Skip to content

Shaw

The Browns Board
179 51 18.6k
  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Yeah, screw all 8 weeks worth of practice and all the times the coaches have evaluated the position and left Shaw at 3/4....he played well in two thirds of a quarter against a prevent 4th string defense. I mean did you see that Hail Mary!?? I didn't see anyone else do that.

    Perfectly reasonable to now think of Shaw as a possible starter. Not weird or dumb at all.

    Screw what the coaches think unless its not the same opinion as yours. Then the coaches have no football IQ right. Jesus you're a total loss.

    Not that long ago you were blabbering about how manziel could walk on water and if you didn't drink the kool aid your were dumb.

    @usfbrown said:

    Screw what the coaches think unless its not the same opinion as yours. Then the coaches have no football IQ right. Jesus you're a total loss.

    Not that long ago you were blabbering about how manziel could walk on water and if you didn't drink the kool aid your were dumb.

    Ohhh please show me where I said anything near that.

    Infact only person I like to talk about is the ol #6 and how low peoples IQ is who think he's the next great QB. Which is a lot of you here.

    Even started a nice long thread about it, that others turned into a Manziel bash because they don't really want to talk about the reality of #6

  • Yeah, screw all 8 weeks worth of practice and all the times the coaches have evaluated the position and left Shaw at 3/4....he played well in two thirds of a quarter against a prevent 4th string defense. I mean did you see that Hail Mary!?? I didn't see anyone else do that.

    Perfectly reasonable to now think of Shaw as a possible starter. Not weird or dumb at all.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Yeah, screw all 8 weeks worth of practice and all the times the coaches have evaluated the position and left Shaw at 3/4....he played well in two thirds of a quarter against a prevent 4th string defense. I mean did you see that Hail Mary!?? I didn't see anyone else do that.

    Perfectly reasonable to now think of Shaw as a possible starter. Not weird or dumb at all.

    It's funny, because Manziel was up against the exact same players the drive before and he needed a handful of penalties to drive down the field.

    Hm. But...but...but...Manziel is so good!

  • Oh yea there is a chance he starts. Like I said earlier he is relentless and never gives up. Keeps his mouth shut and a student of the game. A winner.....

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Yeah, screw all 8 weeks worth of practice and all the times the coaches have evaluated the position and left Shaw at 3/4....he played well in two thirds of a quarter against a prevent 4th string defense. I mean did you see that Hail Mary!?? I didn't see anyone else do that.

    Perfectly reasonable to now think of Shaw as a possible starter. Not weird or dumb at all.

    It's funny, because Manziel was up against the exact same players the drive before and he needed a handful of penalties to drive down the field.

    Hm. But...but...but...Manziel is so good!

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's funny, because Manziel was up against the exact same players the drive before and he needed a handful of penalties to drive down the field.

    Hm. But...but...but...Manziel is so good!

    Once again point to me where I said Manziel is good. Lord knows how many times I've said on here that Manziel might suck. My life on this board is to bring the light to you poor souls who think #6 is the next Warner/Dawson/Sipe...anything more than what he is, which is a decent backup QB.

    I even started a thread about it, might want to reread it, it's more relevant now than it was when I wrote it.

    Ive said over and over, if you think #6 is a great QB then you don't know football. History will be kind to me on this. I think you're all starting to get it now because now it's going away from "#6 is great just like all these other guys who went undrafted" to "Well Manziel sucks". Nobody is pimping the next Kurt Warner now.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's funny, because Manziel was up against the exact same players the drive before and he needed a handful of penalties to drive down the field.

    Hm. But...but...but...Manziel is so good!

    Once again point to me where I said Manziel is good. Lord knows how many times I've said on here that Manziel might suck. My life on this board is to bring the light to you poor souls who think #6 is the next Warner/Dawson/Sipe...anything more than what he is, which is a decent backup QB.

    I even started a thread about it, might want to reread it, it's more relevant now than it was when I wrote it.

    Ive said over and over, if you think #6 is a great QB then you don't know football. History will be kind to me on this. I think you're all starting to get it now because now it's going away from "#6 is great just like all these other guys who went undrafted" to "Well Manziel sucks". Nobody is pimping the next Kurt Warner now.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Once again point to me where I said Manziel is good. Lord knows how many times I've said on here that Manziel might suck. My life on this board is to bring the light to you poor souls who think #6 is the next Warner/Dawson/Sipe...anything more than what he is, which is a decent backup QB.

    I even started a thread about it, might want to reread it, it's more relevant now than it was when I wrote it.

    Ive said over and over, if you think #6 is a great QB then you don't know football. History will be kind to me on this. I think you're all starting to get it now because now it's going away from "#6 is great just like all these other guys who went undrafted" to "Well Manziel sucks". Nobody is pimping the next Kurt Warner now.

    And point to me where I've said Hoyer is the next Warner/Dawson/Sipe. The only comparisons I've drawn, if any, have been that those QB's also weren't high profile draft picks or even draft picks at all.

    I've said over and over, if you think #6 is so bad, why has #2 failed to take the starting job from him? Recent history will be kind to me on this...neither of them have proven to be quality quarterbacks so far and the only one who's even shown that he wants the job has been Shaw.

    That's not claiming that Shaw will be a great NFL QB. I am not saying that. Don't get all huffy and starting putting words in my mouth, like you are want to do.

    What I am saying is that Shaw proved he has a handle on the playbook. Couple that with the fact he was wildly efficient at S.Car and that he's faster than Manziel, and I believe he's at least earned the right to play for a backup position rather than a practice squad designation...a designation that would see him stolen from us on waivers.

    Hoyer and Manziel have been garbage. Give Shaw the chance to prove something with some starting players next week. Get him in before the half. Give him 30 plays. Let's see what we have going on elsewhere.

  • Shaw with starting players?

    Am I taking crazy pills? This has to be some kind of joke on my behalf right? No way does anyone actually think Shaw needs to be in the starters mix right?!?? All because of the two drives he got in the 2nd preseason game? Nobody is that daft to think that matters right? This has to be a joke.

  • Every Connor Shaw Snap From Last Night.

    @lonnie-utah said:

    Every Connor Shaw Snap From Last Night.

    @supertruck97 said:

    4 Man fronts, No Blitz, Against a 3rd/4th String prevent defense.

    He looked good, but you need to put the situation into some perspective...

    They were actually trying stunts and blitzes against Hoyer and Manziel. Shaw had no such challenges.

    Ok, I'll give you those things. But here's the positive things that I personally see that are there regardless of the scheme or personnel:

    Sharpness and Accuracy of passes. Check.

    Quick Release. Check

    Throwing on the Run. Check.

    Ability to step into the pocket to buy time. Check

    Ability to roll out of the pocket to buy time. Check,

    Running for yardage when all of your down field options are covered. Check.

    Being a "leader" on the field. Check. Watch the play at 0:32 Seconds. As the pocket collapses, Shaw escapes to his left. While he's scrambling, he directs his WR to the stop on the field where he needs him to be and delivers a ball while on the run down the sideline where only the WR has a chance to catch it. That's just savvy football.

    Additionally, he looked like he knew where all of his receivers were going to be all of the time.

    If you wanted to ding him for something you could say he didn't do a very good job of clock mangement in the 2 min drill, but as they used to say when I was at the Citadel, "Results, not excuses".

    Now with all of that, I don't think that changes his status, but based simply on last night, Shaw's positives FAR out weighed his negatives.

    I'm simply of the opinion that the Browns are doing themselves a disservice if they don't at least give him a chance with the 2's vs the 3's & 4's. Could he do any worse than Hoyer last night? (No).

    One other thing about CS. He's newly married and about to become a dad. Now, I don't know about the rest of you dad's in here, but when I became a father, my whole life changed. The "selfish" life I had led up to that part diminished and I became much more focused and determined. I wouldn't be surprised if Shaw isn't feeling some of those same emotions right now. Instead of partying, his nose is in the playbook (so to speak).

    Cheers,

    L

  • I just read this whole thread... Lol. Overreact much

  • Why we don't spend this much energy on the cheerleader thread is beyond me.

  • Most of the Shaw love started as a joke last night in the chat room, but he honestly looked good against 3rd stringers as any decent Quarterback should. He doesn't deserve to be the starter or anything, but he definitely deserves a shot to make the team as a 3rd stringer. Knowing how Browns QB's go down to injuries, he'll probably be out there starting by week 15.

  • south carolina native here, not really a browns fan.

    just wanted to say how lucky you guys are to have shaw. ive seen him all through college and can tell you he's progressed into a complete qb package.

    nothing he does will stand out more than someone who is already gifted in a certain area. but he does everything well.

    when rushed, the passes wont be a rockets that could take off someone's fingers, like a qb fearing for his life. he always throws a very catchable football.

    stays poised, very few ints. he's going to be some team's franchise qb.

  • why do guys post stuff under names they make up?

  • Why do bananas have peels?

  • Spurticus! Good to see you on here - it's Gaichon from Cockytalk. I'm actually a longtime Browns fan so the direction this Shaw saga is going is too good to be true.

  • Just because it's Cleveland...

    I see Jimmy forcing Johnny Football to be the starter and cutting Hoyer so there isn't a QB controversy and running with Rex, Shaw and a portable JUGS machine on the practice squad.

    Mark it down! Haha

  • Shaw with starting players?

    Am I taking crazy pills? This has to be some kind of joke on my behalf right? No way does anyone actually think Shaw needs to be in the starters mix right?!?? All because of the two drives he got in the 2nd preseason game? Nobody is that daft to think that matters right? This has to be a joke.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Shaw with starting players?

    Am I taking crazy pills? This has to be some kind of joke on my behalf right? No way does anyone actually think Shaw needs to be in the starters mix right?!?? All because of the two drives he got in the 2nd preseason game? Nobody is that daft to think that matters right? This has to be a joke.

    Aw, gee, he's not a first round pick. You obviously have a severe reading comprehension problem, as I just said Hoyer may be a three game wonder.

    To be in the starters mix? Shanahan will decide that. Looked up his draft profile- BTW, he's almost exactly the same size as JF, and sure looked to be as mobile. Knocks? Weak arm (yeah- barely got the Hail Mary to the goal line) and small hands.

    24-1 TD\INT ratio is stellar, and his W-L is as good as Manziel's- playing in the same conference. Want to start making up excuses he had a better coach (Spurrier) and a better defense? Sure didn't have 2 first round picks on offense to help him out, like Manziel did.

  • I wasn't expecting this thread to devolve into Gamecock history but it's better than hearing from a Clemson fan.

  • hi

  • Most of the Shaw love started as a joke last night in the chat room, but he honestly looked good against 3rd stringers as any decent Quarterback should. He doesn't deserve to be the starter or anything, but he definitely deserves a shot to make the team as a 3rd stringer. Knowing how Browns QB's go down to injuries, he'll probably be out there starting by week 15.

    @browns23 said:

    Most of the Shaw love started as a joke last night in the chat room, but he honestly looked good against 3rd stringers as any decent Quarterback should. He doesn't deserve to be the starter or anything, but he definitely deserves a shot to make the team as a 3rd stringer. Knowing how Browns QB's go down to injuries, he'll probably be out there starting by week 15.

    Yeah, most of us were just fucking with Stockton because he was butthurt over JF playing like ass.

    Apparently it worked, because now he's so mad that he could just stomp his foot. Sounds like he's

    ready to pop a blood vessel.

  • @browns23 said:

    Most of the Shaw love started as a joke last night in the chat room, but he honestly looked good against 3rd stringers as any decent Quarterback should. He doesn't deserve to be the starter or anything, but he definitely deserves a shot to make the team as a 3rd stringer. Knowing how Browns QB's go down to injuries, he'll probably be out there starting by week 15.

    Yeah, most of us were just fucking with Stockton because he was butthurt over JF playing like ass.

    Apparently it worked, because now he's so mad that he could just stomp his foot. Sounds like he's

    ready to pop a blood vessel.

    @dste-ace said:

    Yeah, most of us were just fucking with Stockton because he was butthurt over JF playing like ass.

    Apparently it worked, because now he's so mad that he could just stomp his foot. Sounds like he's

    ready to pop a blood vessel.

    Why would I be butt hurt over Johnny? I've said many times I don't know how good Johnny is going to be. This is funny how I've only talked about how #6 isn't very good and somehow that has turned me into a "Johnny Lover" though I've said over and over that I don't know how good Johnny is going to be. He might suck.

    My entire reason for being on this board is to talk about how #6 isn't very good and I was shocked at how many seemed to think he was.

    The Shaw thing I figured was a joke. Not even the you guys can be that dumb.