Skip to content

Shaw

The Browns Board
179 51 18.6k
  • Every Connor Shaw Snap From Last Night.

  • The Con Man bringing down over 72% on Cleveland.com poll on who should start.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/which_quarterback_should_start.html#incart_most-comments

    It's 2014 and the fans want an undrafted free agent to start the season at QB.

    Please, somebody save us ....

    Zombo

  • The Con Man bringing down over 72% on Cleveland.com poll on who should start.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/which_quarterback_should_start.html#incart_most-comments

    It's 2014 and the fans want an undrafted free agent to start the season at QB.

    Please, somebody save us ....

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    The Con Man bringing down over 72% on Cleveland.com poll on who should start.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/which_quarterback_should_start.html#incart_most-comments

    It's 2014 and the fans want an undrafted free agent to start the season at QB.

    Please, somebody save us ....

    Zombo

    Unreal.

  • I was at a bar in Ohio City called Town Hall a few weeks ago and saw a guy in South Carolina Connor Shaw jersey.

    Maybe it's an omen

  • The Con Man bringing down over 72% on Cleveland.com poll on who should start.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/which_quarterback_should_start.html#incart_most-comments

    It's 2014 and the fans want an undrafted free agent to start the season at QB.

    Please, somebody save us ....

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    It's 2014 and the fans want an undrafted free agent to start the season at QB.

    Kurt Warner was an Undrafted Free Agent....

    And Superbowl MVP... 😉

  • Every Connor Shaw Snap From Last Night.

    @lonnie-utah said:

    Every Connor Shaw Snap From Last Night.

    4 Man fronts, No Blitz, Against a 3rd/4th String prevent defense.

    He looked good, but you need to put the situation into some perspective...

    They were actually trying stunts and blitzes against Hoyer and Manziel. Shaw had no such challenges.

  • Zombo said:

    The Con Man bringing down over 72% on Cleveland.com poll on who should start.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/which_quarterback_should_start.html#incart_most-comments

    It's 2014 and the fans want an undrafted free agent to start the season at QB.

    Please, somebody save us ....

    Zombo

    Unreal.

    @usfbrown said:

    Unreal.

    You know what? I take it back. Fuck it. If they play him next game and he still excels, why the hell not? I'm rewatching the game and he's the only guy who looks worth a damn right now.

    Put little johhny in timeout and let's see what shaw can do. Johhny obviously not ready and shaw looked the part. Granted Jake Delhomme had a 100+ rating in preseason, I just don't care anymore. Can't take year after year of shitty qb play.

  • I liked the kid when we drafted him and I think he performed admirably.

    I wonder how long Grossman would stay on the practice squad, probably not very. Can we hire him as an assistant coach? Then we can re sign him if somebody gets hurt?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I liked the kid when we drafted him and I think he performed admirably.

    I wonder how long Grossman would stay on the practice squad, probably not very. Can we hire him as an assistant coach? Then we can re sign him if somebody gets hurt?

    WSS

    Steve- Grossman is ineligible for the practice squad.

    @billy1954 said:

    Shaw never got the real respect he should have got in college and the Browns have to play Johnny. Too much money invested. No bullshit with Shaw. He is just like he was at USC quite and studying the play book . Waiting his turn. He has proved he is quicker and more accurate than Manziel. I know it was a short preview but he is a determined winner and that is what the Browns need. If he is cut I can promise he will be picked right up and it will come back to haunt the Browns. What everybody saw last night well what else can I say.... He's Relentless............

    I said this earlier in the thread. Shaw looked good enough in the cameo appearance, the odds of him sneaking onto the practice squad are remote.

    @spurticus said:

    I changed that statement with Shaw being the best I've seen since

    I started following SC sports in 1965. The guy is THAT GOOD. Shaw may not make

    the Browns roster, and may not make an NFL roster, but it won't be for lack of heart.

    I do hope Connor can make an NFL roster. The guy deserves to continue his dream,

    but if he doesn't make it, he will be successful in whatever he does in life. He's that

    kind of character, and has already told Gamecock nation that if it doesn't pan out

    in the NFL, he's going to join the Military. You have a special kind of talent and

    individual there in Connor Shaw. Hope he continues to impress you all the way he's

    impressed SC for four seasons now.

    Pretty sure he's made some NFL roster- I hope it's the Browns.

    @lonnie-utah said:

    Kurt Warner was an Undrafted Free Agent....

    And Superbowl MVP... 😉

    Shhhhh...... You'll get the JF fans mad. That doesn't happen, ya know. Might be why they don't like UDFA Brian Hoyer. Those UFAs can't be any good. FWIW Tony Romo was an UFA too.

  • @lonnie-utah said:

    Every Connor Shaw Snap From Last Night.

    4 Man fronts, No Blitz, Against a 3rd/4th String prevent defense.

    He looked good, but you need to put the situation into some perspective...

    They were actually trying stunts and blitzes against Hoyer and Manziel. Shaw had no such challenges.

    @supertruck97 said:

    4 Man fronts, No Blitz, Against a 3rd/4th String prevent defense.

    He looked good, but you need to put the situation into some perspective...

    They were actually trying stunts and blitzes against Hoyer and Manziel. Shaw had no such challenges.

    Good point but at least he was accurate and seemed in command in the 2 min drill.
  • @supertruck97 said:

    4 Man fronts, No Blitz, Against a 3rd/4th String prevent defense.

    He looked good, but you need to put the situation into some perspective...

    They were actually trying stunts and blitzes against Hoyer and Manziel. Shaw had no such challenges.

    Good point but at least he was accurate and seemed in command in the 2 min drill.

    @usfbrown said:

    Good point but at least he was accurate and seemed in command in the 2 min drill.

    Which can't be said for the other two- I only saw one uncatchable ball, and compared to Hoyer and Manziel it wasn't that far off target.

  • In the oh so infamous words of one Mr BIll......"I can only go by what I see"........

  • @westside-steve said:

    I liked the kid when we drafted him and I think he performed admirably.

    I wonder how long Grossman would stay on the practice squad, probably not very. Can we hire him as an assistant coach? Then we can re sign him if somebody gets hurt?

    WSS

    Steve- Grossman is ineligible for the practice squad.

    @billy1954 said:

    Shaw never got the real respect he should have got in college and the Browns have to play Johnny. Too much money invested. No bullshit with Shaw. He is just like he was at USC quite and studying the play book . Waiting his turn. He has proved he is quicker and more accurate than Manziel. I know it was a short preview but he is a determined winner and that is what the Browns need. If he is cut I can promise he will be picked right up and it will come back to haunt the Browns. What everybody saw last night well what else can I say.... He's Relentless............

    I said this earlier in the thread. Shaw looked good enough in the cameo appearance, the odds of him sneaking onto the practice squad are remote.

    @spurticus said:

    I changed that statement with Shaw being the best I've seen since

    I started following SC sports in 1965. The guy is THAT GOOD. Shaw may not make

    the Browns roster, and may not make an NFL roster, but it won't be for lack of heart.

    I do hope Connor can make an NFL roster. The guy deserves to continue his dream,

    but if he doesn't make it, he will be successful in whatever he does in life. He's that

    kind of character, and has already told Gamecock nation that if it doesn't pan out

    in the NFL, he's going to join the Military. You have a special kind of talent and

    individual there in Connor Shaw. Hope he continues to impress you all the way he's

    impressed SC for four seasons now.

    Pretty sure he's made some NFL roster- I hope it's the Browns.

    @lonnie-utah said:

    Kurt Warner was an Undrafted Free Agent....

    And Superbowl MVP... 😉

    Shhhhh...... You'll get the JF fans mad. That doesn't happen, ya know. Might be why they don't like UDFA Brian Hoyer. Those UFAs can't be any good. FWIW Tony Romo was an UFA too.

    @hoorta said:

    Shhhhh...... You'll get the JF fans mad. That doesn't happen, ya know. Might be why they don't like UDFA Brian Hoyer. Those UFAs can't be any good. FWIW Tony Romo was an UFA too.

    Did a little research today on Heisman winning QB's.....very eye opening indeed........no agenda, just was curious....here's what I found....

    How many QB's have won the Heisman in the last 40 years???......19

    How many of these same 19 Heisman winning QB's were drafted in the 1st round???.....8

    Of the 8 Heisman winning QB's selected in the 1st round, how many were selected to be game #1 starters???.....3

    Of the 3 Heisman winning, first round drafted, game #1 starting QB's, how many have won the Super Bowl???......0

    Ok, Ok...hahaha....lets be fair here....

    Of the 3 Heisman winning, first round drafted, game #1 starting QB's,how many have at least played in a superbowl????......0

    Ok then....lets say they didnt start game one....

    How many of ALL the 19 Heisman winning QB's EVER won a Super Bowl???.....0

    Ok then....

    How many of the whole 19 at least played in a Super Bowl?......0

    Gotta back a full 50 years to find the only 2 Heisman winning QB'S who ever played in or won a Super Bowl to date..(Staubach and Plunkett)....

    I must say these facts were very surprising to me. But the facts is the facts......

    Really.....reading the whole list....Id say there were very few Heisman winners at any position that became true NFL Superstars....there are some, but it's a short list........

  • Zombo said:

    It's 2014 and the fans want an undrafted free agent to start the season at QB.

    Kurt Warner was an Undrafted Free Agent....

    And Superbowl MVP... 😉

    @lonnie-utah said:

    Kurt Warner was an Undrafted Free Agent....

    And Superbowl MVP... 😉

    Yes, we are well aware.

    So was Brian Hoyer.

    And Johnny Football Heisman cant beat out either of them yet.

    Z

  • @usfbrown said:

    Unreal.

    You know what? I take it back. Fuck it. If they play him next game and he still excels, why the hell not? I'm rewatching the game and he's the only guy who looks worth a damn right now.

    Put little johhny in timeout and let's see what shaw can do. Johhny obviously not ready and shaw looked the part. Granted Jake Delhomme had a 100+ rating in preseason, I just don't care anymore. Can't take year after year of shitty qb play.

    @usfbrown said:

    You know what? I take it back. Fuck it. If they play him next game and he still excels, why the hell not? I'm rewatching the game and he's the only guy who looks worth a damn right now.

    Put little johhny in timeout and let's see what shaw can do. Johhny obviously not ready and shaw looked the part. Granted Jake Delhomme had a 100+ rating in preseason, I just don't care anymore. Can't take year after year of shitty qb play.

    Can you imagine the tantrum that Johnny would throw if they actually played him behind Shaw. It would be freaking monumentally entertaining, that I am sure of.

  • How 'bout some love for the rookie UDFAs snaring those passes? Krause, Snead, and Gabriel. Guys looked alright.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Stockton, how many times do we have to tell you we're entirely cognizant Hoyer could turn into another Zeir or Scott Mitchell three game wonder. However Manziel has had two preseason games to light it up. 79 qbr. Our departed pal Brandon Weeden- Mr. Suckful is checking in with his usual 111 in games that don't count. Derek Anderson is doing even better than that. Johnny isn't exactly impressing the hell out of me- or Hoyer for that matter. Objectively, Shaw looked the best of the three.

  • Yeah, screw all 8 weeks worth of practice and all the times the coaches have evaluated the position and left Shaw at 3/4....he played well in two thirds of a quarter against a prevent 4th string defense. I mean did you see that Hail Mary!?? I didn't see anyone else do that.

    Perfectly reasonable to now think of Shaw as a possible starter. Not weird or dumb at all.

  • We should keep Shaw on the team as the number 3. Groom him for a couple season and we'll see what we got with him. But seriously, McCoy looked to be the best QB out there last night and I'd take him over Hoyer, Cousins and Shaw to be the backup. Shaw is going to be lucky to see the practice squad. We either keep him on as the backup so that we actually have one once one of these two guys goes down, or we lose him to the wire... he won't make it to the PS.

  • If we cut Shaw, then we deserve what we get.