Skip to content

Shaw

The Browns Board
179 51 18.6k
  • How do you like me now. I am going full Samurai on your ass. My new avatar depicts the most important and powerful Samurai ever.

    Can you say who it is?

  • I love when people start playing the semantics game.

    "Oh I never said WILL BE, I said COULD BE and the fact hes a male that currently plays QB for a NFL team then technically I'm right, he COULD BE the next Kurt Warner"

    You know what is meant when people defend #6 over and over by saying "But Kurt Warner was undrafted" and "Well I keep thinking about Kurt Warner". Oh just for comparison? Why didn't they say "Well I just think about Pat Devlin was undrafted too" when doing the comparison? It wouldn't be because they're trying to indicate they think #6 is like Kurt Warner do you?

    Keep distancing yourself. You can say "Well by Websters Dictionary COULD means that its possible and because he's in the NFL it is possible" and others will jump and go "YEAH EXACTLY" but everyone knows what has been said and what was meant and you're not fooling anyone, including yourself no matter what you want to say.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    I love when people start playing the semantics game.

    "Oh I never said WILL BE, I said COULD BE and the fact hes a male that currently plays QB for a NFL team then technically I'm right, he COULD BE the next Kurt Warner"

    You know what is meant when people defend #6 over and over by saying "But Kurt Warner was undrafted" and "Well I keep thinking about Kurt Warner". Oh just for comparison? Why didn't they say "Well I just think about Pat Devlin was undrafted too" when doing the comparison? It wouldn't be because they're trying to indicate they think #6 is like Kurt Warner do you?

    Keep distancing yourself. You can say "Well by Websters Dictionary COULD means that its possible and because he's in the NFL it is possible" and others will jump and go "YEAH EXACTLY" but everyone knows what has been said and what was meant and you're not fooling anyone, including yourself no matter what you want to say.

    "The usual"

  • http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/08/19/608294_video-spurrier-thompson-weigh.html?rh=1

    Give him reps. Let him play. We know something you don't. He just WINS!

  • I sure like the kid.

  • @taco918 said:

    Why we don't spend this much energy on the cheerleader thread is beyond me.

    I can't get the forum to accept photos anymore. I addressed this in the Barber shop.

    @the-gipper said:

    I can't get the forum to accept photos anymore. I addressed this in the Barber shop.

    What the hell are we not paying these mods for then?

  • How do you like me now. I am going full Samurai on your ass. My new avatar depicts the most important and powerful Samurai ever.

    Can you say who it is?

    @the-gipper said:

    How do you like me now. I am going full Samurai on your ass. My new avatar depicts the most important and powerful Samurai ever.

    Can you say who it is?

    Tom Cruise?

  • I dont care who they pick to start im just sick of the DYSFUNCTION!!!!!

    @kvoethe said:

    I dont care who they pick to start im just sick of the DYSFUNCTION!!!!!

    That's kind of our thing my man.

  • @the-gipper said:

    How do you like me now. I am going full Samurai on your ass. My new avatar depicts the most important and powerful Samurai ever.

    Can you say who it is?

    Tom Cruise?

    @taco918 said:

    Tom Cruise?

    Ok, l literally laughed out loud at this. Well done.

  • @the-gipper said:

    How do you like me now. I am going full Samurai on your ass. My new avatar depicts the most important and powerful Samurai ever.

    Can you say who it is?

    Tom Cruise?

    @taco918 said:

    Tom Cruise?

    No, this guy was a real Samurai....and beyond.

  • I love when people start playing the semantics game.

    "Oh I never said WILL BE, I said COULD BE and the fact hes a male that currently plays QB for a NFL team then technically I'm right, he COULD BE the next Kurt Warner"

    You know what is meant when people defend #6 over and over by saying "But Kurt Warner was undrafted" and "Well I keep thinking about Kurt Warner". Oh just for comparison? Why didn't they say "Well I just think about Pat Devlin was undrafted too" when doing the comparison? It wouldn't be because they're trying to indicate they think #6 is like Kurt Warner do you?

    Keep distancing yourself. You can say "Well by Websters Dictionary COULD means that its possible and because he's in the NFL it is possible" and others will jump and go "YEAH EXACTLY" but everyone knows what has been said and what was meant and you're not fooling anyone, including yourself no matter what you want to say.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    I love when people start playing the semantics game.

    @hoorta said:

    Thanks again- as another poster said- (for) misinterpreting and putting words in the other posters mouths.

    BTW, this thread is supposed to be about Shaw, not JFF.

    (with apologies to Mudfly, for whom this is not intended...)

  • Not the best writing but still thought you folks would be interested.

    Memo to Browns: Start Connor Shaw on Saturday.

  • Not the best writing but still thought you folks would be interested.

    Memo to Browns: Start Connor Shaw on Saturday.

    @lonnie-utah said:

    Not the best writing but still thought you folks would be interested.

    Memo to Browns: Start Connor Shaw on Saturday.

    Zero chance Shaw starts. He should see some action in the 4th quarter.

  • Would Cleveland ever promote Shaw over someone they made a trade on draft day for just to get? I see this as doubtful, unless they don't value job security.

    I am from South Carolina, and a Shaw fan, yeah yeah. But he did outperform Manziel last game, against much of the same defense that Manziel could do nothing against.

    I just hope he gets some play time vs STL.

  • I like Shaw just fine. But he was playing against guys that will be working for ups in a couple weeks.

    WSS

  • I like Shaw just fine. But he was playing against guys that will be working for ups in a couple weeks.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I like Shaw just fine. But he was playing against guys that will be working for ups in a couple weeks.

    WSS

    While playing with guys who will be working for UPS in a couple of weeks.............. Point is, if you can play, then you can play. The Finger was also playing against (and with) some of those same guys, and he sure stood out - oh wait, he didn't.

  • Got the man holding the clipboard on the sideline. Don't even give him a chance and it's a preseason game. That's right some people can't see the forest for the trees and that's our coach. But that's ok patience gets the worm either with the Browns or someone else. Shawshank the Man.....

  • You're blind TOO the keyboard

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    You can't seriously be so blind for Johnny that you think a kid who doesn't even know what a playbook is, let alone how to use it, should be your QB when it counts?

    Want my prediction? Browns or otherwise, the kid is a great playground QB, but he thinks he is bigger than the game and will probably be unable to grasp the concept of a structured offense. CFL..........Here come Johnny!

    A bunch of people think Ghoolie is a fool- but he's been the first here to publicly proclaim Manziel as a bust- he can be an obnoxious SOB, but funny thing is- he's been right more often than not.

  • So with the cuts coming, do they cut Shaw and keep Grossman?

    If so what is the advantage to keeping Grossman if Hoyer is the starter? Helping Johnny learn an offense that he isn't even running if he isn't starting? Does Grossman really need to help a vet like Hoyer learn the offense? Is Grossman servicable if he has to be used?

    I doubt Shaw would make it through waviers and end up on the practice squad another team would pick him up for a 3rd string guy to learn their system, so far he has shown some of the best upside out of the QB's.

    On the other hand, do you want two rookie QB's on the roster?

    Just wondering if the upside to having a guy like Grossman around outweights keeping a young player that could have big upside.