Shaw
-
Shhhhh...... You'll get the JF fans mad. That doesn't happen, ya know. Might be why they don't like UDFA Brian Hoyer. Those UFAs can't be any good. FWIW Tony Romo was an UFA too.
Did a little research today on Heisman winning QB's.....very eye opening indeed........no agenda, just was curious....here's what I found....
How many QB's have won the Heisman in the last 40 years???......19
How many of these same 19 Heisman winning QB's were drafted in the 1st round???.....8
Of the 8 Heisman winning QB's selected in the 1st round, how many were selected to be game #1 starters???.....3
Of the 3 Heisman winning, first round drafted, game #1 starting QB's, how many have won the Super Bowl???......0
Ok, Ok...hahaha....lets be fair here....
Of the 3 Heisman winning, first round drafted, game #1 starting QB's,how many have at least played in a superbowl????......0
Ok then....lets say they didnt start game one....
How many of ALL the 19 Heisman winning QB's EVER won a Super Bowl???.....0
Ok then....
How many of the whole 19 at least played in a Super Bowl?......0
Gotta back a full 50 years to find the only 2 Heisman winning QB'S who ever played in or won a Super Bowl to date..(Staubach and Plunkett)....
I must say these facts were very surprising to me. But the facts is the facts......
Really.....reading the whole list....Id say there were very few Heisman winners at any position that became true NFL Superstars....there are some, but it's a short list........
Did a little research today on Heisman winning QB's.....very eye opening indeed........no agenda, just was curious....here's what I found....
How many QB's have won the Heisman in the last 40 years???......19
How many of these same 19 Heisman winning QB's were drafted in the 1st round???.....8
Of the 8 Heisman winning QB's selected in the 1st round, how many were selected to be game #1 starters???.....3
Of the 3 Heisman winning, first round drafted, game #1 starting QB's, how many have won the Super Bowl???......0
Ok, Ok...hahaha....lets be fair here....
Of the 3 Heisman winning, first round drafted, game #1 starting QB's,how many have at least played in a superbowl????......0
Ok then....lets say they didnt start game one....
How many of ALL the 19 Heisman winning QB's EVER won a Super Bowl???.....0
Ok then....
How many of the whole 19 at least played in a Super Bowl?......0
Gotta back a full 50 years to find the only 2 Heisman winning QB'S who ever played in or won a Super Bowl to date..(Staubach and Plunkett)....
I must say these facts were very surprising to me. But the facts is the facts......
Really.....reading the whole list....Id say there were very few Heisman winners at any position that became true NFL Superstars....there are some, but it's a short list........
I covered some of this area in a trivia thread not long ago.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
F%*k you! You constantly yack yack yack and try to impress people with your fountain of useless information while you twist and spin stuff like only a scumbag lawyer could! Your only agenda is you! And quite frankly your use of "The Gipper" is an insult regardless of whether it represents Ronald , Knute or the Gipp himself!
Sorry that I gave you accurate factual data that made you cry. Err....check that. No I'm not. Facts are facts. Truth is truth....and clearly....you know the line.....you can't handle it with your little tirade here.
And FYI, I don't use the screen name The Gipper to "honor" Reagan, Rockne, or even Gipp. I use it because I am The Gipper. Plain and simple. I do use the football avatar in lieu of of anything personal because it is a well known football image. Maybe I will change it
-
-
I mean, these dudes are looking like HowieDawg. OK for the Cock of the Cotswalds, not so much for the Cleveland Browns QBs.

Gipper, that's the only thing they have going for them right now, looking like me that is.
Gipper, that's the only thing they have going for them right now, looking like me that is.
Can you play QB Howie?
Lets have the Howie, Hoyer and Connor show.
-
How do you like me now. I am going full Samurai on your ass. My new avatar depicts the most important and powerful Samurai ever.
Can you say who it is?
-
I love when people start playing the semantics game.
"Oh I never said WILL BE, I said COULD BE and the fact hes a male that currently plays QB for a NFL team then technically I'm right, he COULD BE the next Kurt Warner"
You know what is meant when people defend #6 over and over by saying "But Kurt Warner was undrafted" and "Well I keep thinking about Kurt Warner". Oh just for comparison? Why didn't they say "Well I just think about Pat Devlin was undrafted too" when doing the comparison? It wouldn't be because they're trying to indicate they think #6 is like Kurt Warner do you?
Keep distancing yourself. You can say "Well by Websters Dictionary COULD means that its possible and because he's in the NFL it is possible" and others will jump and go "YEAH EXACTLY" but everyone knows what has been said and what was meant and you're not fooling anyone, including yourself no matter what you want to say.I love when people start playing the semantics game.
"Oh I never said WILL BE, I said COULD BE and the fact hes a male that currently plays QB for a NFL team then technically I'm right, he COULD BE the next Kurt Warner"
You know what is meant when people defend #6 over and over by saying "But Kurt Warner was undrafted" and "Well I keep thinking about Kurt Warner". Oh just for comparison? Why didn't they say "Well I just think about Pat Devlin was undrafted too" when doing the comparison? It wouldn't be because they're trying to indicate they think #6 is like Kurt Warner do you?
Keep distancing yourself. You can say "Well by Websters Dictionary COULD means that its possible and because he's in the NFL it is possible" and others will jump and go "YEAH EXACTLY" but everyone knows what has been said and what was meant and you're not fooling anyone, including yourself no matter what you want to say.
"The usual"
-
http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/08/19/608294_video-spurrier-thompson-weigh.html?rh=1
Give him reps. Let him play. We know something you don't. He just WINS!
-
I can't get the forum to accept photos anymore. I addressed this in the Barber shop.
What the hell are we not paying these mods for then?
-
How do you like me now. I am going full Samurai on your ass. My new avatar depicts the most important and powerful Samurai ever.
Can you say who it is?
How do you like me now. I am going full Samurai on your ass. My new avatar depicts the most important and powerful Samurai ever.
Can you say who it is?
Tom Cruise?
-
How do you like me now. I am going full Samurai on your ass. My new avatar depicts the most important and powerful Samurai ever.
Can you say who it is?
Tom Cruise?
-
How do you like me now. I am going full Samurai on your ass. My new avatar depicts the most important and powerful Samurai ever.
Can you say who it is?
Tom Cruise?
-
I love when people start playing the semantics game.
"Oh I never said WILL BE, I said COULD BE and the fact hes a male that currently plays QB for a NFL team then technically I'm right, he COULD BE the next Kurt Warner"
You know what is meant when people defend #6 over and over by saying "But Kurt Warner was undrafted" and "Well I keep thinking about Kurt Warner". Oh just for comparison? Why didn't they say "Well I just think about Pat Devlin was undrafted too" when doing the comparison? It wouldn't be because they're trying to indicate they think #6 is like Kurt Warner do you?
Keep distancing yourself. You can say "Well by Websters Dictionary COULD means that its possible and because he's in the NFL it is possible" and others will jump and go "YEAH EXACTLY" but everyone knows what has been said and what was meant and you're not fooling anyone, including yourself no matter what you want to say.I love when people start playing the semantics game.
Thanks again- as another poster said- (for) misinterpreting and putting words in the other posters mouths.
BTW, this thread is supposed to be about Shaw, not JFF.
(with apologies to Mudfly, for whom this is not intended...)
-
Not the best writing but still thought you folks would be interested.
Memo to Browns: Start Connor Shaw on Saturday. -
Not the best writing but still thought you folks would be interested.
Memo to Browns: Start Connor Shaw on Saturday.Not the best writing but still thought you folks would be interested.
Zero chance Shaw starts. He should see some action in the 4th quarter.
-
Would Cleveland ever promote Shaw over someone they made a trade on draft day for just to get? I see this as doubtful, unless they don't value job security.
I am from South Carolina, and a Shaw fan, yeah yeah. But he did outperform Manziel last game, against much of the same defense that Manziel could do nothing against.
I just hope he gets some play time vs STL.
-
I like Shaw just fine. But he was playing against guys that will be working for ups in a couple weeks.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login