Cherry pick

    @walterwhite said:

    I also watched him put several passes right on the money that got him the Heisman and made him shatter every SEC record on the planet.

    His shot to Evans against Bama to put them down by a TD and his laser to Swope vs. Bama in 12' were case and point examples.

    Several! Wow!

    @bangobango said:

    Yeah, but Romo and Warner never went up against Manziel. And I'm not kidding when I say he'd beat out both of them in a fair competition, just like h's beating out Hoyer right now by every objective measure.

    Is there an NFL starter, past or present, JM would not beat named Manning (P) or Brady?

    Objective? Did he say "objective"? Did he say that Mike Pettine is not being "objective", but he is?

  • @gumboner76 said:

    Kurt Warner. Undrafted signed by Green Bay cut and ended up in St. Louis after a long stint in arena league and NFL Europe. Pro bowl Super Bowl champion.

    Tony romo. Undrafted pro bowl. If Dallas would ever get a defense he may actually win a playoff game.

    Point is sun shines on a dogs but once in a while and if Hoyer outplays manziel he deserves it.

    Yeah, but Romo and Warner never went up against Manziel. And I'm not kidding when I say he'd beat out both of them in a fair competition, just like h's beating out Hoyer right now by every objective measure.

    @bangobango said:

    Yeah, but Romo and Warner never went up against Manziel. And I'm not kidding when I say he'd beat out both of them in a fair competition, just like h's beating out Hoyer right now by every objective measure.

    So Pettine is not being objective? FYI Manziel has yet to play in a regular season game- to say he's better than Romo or Warner is conjecture, not objectivity. That's your opinion pal- and you're entitled to it. It's why we have names for you guys- Fan Boys, and Man-zealots.

    @tour2ma said:

    Several! Wow!

    Is there an NFL starter, past or present, JM would not beat named Manning (P) or Brady?

    Objective? Did he say "objective"? Did he say that Mike Pettine is not being "objective", but he is?

    I'm surprised some of the Fan Boys haven't started the rumor yet the only reason Pettine is starting Hoyer against Washington is because they want to shop him if he does well.

  • Quite truthfully I would go with Hoyer as the ultimate game manager who will rarely take a risk that would cost a game. But if he gets significantly behind I would still have the luxury of a midnight gambler who can often raise a team to a win when it looks like all is lost anyway. I'd say that was a good combination for this year while JM learns the ropes of being an NFL QB. And even if JM pulls a lost game out, continue with Hoyer as the starter. It helps not to have to look over your shoulder when the inevitable bad game happens.

    Brees went to school at Westlake in Austin on the Balcones faultline.

    But I heard a rumor that Joe Namath was smuggled across the border near Big Bend as an infant and shipped by underground rail to Pa. LOL!

  • Quite truthfully I would go with Hoyer as the ultimate game manager who will rarely take a risk that would cost a game. But if he gets significantly behind I would still have the luxury of a midnight gambler who can often raise a team to a win when it looks like all is lost anyway. I'd say that was a good combination for this year while JM learns the ropes of being an NFL QB. And even if JM pulls a lost game out, continue with Hoyer as the starter. It helps not to have to look over your shoulder when the inevitable bad game happens.

    Brees went to school at Westlake in Austin on the Balcones faultline.

    But I heard a rumor that Joe Namath was smuggled across the border near Big Bend as an infant and shipped by underground rail to Pa. LOL!

    @texasag1969 said:

    Quite truthfully I would go with Hoyer as the ultimate game manager who will rarely take a risk that would cost a game. But if he gets significantly behind I would still have the luxury of a midnight gambler who can often raise a team to a win when it looks like all is lost anyway. I'd say that was a good combination for this year while JM learns the ropes of being an NFL QB. And even if JM pulls a lost game out, continue with Hoyer as the starter. It helps not to have to look over your shoulder when the inevitable bad game happens.

    Brees went to school at Westlake in Austin on the Balcones faultline.

    But I heard a rumor that Joe Namath was smuggled across the border near Big Bend as an infant and shipped by underground rail to Pa. LOL!

    What about my "Texas Hill Country" question with Layne and Baugh?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    OK, those towns at best would be "on the fringe" of Hill country. (as noted, my brother used to live there...in Kerrville...and my daughter goes to school in SA..

    Best states at producing QBs? These are the states that, so far, have produced 3 or more HOF QBs:

    Texas: Baugh/Temple, Layne/Santa Anna, YA Tittle/Marshall.

    Ohio: Dawson/Alliance, Benny Friedman/Cleveland, Staubach/Cincinnati

    California: Aikman/West Covina, Fouts/San Francisco, Moon/LA

    Pennsylvania..the king at producing QBs: Unitas/Pittsburgh, Kelly/Pittsburgh...East Brady, Marino/Pittsburgh, Namath/Beaver Falls, Blanda/Youngwood, Montana/New Eagle

    California could be catching up to PA a bit. When Brady/Rodgers make it that would give that state 2 more. Brees would have Texas another. BR would be another for Ohio. Favre would be the first QB HOFer for Mississippi. Peyton would give Louisiana a second with Bradshaw.

    Kurt Warner would be the first Iowa born player to make the HOF at any position.

  • Brain Hoyer was undrafted and cut by 3 different teams. I don't know how many great NFL QBs have taken that path before they turned on the greatness, but I know it's not many.

    You can find me a similar story, or another long shot but the doesn't change anything. It's called data. Data can show you probabilities and can even rule some things out of being considered a reasonable expectation. Saying "Well this guy was drafted here and he became this" is relying on individual antidotal evidence and saying it nullifies the populous data. It does not. It's an outlier. Outliers can not be reasonably expected.

    For instance a Running Back is going to run a better 40 time than a Lineman. Data proves this. Now there has been a lineman that has run a better 40 time than a running back before, but you can not have a reasonable expectation of that outcome. It's highly unlikely.

    On a grander scale look at airplane travel. Data shows the safest form of commercial travel is by airplane. Planes do crash but they're so rare that you can not reasonably expect any plane you're on to crash. You could fly everyday multiple times and never die in a plane crash. Though they do happen, that doesn't change the rule the data has set.

    If you jump out of a plane without a parachute, you will die. Data supports this. Now you can google and find people who have LIVED falling from planes. That doesn't change the rule. If you jump out of a airplane without a parachute, you will die. No reasonable expectation otherwise.

    Brian Hoyer is a undrafted QB that has been cut 3 times. There's a reason for that. He's not going to be a great QB. You can say others have, but you have no reasonable expectation that he will. The data on that situation is overwhelming. Now of course you will all say something about Manziel I'm sure and you're right, first round draft picks don't always pan out. However the data will show there is a reasonable expectation that a first round draft pick will work out.

    If you had to bet your life on Brian Hoyer making the Hall of Fame would you?

    Now once again because you always have to respond with Manziel, I'll tell you right now I wouldn't bet my life on Manziel making the Hall of Fame.

    HOWEVER if I had to take either Hoyer or Manziel and for my life I had to bet which one would make the Hall of Fame, I'd bet Manziel EVERYTIME all the time and so would you. Why? Because of the data. One was evaluated and undrafted and then evaluated by 3 other teams and cut from their team. The other won an award as the best college player, then was evaluated by NFL teams and chosen in the first round. The odds are much higher there.

    If you think Hoyer is going to be a great QB, then you're fighting data. You're standing at the open door of a plane telling me you could survive jumping without a parachute. I'm telling you that you can't, but you're saying that you saw on the news that someone else did it.

    The result is inevitable. History will not be kind to choosing against the data.

    That's the last you'll see me speak about Brian Hoyer. Have at it.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Brain Hoyer was undrafted and cut by 3 different teams. I don't know how many great NFL QBs have taken that path before they turned on the greatness, but I know it's not many.

    You can find me a similar story, or another long shot but the doesn't change anything. It's called data. Data can show you probabilities and can even rule some things out of being considered a reasonable expectation. Saying "Well this guy was drafted here and he became this" is relying on individual antidotal evidence and saying it nullifies the populous data. It does not. It's an outlier. Outliers can not be reasonably expected.

    For instance a Running Back is going to run a better 40 time than a Lineman. Data proves this. Now there has been a lineman that has run a better 40 time than a running back before, but you can not have a reasonable expectation of that outcome. It's highly unlikely.

    On a grander scale look at airplane travel. Data shows the safest form of commercial travel is by airplane. Planes do crash but they're so rare that you can not reasonably expect any plane you're on to crash. You could fly everyday multiple times and never die in a plane crash. Though they do happen, that doesn't change the rule the data has set.

    If you jump out of a plane without a parachute, you will die. Data supports this. Now you can google and find people who have LIVED falling from planes. That doesn't change the rule. If you jump out of a airplane without a parachute, you will die. No reasonable expectation otherwise.

    Brian Hoyer is a undrafted QB that has been cut 3 times. There's a reason for that. He's not going to be a great QB. You can say others have, but you have no reasonable expectation that he will. The data on that situation is overwhelming. Now of course you will all say something about Manziel I'm sure and you're right, first round draft picks don't always pan out. However the data will show there is a reasonable expectation that a first round draft pick will work out.

    If you had to bet your life on Brian Hoyer making the Hall of Fame would you?

    Now once again because you always have to respond with Manziel, I'll tell you right now I wouldn't bet my life on Manziel making the Hall of Fame.

    HOWEVER if I had to take either Hoyer or Manziel and for my life I had to bet which one would make the Hall of Fame, I'd bet Manziel EVERYTIME all the time and so would you. Why? Because of the data. One was evaluated and undrafted and then evaluated by 3 other teams and cut from their team. The other won an award as the best college player, then was evaluated by NFL teams and chosen in the first round. The odds are much higher there.

    If you think Hoyer is going to be a great QB, then you're fighting data. You're standing at the open door of a plane telling me you could survive jumping without a parachute. I'm telling you that you can't, but you're saying that you saw on the news that someone else did it.

    The result is inevitable. History will not be kind to choosing against the data.

    That's the last you'll see me speak about Brian Hoyer. Have at it.

    I'm not even hping that Hoyer is going to be a great QB, but rather an average starter that can be a place holder until Manziel is ready. I meen shit, an average starter would be leaps and bounds better than what we have had since 1999. As a recent example, I would use McCown, would was undrafted (I think) and bounced around, and then had a very good season last year while he was starting.

  • Just for the record. Fridays practice with the ones.

    Manziel 2-6 no points

    Hoyer. 6-6 2 td's.

    I think you need to rematch the lions game. Yes manziel had a higher percentage. He only threw check downs. One pass was a 12 yd but every other pass was a check down. Hoyer had 3 drops over 20 yards. And still had more passing yards. Hoyer led two drives and had 6 points. (Won't bring up the drop by Gordon that should have been a Td). Manziel drove for 3 points. Manziel was also playing against guys who are probably not gonna see the field much if they even make the team. Hoyer was playing against the number ones. The only reason manziel is getting one reps is to keep the fans oohing like school girls to make money and keep Cleveland relevant.

    Also Hoyer is named starter. If manziel is that awesome why isn't he starting?

    I may not be able to bring up that many Cinderella stories but I can sure name all the first round draft picks that were a bust. 3 for Cleveland alone in the last 15 years.

    Maybe I'm wrong and manziel is the savior. I don't care. All I want is some good f'n football for once in Cleveland.

  • Hogan knows: